Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

Regrettable posted:

Is there an article or something you can link to? My google searches aren't turning up anything.

Theres a bunch of posts on the PUBG support forums of various issues that tied back to this, but I found that PUBG in particular had issues with any ram clock speed faster than 2666 for my machine. I tweaked it down from 3200 because its not like any of my other games needed that, and I got good results out of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Mae posted:

Theres a bunch of posts on the PUBG support forums of various issues that tied back to this, but I found that PUBG in particular had issues with any ram clock speed faster than 2666 for my machine. I tweaked it down from 3200 because its not like any of my other games needed that, and I got good results out of it.

Ah, okay, I also have 3200MHz RAM but I don't think I'm willing to drop the clock speed just for PUBG since I play a few open world games and it definitely makes a difference there.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

I think performance at the moment is pretty good overall but I’m really looking forward for the sound improvement patch.

Dollas
Sep 16, 2007

$$$$$$$$$
Clapping Larry
here is a screenshot from a year or so ago that i enjoy

RobotsLoveSpectres
Dec 29, 2008
I miss being able to talk in the lobby and plane. Even though it's just a bunch of idiots howling and the occasional Chinese hacks advertisement.

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

The game is a technical monstrosity and I would believe someone if they said the game crashed their computer and ran over their favorite pet.

It’s super fun though. I still grind solo because there’s something rather zen about it.

RobotsLoveSpectres posted:

I miss being able to talk in the lobby and plane. Even though it's just a bunch of idiots howling and the occasional Chinese hacks advertisement.

:same:

speedtek
Nov 26, 2004

Let's make it out, baby.

Same. The occasional belly laugh I would get from whatever shenanigans was worth dealing with the other bullshit.

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe

Yea. I don't mind them cutting out the guns to avoid lag but muting the voicechat was kinda lame. If people are antisocial weirdos and don't want it on they can mute it with a keystroke

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
I don't miss the constant racism of the voice chat.

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb

Willfrey posted:

Yea. I don't mind them cutting out the guns to avoid lag but muting the voicechat was kinda lame. If people are antisocial weirdos and don't want it on they can mute it with a keystroke

Yes all of us antisocial weirdos that don't need to have somebody screaming the N word at the start of every match...

You really miss that? Sure it can be fun but the other 99% of the time it's Captain N-Word being an idiot.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

fletcher posted:

Yes all of us antisocial weirdos that don't need to have somebody screaming the N word at the start of every match...

You really miss that? Sure it can be fun but the other 99% of the time it's Captain N-Word being an idiot.

Yeah or ear destruction or memes or .... very little of content, it will not be missed.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I haven't listened to any public voice chat for like ten years lol

RobotsLoveSpectres
Dec 29, 2008
The worst teammates are the ones who don't use a mic

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

The best teammates are the ones who don't use a mic

RobotsLoveSpectres
Dec 29, 2008
Actually I was wrong. No mic is better than being able to hear the tv in the background or someone's kids crying. Or worst of all the sound of someones tortured breathing.

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

hawowanlawow posted:

I haven't listened to any public voice chat for like ten years lol

You should definitely turn it on once you are in game. It is incredibly common for somebody to be talking on the public channel without even realizing it. And it's loving hilarious every drat time.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

I don't miss the constant racism of the voice chat.

they should have kept voice chat in lobbies and aggressively permabanned for racism. easiest honeypot in the world.

i enjoyed bartering with other people for their clothes.

fletcher posted:

You should definitely turn it on once you are in game. It is incredibly common for somebody to be talking on the public channel without even realizing it. And it's loving hilarious every drat time.

Yeah, definitely turn on allchat in game. Just be aware that sometimes PUBG will turn your mic to always on, even if it's set to push-to-talk, so maybe hit the mute button on your mic so you're not the one talking on the public channel without realizing it.

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

I remember one of my random squad games a while back this one guy had his mic open and he was watching Friends or some poo poo, the other two on our team were yelling at this guy to stop, they eventually got frustrated and left

The guy eventually did fix it while we were in the plane and he hard carried me to a duo squad victory. Dude had like 12 kills

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

fletcher posted:

Hyperbole.

A couple times I heard a tard screaming it. Probably because he is trying to get a reaction

Did you take the bait?

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

fletcher posted:

Its fun to act like a teammate and allchat him back commands

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Actually I was wrong. No mic is better than being able to hear the tv in the background or someone's kids crying. Or worst of all the sound of someones tortured breathing.

