Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
holding my breath for the no mans sky level transformation that is definitely going to happen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Kaysette posted:

holding my breath for the no mans sky level transformation that is definitely going to happen

Dibs on your stuff when you asphyxiate.

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

Bioware beating my expectations by pretending they can salvage this hot mess.

I just had all you can eat Asian food for lunch and it was delicious. Money well spent.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

https://www.ea.com/games/mass-effect/mass-effect-andromeda/news/mass-effect-andromeda-update-from-the-studio posted:

Since the release of Mass Effect™: Andromeda, we’ve worked hard to address feedback from our community. From improving animations to expanding customization options, we looked to respond to your concerns, and build on what you loved.

With each patch, you let us know we were heading in the right direction, and we're grateful to everyone who joined us on this journey. We're proud of what we created, and we hope you enjoyed it as well.

http://blog.bioware.com/2019/09/17/what-is-next-for-anthem/ posted:

First, I’m proud of our team for creating a fun new experience for our players. It represents the largest post-launch update that we’ve delivered so far. We were humbly excited by the increase in player engagement we’ve seen with the Cataclysm. The team and I appreciate the response and support — it is what keeps us motivated to continue to improve Anthem.

We hear your concerns on core issues in Anthem and are acting on it. Those systems require a more thorough review and re-working versus quick fixes. We’ve got a team working on that now, and early results are promising.

https://www.ea.com/games/mass-effect/mass-effect-andromeda/news/mass-effect-andromeda-update-from-the-studio posted:

Our last update, 1.10, was the final update for Mass Effect: Andromeda. There are no planned future patches for single-player or in-game story content.

In the coming weeks, our multiplayer team will provide details of their ongoing support and upcoming content, including new multiplayer missions, character kits, and what’s in store for N7 Day.

http://blog.bioware.com/2019/09/17/what-is-next-for-anthem/ posted:

In order to address these long-range plans, we are moving away from the Acts structure for updates. Instead, we have additional seasonal updates planned for this year that we think players will enjoy. These events will deliver challenges and chases similar to what you’ve seen, and are built around some fun themes we’re bringing to the game.

:allears:

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

i had korean fried chicken for lunch (cheat day :whatup:) and it was pretty good but took forever

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I ate fresh.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Sleeveless in Cataclysm:

We met over the tyrant mine. You were a ranger, I was the chunk thing meme whatever. I noticed you looking at me longingly, as if I was content you wished to experience. You seemed so sad so I asked why. You answered "because the Bahamas, 9/11, endless war, children starving..."

I didn't understand so I just logged out. I miss you though. Please come home. We have such cold arms and we need sleeves. We have no updates, though.

Tetrabor
Oct 14, 2018

Eight points of contact at all times!
I'll laugh if they literally do 'seasonal' updates in the sense that there's random pumpkins in October and Christmas trees in December.

I get the feeling Anthem is where they put new Frostbite coders until they understand the engine, and then move them to the FIFA team along with the rest of Bioware's programmers.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
My tomatoes are doing phenomenally and I got some stupid thick cut bacon and fresh mozzarella from my co-op so I had an awesome sandwich made of those things for lunch, it owned

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
This pic is from an earlier harvest before the habaneros really started producing

jetsetter, roma, and grape tomatoes

I feel like this will be another year where I'll still be picking tomatoes in late october

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

Oh boy those chili’s look like they’re delicious. Make some peri-peri out of it!

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
Some fungus got my peppers but not my tomatoes last year, so I didn't plant any peppers this year. Hopefully the spores are dead next spring, two Iowa freezes kills pretty much everything.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I've already got a ton of dried peppers so I've started turning them into frozen pepper cubes to use in chili or crock pot things in the winter

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah
Chad
Head of Live Service

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

queef anxiety posted:

Chad
Head of Live Service

/
""

ashpanash fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Sep 18, 2019

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

I wanna grow some shishito peppers, those things are delicious.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
My favorite ramen place does these insanely tasty roast shishito peppers. To die for.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Shishito peppers kick rear end

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Turtleneck what’s your favorite chili recipe.

