Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
Friends, I have bad news about Crouton....... I left her unsupervised around my piranha tank..... And she fell in :ohdear:

CROWS EVERYWHERE fucked around with this message at 11:52 on Sep 16, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Nap Ghost
Just in time for Halloween!

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
She got better.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

She got better.

A close shave!

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

She got better.

awww look at those cute little assholes

Disco Salmon
Jun 19, 2004

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

She got better.

lol reminds me of Monty Python... "She turned me into a newt! But I got better!"

Crows, you have such cute lil birds :) I love them.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
It's weird to me that everyone says lovebirds are assholes. Mine was an rear end in a top hat when we got him because he'd been pretty badly raised as a pet for little kids, which is not a good role for a lovebird. Chirpy is easily the nicest bird I own and wants to socialize with every guest I have. The worst he'll do is sit on your shoulder and yell in your ear to get your attention.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
Every lovebird I’ve ever met deserved my nickname of, “A can opener with feathers.”

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

I'm settled in at my sister's, and I gotta say, I think Ozzy had some sort of crisis of trauma about the experience of being in the small cage, and then driving in a car, and then being in a small baby-poop-brown room with Harry Potter quotes on the wall (thanks, previous owners) with strange voices of strange people.

Ozzy was weirdly calm for a bit, then decided to sit on my shoulder. He never does this. But today, he was a shoulder bird. He raged at me a little when my face was too close, but he was a shoulder bird. Then he flew to the top of my head and pulled out some of my hair while preening me aggressively. When I put him to bed, he stepped immediately onto my hand without shying away in fright, even though he thinks hands are terrifying and he'll only step up if he absolutely has to. He's having a lot of emotions right now, I think. I was worried that this experience was going to undo a lot of the progress we've made, but it's having an opposite effect.

Sera just turned into velcro and made baby tiel noises when I rubbed his head. And then staged a protest about being put to bed.

The fish is temporarily living in a vase.

This part is going better than I expected.

Chaosfeather
Nov 4, 2008

RoboRodent posted:

I'm settled in at my sister's, and I gotta say, I think Ozzy had some sort of crisis of trauma about the experience of being in the small cage, and then driving in a car, and then being in a small baby-poop-brown room with Harry Potter quotes on the wall (thanks, previous owners) with strange voices of strange people.

Ozzy was weirdly calm for a bit, then decided to sit on my shoulder. He never does this. But today, he was a shoulder bird. He raged at me a little when my face was too close, but he was a shoulder bird. Then he flew to the top of my head and pulled out some of my hair while preening me aggressively. When I put him to bed, he stepped immediately onto my hand without shying away in fright, even though he thinks hands are terrifying and he'll only step up if he absolutely has to. He's having a lot of emotions right now, I think. I was worried that this experience was going to undo a lot of the progress we've made, but it's having an opposite effect.

Sera just turned into velcro and made baby tiel noises when I rubbed his head. And then staged a protest about being put to bed.

The fish is temporarily living in a vase.

This part is going better than I expected.

Glad to hear it! It will be over soon enough and you'll be back home with your critters and things will calm down. I hope the fish likes their vase - I used to keep beta fish in huge clear vases and would put floating plants in so they could hide amongst their roots. Had to change the water often since they didn't have filters but the fish seemed to like being in the root systems and nibble away at them.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Halloween Jack posted:

It's weird to me that everyone says lovebirds are assholes. Mine was an rear end in a top hat when we got him because he'd been pretty badly raised as a pet for little kids, which is not a good role for a lovebird. Chirpy is easily the nicest bird I own and wants to socialize with every guest I have. The worst he'll do is sit on your shoulder and yell in your ear to get your attention.

The girls tend to be the real assholes, while the boys are cheeky at worst. Galbedir is a pure and innocent soul whose biggest naughtiness is trying to bite toes when you're not looking. Crouton is very cuddly and will spend all day sitting on your shoulder but is VERY territorial over her cage, especially her food and water dishes and whichever box she has decided is her nest. Having gone through birdy puberty she's a lot more chill but will still draw blood if you try to steal her pellets. (Trying to refill pellets can be mistaken for stealing.)

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

Friends, I have bad news about Crouton....... I left her unsupervised around my piranha tank..... And she fell in :ohdear:

:aaa:

we have the same spooky skeleton at home

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

GoldStandardConure posted:

:aaa:

we have the same spooky skeleton at home

I'm hoping to put it to good use replacing Skelly Spider as guardian of the lightbulb. You can see her unfocused hovering over Crouton and Galbedir in that picture. The idea was that I would attach her to the lattice-y geometric frame of the lightbulb not-a-shade and it would stop them climbing on it and possibly burning or electrocuting themselves. I have scary critters guarding my computer and on top of cupboards, doors, etc where they are not allowed to chew. Unfortunately, she doesn't have a very well-defined face of the type that would scare a bird, so they just ignore her and I have to bat them away from the lightbulb manually. At least they like climbing on her and nibbling the shoelaces holding her in place and usually keep away from the lightbulb itself and the cord it's attached to.

