Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

Stenhouse? Nah. It's Ricky Roundhouse now.

Disgruntled Bovine posted:

Yeah sorry but just because there are a lot of bad drivers out there doesn't make it any better that you're one of them.

The reasoning for moving the rock was ridiculous. We all come here multiple times a month and we are all very, very aware of this rock that is apparently very easy to hit so obviously the solution is to move the rock instead of consciously not drive directly into a loving rock that we all know is there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Good design says "If people keep running onto the curb, you need to redesign your goddamn parking lot instead of putting a fuckoff rock where people keep hitting."

Vanagoon
Jan 20, 2008

Best Dead Gay Forums
on the whole Internet!
This is worth it for the commentary alone. Definitely unmute.

https://i.imgur.com/7uXcwbN.mp4

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Vanagoon posted:

This is worth it for the commentary alone. Definitely unmute.

https://i.imgur.com/7uXcwbN.mp4

Judging by where the driver is sitting I take it this is a pick-up body mounted backward upon a frame, and it is hilarious.

Can confirm the commentary is also A+.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

I looked it up and only 5 states have any restrictions on age to be a motorcycle passenger - Washington, Hawaii, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas.

The age limits range from 5-8 years old.

That kid is legal anywhere else.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

KillHour posted:

I looked it up and only 5 states have any restrictions on age to be a motorcycle passenger - Washington, Hawaii, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas.

The correct term is ebocycalist

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

Of course it's a Hayabusa, tho I am surprised it doesn't have a stretched and chromed rear swingarm.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Soooo...helmet fitting/specifications must be fun at that age.

Yesterday got stuck behind some old guy at the gas station that apparently never used a credit card reader before. After a back and forth for about 5 minutes on how much money/gas to put in his vehicle (he decided on $20, after the clerk said 'look if you do $60 it will refund the difference) and 5 tries it went through. He walked off and the guy behind the counter spotted he left his card in the reader and chased him down.

So that was a just a prelude. As I drove out of the gas station I came up on a vehicle stopped at a stop sign 200 feet away with handicap plates. Didn't move at all. Decided to drive around. She was older than dirt and talking on a cell phone without a care in the world.

Christ.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Driving back from the mountains today, I repeatedly passed (cruise control FTW) a Jag in which every single occupant had at least one leg off the floor waiting to be violently dislocated.

Driver had her left foot on the dash, passenger both feet, and rear passenger had a foot on the b pillar.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

KillHour posted:

When I was a kid, my uncle had a 3 wheeled Cushman delivery vehicle*, rear engine single wheel chain drive, two front steering wheels, and a 4 x4 foot plywood cargo box. My uncle was maybe 15 or 16. One time he had 9 year old me and three other little kids in the box and was spinning donuts in a gravel parking lot. It was a blast until the right front came off and the axle dug in hard. Then it became absolutely hilarious.

*loose definition of vehicle

Flint Ironstag
Apr 2, 2004

Bob Johnson...oh, wait

slurry_curry posted:

Of course it's a Hayabusa, tho I am surprised it doesn't have a stretched and chromed rear swingarm.

Yeah.

A Hayabusa is a good bike, ruined by those who buy them.

When I decided my VFR was too boring, yet missing the power of the supersports I had spend my life on, I never even considered a Hayabusa. Thanks to the clientele of that bike.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Flint Ironstag posted:

Yeah.

A Hayabusa is a good bike, ruined by those who buy them.

When I decided my VFR was too boring, yet missing the power of the supersports I had spend my life on, I never even considered a Hayabusa. Thanks to the clientele of that bike.

plus, they're really loving ugly

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

Stenhouse? Nah. It's Ricky Roundhouse now.

toplitzin posted:

Driving back from the mountains today, I repeatedly passed (cruise control FTW) a Jag in which every single occupant had at least one leg off the floor waiting to be violently dislocated.

Driver had her left foot on the dash, passenger both feet, and rear passenger had a foot on the b pillar.

That reminds me of a thought that I had this summer. If you own a Jeep, and take the doors off, will anybody notice the doors are off if you are not driving with your foot sticking out of the Jeep and resting on the running boards?

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Triangle tits and an annoying sex voice?

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!
Road testing:

https://imgur.com/B6QB1vO

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

:stare:

sleepy.eyes
Sep 14, 2007

Like a pig in a chute.
HOA got mad enough about people breaking the stupidly low speed limit of my neighborhood that they wasted money on a couple of those speed measuring signs. Everyone just ignored them and did 25-35 as usual (the limit is 20, lol).

It's a private road, not sure what they expect to accomplish.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

:stonklol:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Deploying straight to production

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Deploying straight to production

Agile mechanics.

Solar Coaster
Sep 2, 2009

I want to see this do a 0 - 60 - 0 test.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

0-60 is heavily dependent on the grade of road it's on.
60-0 is heavily dependent on what it hits.

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

Aww, it wants to be a Super B when it grows up. :3:

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Powershift posted:

0-60 is heavily dependent on the grade of road it's on.
60-0 is heavily dependent on what it hits.

Also depends heavily on whether you're measuring the truck or the trailer.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:

sleepy.eyes posted:

HOA got mad enough about people breaking the stupidly low speed limit of my neighborhood that they wasted money on a couple of those speed measuring signs. Everyone just ignored them and did 25-35 as usual (the limit is 20, lol).

I love making those things flash angrily at me while on a bike

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug

School me, apart from the complete lack of air brakes and the two articulation points, would a setup like that actually fly, given the trailer was empty?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

bolind posted:

School me, apart from the complete lack of air brakes and the two articulation points, would a setup like that actually fly, given the trailer was empty?

I mean, assuming you could get enough speed and had the properly shaped ramp.

In terms of legality, no, not ever, no.

Even places that allow 3 vehicle combinations, the front trailer has to be longer, heavier, and a fifth wheel. Max towing of the E350s was around 8000lbs and that rear trailer alone is probably around 12k.

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

Powershift posted:

Even places that allow 3 vehicle combinations, the front trailer has to be longer, heavier, and a fifth wheel.

Are you not allowed Super Bs throughout all Canada? I see that they're about in British Columbia and Alberta, but i don't recall seeing any when i was in Quebec or Ontario.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

They are awaited. They will ride eternal, shiny and chrome.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Mooseykins posted:

Are you not allowed Super Bs throughout all Canada? I see that they're about in British Columbia and Alberta, but i don't recall seeing any when i was in Quebec or Ontario.

Heavy trucks are completely different.

They allow triples on some highways here which is technically 6 vehicles. A truck, 3 trailers and 2 dollies.

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

sleepy.eyes posted:

what they really should do is set up a tripwire that actuates a small catapult or air cannon that flings a realistic child doll into the road in front of the speedster's car. when they freak out and go to check on it, the child's shirt should say SLOW DOWN

PremiumSupport
Aug 17, 2015
That would just get the HOA sued for emotional distress and possible damage to the car.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

PremiumSupport posted:

That would just get the HOA sued for emotional distress and possible damage to the car.

So it's exactly the thing an HOA would do, then.

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

gently caress yeah

Post this to GBS-OSHA if you havent yet

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

KillHour posted:

So it's exactly the thing an HOA would do, then.

Heh. I serve on the board of our HOA. We are not the "Man plants flag pole, HOA demands removal" type stuff but the crazy rear end poo poo that flies by boggles my mind. As in, wouldn't have any idea if I weren't on the board. Everyone else is clueless.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Colostomy Bag posted:

Heh. I serve on the board of our HOA. We are not the "Man plants flag pole, HOA demands removal" type stuff but the crazy rear end poo poo that flies by boggles my mind. As in, wouldn't have any idea if I weren't on the board. Everyone else is clueless.

And you're not sharing examples... why?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

KillHour posted:

And you're not sharing examples... why?

I could probably start a thread on this. And this technically is outside of AI. So don't want to pollute the thread.

I can post poo poo here or point me to an appropriate venue.

xergm
Sep 8, 2009

The Moon is for Sissies!

sleepy.eyes posted:

Seems like this will accomplish just the opposite from people wanting to set a high score on the new sign.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

xergm posted:

Seems like this will accomplish just the opposite from people wanting to set a high score on the new sign.

This is exactly what happened when some were put up at the entrances to my neighborhood a month or two ago. They were gone within two weeks.

I was actually coming home with posterboard I had bought for making a "High Score" board to attach to one of the signs when I saw it wasn't there anymore. One of them was idiotically placed about 50 feet past a stop sign, so it'd fire up and read somewhere between 8 and 14 MPH as it picked you up just before the stop, then unless you were doing a drag launch in a fast car you'd never get it to read more than 20 MPH pulling away.

The ones that went up on a nearby 2/1/2 state route got set to cap at 79 MPH and just blank above that.