Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

bony tony posted:

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

When I got this assignment I was hoping there would be more gambling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
On the subject of NPC dialogue, now that I'm deep into FE Three Houses, there's a random NPC nun that sounds SO out of place when you're roaming the monastery. You'll wander by someone and just get this random ultra-cheery "Oh hey, you!" No gently caress you, a fantasy nun wouldn't talk like that.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Shai-Hulud posted:

Im a bit further now and now that i got the Shield and Dash power its way more manageable. Still gives you a couple of hard first hours.

I'm there too now, hopefully I'll get workable tactics ingrained after a while. Trying to balance all the magic stamina use (especially for shield) is pretty tricky since I tend to just do a lot of spamming one thing until the system really gets set in my mind.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
*tink*
*tink*
*tink*
*tink*
*tink*
*tink*
*tink*
*tink*
*tink*
*tink*

Forever...

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Captain Hygiene posted:

I'm there too now, hopefully I'll get workable tactics ingrained after a while. Trying to balance all the magic stamina use (especially for shield) is pretty tricky since I tend to just do a lot of spamming one thing until the system really gets set in my mind.

Once you get it, Levitate doesn't cost any energy to activate and causes enemies to miss against you way more often. There's also a ground slam evolution in the tree that depletes the rest of your energy bar for a one-hit kill melee attack, but you don't need any energy to use it. So your typical combat approach can be leaping into the air, raining down a few desklamps upon your foes, then finishing with a ground pound into gunfire until your telekinesis powers are fully recharged.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

exquisite tea posted:

Once you get it, Levitate doesn't cost any energy to activate and causes enemies to miss against you way more often. There's also a ground slam evolution in the tree that depletes the rest of your energy bar for a one-hit kill melee attack, but you don't need any energy to use it. So your typical combat approach can be leaping into the air, raining down a few desklamps upon your foes, then finishing with a ground pound into gunfire until your telekinesis powers are fully recharged.

Yeah, this sort of approach gets you through basically all the main story portion of the game. The only things that really gave me any issues were optional bosses.

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

FORUMS NO.1 SLEEPY DAWGS MEMESTER
Shall we gather for whiskey and cigars tonight?Never doubt it!
Shall we gather for whiskey and cigars tonight?Never doubt it!
Shall we gather for whiskey and cigars tonight?Never doubt it!Shall we gather for whiskey and cigars tonight?
Never doubt it!Shall we gather for whiskey and cigars tonight?Shall we gather for whiskey and cigars tonight?
Never doubt it!
Never doubt it!Shall we gather for whiskey and cigars tonight?
Never doubt it!Shall we gather for whiskey and cigars tonight?Shall we gather for whiskey and cigars tonight?
Never doubt it!
Never doubt it!Shall we gather for whiskey and cigars tonight?
Never doubt it!

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Hey Mario.

I never asked your sister out, man.

You did what?!

You know I’ve been loyal.

Tommy, man, you’re gonna love this.

Mierenneuker has a new favorite as of 16:50 on Sep 18, 2019

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
I'm no angel but I've spread my wings a bit.

So I kicked him in the head 'til he wos dead nyeheheh

I YAM THE LAW

Look I played a lot of Baldur's Gate in the day, some things will be ingrained in my skull forever.

Anyway I'm watching my gf play Dragon Quest Builders 2 and poo poo I almost forgot how much inane babbling every character does for each and every interaction. I love the game but whenever plot or quests are involved, people will just simply not shut up.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX
AH SERVE THE FLAMING FIST

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Mierenneuker posted:

Hey Mario.

I never asked your sister out, man.

You did what?!

You know I’ve been loyal.

Tommy, man, you’re gonna love this.

I got you those clothes you wanted.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Saints Row 2 and my apparent aversion to bathing

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

One of the towns in Baldur’s Gate features children with the Diddy Laugh. Literally unplayable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEPR7qjYfvQ

Mierenneuker has a new favorite as of 17:00 on Sep 18, 2019

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELL,

HE AIN'T MY BOY BUT THE BROTHER IS HEAVY
GAVE AWAY MY POSSESSIONS AND MOVED INTO A CHEVY

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
The convicts wouldn’t be half as bad if they didn’t respawn for some god forsaken reason.

Though it was incredibly satisfying getting them stuck on a tree and destroying them with the mega man buster.

TOO MANY GOBLINS
May 31, 2015
Crafts! Fiiiine Dwarven crafts, direct from Orzammar! :mrgw:

The worst is when NPC shopkeepers say something every time you buy an item, but they only have like three lines. I've been replaying the Fable games and every time I buy potions it's "A fine item!" "A fair price!" "A fine item!"

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

MiddleOne posted:

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELL,

HE AIN'T MY BOY BUT THE BROTHER IS HEAVY
GAVE AWAY MY POSSESSIONS AND MOVED INTO A CHEVY

I wake up every morning with a fat cup of piss

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

TOO MANY GOBLINS posted:

The worst is when NPC shopkeepers say something every time you buy an item, but they only have like three lines. I've been replaying the Fable games and every time I buy potions it's "A fine item!" "A fair price!" "A fine item!"

When the little girl is manning the shop in Bloodstained her voice lines are the worst.

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

TOO MANY GOBLINS posted:

“Guess that’s fine. You should be grateful. Guess that’s fine. You should be grateful. Guess that’s fine. You should be grateful.” and so on.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

TOO MANY GOBLINS posted:

Oh, I just remembered: In the first town of Original Sin 2(Driftwood) all the shopkeepers are arranged around a monument. There's an NPC who goes to each of them, has the same conversation every time and repeats the pattern forever. Every time you stop by to get something new you'll hear the exact same thing over and over.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Back when they added Kadala to Diablo 3 she was bugged to only say her junk item lines, even if you gambled up a legendary. “I’ve seen better, I’ve seen better, I’ve seen better, i’Ve seEn BeTterR”

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

They're masterworks, all! You can't go wrong!

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

TOO MANY GOBLINS posted:

Wottaya sellin’?

Heh heh heh! Thank you!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

RyokoTK posted:

Wottaya sellin’?

Heh heh heh! Thank you!

:wrong:

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

RyokoTK posted:

Wottaya sellin’?

Heh heh heh! Thank you!

I’ll buy it at a HIGH price, StRANGer

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

marshmallow creep posted:

They're masterworks, all! You can't go wrong!
hearing this in my head with all the correctly English vowel noises

dracula vladdy AF
May 6, 2011
I recently bought the remastered version of Crash Team Racing and it seems like it is way, waaaay harder than the original. I'm trying to play on the medium difficulty and it's usually incredibly touch and go, sometimes even a relatively minor mistake can cost me an entire race.

It's all still pretty fun, but they maybe could have toned it down just a small bit. I'm fairly decent after all these years but it doesn't always seem to matter much.

I have to wonder what it would be like for someone who doesn't know the game trying to start on medium, I can imagine it coming off as kinda unfair.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

RyokoTK posted:

Wottaya sellin’?

Heh heh heh! Thank you!

It's possible that the RE4 Merchant is the best NPC in video game history

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Mierenneuker posted:

One of the towns in Baldur’s Gate features children with the Diddy Laugh. Literally unplayable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEPR7qjYfvQ

quote:

The term was coined by Steve Paget, a former sound engineer (now a computer science teacher) who first recognized the sound from the game, though it had probably been used in projects before then.

Sim Town 1995 off the top of my head. Good fact checking there internet.

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

StandardVC10 posted:

It's possible that the RE4 Merchant is the best NPC in video game history

Huh. Leon also starts the game wearing Videogaming's Best Jacket. That's two bests in one game, I wonder how many more it has? Videogaming's Best Suplex?

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Olaf The Stout posted:

Videogaming's Best Jacket

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
To be fair to the blacksmith "Tink, tink tink" thing it's an audio cue that's useful because when you are in a new area it tells you when you are close to them.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Len posted:

Sim Town 1995 off the top of my head. Good fact checking there internet.

There was some creative software for kids made by Microsoft that I first heard it in. That was for Windows 95.

But the whole point of the name is not that it was the origin, but the starting point for the person collecting examples of its usage. So it’s not really mislabeled, like Quake Sounds for example. You know, that announcer voice from an obscure indie game released long before, I think it was called Unreal Tournament or something like that!

Mierenneuker has a new favorite as of 09:06 on Sep 19, 2019

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

Olaf The Stout posted:

Huh. Leon also starts the game wearing Videogaming's Best Jacket. That's two bests in one game, I wonder how many more it has? Videogaming's Best Suplex?

Best suplex still goes to Sabin v. Ghost Train

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
They missed an opportunity of having Leon wrestle that giant Salazar statue

Big Mackson
Sep 26, 2009

tight aspirations posted:

"No one has as many friends as the man with many cheeses!"

"Complaining about cheese? That idea has more holes than this fine slice of Gorgombert!"

cosmic flashback

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
The best suplex goes to God Hand and playing a game of reverse-em where you and the enemy switch positions trying to suplex each other never gets old.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I dunno if Leon's suplex is the best but it's certainly my anchorpoint in the suplexverse

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Just Cause 3
Cars and boats are basically pointless because of the wingsuit (even moreso with the dlc jetpack) but implementing one easy change would make them more fun: the boost and jump and whatnot upgrades you get from challenges should apply to any vehicle you commandeer and not just those you order a drop for. I guess it wouldn't really make sense but who cares. Who the hell has patience to ever order a car?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carl Killer Miller
Apr 28, 2007

This is the way that it all falls.
This is how I feel,
This is what I need:

Control: I just finished playing through the main campaign and while I enjoyed it (although the aping from SCP was painfully obvious in a lot of cases) the ending was sorta a wet fart. They build up all these mysteries, then end things in the most predictable way possible your brother, who has been set up as the antagonist overall, ends up in a coma. You can continue playing to cleanse the oldest house of the Hiss, but there isn't much in the way of reward after leveling your skills. Two major plot points are left pretty completely unresolved, Darling and Ahti. The two ending sequences don't have a boss or a cool new type of enemy, just a rush of the same guys you've been fighting forever.

Overall, game had a lot of potential and I was intrigued by the idea of a AAA metroidvania type game, but it was disappointing on the whole.