Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

The rest of that page makes no sense without a lot more context, but it does get called out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Tag yourself, I'm Boomerbutt.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Grendels Dad posted:

Tag yourself, I'm Boomerbutt.

I'm the Hoary Hosts. Why would you pick Boomerbutt over that.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Skwirl posted:

I'm the Hoary Hosts.
They said tag yourself, not your mom!!!!!

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I'm Quizboy's albino pal from Venture Bros

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
Star Trek Spotlight: Andorians Commander Sharad returns to his home world of Andoria, only to be betrayed and kidnapped by an ex-lover, who is part of an extremist isolationist group. By exploiting an old Andorian law, Sharad now faces the leader of the group in a fight to the death.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Man it's a cool scene but those faces.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Dude's really out here mansplaining a political assassination.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Gann Jerrod posted:

Star Trek Spotlight: Andorians Commander Sharad returns to his home world of Andoria, only to be betrayed and kidnapped by an ex-lover, who is part of an extremist isolationist group. By exploiting an old Andorian law, Sharad now faces the leader of the group in a fight to the death.

Sharad: I have explained my plan. And our people have no stun settings, so they will have to kill me.

(Horde of Andorian goons switch off their death blasters and prepare to pistol whip him into unconsciousness. )

Sharad: I really should not have mansplained that last part.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
The art reminds me quite a bit of the Goblins webcomic.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I have severely misremembered which ones the Andorians are, because drat.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
I kept thinking it was Mister Sensitive. :blush:

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Flesh Forge posted:

The art reminds me quite a bit of the Goblins webcomic.

I was gonna say those are Foglio faces if I ever saw em.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Why waste time say lot word when few word do trickkick?

Somebody fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Sep 26, 2019

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
flawless :allears:

e: Without knowing anything at all about the comic, I gather that the guy in the formal suit (upperclassman uniform I think?) getting kicked was going to harm the kitten, and the attacker kicked him in the arm to make him drop the kitten. How far off am I?

Flesh Forge fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Sep 18, 2019

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
But where is the kitten now? It isn't in the last panel, just flying through the air.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

New Leaf posted:

But where is the kitten now? It isn't in the last panel, just flying through the air.

follow the link to learn that and more

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I followed the link and I'm stoked there's a manga about a girl learning Capoeira, how did I never hear about this before

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i mean we all use such things, but should probably be careful with those links unless you want to eat a probe

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

i just noticed she's holding a phone in her mouth

mysteries within mysteries!

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Don't post links to pirated material. This is not some new or difficult concept.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

At least state the title of the manga so we can find legal means to read it.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
It's called Batuque by Sako Toshio and, like most mangas, there are no legal means of reading it.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Samuringa posted:

It's called Batuque by Sako Toshio and, like most mangas, there are no legal means of reading it.

*GASP* ...the...the Forbidden Manga

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Namor in Powers of X #5 when Charles Xavier invites him to join his mutant Zion.

https://twitter.com/CharlesPulliam/status/1176901408752381955?s=19

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Samuringa posted:

Yeah like...unless you are buying paper copies direct from Japan, in Japanese, you're reading scanlations for the vast majority of manga. Some popular stuff gets translated and gets a commercial release in English, but most doesn't. Probably shouldn't be a rule against linking to manga scanlations, for this reason.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I have been directly linking to manga for a while, in multiple different BSS threads, with non-issue in the past.

If the rule is going to be enforced though I'll chill.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

mangadex seems pretty good at taking down translated chapters when they're licensed, even linking to the publisher's site

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
In ADTRW it's rude NOT to link to it.

Scanlators and other fan-sharing has a strange relationship with manga in that a lot of official places look at what's getting scanned to decide what to localise. Like how Netflix did with pirate-streams when deciding what to buy. And some official sites add links to new chapters on mangadex and other aggregators.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

In BSS we don't link to full comics whether they're legally available or not. If you've linked before and weren't called on it that's because as someone who doesn't read manga I had no clue what you were linking to at the time. This time I was made aware by several posters. I don't care what the rule is in the anime forum in BSS manga gets the same treatment as other comics.

I trust all of you that are interested can google the name to find what you're looking for.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I can't believe this might be the first time I've ever agreed with a mod about anything.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
It is a little weird that this sort of thing is inconsistent between subforums but, yeah, the rule has always been "no pirated poo poo period" here so that including manga makes sense

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

X-O posted:

In BSS we don't link to full comics

I feel like this is the part not everyone is clear on? It's one thing to post a panel or two from a comic that just came out, however you may have come across them, but it's another thing to hotlink to an entire issue.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

I believe the limit is five pages. I try to stay out of these conversations because I used to work at a comic store.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

If you have to post more than five pages for context you're really stretching the definition of "bad rear end panel"

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
DCeased #5: Okay so the story is that due to Darkseid and Anti-Life poo poo, the human race has been infected with a rage zombie virus which transmits via typical zombie ways, but also through the internet, so a bunch of people are just done immediately. A group of survivors has holed up in the Fortress of Solitude, and Lex Luthor announces that he and Cyborg have started working on arks.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
He's had that sort of thing coming for 40? 50? years?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I love that even in the midst of an unstoppable world-ending apocalypse, Lex can't not get a burn in on Superman.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

It's not even a good burn from their perspective. Like yeah, my homeworld blew up shortly after I left it as an infant (or fetus if you're John Byrne), totes my fault.

Also, Lex is admitting Batman is as smart or smarter than him? Is his power armour constricting blood flow to his brain?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
My interpretation is that Lex admires, but pities Batman the way that Superman admires, but pities Luthor, i.e. "All that brilliance and yet you waste it on fighting circus themed serial killers and breaking mugger bones. You could be doing something productive! Like killing Superman!"