Skelly Bird is VERY scary especially as it has multiple moving parts. G3 Toola Roola who guards the computer buttons is pretty scary but I have to keep changing her position or they get used to her.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
https://i.imgur.com/6OkyQTA.mp4

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
ready

set

go

Halloween Jack fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Sep 17, 2019

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
How often does Birb go hide amongst the pretty exposed ceiling beams?

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
We clip them to keep them away from the exposed ceiling fan that's just out of frame. And, literally, out of the frying pan.

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

that's my goddamn pants leg, terra what is wrong with you and when does this end

Jack Forge
Sep 27, 2012
That part, never ends.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

Faerie Fortune posted:

that's my goddamn pants leg, terra what is wrong with you and when does this end

Welcome to the “Horny Teenager” phase.

Disco Salmon
Jun 19, 2004

omg i love the completely rumpled cowlicky bed-head face that the GCC get when they are well and truly soaked lol Makes me laugh every single time :) I <3 birds so much lol

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Faerie Fortune posted:

Assumed this was a Captain Log post (serra = terra) and was confused when he replied to it

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Faerie Fortune posted:

when does this end

lol

lmao

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

StrixNebulosa posted:

Assumed this was a Captain Log post (serra = terra) and was confused when he replied to it

There are four or five cockatiels here with a "Era" part of their name.

:derptiel:

mikerock
Oct 29, 2005

Wet GCC's are the best

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

https://i.imgur.com/BkfpwiE.mp4

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

The punchline that they have a second bottle cap but it's GREEN so it's undesirable is the best. I love birds

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
https://i.imgur.com/9nKOPSB.mp4

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

I would like to propose the term "dust budgie" for dust bunnies that are wholly or in part composed of feathers.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
I’ve often felt that parrots suffer from OCD. Why? Hold up a feather and they absolutely must touch it! No matter what!

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

https://twitter.com/niceoneWern/status/1175141672759504897

luv tha kissy noise

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

We're very glad to be back home.

Now, to try and clean up after emptying all the closets and dressers into plastic bags that are still scattered around the apartment aaaah. It's fine. Bird cage, fish tank, my bed are all cleaned and ready and that's the essential bit done.

I am not allowed to wash the floors or the bed frame.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Punishing inanimate objects for being unneccesarily awkward? I have done this more times than I care to remember :(

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Pookah posted:

Punishing inanimate objects for being unneccesarily awkward? I have done this more times than I care to remember :(

Stop masturbating so much and get out of the house once in a while, goddamn.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Neddy Seagoon posted:

RUDE!

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

You're not my supervisor.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Crouton and Galbedir have JUST figured out that the red parts and seedy bits of strawberries are delicious, having previously only been interested in the leaves. They are still not smart enough to figure out blueberries are tasty, despite having both mlemed the cut half of a sliced blueberry, and are DEFINITELY not smart enough to pop the lid open on a punnet full of blubes.

Galbedir has a tiny spinning foraging toy and he tries thinking real hard about it. He sees that it has sunnies inside and there is a strange transparent barrier stopping him from grabbing them. He sees that it can spin and when spun sometimes sunnies come out. He sits there staring real hard at it and you can see the gears working in his tiny brain! But he doesn't quite get there...

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
My mornings are a bit of an ordeal, with the first hour or two being mostly in bed waiting for medicine to make my legs not a bundle of painful nerves.

I normally go get my breakfast and Serra. She sits with me in the mornings.

The headboard of my bed is suede type material. Serra LOVES to jump up there, but cleaning her poops out is a bit of a pain in the rear end. If she poops, she gets to go up there for ten minutes. She often tries to "Cockatiel Run" up my chest and make a mad dash for the headboard. But, it's slanted upwards and she normally ends up flapping and tumbling back down off it.

She is relatively toilet trained. If she needs to go, she normally walks over to the edge of the bed and goes on a paper towel. Even if she hits my sheets, I'm not worried. I change them frequently.

Now, she has started to jump on me, poop furiously onto my shirt, then run like a maniac to the headboard.

I've taught her to poop on me to get to where she wants to sit.

I'm an idiot.

NO TOUCH PLZ ON FAVORITE PERCH K THKS!!!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Captain Log posted:

My mornings are a bit of an ordeal, with the first hour or two being mostly in bed waiting for medicine to make my legs not a bundle of painful nerves.

I normally go get my breakfast and Serra. She sits with me in the mornings.

The headboard of my bed is suede type material. Serra LOVES to jump up there, but cleaning her poops out is a bit of a pain in the rear end. If she poops, she gets to go up there for ten minutes. She often tries to "Cockatiel Run" up my chest and make a mad dash for the headboard. But, it's slanted upwards and she normally ends up flapping and tumbling back down off it.

She is relatively toilet trained. If she needs to go, she normally walks over to the edge of the bed and goes on a paper towel. Even if she hits my sheets, I'm not worried. I change them frequently.

Now, she has started to jump on me, poop furiously onto my shirt, then run like a maniac to the headboard.

I've taught her to poop on me to get to where she wants to sit.

I'm an idiot.

NO TOUCH PLZ ON FAVORITE PERCH K THKS!!!

Classic SA energy in this post. I love it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
Jesus I'm dying :derptiel: