Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WilWheaton
Oct 11, 2006

It'd be hard to get bored on this ship!

The_Doctor posted:

Is that Tim Russ? Why does he look so rough? :ohdear:

He's celebrating star war day , clearly

edit ^^ that was a good snipe

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Doing fine for a dude in his 60s imo.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice

MikeJF posted:

When did they say the year for him?

Nowhere in the script. It's on an Okudagram in In a Mirror Darkly

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006
It's like his eyes avoid me wherever I go.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

I, Borg (the one with Hugh), The Next Phase (the one where Ro and Geordi are ghosts), The Inner Light, Times Arrow.. a whole bunch of amazing episodes in a row. Season 5 is great.

Well this part of season 5 anyway, the one where Troi's mum takes Alexander for a mud bath with the creepy floating severed clown heads isn't the best.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Well that's the cost of living

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
HA!

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Well that's the cost of living

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Rewatched Menage a Trois last night and other than the last scene with Lwaxana it suuuucks

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

THE HIGHER

THE FEWER

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
We're just supposed to shitpost here?

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

CPColin posted:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

CPColin posted:

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Thread title has been the same for a long rear end time but yeah that Bajoran guy was boring as gently caress. In fact I vaguely remember changing the channel when DS9 was airing back in the day because I kinda thought all the Bajor stuff was terribly boring.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Most Bajoran men are boring, especially Kira's love interests.

Even the guy who was resistance fighter turned president was dull as dishwater.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
There’s really no excuse for making revolutionary guerillas dull as dishwater. It’s loving lazy is what it is. Give me a bajoran Che who chomps cigars and travels around in a space bike. or a bajoran Mao who never brushes his teeth and keeps concubines a quarter his age.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Don't

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

I'm on Time's Arrow part 2 now, man this is my kind of poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uIxSwvmWVM

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

I’m not serious, but I do think one of the big problems with Bareil and Shakar is that they’re both so loving unobjectionable. The people who profit from revolutions, decolonialization etc are not usually nice, bland guys who do nothing wrong. They are frequently very unpleasant people. Some are murderous monsters. More importantly, they tend to be unusual and dramatic figures who would never have prospered in more normal times. That’s what I’d like to have seen.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
I think people mainly don't like them for the same reason Odo doesn't: they're in a relationship with your space waifu

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

skasion posted:

I’m not serious, but I do think one of the big problems with Bareil and Shakar is that they’re both so loving unobjectionable. The people who profit from revolutions, decolonialization etc are not usually nice, bland guys who do nothing wrong. They are frequently very unpleasant people. Some are murderous monsters. More importantly, they tend to be unusual and dramatic figures who would never have prospered in more normal times. That’s what I’d like to have seen.

IMO we got a satisfactory amount of exploration re: the unsavory actions demanded by revolution with Kira's backstory episodes.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Snow Cone Capone posted:

IMO we got a satisfactory amount of exploration re: the unsavory actions demanded by revolution with Kira's backstory episodes.

Yeah, that goes to make Kira interesting, but it shouldn’t be at the cost of leaving everyone else a cardboard cutout. If you want to introduce more Bajoran characters, you should give them more interesting attributes. Shakar couldn’t revolutionize his way out of a Wendy’s drive through.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I mean we got Winn at least, who was more interesting than a lot of other side characters

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

So a grand total of three interesting Bajorans, nice.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

There's a bunch of interesting Bajoran women it's just their men are boring. Except for that old farmer guy who wouldn't be evacuated and Odo's scientist father figure.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Leeta was interesting

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006
Ziyal was halfway interesting.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

The Bloop posted:

Leeta was interesting

how?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Window into non militant Bajoran culture.

I find the breakup ceremony thing a very Trek idea

Also she was pretty you doofus

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

I'm not super proud to admit I've been reading the Titan books but at the end of second one one of the human characters sleeps with a Bajoran man and the author thought it necessary to say she was "pleased to discover Bajoran men have ridges in places other than their noses" and honestly I was having a pretty good time before I read that passage. But now I inflict that on you so that helps a little.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

3.5 interesting Bajorans (Ziyal)
3.5 interesting Cardassians (Ziyal again)
3.5 interesting Ferengi
2 interesting Founders
3 interesting Vorta (Iggy Pop counts as 2)

The show spent the right amount of time on Bajoran politics IMO.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
speculative junkery is at least 14% of brainpower devoted to star trek and its expadong universe

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Humerus posted:

I'm not super proud to admit I've been reading the Titan books but at the end of second one one of the human characters sleeps with a Bajoran man and the author thought it necessary to say she was "pleased to discover Bajoran men have ridges in places other than their noses" and honestly I was having a pretty good time before I read that passage. But now I inflict that on you so that helps a little.

It's the taint. You can't convince me otherwise.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
how is tekeny not an interesting character !

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Humerus posted:

~*Gene’s Vision*~ is alive and well, apparently.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

As opposed to how many interesting Vulcans? Romulans? Even hewmons, though they win on volume, probably.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Klingons are obviously the most interesting.

By percentage it's probably betazoids or denobulans

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

The Bloop posted:

Klingons are obviously the most interesting.

By percentage it's probably betazoids or denobulans

actually it's megan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Voting Floater
May 19, 2019

Nessus posted:

As opposed to how many interesting Vulcans? Romulans? Even hewmons, though they win on volume, probably.

Vulcans aren't interesting. They're fascinating.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFods1KSWsQ