"Yo, hey your kid is crying over your awful aim"

"What you watchin? Oh sounds awesome can you turn it up i can still hear my own footsteps."

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Willfrey posted:

Hyperbole.

A couple times I heard a tard screaming it. Probably because he is trying to get a reaction

Did you take the bait?

They definitely were not isolated incidents...

Of course I don't take the bait, I mute until the round starts and go on with my life

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

fletcher posted:

They definitely were not isolated incidents...

Of course I don't take the bait, I mute until the round starts and go on with my life

And thats what I did too. But now it is permanently off so we don't even have the choice.

Ah well. Its just a game I guess

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Me, an idiot: I don't care what the content of your screaming is, I don't want to hear it at all

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

the dudes trying to sound as stoned as possible at all times are also bad, and they're like 90% of mic users

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

hawowanlawow posted:

the dudes trying to sound as stoned as possible at all times are also bad, and they're like 90% of mic users

unless they also appear to play as stoned as possible, and then it's funny

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Anyone else getting considerable frame drops and lag after this last patch? It's loving ridiculous.

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat
There's a Reddit thread on this. The devs are looking into it. The floating weapons are back as well!

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Yes I had it bad last night.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
I only played two games but I was fine. I forgot they actually finally fixed floating weapons a while ago, that bug was around forever.

RobotsLoveSpectres
Dec 29, 2008
Played a bunch last night and game felt good.
So glad rain is back on erangel

Feral Bueller
Apr 23, 2004

Fun is important.
Nap Ghost
Back after not playing for about 9 months. Like the improvements. Parachute mechanics are *interesting*: Fun new minigame: stay aloft long enough to successfully chase a crate drop.

I have done this more than once. Erangel only. so far. I'm going to start recording and see if I can get one dropped on my head while parachuting.

Drunk Beekeeper
Jan 13, 2007

Is this deception?
I was playing solo tonight, racing my UAZ through a village under fire. I crashed into one of those small metal round trash cans, an object that would undoubtedly be knocked over by any vehicle at almost any speed in real life, but it brought my crappy Russian Jeep to an instant halt, upon which a player was able to perforate me with lead until I died. I admit I rage quit on that one.

I have a fairly unique situation that I discovered recently. I’ve been using an old RAT 5 mouse from Mad Catz. I’ve had this mouse for years and the left click button mechanics started wearing out to the point where a single click would end up being an instant double click. And I do mean instant, faster than humanly possible. Semi auto rifles in the game would fire two rounds essentially at once. Meaning I could score double hits too quickly leading to quick kills. It doesn’t happen on every click, but enough to notice it for sure. Once I realized what was causing the double shots I got spooked about getting banned for cheating despite not using any software hacks, so I replaced it. It was also super annoying when not gaming as double clicking when you don’t mean to can lead to unexpected results. But still wonder sometimes if breaking it out would give me that little advantage to shoot faster than others.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Bringing back the "Turbo" button. Nice.

I'm pretty sure your busted mouse is not a software hack, being that it's hardware and all.

Drunk Beekeeper
Jan 13, 2007

Is this deception?

Ether Frenzy posted:

Bringing back the "Turbo" button. Nice.

I'm pretty sure your busted mouse is not a software hack, being that it's hardware and all.

Oh I know, I just wonder if someone watching their death cam would report me for the impossibly fast shots and then I’d get reviewed and banned. Either way it was too annoying to use in other applications so I gave it up.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
It would be no different from using a macro on your mouse. I can program a macro to any button on my Razer Deathadder to any input I want and to execute it for as long as I hold the button down.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
Also mouse wheel shooting. Also you still have to control your recoil while doing that. PUBG isn't letting you shoot two bullets simultaneously no matter how fast you think you are firing with your broken mouse.

Didn't they also implement max fire rates?

"Slightly decreased the maximum number of shots possible to fire per second with the M16A4."

This was a patch note when they were tweaking the m16.

Blowdryer
Jan 25, 2008

Star Man posted:

It would be no different from using a macro on your mouse. I can program a macro to any button on my Razer Deathadder to any input I want and to execute it for as long as I hold the button down.

p sure they ban for mouse macros and auto hotkey

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Blowdryer posted:

p sure they ban for mouse macros and auto hotkey

I've never actually tried it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Playing squad, we find 2 flare guns off the drop on Vikendi. Then this happens: