Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Mesadoram posted:

The ultimate correct answer:

That's upcoming for WoWP you loving heathen :v:

Realtalk (boring, I know) the only PremTonk left in this magical festeringfestival event is the Greydog, which I already own. So out of the M41D, LT-432 and Lansen C, which one of these things is not worth a wank? I'll get the other two vehicles using my Scrooge McDuck levels of gold (then get hilariously/embarrassingly pissed up on Saturday night and buy the third fucker anyway ultimately rendering this question pointless, but oh well).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sparq
Feb 10, 2014

If you're using an AC/20, you only need to hit the target once. If the target's still standing, you oughta be somewhere else anyway.
I'd leave the m41 out. You already have one, the LT is a beast and the lansen has a really strong gun on a fast platform, so it's fun.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

That's upcoming for WoWP you loving heathen :v:

Realtalk (boring, I know) the only PremTonk left in this magical festeringfestival event is the Greydog, which I already own. So out of the M41D, LT-432 and Lansen C, which one of these things is not worth a wank?

I do not own the Greydog nor the M41D. But I have nothing but praise for the LT-432 and the Lansen C but I lean a bit more on the LT due to the fact that its an extremely great Russian light tank with crews trained in it.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

M41D is a hell of a lot of fun if you like bulldogs. Accurate gun. Real fast reload. Standard rounds are APCR with good pen.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

I don't mind the Blackdog/Greydog but the standard M41 is giving me an aneurysm, although that is mostly down to being shoved into 4/5/6 (hurrah! they fixed gently caress-all!) matches on awful maps with (bull)dogshit terrain where I can't outspot Soviet Hovermeds or inflict damage on things without being snapshot punted into the loving exosphere by some 15cm gun.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
Another Radley-Walters's for my t-34-85m.

:qfg:

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
WZ-120-1-FT worth 7k gold?

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
Outdamaged everyone, even with T8s in the game. Ho ho ho ho ho.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Mesadoram posted:

I'd say so. Feels more like the natural progression from the Tier VII Chinese TD over the techtree equivalent for many reasons (it moves, for a start) and is stupidly bouncy. Mobile, punchy, and troll armour.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
This is by far my best Frontline performance. Ever.

I got seriously close to getting my first ever General in Frontlines. But I feel good about getting this close!

Oh yeah part of that amazing battle damage was finding this little sweet spot in the new map.

Use the snow to your advantage with heavy tanks like this and you too can farm damage for days defending this spot. For attackers. You have to flank the area but if you have LTs in the area you can see them coming from a mile away.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

I don't mind the Blackdog/Greydog but the standard M41 is giving me an aneurysm, although that is mostly down to being shoved into 4/5/6 (hurrah! they fixed gently caress-all!) matches on awful maps with (bull)dogshit terrain where I can't outspot Soviet Hovermeds or inflict damage on things without being snapshot punted into the loving exosphere by some 15cm gun.

Yeah, the german and the chinese bulldogs poo poo all over the tech tree one.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

Mesadoram posted:

Definitely, that thing is great

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004
Are there any good tricks to earning in Frontlines? Or just 'do damage'?

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Earning what?

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

Max out engineering and either cap or decap, seems to be the fastest way of increasing rank.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

Damage is pointless* in frontlines, you want to get to general to get the most benefit. Do that by decapping or capping, anything else is kind of redundant.

*damage isn't exactly pointless, however if you sit back and farm you will be lucky to get to Major on most games, usually Captain at best. You wont get very much exp from it and as you get 60k bonus every time you level up, chasing those general ranks is the best way to earn.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
Ugh. You guys still playing Frontlines?

I can only tolerate this game in 10 minute bites and then I go kicking and ranting around my house for half an hour. Then I come back and play another match.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

moolchaba posted:

I can only tolerate this game in 10 minute bites and then I go kicking and ranting around my house for half an hour. Then I come back and play another match.
:same:

Unless I'm drunk.

Whoever designs these maps to have redline bushes around every loving edge should be fired. Fired into the loving Sun.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

moolchaba posted:

I honestly only platoon with goons. I might play solo from time to time but it is incredibly rare. I have a very low chance at doing well with my team not having my back the majority of the time. My pubbie whispers only are heard on Discord sadly.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Frontlines is rad, but the idiots were out last night. I only made General once and got Lieutenant 3 times after getting it maybe twice in the previous 7 months.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
Oh yeah the idiots were indeed out last night. But for us we had some chuckling moments abusing the map as I kinda posted a bit ago. If you are defending and you have excellent gun depression and view range you will absolutely command the battle.

EdEddnEddy
Apr 5, 2012

Yea Frontlines really isn't stressful as it all doesn't matter. I do like the new winter map though as there are a bunch of places to go, hide, snipe, brawl, whatever you want.

Normal games are a bit better today. The weekend was downright terrible though.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
That winter FL map is pretty cool, it makes good use of terrain. Certainly wouldn't want to play any Russian tanks without gun depression on it tough.

Dammit_Carl!
Mar 5, 2013
LT-432s are the bane of my existence in Frontline! drat them!

(I want one so bad now)

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

So the Badger is now on track in NA through the end of the month. I have the Tortoise unlocked but was waiting for this before I bought it. I have enough free xp to get all the way to the Badger, but I only have one decent Brit TD crew. That gives me three choices:

a) stick with the Tortoise and don't bother getting the Badger;
b) go all the way to the Badger and don't play the Tortoise; or
c) get both and try to hobble together a second crew for one of the two tanks.

My initial thought is to do c. If I do that, which of the Tortoise or Badger should I stick the good (4 skill) crew in?

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

moolchaba posted:

Same here but the kicking and ranting has been happening for uhhh three years

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

The Tort is probably better than the badger most of the time.

HESH Slinging badger can be funny I guess.

I am only 17 ranks away from having the American T9 special tank, might actually have my E5 crew get some play time again.

BadLlama fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Sep 18, 2019

Uppa
Nov 23, 2002

I’m recently back into the game and enjoying TDs more than anything else. If you were going to grind to a T10 TD, which would it be? The end result should be worth it, but ideally not having a lot of stinkers on the way there would also be nice.

2Jets
Apr 25, 2010

You're gonna get no tip
Go for the Obj 268v4. Everything in that line from tier 4 up are really good.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

2Jets posted:

Go for the Obj 268v4. Everything in that line from tier 4 up are really good.

This if you're going assault TDs. The mid tiers are fairly flexible between bush wanking and mild brawling.

If you want the romulan cloaking device redline experience go Swedes. Keep in mind the low tiers can be a little rough and managing the siege mode can take practice. Bonus the tier 8 and up will poo poo out TD campaign missions.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

lol Offspring is on

EdEddnEddy
Apr 5, 2012

So is there any news of how or if you can get the AE Phase 1 or the EMIL 1951 after the Frontline Season ends? There is no chance I can grind that hard before the year ends and it kinda sucks as I could have easily gotten it if I had known and gotten back into tanks in Jan vs what, July?

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

EdEddnEddy posted:

So is there any news of how or if you can get the AE Phase 1 or the EMIL 1951 after the Frontline Season ends? There is no chance I can grind that hard before the year ends and it kinda sucks as I could have easily gotten it if I had known and gotten back into tanks in Jan vs what, July?

Sorry for you're loss.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

EdEddnEddy posted:

At some point, $$$.

I wanted to grind out FL for both but the thought of playing this game for more than an hour each day makes my head hurt, and the few FL battles I did bother with were the worst sort of objective-rushing horseshit where nobody even reached Major, never mind General.

gently caress that.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

McGavin posted:

lol Offspring is on

All I Want? They actually did take inspiration from Crazy Taxi!

Also that's not the worst selection of Offspring songs, good work Wargaming, at least you didn't screw up this incredibly bizarre decision.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
Leaks say wargaming also as crew photos and voice recordings of them as well. So they'll probably be up for sale to drive a tank at some point ala sabaton.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

Hellsau posted:

All I Want? They actually did take inspiration from Crazy Taxi!

Also that's not the worst selection of Offspring songs, good work Wargaming, at least you didn't screw up this incredibly bizarre decision.

The songs in the garage are not the full version. So there is that.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
The best part is that no one can run videos to show off this garage feature because the music will get it dmca-ed.

Edit: So as not to double post, a reminder to people that if you plan to do the minigames, focus your efforts on the quartermaster one. The shooting one sucks all kinds of major rear end. The quartermaster is hilariously easy and lets you farm up the tickets quickly. For today, I played 3 games and ran out of available tickets so I'm locked out of playing the minigames until tomorrow just to give you an idea. Yes, I earned 4 tickets on each play run. Not sure how far away I was from 7 tickets though, but still pushing for it.

JuffoWup fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Sep 19, 2019

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

JuffoWup posted:

The best part is that no one can run videos to show off this garage feature because the music will get it dmca-ed.

So thats why this video is unlisted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTDYxwinFvI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

At some point, $$$.

I wanted to grind out FL for both but the thought of playing this game for more than an hour each day makes my head hurt, and the few FL battles I did bother with were the worst sort of objective-rushing horseshit where nobody even reached Major, never mind General.

gently caress that.

The EMIL 1951 *might* eventually go up for sale (on a Black Market-style event) because it's T8, but they've never, ever sold a T9 premium, and with that permanent 15% perk-premium large repair kit, if they did, it'd be the most expensive premium they'd ever sell.