Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

A Moose posted:

I feel like not a lot of people notice that you can only use the mana from that land's ability to cast creatures.
i cant tell if you're being serious. what NON creature are you planning on casting? And how does this land interfere with your casting it given that it still taps for G?

No Wave fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Sep 17, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

A Moose posted:

I feel like not a lot of people notice that you can only use the mana from that land's ability to cast creatures.

I feel like you don't notice that everyone in the thread have finally found a piece of common ground and that it is how wrong you are.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

A Moose posted:

No, we understand that the ramp value is narrow and limited. People are okay with that because it's upside on a card that you can just casually drop into any deck with large creatures and a decent number of Forests.

For comparison, a Green land that entered the battlefield unconditionally tapped and had no upside would still be better than Temple of the False God, which comes in untapped and then stays that way until it's too late.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
who casts creatures in a green deck?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

A Moose posted:

and you seem to have failed to notice you can use the mana from the first ability to cast non-creatures

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Cards like ilharg are rotating yeah? I just thought about how funny it would be to trap it on the field with a pacifism. I guess they could cast a second one, but it seemed funny for a bit.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

ilharg is not rotating, because cards from what is basically ravnica block 3 are not rotating

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

ilmucche posted:

Cards like ilharg are rotating yeah? I just thought about how funny it would be to trap it on the field with a pacifism. I guess they could cast a second one, but it seemed funny for a bit.

Ilharg is not rotating.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

flatluigi posted:

who casts creatures in a green deck?

It's true, green is the color of eternal fog.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

A Moose posted:

That's all you're casting with it anyway so why the hell not get a +1 to them?

It has a regular rear end T:G anyway.

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!

Toshimo posted:

The gently caress is this poo poo?!?

I need you to go read these cards again and really consider what the hell you just said.

Sorry, Toshimo. The time has come for you to finally recognize that Temple of the False God is actually an amazing card, especially in Commander. It's actually good when lands can't be used before turn 5. I know it's hard to admit you were wrong, but it will only get harder as you continue putting it off.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Elyv posted:

ilharg is not rotating, because cards from what is basically ravnica block 3 are not rotating

Ah, thought it was an amonkhet card.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Goon project: creatureless monogreen deck.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

ilmucche posted:

amonkhet is already not in standard though

anyway

happy to see white with defensive bounce again, maybe red can get aggressive bounce again too

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

evilweasel posted:

This taps for mana before you can activate its ramp ability. In fact i'm not clear how in any respect it's worse than Temple of the False God except in some weird corner cases with tons of utility lands.

Temple is arguably better because non-green decks have access to it and generally are more thirsty for ramp effects.

Note that I am not making this argument.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

ilmucche posted:

It's basically the red god-eternal, which they couldn't actually have because Hazoret didn't die in Amonkhet

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Elyv posted:

[timg]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/562452010696310800/623626070985539605/sheperdoftheflock.png[/timg

Good, another card for my not all cards theme deck.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Two Shepherd’s of the Flock can theory block a creature forever and I love the idea of one perpetually looping the other back to the hand

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways
Why is that Shepherd stronger at attacking then a knight? It seems weird to call out that he doesn't have a sword but he can kill an elephant.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

neaden posted:

Why is that Shepherd stronger at attacking then a knight? It seems weird to call out that he doesn't have a sword but he can kill an elephant.

The Shepherd is swole

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land

uhhh

so about that whole "adventure payoffs are only gonna be good in limited" discussion from before

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Good, another card for my not all cards theme deck.

that's a pretty good deck

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Hellsau posted:

that's a pretty good deck

Not all that bad, at least.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

sit on my Facebook posted:

uhhh

so about that whole "adventure payoffs are only gonna be good in limited" discussion from before

Hmm, this is slow. I don't think my GB Adventure Knights is interested in this. I'll try it though, double downfall seems pretty strong.

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Tom Clancy is Dead posted:

Hmm, this is slow. I don't think my GB Adventure Knights is interested in this. I'll try it though, double downfall seems pretty strong.

Yeah it should coat 1/2 mana

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

first of all, mono-green ramp isn't a thing because all the payoffs from ramping are things like mass manipulation, hydroid krasis, electrodominance, explosion, all the finales, Chandra, Lilliana, Ugin,Nissa, and golos. They made a ramp card that is super bad at ramping. What non-krasis creatures are you ramping into with that? Its a forest you can't fetch.

A Moose fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Sep 17, 2019

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

A Moose posted:

first of all, mono-green ramp isn't a thing because all the payoffs from ramping are things like mass manipulation, hydroid krasis, electrodominance, explosion, all the finales, Chandra, Lilliana, Ugin,Nissa, and golos. They made a ramp card that is super bad at ramping. What non-krasis creatures are you ramping into with that? Its a forest you can't fetch.

the opportunity cost of playing it in your deck is extremely low if you have a bunch of forests so why not replace 1-2 forests with this

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

A Moose posted:

There is something about these new lands that make certain magic players completely broke brained.

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land

Tom Clancy is Dead posted:

Yeah it's probably not for every deck but imagine going turn two clover, turn three cast Seasonal Ritual adding GG, Heart's Desire creating two 1/1s, cast Lovestruck Beast. Seems pretty brutal. Or even just going turn three double rampant growth with Beanstalk Giant

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

sit on my Facebook posted:

Yeah it's probably not for every deck but imagine going turn two clover, turn three cast Seasonal Ritual adding GG, Heart's Desire creating two 1/1s, cast Lovestruck Beast. Seems pretty brutal. Or even just going turn three double rampant growth with Beanstalk Giant

there's also a 1/1 for G that draws you a card for every creature who has an adventure that you play, there's potentially enough powerful payoffs to try to build around in constructed

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Elyv posted:

there's also a 1/1 for G that draws you a card for every creature who has an adventure that you play, there's potentially enough powerful payoffs to try to build around in constructed

Edgewall Inkeeper, that's what my GB knights deck is built around. But I slanted pretty aggressive, with this it might be better to go with a slower grindier build.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Would a land called "woods" that tapped for G be better or worse than a forest?

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
If you -2 with Chandra, Acolyte of Flame and target an Instant/Sorcery Adventure with it, can you cast the creature side?

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Adventure cards are treated as creatures in most cases, so you couldn't target it.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

resistentialism posted:

Adventure cards are treated as creatures in most cases, so you couldn't target it.

"most cases" being everywhere other than the stack

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Arivia posted:

maybe stop polling middle schoolers on what's cool

How do you do fellow kids.

There is one person in my group that hates all split and transform cards and refuses to make decks with them.

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc

GoutPatrol posted:

How do you do fellow kids.

There is one person in my group that hates all split and transform cards and refuses to make decks with them.

Trans- and bi-phobia are common in the gamer community, I'm not surprised.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

A Moose posted:

Would a land called "woods" that tapped for G be better or worse than a forest?

Worse, doesn't allow your castle to come into play untapped.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Better because woods is a funnier word.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes