Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Bloodstained is such a piece of poo poo on Switch. One of my biggest purchase regrets ever. It's totally broken.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
Bloodstained, sweet! Now I can finally play a working version of the game.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Bloodstained and jump force will be fun to play.

Jump force totally looks like something I wouldn't mind playing but it's not worth paying for.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

BisterdDave posted:

Bloodstained, sweet! Now I can finally play a working version of the game.

People in the Switch thread mentioned that the PS4 version is also a hunk of junk. Not as bad as Switch, but still bad.

Don't hold your breath for it to run well on Xbox, but at least it is free.

Oh, for anyone who was wondering, Session was originally supposed to hit Steam Early Access and Xbox Game Preview yesterday. Somewhere between now and August they decided that Xbox gets it in October.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
It's not in a great state on PC, so I can see why they would delay it on console.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Can you still buy a year or two of live and then the $2 Game Pass ultimate to concert all your Live time to Ultimate time?

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Beastie posted:

People in the Switch thread mentioned that the PS4 version is also a hunk of junk. Not as bad as Switch, but still bad.

Don't hold your breath for it to run well on Xbox, but at least it is free.

Digital Foundry's video on the game's performance made it seem as though the Xbox One X is the best console to play the game on. Pretty stable, and best resolution/frame rate.

homeless
Jan 2, 2005
not so much

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Can you still buy a year or two of live and then the $2 Game Pass ultimate to concert all your Live time to Ultimate time?

Not answering your question, but to expand, wondering what the best way to extend Ultimate if you have already converted? Not sure what deals are applicable.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
If you have already converted, then any codes you add only add the cash value to your account, not the month amount. So if you buy a 12 month gold code, it adds 60 dollars worth of ultimate to your account, not 12 months. So your best bet is to find discounted codes.

mem
Sep 1, 2005
Bloodstained runs fine on the X. Had some hdr issues (looked washed out), not sure if that's been addressed since I haven't played it since it came out.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

There's several parts of the map where performance takes a nosedive in Bloodstained on XbonX, also I don't think it differs much from the base console performancewise.

It's shoddily done and the version that sold by far the most is getting the worst support lol.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Healbot posted:

There's several parts of the map where performance takes a nosedive in Bloodstained on XbonX, also I don't think it differs much from the base console performancewise.

It's shoddily done and the version that sold by far the most is getting the worst support lol.

The Switch audience was by far the most excited for this game and the devs have just completely ditched them. Amazing.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Bloodstained runs fine on PlayStation and Xbox, the only place I run into stuttering was the map where they try to recreate mode 7 effects. And that’s going to stutter no matter where you’re playing it on.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Not on pc

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Bloodstained runs fine on PlayStation and Xbox, the only place I run into stuttering was the map where they try to recreate mode 7 effects. And that’s going to stutter no matter where you’re playing it on.

Yeah it's real hard to match the power of a snes apparently.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

FlamingLiberal posted:

I’ve been able to get Metro Exodus working, thankfully. I didn’t want to have to buy it. I fully expect to get the ‘bad ending’ for the third game in a row, however.

I'm playing through Exodus now and yeah, I'm surprised by how many areas require you to go full stealth & zero deaths for the moral point when your first instinct is to shoot everybody considering it is a FPS and said people are dressed like bandits and shoot you on sight.

Really enjoying the game though! I'm just about up to the last act and only had one crash on the One X and two glitches (one where characters were stuck in a T-pose and the other I got stuck inside a rock) but were fixed by loading an earlier save.

Azathoth Prime
Feb 20, 2004

Free 2nd day shipping on all eldritch horrors.

TheScott2K posted:

The Switch audience was by far the most excited for this game and the devs have just completely ditched them. Amazing.

Since when does "we've delayed the patches for all the other consoles so we can put most of our staff on fixing the Switch version" count as completely ditching them?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Fanatic posted:

I'm playing through Exodus now and yeah, I'm surprised by how many areas require you to go full stealth & zero deaths for the moral point when your first instinct is to shoot everybody considering it is a FPS and said people are dressed like bandits and shoot you on sight.

Really enjoying the game though! I'm just about up to the last act and only had one crash on the One X and two glitches (one where characters were stuck in a T-pose and the other I got stuck inside a rock) but were fixed by loading an earlier save.
I enjoy the Metro games but their 'morality system' has been garbage in every game

In the first one you basically had to look up how to get the best ending since the game doesn't really tell you what you need to do in order to get it. A lot of it involves interacting with NPCs during visits to some of the populated metro stations. I don't even remember what the deal was with the 2nd one but I know it was at least somewhat clearer what you needed to do.

I'm glad that the 3rd game is expanding the story beyond 'you are stuck in the metro fighting Nazis/Commies/mutants/bandits to get to a place'. That and the open world sections are a nice change from cramped corridors.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

FlamingLiberal posted:

I enjoy the Metro games but their 'morality system' has been garbage in every game

In the first one you basically had to look up how to get the best ending since the game doesn't really tell you what you need to do in order to get it. A lot of it involves interacting with NPCs during visits to some of the populated metro stations. I don't even remember what the deal was with the 2nd one but I know it was at least somewhat clearer what you needed to do.

I'm glad that the 3rd game is expanding the story beyond 'you are stuck in the metro fighting Nazis/Commies/mutants/bandits to get to a place'. That and the open world sections are a nice change from cramped corridors.

Yeah atleast they seemed to have removed all of the 'listen to two NPC's complete their dialogue' kind of moral points in Exodus which is good. I remember in some cases you were even supposed to listen to enemy Nazis/Commies finishing talking to each other while you were sneaking around their base.

And I agree about the open world. I thought Exodus would be on one big map but I like that they went with different maps. The change in biomes helps keep things fresh and discovering how each area went off the rails after the bombs dropped is really interesting. :)

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Yeah, they did two games exclusively in the metro that had a couple of short segments outside and I think that was enough.

I will say that the game is getting a little on the nose with having increasingly evil enemies, from the Luddite cult to the cannibals to now the slavers. Even one of the characters wonders out loud what other hosed up people they are going to run into.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Yeah the bone version of bloodstained has a bugged achievement whose fix date is likely "never" because the patch team all got reassigned to switch and we all know the Bone version did not sell well enough to justify more work.

I bought it there though...

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Azathoth Prime posted:

Since when does "we've delayed the patches for all the other consoles so we can put most of our staff on fixing the Switch version" count as completely ditching them?

Since they didn't put out any real patches in over a month?

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Barudak posted:

Yeah the bone version of bloodstained has a bugged achievement whose fix date is likely "never" because the patch team all got reassigned to switch and we all know the Bone version did not sell well enough to justify more work.

I bought it there though...

It's getting fixed soon, apparently:

quote:

Xbox 1 Update 1.006 is looking to arrive by last week of September and will include:

IGA’s Backpack DLC
Balance Update #1: Details Here
Overlord achievement fix
HDR Fix
Localization improvements
XB1-specific bug fixes
Bloodstained ran mostly fine for me on a base XBone, although it would frequently freeze for a couple of seconds the first time an enemy dropped an item after exiting a warp room. Load times were also pretty bad.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Bless you, gamepass

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Bloodstained is such a piece of poo poo on Switch. One of my biggest purchase regrets ever. It's totally broken.

Agreed. Although imo regardless of the port it's kind of a poo poo game.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

veni veni veni posted:

Agreed. Although imo regardless of the port it's kind of a poo poo game.

Its too easy on normal and nothing about it was cool enough to make me want to replay once i unlocked hard

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

More than anything I just thought the level design and abilities were terrible. One of the most disappointing games I've played in long time.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I really liked Bloodstained but its got lots of rough edges that didnt need to be there. I hope it did well enough to get a sequel that also comes to systems where it doesnt run like dogshit.

The last 5 missions of DMCV suck and frankly im worried because Im entertaining thoughts that DMC2 is better than it.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Barudak posted:

I really liked Bloodstained but its got lots of rough edges that didnt need to be there. I hope it did well enough to get a sequel that also comes to systems where it doesnt run like dogshit.

The last 5 missions of DMCV suck and frankly im worried because Im entertaining thoughts that DMC2 is better than it.

I did not enjoy playing as V at all

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Yeah hes my least fav. Game gets a pass for making nero fun tho

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

The last 5 missions don't even have V and are the best in the game you crazy person.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

V just sucks to play and every mission you play as him is a mission Id rather they have cut from the game. The Qlipoth root motif is also ridiculous ugly and the majority of the games levels and its just so bad. I know this game probably didnt have the budget it wanted but this wasnt the solution.

RBX posted:

The last 5 missions don't even have V and are the best in the game you crazy person.

Final 5 missions are:
Fall down the ugly Qlipoth roots into a small, ugly, completely unadorned arena to fight enemies several times, capping off with a boss whose form changes seem to be hard disengages which is the worst thing in a game.
Boss fight against boss youve fought 3 times already at this point, in and admittedly cool looking arena, but his pattern is kind of tedious. This should have been the final bossfight arena and just dropped an earlier boring Urizen throne sit fight for this.
Climb up the ugly Qlipoth roots to fight Vs minions but theyre just as boring to fight against as they were to use. Stage doesnt even have the good grace to just launch you into the final fight, no you gotta do warmup fights devoid of any challenege first.
Fight Virgil, which would have been cool if not for
Fight Virgil again, with basically 0 changes except youre now playing as a character you havent played as in at least 4 missions while we dump two hugely important new mechanics to his gameplay on you.

Barudak fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Sep 22, 2019

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I'm just gonna say half of the enjoyment of the first playthrough is the large amount of fan service and if you don't feel that I can see how feel that way. Second the mechanics in the final fight aren't that hard and is cool as gently caress. I'll die for the last two missions, if you don't like those you're dead inside. Comparing it to DMC2 is a big troll anyway.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Fighting Urizen 4 times, twice basically unchanged, isnt fan service because he's never been in a game before. Fighting Virgil 1 time was fine, if the final mission was "use either super-powered dante or nero" you know like they randomly let you choose a few times earlier it'd be way better, instead it just makes the ending feel drawn out. Also I have 0 affectation for the DMC3 bosses they decided to refurbish.

DMC2 is all around an uglier, worse, less polished game but I didnt quit playing DMC2 out of boredom for nearly a month like I did DMC5 so thats why Im entertaining thoughts. DMC2 does however have the two worst bosses in the franchise, possibly all action games, and even if I thought the boss you grapple around and climb on top of as Nero wasnt good its lightyears ahead of those

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Alright you're trolling or your brain is broken. Using DMC1 would be a better troll

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Despite being one of the best games this year, DMC5 has maybe four levels out of 20 that aren't set in a red slimy corridor, and the best one is featured in the free demo

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Im not sure why ranking DMC5 ahead of DMC2 is trolling.

Ruffian Price posted:

Despite being one of the best games this year, DMC5 has maybe four levels out of 20 that aren't set in a red slimy corridor, and the best one is featured in the free demo

This really took wind out of my sales around mission 10 when I realized this was gonna be the case.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

DMC2 is shite

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Criticising DMC5's levels is fine but you cite 2 as somehow being a less boring game and like its levels are 10x worse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcvw1E0Mcac

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuBBXknA_-E

Vs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLbQNKNvqXo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Cod beta looks like blurry poo poo on X. Wasn't really interested in the game but wanted to see how much they copied siege and bf (not enough) and was surprised by the poor, blurry graphics.