Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

I keep wanting to build Equinox but they have like four builds and I can't decide on one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?

StashAugustine posted:

I keep wanting to build Equinox but they have like four builds and I can't decide on one

Sounds like you need four equinoxes.

ssmagus
Apr 2, 2010
Assmagus, LPer ass-traordinaire
I wish I had a quick way to link my equinox effort post again

ssmagus posted:

Click up there for builds

ssmagus fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Sep 17, 2019

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

New Wave Jose posted:

So should I just activate it before an encounter or try to use it all the time in small burst?

Basically, yes. Once you have enough charge to murder the map (this depends on the content) and there's enough mobs around to matter (this *really* depends on the content) then you cash in and start building again.

Equinox and Saryn both have the caveat that being good at murdering an entire map requires a map to murder. NSO/ESO are where they excel as it's small, has a steady influx of dudes, and you're affecting everything all the time. Equinox can be good in areas where Saryn can't and Saryn can solo in a way that Equinox can't, but in the end they're both bad for most modes where you're constantly pressing forward against tiny teams of enemies.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

What's the best Shawzin?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Pipski posted:

What's the best Shawzin?

The one you play with your Wukong clone

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
https://www.warframe.com/news/wukong-prime-access-ends-october-1
Wukong Prime Access ending October 1st
Mirage P, Kogake P, Akbolto P vaulted same date.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

Mr. Met posted:

I just tried out the Helios Prime Gladiator mod thing for fun, and the AOE from low level Nightwave invaders downed my sentinel, making me lose Animal Instinct and Vacuum for the rest of the level. I forgot this why I permanently switched to Smeeta - wish there was a way to make the robots more durable. I’m not sure that loss of utility is worth the extra crit.

You don't have to equip the attack precept on helios to get the bonus of the deconstructor....

Edit: Oh, it's AOE. Well still, though Primed Regen is decent and offers 3 revives instead of just one, for the low low prices of 40k endo.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
The set bonus also stays after the sentinel dies if I remember right.

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy
So, like you guys told me, Amalgam Daikyu Target Acquired's lifesteal DOES apply to zaw nikanas!

My Excal umbra is now a literally unkillable god of death as long as I can get into melee range, and you know what the hosed up thing is? There's still better frames than him out there. God, I love this stupid, insane game where my immortal godkiller is mid-tier.

I love using him for arbitrations- The slow, short range standard melee strikes combined with the ultra high damage output requires a more active and careful playstyle where positioning and closing the gap to the next enemy is actually critical, and 'sploding arby drones with midair slashes is tricky but super satisfying.

I spent a pile of plat on a decent Nikana Riven, to try to replicate my zaw, but the disposition is still sooooo bad. It's +crit damage, +dmg, +status chance, which is a fantastic roll, but it's not quite pulling the double duty it needs to to make the setup truly effective. Ideally, it would be +dmg +elemental. Will have to spend some time in the Kuva mines.

But at least I have a solid Nikana that I can apply skins to! I'll be ready when Excal deluxe finally comes out.

McKilligan fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Sep 18, 2019

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
It's Gauss release day on PS4! I've already managed to TK one with an Atlas one shot punch whilst irradiated by an Orokin laser! WHAT A GLORIOUS DAY

edit: good lord infested disruption has to be a Godsend for noobies farming juggernauts

hazardousmouse fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Sep 18, 2019

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

McKilligan posted:

So, like you guys told me, Amalgam Daikyu Target Acquired's lifesteal DOES apply to zaw nikanas!

My Excal umbra is now a literally unkillable god of death as long as I can get into melee range, and you know what the hosed up thing is? There's still better frames than him out there. God, I love this stupid, insane game where my immortal godkiller is mid-tier.

I love using him for arbitrations- The slow, short range standard melee strikes combined with the ultra high damage output requires a more active and careful playstyle where positioning and closing the gap to the next enemy is actually critical, and 'sploding arby drones with midair slashes is tricky but super satisfying.

I spent a pile of plat on a decent Nikana Riven, to try to replicate my zaw, but the disposition is still sooooo bad. It's +crit damage, +dmg, +status chance, which is a fantastic roll, but it's not quite pulling the double duty it needs to to make the setup truly effective. Ideally, it would be +dmg +elemental. Will have to spend some time in the Kuva mines.

But at least I have a solid Nikana that I can apply skins to! I'll be ready when Excal deluxe finally comes out.

I've out damaged nearly everybody with this, trick is Surging Dash to bootstrap your combo multiplier into like 3x very fast.

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy

Tulip posted:

I've out damaged nearly everybody with this, trick is Surging Dash to bootstrap your combo multiplier into like 3x very fast.

Hmm...I wonder if I can fit that AND Furious Javelin into the same build - I love wading into a pack of enemies to get a ~180% melee damage buff on demand.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

McKilligan posted:

Hmm...I wonder if I can fit that AND Furious Javelin into the same build - I love wading into a pack of enemies to get a ~180% melee damage buff on demand.

That's my build. It does not have a lot of defenses.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
What are people's thoughts on the Akarius? I just pulled mine out of the foundry and it seems really weird, but could have potential.

