Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Arcsquad12 posted:

Excuse me that cardassian engineer lady wanted to rub her ridges on O'Brien's spanner.

I can't decide if "being cold and dismissive is cardassian flirting" is awful weird nerd sex writing, or a amazing subtext for showing that keiko is an undercover cardassian agent

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I forgot Meridian was the episode with Hot Quark I take back what I said Meridian owns

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

shadow puppet of a posted:

Lol at people complaining about lazy alien design when they aged Pulaski by emptying a pencil sharpener and rubbing the shavings on her face and neck.

From the unreleased Fallout 1 star trek expansion

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

ikanreed posted:

I can't decide if "being cold and dismissive is cardassian flirting" is awful weird nerd sex writing, or a amazing subtext for showing that keiko is an undercover cardassian agent

Cardassians are just all tsunderes. Also, the whole subtext of Garak's entire character and relationship with Bashir becomes amazing.

Preston Waters
May 21, 2010

by VideoGames
Gotta love how every ship interior is dark as gently caress in Voyager because they were filming it in high definition and the set was cheap as gently caress

Preston Waters
May 21, 2010

by VideoGames
Watching Scorpion 1 & 2 for the first time. It's tough to ignore the lovely cgi but you got to...

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Preston Waters posted:

Gotta love how every ship interior is dark as gently caress in Voyager because they were filming it in high definition and the set was cheap as gently caress

Voyager was made for standard definition and the sets were expensive re dresses of the same sets that had been standing since the motion picture

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Cardassians are just all tsunderes. Also, the whole subtext of Garak's entire character and relationship with Bashir becomes amazing.

After DS9 established that Cardassians flirt by acting irritated and yelling, it put that TNG scene where Jellico antagonizes them in the negotiations in a new light.

I imagine those three Cardassians coming out of the room, wide-eyed, sweating and breathing hard, and one of them turns to the others and says "what the gently caress was that"

naem
May 29, 2011

Arcsquad12 posted:

Excuse me that cardassian engineer lady wanted to rub her ridges on O'Brien's spanner.

https://i.imgur.com/zT78GDR.gifv

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

YOu know what? I would sex a cardassian

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Iron Crowned posted:

Gettin all horned up for these Cardassian vipers.

Vanadium Dame
May 29, 2002

HELLO I WOULD LIKE TO TALK TO YOU ABOUT MY VERY STRONG OPINIONS

Iron Crowned posted:

Would it be unethical to let a pakled gently caress you? Is there consent for space idiots? I mean, I'd let the tar killin' yar being have it's way with me but

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Erisian Automata posted:

Would it be unethical to let a pakled gently caress you? Is there consent for space idiots? I mean, I'd let the tar killin' yar being have it's way with me but

I don't know is the Pakled in question hot?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Erisian Automata posted:

You mean the yar killin' tar.

CaptainSkinny
Apr 22, 2011

You get it?
No.

Iron Crowned posted:

I don't know is the Pakled in question hot?

You're clearly not Riker if that would stop you.

Vanadium Dame
May 29, 2002

Chomp8645 posted:

You mean the yar killin' tar.

You are correct, and that was my bad.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

davidspackage posted:

After DS9 established that Cardassians flirt by acting irritated and yelling, it put that TNG scene where Jellico antagonizes them in the negotiations in a new light.

I imagine those three Cardassians coming out of the room, wide-eyed, sweating and breathing hard, and one of them turns to the others and says "what the gently caress was that"

Lmao fantastic

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

davidspackage posted:

lol wasnt' there an exchange between Riker and Troi after one of the sessions where Riker says "wow at least he knows what he's doing" and she says "no. he doesn't."

feel like this interpretation puts a new layer to her response there as well.

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

Lovin' every minute of it.
Haha I really wish this were canon. If the show was being made today they'd have no qualms about working that in. Was the Viper episode made before Chain of Command?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

lol wasnt' there an exchange between Riker and Troi after one of the sessions where Riker says "wow at least he knows what he's doing" and she says "no. he doesn't."

feel like this interpretation puts a new layer to her response there as well.

I think this is the first time in Internet posters made me literally laugh out loud in a while 🖖

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Lwaxana is seriously the best character and she's a treasure every time she's in an episode :allears: Watching the DS9 episode "Fascination" where Lwaxana projects her horniness for Odo onto everyone but Miles and Keiko, who she projects her annoyance and disgust onto because the O'Briens aren't allowed to be horny

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Going from hating every appearance of Lwaxana when I was a child, to appreciating her as an adult, was a sure a sign I had grown up than any I can think of.

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

Lovin' every minute of it.
And if you still hate Lwaxana you might want to take a good look at yourself (unless you're like 20something or younger).

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Imagine if she was a dude tho. Huge sex pest creep.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Chomp8645 posted:

Going from hating every appearance of Lwaxana when I was a child, to appreciating her as an adult, was a sure a sign I had grown up than any I can think of.

This is my read on Peggy Hill as well

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Erisian Automata posted:

Forrest Gump was a Pakled and he got laid.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Like once, and then the woman ran away despite him being a hundred millionaire cause it wasn't worth it

Kanine
Aug 5, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

i wont lie this is pretty great

Vanadium Dame
May 29, 2002

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

well um that is basically a true statement

let us focus on how the ferengi are are actually the most ethical empire. and how gul dukat was ethical. in he own way. sorry my SO just woke me up from a nap and I am grumpy

Vanadium Dame
May 29, 2002

Erisian Automata posted:

well um that is basically a true statement

let us focus on how the ferengi are are actually the most ethical empire. and how gul dukat was ethical. in he own way. sorry my SO just woke me up from a nap and I am grumpy

EDIT: thank you thread I've had to slightly raise my voice and shake my head at people IRL on this subject

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

shame on an IGA posted:

This is my read on Peggy Hill as well

I've gone from liking to disliking Peggy honestly

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

shovelbum posted:

Every story needs a good villain.

naem
May 29, 2011

Facebook Aunt posted:

Imagine if she was a dude tho. Huge sex pest creep.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

shovelbum posted:

She is a good character because she is a BAD person.

She is honestly a really lovely person. You don't want to relate, or emulate her, but you can like to DISlike her.

Edit: wait which thread is this

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
She's got big feet energy, and you have to respect it.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
The weirdest thing about Voyager is that humans are retconned as being the weird primitive monkey man inhabitants of post cataclysm Earth while the real earthlings are the voth with their giant transwarp ships and poo poo

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
The weirdest thing about Voyager is that there are people who legit liked it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Blistex posted:

The weirdest thing about Voyager is that there are people who legit liked it.

Yeah but the Producers and Garrett Wang don't count.