Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
It also sells a buttload of figures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
Just saw the movie, and I thought it was pretty great! The theater was absolutely packed. JC Staff managed to step up the production during the big moments and maintained the charm of Deen's deliberately wonky and off model animation. I laughed at the character design pretty much every time a new Crimson Demon was introduced, so whoever who was responsible for that nailed it.

Edit: the EXPLOSION sound was ear shattering loud

Homura and Sickle fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Aug 31, 2019

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Homura and Sickle posted:

Edit: the EXPLOSION sound was ear shattering loud

I'll assume you meant this as a positive.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

ViggyNash posted:

I'll assume you meant this as a positive.

Absolutely

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

Do they usually do blu rays at some point for stuff that's on crunchyroll?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
In the past and up until last year, if it was a series that Crunchy got, usually Funimation would handle the dubs and DVD/BD releases.

I don't think KonoSuba has any Subbed/Dubbed Blu-Ray release on the west right now.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
They are still releasing light novel volumes regularly, though. Officially volume 9 came out just a few weeks ago via Yen Press and the Megumin "Explosions" spin-off novels will start coming out in November. The "Sequel Explosions" fan translation finished volume 2 last July. Volume 16 has dropped and they have started work on it. Expect to see a chapter a week now until it is finished. The color pages were translated and released this week as well as the table of contents. Due to the way volume 15 ended, things look very precarious for Kazuma going forward. We actually might be accelerating towards the end-game of the series at this point.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I picked up volume 9 just a few days ago, myself. I enjoy the continuing adventures of these idiots.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Crunchyroll adding the Tanya movie has made me much more hopeful that they'll eventually add the Konosuba movie.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
Same. The Konosuba movie is literally the first half of a theoretical season 3 (book 5), so I really hope to see it someday.

I also hope for an actual season 3. I had originally thought a season 3 ending on book 6 would be great, but book 7 would be a good ending too, especially as it involves a long-standing villain character that has ties back into all the previous books.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Mmmm is book 7 wolbach? I can't remember

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Oh, side note
https://cgtranslations.me/2019/09/14/konosuba-volume-16-splash-pages/#more-4587
Volume 16 translation starts next Saturday

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Rody One Half posted:

Mmmm is book 7 wolbach? I can't remember

Book 7 is Darkness' wedding.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Ooooh RIGHT.

Yeah that thread gets tied RIGHT up.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
The cast of this show are morons and I like watching them gently caress things up.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Aqua and Kazuma's tea party is one of the funniest scenes I've seen in any cartoon ever, anime or not. You could drop it straight into a Chuck Jones/Michael Maltese cartoon and it would fit right in.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Aqua and Kazuma's tea party is one of the funniest scenes I've seen in any cartoon ever, anime or not. You could drop it straight into a Chuck Jones/Michael Maltese cartoon and it would fit right in.

Is this something new from the movie, or just the golden series gag of Aqua repeatedly serving hot water to Kazuma because she 'cleansed' it?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Sephyr posted:

Is this something new from the movie, or just the golden series gag of Aqua repeatedly serving hot water to Kazuma because she 'cleansed' it?

It's the latter. I don't know why it cracked me up so much, but it did.

Hell, is the movie even available outside Japan yet?

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Sep 18, 2019

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

it was apparently screened in australia going by the existence of reviews from there stating they watched it subtitled but otherwise no. it'll probably get a very limited theatrical run in the US and possibly other countries in a couple months and then be widely available in spring 2020. i was lucky enough to be in japan the weekend it opened and man it was worth it

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

It is a great one, especially how creepily -nice- those two jerks are being about it.

I'm partial to Aqua's unreasoning, radioactive hatred of Wiz, the nicest person in the setting, though.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Most of my favorite moments aren't animated :negative:

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

One of the most important character isn't even introduced until like volume 9!

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Rody One Half posted:

One of the most important character isn't even introduced until like volume 9!

I don't think any new major or minor ongoing side characters was released in volume 9.

Volume 6: Iris, Claire, and Rain.
Volume 8: Cecily. Sacred Armor Aigis maybe?

Everybody else has been villains or characters involved in the story of the book. It pretty much stays the original 4, swapping in Yunyun, Wiz, Iris, or Cecily, depending on how the author decides to torture Kazuma that day.

Nalin fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Sep 18, 2019

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I was thinking of Iris, I just couldn't remember when she shows up correctly.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Rody One Half posted:

I was thinking of Iris, I just couldn't remember when she shows up correctly.

She's probably one of my favorite characters in the series. I really hope we get an anime season 3 with her.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Her volume was so, so good.

Daedalus1134
Sep 14, 2005

They see me rollin'

Made this as kind of a refresher project to help relearn some editing stuff.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8MaOXfKbcU

Based off the opening to Preacher.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zBILhAPFFA

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
I appreciated Yunyun getting ignored. Very true to her character.

Daedalus1134
Sep 14, 2005

They see me rollin'

Tickets for the Konosuba movie are now available in the US

Fathom event, Nov 12 only.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Ironically, I'm going to be in Japan that week. And I don't think it is in Japanese theaters anymore. >_>

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

That is soon.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I'll be in China by then alas

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

A Tuesday? What kind of hosed up scheduling is that

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

Oh neat there's several near me

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
Huh, might actually go out for this. Will probably have to go alone, but I'm too old to care about that anymore.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
does anyone know if this is subs or the dub?

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
I want to watch this but have no interests in watching anime in a movie theater so I hope it gets released on the crunchyroll site, thank you for reading.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

does anyone know if this is subs or the dub?

It's sub only according to the ticket site.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Mokinokaro posted:

It's sub only according to the ticket site.

thanks, my eyes kept skipping over that tab for some reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

El Burbo posted:

A Tuesday? What kind of hosed up scheduling is that

The only Promare screening even relatively near me was on a Thursday evening when someone else had dibs on the house vehicle...