Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

GPTribefan posted:

From Captain America 375. Battlestar gets some... dubious advice from Red Zeppelin about what not to do when locked up.

I had forgotten allllllll about that backup story but I guess Garth Ennis hadn't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
That's a strategic crop of that image....

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
More like Tom of Russia

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Shadow Comics #3 (1940)

Plastic Man #8 (1947)

Magnus, Robot Fighter #1 (1963)

Ghost Manor #8 (1969)

Spidey Super Stories #7 (1975)

Doctor Zero #3 (1988)

Uncanny Origins #2 (1996)

Marville #2 (2002)

Tales of the Unexpected #5 (2007)

Doctor Solar, Man of the Atom #3 (2010)

Puppet Master: Curtain Call #3 (2017)

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Dang I haven't thought about Shadowline saga in forever (Doctor Zero above), I wonder how that all ended up.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Something reminded me of this the other day...

Black Panther #2

Black Panther #3

Black Panther #4

Sadly, it ends there rather than every issue getting more and more devil pants.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Fantastic Four - 4 Yancy Street: The Fantastic Four are living on Yancy Street and their celebrity has caused the neighborhood's rent to skyrocket. The problem gets fixed, that's not the important part, this is:

Motherfucking Dr. Doom has an old lady robot designed to troll the Thing.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Random Stranger posted:

Something reminded me of this the other day...

Black Panther #2

Black Panther #3

Black Panther #4

Sadly, it ends there rather than every issue getting more and more devil pants.

I wonder if the whole Devil's Pants bit was inspired by Stig's Inferno, a comic about a guy who ends up pantsless in Hell.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

TwoPair posted:

Fantastic Four - 4 Yancy Street: The Fantastic Four are living on Yancy Street and their celebrity has caused the neighborhood's rent to skyrocket. The problem gets fixed, that's not the important part, this is:

Her name is MODDOT - Meddling Old Doombot Designed Only to Troll

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
:golfclap:

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003
The princess dies a lot:

(read r-l)

This might only work if you've played lots of RPGs.

(Sleepy Princess in the Demon Castle)

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

TwoPair posted:

This only works if the next 8 panels are about Doom obsessing that Grimm will never know he was bested by the superior intellect of Doctor Victor Von Doom.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Red posted:

This only works if the next 8 panels are about Doom obsessing that Grimm will never know he was bested by the superior intellect of Doctor Victor Von Doom.

I think we can take that as implied, really. You know Doom's got like a hour set aside each day for gloating. :doom:

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
Who best to cheerlead Doom than Doom himself. :doom::respek::doom:

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

:doom: Foolish curs! Doom’s back shall be patted by none but DOOM!!! Tremble in awe of the peerless self-care of DOOM!!! :doom:

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

jng2058 posted:

I think we can take that as implied, really. You know Doom's got like a hour set aside each day for gloating. :doom:

I need to see a panel where Doom reveals to Grimm his manipulation of local real estate, courier services, a bakery, and assisted living services to pull this off.

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Red posted:

I need to see a panel where Doom reveals to Grimm his manipulation of local real estate, courier services, a bakery, and assisted living services to pull this off.

"I'm telling you, Stretch, Doom hisself was just here, gloatin' about how he did this! I just turned my head for a moment when I called ya to come see it and he wuz gone!"

"Of course he was, Ben, of course he was. Um, on a totally unrelated note I'm enforcing a mandatory vacation policy for all of us. I just set up a randomized before you called and it said you were first to go."

Actually rewrite that mentally to feature Johnny or Sue. Reed would at least believe that Doom could possibly appear and disappear without warning or triggering alarms and would eventually find the evidence leading back to Latveria. :doom:

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Also there is probably one day a year where Doom just teleports to wherever Reed is when he's alone and just stands there giving him the finger and just teleports out whenever somebody else is in the room. Reed doesn't tell anybody because nobody would believe him.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

David D. Davidson posted:

Also there is probably one day a year where Doom just teleports to wherever Reed is when he's alone and just stands there giving him the finger and just teleports out whenever somebody else is in the room. Reed doesn't tell anybody because nobody would believe him.

Doom has the only perfect time machine that doesn't alter the timeline and create parallel universe, so he can constantly do that but it only took a minute out of his day 20 years into the future.

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

David D. Davidson posted:

Also there is probably one day a year where Doom just teleports to wherever Reed is when he's alone and just stands there giving him the finger and just teleports out whenever somebody else is in the room. Reed's workshop while it's empty, pulls out a green Sharpie, and corrects all the errors (mathematical and grammatical) in Reed's works in progress, perfectly mimicking Reed's handwriting. Reed doesn't tell anybody because nobody would believe him.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Skwirl posted:

Doom has the only perfect time machine that doesn't alter the timeline and create parallel universe, so he can constantly do that but it only took a minute out of his day 20 years into the future.

Doom: Of course this perfect time machine runs on the souls of orphan children.
Reed: Huh, looks like it could run forever off a single AA?
Doom: I didn't say it NEEDS to run on the souls of orphan children :doom:

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Doctor Doom once trolled the FF by offering them a 38% savings on comics subscriptions

Zombie Dachshund
Feb 26, 2016

Trolling Doom is pretty great. But so is stern babysitter Doom (which, I guess, is also a way to troll Reed):

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Zombie Dachshund posted:

Trolling Doom is pretty great. But so is stern babysitter Doom (which, I guess, is also a way to troll Reed):

Isn't it literally canon that Doom's entire relationship with Valeria is a way to troll Reed?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Keromaru5 posted:

Isn't it literally canon that Doom's entire relationship with Valeria is a way to troll Reed?

Dooms entire existence is proving he is better than Reed.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Keromaru5 posted:

Sue was going to die in childbirth unless Doom used his magic powers to deliver the kid. I think that happened?

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Keromaru5 posted:

DOOM is smart enough to know that the only thing more smugly superior than pretending to be a good father figure, is actually being a good father figure :doom:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

prefect posted:

Sue was going to die in childbirth unless Doom used his magic powers to deliver the kid. I think that happened?

Yes. He’s Valeria’s godfather.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Yes. He’s Valeria’s godfather.

Who was also named after Doom's mom.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Frankly, he should've gone with Dooma.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
And then Val was replaced by her older self from the future who was taught soccer by Mia Hamm because Claremont is incapable of not putting stupid topical references into his work.

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.

Vincent posted:

Who was also named after Doom's mom.

Close! Cynthia was Doom's mom. Valeria was his high school girlfriend who he later murdered so that he could wear her skin as a suit of armour. :barf:

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Doom is kind of a lovely dude most of the time, but I believe that he would wage war on Heaven and Hell over a perceived slight against Valeria.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Toshimo posted:

Doom is kind of a lovely dude most of the time, but I believe that he would wage war on Heaven and Hell over a perceived slight against Valeria.

Oh, god, Doom when Valeria starts dating...

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Uthor posted:

Her future love interest worships Doom.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Uthor posted:

yeah its gonna get real creepy when doom starts secretly wanting to gently caress his goddaughter

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
I mean he literally sold her off in FF, Doom cares about Doom. Everything else is secondary, nothing is above Doom.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Samuringa posted:

Frankly, he should've gone with Dooma.

Man I hate to say it but Bagley FF just looks real weird to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Scaramouche posted:

Man I hate to say it but Bagley FF just looks real weird to me.

Is it because in those in those panels Sue and Reed look like Ultimate Gwen and Ultimate Richard Parker?