Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Oceanbound posted:

Is that Hakurei Reimu

:eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

I'm going to enjoy watching someone play the G/B food deck on youtube or twitch but I don't think I'll be playing it myself.

it's important to not play with your food

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
If there's not a pigeon-rat possibility I'm going to be upset.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Ultima66 posted:

I think outside of Brainstorm (so literally only Legacy) Irencrag Pyromancer is very close to 2R 0/4 with T: deal 3 to any target. Is that busted? Not really, but it's a very good value card. That said it's not really the kind of card control decks or aggro decks really want, so it's hard to say if it'll fit into anything.

And I can't imagine a card with that text is modern playable.

Wouldn’t that card be nuts?

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

sit on my Facebook posted:

That faerie is a clear power-level mythic. It's straight busted and will be a format staple until it rotates. Also utterly stupid in draft

I think this faerie and the wish one may have had their rarities swapped when they realized how oppressive bounce+creature is compared to a 1/4 blocker in limited.

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

rock out with your stock out

Bounce flash farie is going to steal a shitload of games and there will be a ton of situations where you could hold on and stabilize, unless the have a way to bounce my thing and play a threat....

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Why is there a random creature dressed like a miko in the European set anyway

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

fadam posted:

Wouldn’t that card be nuts?

Sampatrick posted:

That would indeed be extremely good lmao

Would it? Here are the most similar cards:

+ 2 more variants of the Artillery card. Every one of these cards are WILDLY unplayable in constructed except for Dynavolt Tower, though admittedly outside of Dynavolt they cost more and have restrictions/do less in the case of the Artillery.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Ultima66 posted:

Would it? Here are the most similar cards:

+ 2 more variants of the Artillery card. Every one of these cards are WILDLY unplayable in constructed except for Dynavolt Tower, though admittedly outside of Dynavolt they cost more and have restrictions/do less in the case of the Artillery.

None of these cards are remotely comparable lol. A 3 mana repeatable free bolt per turn would be absolutely insane, especially since it doesn’t die to itself.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Ultima66 posted:

All of those have a hugely higher set up cost than "draw an extra card, somehow" something that is in general good to be doing for its own sake.

I just realized lighning strike is out of standard as of rotation. Granted I've only been back nce IXN but that feels weird.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

All of those are substantially worse than a 2R 0/4 that taps to bolt any target.

Think about how many times you have to level up that shaman to get a worse version of that effect.

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land

Lone Goat posted:

Riftwing Cloudskate was uncommon and this comparative to that.

I guess Dream Eater is the next closest at mythic but it's a much better blocker.

This card is so, so much better than Cloudskate, it's not even close.

This strikes me as possibly the best card spoiled so far for standard and an easy modern playable. As always, contextual, etc etc but this card is obscene

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

1. costs literally twice as much, dies to disfigure, shock, mask of immolation and a million other cards in the format
2. requires two mana and two other creatures to tap and dies to shock and disfigure
3. does something completely different and is standard playable anyways
4. costs more, requires you to sacrifice a specific typed creature to cast it at all, lower toughness
5. costs five times as much to bring online
6. deals less damage AND deals damage to you AND has lower toughness

these are terrible comparisons

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Yeah I don’t know how you can post five examples of more expensive cards that have a shittier version of the effect and not change your mind.

2R tap to draw a lightning bolt every turn on a bolt-proof body would see play in a lot of decks I think. That’s obviously not what the spoiled card is, but that is the card you came up with in your example.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Oh gently caress off WotC that isn't a mythic.

Tainen posted:

It Mythic because they know you have extra Mythic wildcards since rare ones are in more demand. Thanks WOTC!

actually yeah you're right

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

This strikes me as possibly the best card spoiled so far for standard and an easy modern playable. As always, contextual, etc etc but this card is obscene

we have reached peak set evaluation hysteria

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Sampatrick posted:

Idk about modern but this will be a standard staple.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Sampatrick posted:

one of the spoiled cards will be the best one and that one seems like a reasonable pick. Unless u think it's bad ofc.

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
i think the card is going to be good if a mono u deck exists and will be good in simic flash, i do not think it will be particularly impressive outside of those decks

it is almost certainly not modern playable

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Sampatrick posted:

i think the card is going to be good if a mono u deck exists and will be good in simic flash, i do not think it will be particularly impressive outside of those decks

it is almost certainly not modern playable

It might slot into faeries for some flexibility. Very few matchups where you just wouldn't want this to be vclique. Nearly unplayable.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Hellsau posted:

Oh gently caress off WotC that isn't a mythic.

actually yeah you're right

its just as mythic as the green castle is rare

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
Also if everything is getting stupidly evaluated against “Gets bounced by Teferi” we should also acknowledge that Flash is a much worse mechanic in a meta with Teferi.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
i'm angry that people consider the most popular card in the format during evaluations.

(adventures are actually decent against teferi.)

No Wave fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Sep 18, 2019

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

It's better than Cloudskate but it's more like a rare than mythic.

Do you really think this is better than the knight that casts Not Heroic Downfall?

Modern playable lol

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

No Wave posted:

i'm angry that people consider the most popular card in the format during evaluations.

It also has to do with people incorrectly considering Teferi during card evaluations. Bounce is not the same as destroy, and Teferi cannot bounce every turn, so the threat of some tempo loss doesn’t make these cards unplayable.

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
The best use of Teferi is to bounce your own stuff. This is why Esper has been so good - Oath of Kaya, kill your thing, Teferi your Oath of Kaya is extremely difficult to beat.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

If I gave you an over/under of 50 for the number of times the word Teferi shows up in No Wave’s last 100 posts, which would you pick?

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
Some galaxy brain poo poo from my boy Sam.

https://twitter.com/SamuelHBlack/status/1174400141882810370

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
I mean I'm not gonna go to the mat over speculative card evaluation but it's a pretty clear format staple imo and calling that a hysterical take is kinda silly

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

I don't think I've seen a teferi get a 2nd bounce off more than once every 20 games. If a teferi comes down, bounces something, ticks up for 2-3 turns, and bounces something again, you either lost that game because you can't meaningfully interact with planeswalkers or you don't care that they're drawing cards for free because you're doing the same thing and neither of you have any targets.

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

You know they say that all men are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Samoa Joe and you can see that statement is not true. See, normally if you go one on one with another wrestler, you got a 50/50 chance of winning. But I'm a genetic freak and I'm not normal! So you got a 25%, AT BEST, at beat me. Then you add Kurt Angle to the mix, your chances of winning drastic go down. See the 3 way at Sacrifice, you got a 33 1/3 chance of winning, but I, I got a 66 and 2/3 chance of winning, because Kurt Angle KNOWS he can't beat me and he's not even gonna try!
So Samoa Joe, you take your 33 1/3 chance, minus my 25% chance and you got an 8 1/3 chance of winning at Sacrifice. But then you take my 75% chance of winning, if we was to go one on one, and then add 66 2/3 per cents, I got 141 2/3 chance of winning at Sacrifice. See Joe, the numbers don't lie, and they spell disaster for you at Sacrifice.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

"How can it equal one? If one times one equals one that means that two is of no value because one times itself has no effect. One times one equals two because the square root of four is two, so what's the square root of two? Should be one, but we're told it's two, and that cannot be."

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

sensing a theme here

too bad it dies to narset

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

found the new bitterblossom obviously

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

It's specifically only the 2nd card, right?

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Tibalt posted:

It's specifically only the 2nd card, right?

Yes

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Elyv posted:

found the new bitterblossom obviously

More like Shitterblossom, amirite

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
Improbable Alliance is really good!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
Yeah Improbable Alliance will almost certainly be my first new-season standard brew