Also I was singing 'it was the dawning of the age of Akarius' to myself the entire time I was using it, so it might be worth it just for the amusement factor.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

I've got an Amalgam Daikyu / Nikana Zaw build for my Inaros, as though he needed more forms of health regeneration. If you didn't know, damage from your zaw's arcane attack also triggers health regeneration - Exodia Contagion basically becomes a rocket launcher that heals you :D

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Echophonic posted:

What are people's thoughts on the Akarius? I just pulled mine out of the foundry and it seems really weird, but could have potential.

Also I was singing 'it was the dawning of the age of Akarius' to myself the entire time I was using it, so it might be worth it just for the amusement factor.

Gausses secondaries?

They are really good but in limited situations. The missiles take a bit to prime and the homing isn't super great.
Go for multishot and just carpet bomb people.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

They're worse Acceltras.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Even with Quickdraw and Stunning Speed I find the reloads painful unto death, but they're pretty funny.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Echophonic posted:

They're pretty solid if you can work within their limitations. Going for big gas procs has worked well for me. Ammo can be a concern, and the reload speed is rear end, but those can be mitigated.

I'll second the carpetbombing suggestion.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Thirded.

I've never really minded longer reloads though. Either way focusing on a ton of gas damage will wipe out whole crowds and it feels good to use.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Funniest thing about them is their reloads are entirely dependent on your moving speed. If you're downed, you'll never reload. :v:

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

even in death, I Sprint

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Berke Negri posted:

always after even in death, I Sprint

Some deep cover thread operative employed at DE really needs to slip a note to Steve that if they finally remove sprinting he can somehow get a new shader out of the deal.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Synthbuttrange posted:

Funniest thing about them is their reloads are entirely dependent on your moving speed. If you're downed, you'll never reload. :v:

Volt's 2 synergizes nicely with it and I didn't find myself overrunning my rockets, and anyway who cares, Capacitance.

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

I like the Akarius, at least for the novelty of being the first innately homing weapon in the game. Incidentally, I discovered that if an enemy dodges somehow, they will automatically find a new target. I had a moa superjump over some in orb vallis just before impact. They started to curve up but saw some corpus dude and targeted him instead.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Rorac posted:

I like the Akarius, at least for the novelty of being the first innately homing weapon in the game.

The Cyanex would like to have a word with you.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Synthbuttrange posted:

But you can move while downed...

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Nalesh posted:

The Cyanex would like to have a word with you.

The Cyanex is also way better than the Akarius in every way

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Synthbuttrange posted:

The Cyanex is also way better than the Akarius in every way

Nobody has a song titled "Age of Cyanex".

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

prefect posted:

Nobody has a song titled "Age of Cyanex".

cya nex year

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009
I just started playing this a few weeks ago and I'm completely hooked. I'm not sure how often OP updates the first post, but I recently linked my Twitch Prime account and was pleasantly surprised to see that I got ALL of the previous Twitch loot (as far as I can tell). Trinity Prime, Vectis Prime, 14 days of affinity/resource boosters, 100 plat, and some other stuff. Definitely should be encouraged in the OP.

EDIT: I've had a Warframe account for 6 years but never played it until recently, so maybe that's why I got all the Prime stuff, but worth a shot anyways.

Jerry Seinfeld fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Sep 18, 2019

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Helter Skelter posted:

They're pretty solid if you can work within their limitations. Going for big gas procs has worked well for me. Ammo can be a concern, and the reload speed is rear end, but those can be mitigated.

I'll second the carpetbombing suggestion.

I'm very annoyed that even with 4x60 and stunning speed, you only get 98% status.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Do they work on shotgun rules? Or are you just being a number dork?

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

What is a good harrow build for eidolon hunting?

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Aim for about 100% duration, more is actually bad. Efficiency is good because thurible triggers on kill and you're not going to get many. The range for covenant is based on affinity range, so all that matters is the Vazarin thing and flares.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Tulip posted:

Aim for about 100% duration, more is actually bad.
I've heard this (I think the number is actually 90% duration?) but nobody's ever explained why. What's the deal?

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Zereth posted:

I've heard this (I think the number is actually 90% duration?) but nobody's ever explained why. What's the deal?

Covenant makes the team invulnerable for x seconds and then get bonus crit for mx seconds. You can't use the invulnerable party until the crit ends, so if it's longer, the chance you'll not be able to use the invulnerable when you want gets much higher.

90-100 duration means that the invulnerable party lasts about as long as the Eidolon's temper tantrum, so you don't want much shorter either.

Super Foul Egg
Oct 5, 2005
Don't take me for an ordinary man

Zereth posted:

It's a little bit minmaxier than people are making out.

Covenant's post-invincibility buff stops you from casting it again, so if you're doloning with people who can two shot the shields and joint in an instant you won't be ready to recast before the next shout rolls around.

In reality if you're with people like that and not running a meticulously planned four person run they'll have accommodated for the shout themselves and won't need you anyway. I think you used to also be able to cancel out of the cooldown with archwing but I've no idea if that's still a thing??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Tulip posted:

Covenant makes the team invulnerable for x seconds and then get bonus crit for mx seconds. You can't use the invulnerable party until the crit ends,
Ah! I didn't know that! Thanks.