This is now a cooking thread

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Bookmarking this thread again to add to my chili recipe collection

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
The Bioware blog post said "seasonal updates planned for this year," so does that mean a Fall update, a Winter update, and then it's dropped altogether?

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I love how the blog is titled "What is next for Anthem" and the penultimate sentence is "So I don’t have any news today to share about the long-term changes we are bringing to Anthem."

:bioware:

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Tetrabor posted:

I'll laugh if they literally do 'seasonal' updates in the sense that there's random pumpkins in October and Christmas trees in December.

I get the feeling Anthem is where they put new Frostbite coders until they understand the engine, and then move them to the FIFA team along with the rest of Bioware's programmers.

Fort Tarsis will have a few extra christmas holiday lights that tanks fps into the single digits.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Nuts and Gum posted:

Fort Tarsis will have a few extra christmas holiday lights that tanks fps into the single digits.

Oh so it's going to improve the framerate

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007
The Christmas lights will follow their previously demonstrated lack of being able to stick to a timetable, and be delayed until the end of March.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

So what's the actual current state of content in the game? How many dungeons as such are there to crawl through and shoot thing in?

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

Olympic Mathlete posted:

So what's the actual current state of content in the game? How many dungeons as such are there to crawl through and shoot thing in?

I discovered that I could have a burg with a bun if I'm strict with my carbs since I'm doing keto. A potato roll bun is like 15 grams of carbs and I'm aiming for below 21 a day ---- this is doable on the weekend when I'm home.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

Glenn Quebec posted:

I discovered that I could have a burg with a bun if I'm strict with my carbs since I'm doing keto. A potato roll bun is like 15 grams of carbs and I'm aiming for below 21 a day ---- this is doable on the weekend when I'm home.

Nice. I’ve done the burg on lettuce thing before and it just isn’t as satisfying. Good call on potato roll as well.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Olympic Mathlete posted:

There’s I think... 4 dungeons? And Cataclysm but that’s going away?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I'll take a potato bun over a regular bun every time

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Where’s the chili recipe

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

Kaysette posted:

Nice. I’ve done the burg on lettuce thing before and it just isn’t as satisfying. Good call on potato roll as well.

I haven't been above 21 grams in like 6 weeks and I'm just dying for a burg. This weekend.... I will grill a bunch of thin patties and stack them and have a burg. It's preordained at this point.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Anthem is a bad game

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

Glenn Quebec posted:

Just to help me understand, why would you do keto? I’m just doing the “not enough calories” thing but have a decent balance in carbs/protein/fat, and I’m not dissatisfied.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Keto is a good reset button and a nice way to get fast results. Then you go off it to start fresh. And eat fresh.

Gotta eat fresh ya dig

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

geonetix posted:

Just to help me understand, why would you do keto? I’m just doing the “not enough calories” thing but have a decent balance in carbs/protein/fat, and I’m not dissatisfied.

SGA answered it pretty well. I'm not dissatisfied either, I find it a rather easy diet plan to stick to. Just some things really do require bread like burgs. I've lost nearly 30 lbs in six weeks so it's treated me well.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Glenn Quebec posted:

SGA answered it pretty well. I'm not dissatisfied either, I find it a rather easy diet plan to stick to. Just some things really do require bread like burgs. I've lost nearly 30 lbs in six weeks so it's treated me well.

Hot drat dude, I need to get on that. What's your general plan?

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

geonetix posted:

I think it's mainly the speed and simplicity that attracts people. I lost weight the old fashioned way via calorie restriction, and, even when calculating out everything I ate and following recommended daily calorie guides, I still plateaued fairly early on and took forever to get past it.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The problem with keto is that carbs are loving delicious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Long term, keto works like any other calorie restriction diet. Short term, it's easy to see some quick progress because depleting your body of muscle glycogen also flushes a lot of water weight, leading to fast drops of as much as 5-10 lbs within a few weeks. It's mostly illusory, but psychological factors are every bit as important to maintaining a consistent diet as physiological ones, and sometimes people find a carb-restricted diet easier to adhere to. Not me though, I have to eat an entire loaf of bread at least once every three days to avoid feeling depressed.