Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Man, those pictures are just incredible. Those old AFL jerseys were all so good (except the Broncos). https://www.si.com/nfl/photos/2009/10/13afl-throwback-uniforms---#6

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Minshew fever!

https://twitter.com/WillBrinson/status/1174334846115753987?s=20

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Jamal Adams, he getting traded or not?
I can't possibly imagine that happening. He's the team's best and most popular player.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

I'm imagining an intern in the Jags office printing this tweet out and bringing it to Tom Coughlin, his face turning redder and redder as he reads.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
ESPN has a good read on Vontae Davis and how he retired mid-game: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27636876/nfl-veteran-vontae-davis-quit-nfl-midgame-here-happened-next

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Especially with the red socks.

Searching for these throwback jerseys brought up the images from the Pats/Titans game in 09 - the complete drubbing - which I think is one of the most beautiful games ever put to tape because of both teams wearing gorgeous throwbacks set in the middle of a snowstorm.

Shamelessly quoting because these images just own bones. :getin:

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Definitely a pro-click. It's fascinating to read how athletes have their moment when they decide it's time to hang it up.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
gently caress the Patriots forever plus a day, but those old school throwbacks make then infinitely less disgusting, imo

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Run...established?

https://twitter.com/RobertZeglinski/status/1174346903355613184?s=19

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

There's that identity on offense.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

wandler20 posted:

Man, those pictures are just incredible. Those old AFL jerseys were all so good (except the Broncos). https://www.si.com/nfl/photos/2009/10/13afl-throwback-uniforms---#6

I've said it before and I'll say it again but the Broncos AFL jerseys aren't bad (the socks and pants at least; the helmet is bad).

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Maybe we'll see who the real Big Dick is.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

https://twitter.com/PFF_Eric/status/1174074875583053826

The Brian Schottenheimer experience, turning a Russell Wilson led offense into something resembling the worst offensive cast possibly ever in the league that's actively tanking.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Catfish Noodlin posted:

I mean he doesn't really need work as a slot corner, he was arguably the best in the NFL as a rookie and is maybe the best screen defender in the NFL.

The question is how do you get him on the field on a position whose presence on the field is dictated by offensive formation choice(and the answer cannot apparently be a position that has a gap responsibility in the run game)

He's going to play FS mostly because Sean Davis is on IR

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

How has Dallas had a less efficient passing offense than Chicago?

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I’m guessing Nagy scripts some very nice plays for Trubisky and after that it sorta falls apart. It’s just a sample of 30 plays so far, will mean more later in the season

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

It's nice to have "Saquon is amazing" in chart form.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Kalli posted:

The Brian Schottenheimer experience, turning a Russell Wilson led offense into something resembling the worst offensive cast possibly ever in the league that's actively tanking.

Whoa Saquon

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

AndrewP posted:

Chart is for first fifteen plays. Cowboys have come on like gangbusters mid game or second half.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Kalli posted:

Establishin the run shits on peoples obession with "efficiency".

2-0 :hawksin:

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

King Hong Kong posted:

I've said it before and I'll say it again but the Broncos AFL jerseys aren't bad (the socks and pants at least; the helmet is bad).

I don't mind the helmet but those socks ruin it for me.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

wandler20 posted:

My team may be bad but those Chargers uniforms are pretty

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

It'll also be funny to see the Cowboys join the "played the Dolphins" club.

AndrewP posted:

Looked at the play by play real quick
First 15 plays so:

Cowboys @ Washington
3.5 drives to get to 15 plays, has an int a sack and a bunch of poo poo.
Giants @ Cowboys
2 drives, bunch of 1sts, threw a TD on the 16th play.

Packers @ Bears
Typical Trubisky stuff
Bears @ Broncos
Quick 3 and out, couple 1st downs on the 2nd drive.

Guess the Int & Sack are just worth way more negative EPA then being Trubisky.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1174073630562639872?s=20

Is CJ Anderson still fat?

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Kalli posted:

What the hell is even a "scripted yard earned per attempt"? And if you have less, or more of them, and still win, how does that equate to anything relevant, at all?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Finger Prince posted:

What the hell is even a "scripted yard earned per attempt"? And if you have less, or more of them, and still win, how does that equate to anything relevant, at all?

just look for your team’s logo and react!!!

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Finger Prince posted:

The first 15 plays of a game are usually chosen/scripted by an offensive coordinator, then they actually start calling plays on the fly after that.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

DariusLikewise posted:

The first 15 plays of a game are usually chosen/scripted by an offensive coordinator, then they actually start calling plays on the fly after that.

Yeah, for example, the Packers offense was up 21-0 against the vikings on those scripted plays, and then did nothing for the rest of the game. Because they're implementing a new offensive system, and they're not in sync yet.

Or the Patriots force fed Antonio Brown with their early plays, getting a quick touchdown out of it. then he pretty much disappeared for the rest of the game.

It's usually a good measure of how good your OC is at designing a gameplan and the rest is how in sync your offense is / how good you are at adapting to what the defense is giving you.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You can also use the scripted plays specifically to see how the defense is reacting to certain plays and concepts and based the rest of the game off that

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

The only scripted yard per attempt that actually matters is whatever the script has in store for the next Patriots Super Bowl appearance.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

DariusLikewise posted:

You can also use the scripted plays specifically to see how the defense is reacting to certain plays and concepts and based the rest of the game off that

Yeah doesn't seem to correlate with winning. So another white noise dumbass "advanced stat" for people to masturbate to

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Hard to keep the weight down when there's Coney dogs around to tempt you.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

EmbryoSteve posted:

Yeah doesn't seem to correlate with winning. So another white noise dumbass "advanced stat" for people to masturbate to

why would anyone masturbate to a chart of nfl logos

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Efficiency

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

<Almost loses to the Bengals and a dead Steelers team>

2-0 Baby!!!

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

SHOAH NUFF posted:

http://www.thedrawplay.com/nfl-logo-re-designs/dick-logos/

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

EmbryoSteve posted:

Plus the swing is only like a yard on rushing and 1.5 yards on passing for the entire league, so even the best rushing team only got 1 more yard per attempt over 30 plays than the worst team, which seems inconsequential, probably because it is.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Kalli posted:

2-0 Baby!!!

Hell yeah. All first half wins are precious to the slowstartin Seahawks. Only thing that matters is the W my friend. Efficiency is a capitalist scam when it comes to football

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Sorry, but a nice, soft feature story trying to generate sympathy doesn't suddenly change the fact that it was still such an all time bitch move.

He couldn't even face his teammates, and actually drove away from the field at halftime, and wasnt even injured.

I'm glad he found Jesus or enlightenment and now feels that running away was the best decision ever, but I never will have any respect for him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Kalli posted:

2-0 Baby!!!

<Played the Dolphins and said dead Steelers team>