Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
my harrow has, i think, 97% duration or something like that and i've had moments where I was mashing the button hoping to get it out on the frame it became available and it did work. Above 90, below 100 is ideal. Harrow's dolon fit is pretty easy (survive, cast 4) so you have room to mess around with mods to get that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost
Use Handspring for Eidolon hunts if your group is pretty decent because getting knocked down seems to be unavoidable. Only go below 100% duration on your Harrow if your group is taking down shields like they’re Level 3 lancers. In PUGs you’ll be doing most of the damage in all probability so your extra duration would be desirable then or you’ll have to cast it multiple times per limb.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
So uh, I might have went a little bit crazy on my Trinity. Her duration is so low that her energy vampire basically completes in less than a second. Which is awesome because it basically fills everyone's energy to full basically instantly, but all of her other abilities suffer from this as well. So the DR for the 3 and 4 last for 1 second. Anyone have like a happy medium? I mean, she is super fun like this but having DR that last more than a second would be nice.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
You don't need to tank duration on Trinity. Killing the target automatically releases all the waves instantly anyways.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
yeah, max out your duration. if you kill your EV target it sends out all the energy at once so tanking dur for EV isn't needed.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Really, I had no idea that is how EV worked. Great, I will do that when I get home. Thank ya :unsmith:. I will feel far less squishy now lol.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
The "lowest possible dur EV" Trinity build is a) ancient deprecated build info or b) a highly specific variant where you spam the % damage from EV repeatedly as a single target tank killer (possibly combined with an already fixed well of life bug).

If you just want to support everyone with infinite energy and blessing and keep your 3 up at all times you can pretty easily push str dur and range into comfortable regions. Blessing's DR caps out at 150% str anyway.

Blain
Mar 6, 2008

McKilligan posted:

my immortal godkiller is mid-tier

Me: good thread title

Also Me: Slow down there fireball. One title change per major expansion, please.

Speaking of inner conflict, Titania has exposed a rift in my squishy meat brain. Zipping around like a maniac, shooting everything in the head is great, but seeing over 50% damage done at the end of a mission brings on a sudden awareness of how much more work she requires than Mesa or Saryn or Equinox. Adrenaline Brain vs Efficiency Brain. Only one can be happy.

Is this just me, or does Titania have this effect on others?

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Blain posted:

Is this just me, or does Titania have this effect on others?
Like you already mentioned players' mileages obviously vary wildly on this, but for me this

Blain posted:

over 50% damage done at the end of a mission
usually isn't my goal, it's just a funny silver lining. This:

Blain posted:

Zipping around like a maniac, shooting everything in the head
is (respect if you can actually line up headshots at max razorwing speed tho).

Blain posted:

Only one can be happy.
Granted, for me those goals aren't exclusive as much as complementary. Strict optimization is a narrow, repetitive path, and if that's comforting or boring you is a question of preference or mood.
Context obviously matters - if i just need to finish 3 invasion exterm runs for a reward before it switches to survival or i want to move onto something else i'll 4-spam my speedy volt for a few minutes without regrets. But if that was the entire game i would've quit roughly 1600 hours ago.

Malah
May 18, 2015

They're hotfixing in the arby changes right now.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Lots of frames are really good at multiple different things, many particularly shine at one specific thing.

A lot of the time this kind of comes down to how you want to play. Do you want super fast action wherein you never touch the ground for how much you're bouncing between walls and raining fire on mans? Titania, Wukong, Valkyr, Khora, Garruda, Atlas, ect all provide really quick and involved gameplay that can absolutely trounce people if you play them quick and mean. I find that a lot of fun.

There are also frames who basically do the same thing while standing still, Mesa, Saryn, Equinox, ESO Volt, Ember casually bullet jumping through low levels.

Frames are gameplay style options.

Terbulus
Apr 7, 2009

Speak of the DEvil and he shall appear

also 10k kuva for 25 essence

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Terbulus fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Sep 18, 2019

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1129207-arbitrations-revisited-hotfix-2576/
Fixed K-Drive races not appearing properly on the minimap when using the default K-Drive from the Vox Solaris Quest.
I thought this was capitalism and not a bug

• New Aura Mods:
    • Aerodynamic: 6 seconds added to Aim Glide/Wall Latch time, decreases damage taken while Airborne by 24%*
    • Swift Momentum: 30% faster Charge Attack speed, 6 seconds added to Melee Combo time*
    • Shepherd: Increases Companion Armor by 180 and Companion Health by 300*
    • Combat Discipline: Allies gain 20 Health when they make a kill, but the aura bearer loses 10 Health when the bearer makes a kill.*
    • Melee Guidance: Reduces Melee Combo timer on Self by 6 seconds, increases Melee Combo timer for Allies by 12 seconds*
  • New Arcanes:
    • Arcane Primary Charger: On Melee Kill: 20% chance that Primary Weapon damage is increased by 200% for 8 seconds*
    • Arcane Blade Charger: On Primary Weapon Kill: 20% chance that Melee damage is increased by 200% for 8 seconds*
    • Arcane Pistoleer: On Pistol Headshot Kill: 30% chance to gain 100% ammo efficiency for 4 seconds*
    • Arcane Bodyguard: On Six Melee Kills Within 30 seconds: Heal companion by 600*
    • Arcane Tanker: On Heavy Weapon Summon: Gain 1200 armor for 16 seconds*
    • Per usual rules, an equipped maximum rank Arcane will also grant an extra Arcane Revive
      • Note: You may notice that the new Arcanes have default icons - we will be updating these in the near future with unique imagery.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

I rather like the more demanding frames. Saryn is fine, but I can get similar results with Gara but I'm more engaged while doing it.

E: God that aero defense aura with Titania 4x seems really funny

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
4x aerodynamic means frames that can't fly can now hover for 24+ seconds, looming over the enemies

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Malloc Voidstar posted:

4x aerodynamic means frames that can't fly can now hover for 24+ seconds, looming over the enemies

That could be good for maximizing coverage for Mesa's 4 on maps with a lot of open space, at least?

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Those auras are laughably bad jesus christ

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Hot drat gonna get knee deep in arby town tonight

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

And Tyler Too! posted:

Those auras are laughably bad jesus christ

pretty sure they decided they needed to water down the endo/sculpture rewards with some more useless poo poo otherwise it would be too good.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Honestly if corpro didn't exist or if armor scaling wasn't so bad I'd use several of them

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Aerodynamic at least has some potential ridiculous setups - 96% team-wide DR and the ability for everyone to aim-glide for 20+s at a time is silly but could be a fun gimmick.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Rakeris posted:

What is a good harrow build for eidolon hunting?

Adaptation, Vitality, Fleeting Expertise, Intensify, Blind Rage, Streamline, Primed Continuity, Primed Rage, exilus slot is flex but usually Handspring. Arcanes are Energize and Guardian.

Realistically, you don't need to go crazy and in pubbie runs all you really care about is hitting 4 at the right time and not being dead. The things that you can do to make runs super smooth are the same as Volt/Trinity/Oberon - have an x27 amp, have a decent sniper properly modded, and have Void Strike maxed in Madurai with as many waybounds unlocked as you can. Bonus points for also maxing Pheonix Spirit and Meteoric Dash.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Tempest_56 posted:

Aerodynamic at least has some potential ridiculous setups - 96% team-wide DR and the ability for everyone to aim-glide for 20+s at a time is silly but could be a fun gimmick.

4 Titanias laying waste to everything and but making them near-invincible to boot.

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy

Malloc Voidstar posted:

Fixed K-Drive races not appearing properly on the minimap when using the default K-Drive from the Vox Solaris Quest.

• New Aura Mods:
    • Aerodynamic: 6 seconds added to Aim Glide/Wall Latch time, decreases damage taken while Airborne by 24%*
    • Swift Momentum: 30% faster Charge Attack speed, 6 seconds added to Melee Combo time*
    • Combat Discipline: Allies gain 20 Health when they make a kill, but the aura bearer loses 10 Health when the bearer makes a kill.*
    • Melee Guidance: Reduces Melee Combo timer on Self by 6 seconds, increases Melee Combo timer for Allies by 12 seconds*
  • New Arcanes:
    • Arcane Primary Charger: On Melee Kill: 20% chance that Primary Weapon damage is increased by 200% for 8 seconds*
    • Arcane Blade Charger: On Primary Weapon Kill: 20% chance that Melee damage is increased by 200% for 8 seconds*
    • Arcane Pistoleer: On Pistol Headshot Kill: 30% chance to gain 100% ammo efficiency for 4 seconds*
    • Arcane Bodyguard: On Six Melee Kills Within 30 seconds: Heal companion by 600*
    • Arcane Tanker: On Heavy Weapon Summon: Gain 1200 armor for 16 seconds*
    • Per usual rules, an equipped maximum rank Arcane will also grant an extra Arcane Revive
      • Note: You may notice that the new Arcanes have default icons - we will be updating these in the near future with unique imagery.

We need some kind of rare item that unlocks arcane slots on any pistol secondary - I've got a Riven sitting in my Dex Furis, and Arcane Pistoleer would turn them into infinite bullet-hose joy machines

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

McKilligan posted:

We need some kind of rare item that unlocks arcane slots on any pistol secondary - I've got a Riven sitting in my Dex Furis, and Arcane Pistoleer would turn them into infinite bullet-hose joy machines
pretty sure those are frame arcanes. We don't have any primaries that can have arcanes yet.

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

Keep an eye out for fissure bonuses during Relic cracking missions- infinite ammo with no reloads for a minute and a half can lead to some absolutely nonsense bullet hosing.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Gonna put Combat Discipline on as Saryn in an ESO and when the miasma clears I'm lying on the ground completely dead.

Blain
Mar 6, 2008

Thank you for the thoughtful replies RoadCrewWorker and FunkyFjord. You're both right. It's a balancing act and down to personal choice.

And I definitely don't shoot everything in the head, it just feels like that because Titania usually strikes from elevation and I tend to focus on heavies. Manual aim is a power and a responsibility. :)

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy

Blain posted:

Thank you for the thoughtful replies RoadCrewWorker and FunkyFjord. You're both right. It's a balancing act and down to personal choice.

And I definitely don't shoot everything in the head, it just feels like that because Titania usually strikes from elevation and I tend to focus on heavies. Manual aim is a power and a responsibility. :)

Murderframes are all well and good for focus farming, but I do love frames that require a more active playstyle - Saryn or Mesa might be the ultimate warcrime queens, but wiping out 3 tiles of enemies by pressing 4, or spinning in place for a few seconds holding m1 doesn't feel as baller as wading knee-deep into enemies with a nikana, or zipping around with infinite-ammo spawning fully auto crit pistols.

So yeah, it's all down to making fun for yourself! I've completely fallen back in love with Excalibur, primarily just because he feels the most like a remorseless techno-organic ninja death machine, even if he can't match other frames for sheer body counts. Even my former fav, Atlas, who can dish out damage in the millions, isn't quite as much fun (still v. fun, tho).

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

RoadCrewWorker posted:

The "lowest possible dur EV" Trinity build is a) ancient deprecated build info or b) a highly specific variant where you spam the % damage from EV repeatedly as a single target tank killer (possibly combined with an already fixed well of life bug).

If you just want to support everyone with infinite energy and blessing and keep your 3 up at all times you can pretty easily push str dur and range into comfortable regions. Blessing's DR caps out at 150% str anyway.

Lowest possible dur build is nice for defections so you can just spam 2 and 4 mindlessly.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Running Mobile Defense and protecting the point by endlessly slamming my face into the console feels amazing.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Flytrap posted:

Running Mobile Defense and protecting the point by endlessly slamming my face into the console feels amazing.

Gauss sounds they weaponized Looney Toons physics.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

skull mask mcgee posted:

Lowest possible dur build is nice for defections so you can just spam 2 and 4 mindlessly.

wouldnt that just gently caress up your 4 cause itd last like 1 second

gnoma
Feb 7, 2005

These poles made from wood, and the crossarms from iron.

And Tyler Too! posted:

4 Titanias laying waste to everything and but making them near-invincible to boot.

Razorwing doesn't work with the already existing mod, Aviator, that reduces damage while airborne so it's unlikely the aura will be any different.

The fun mod to combo with aim glide time is Aero Vantage, which allows you to continue hovering at whatever height you started at. And stand still in mid-air if you jump straight up.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

gnoma posted:

Razorwing doesn't work with the already existing mod, Aviator, that reduces damage while airborne so it's unlikely the aura will be any different.

The fun mod to combo with aim glide time is Aero Vantage, which allows you to continue hovering at whatever height you started at. And stand still in mid-air if you jump straight up.

24.5.5 fixed it such that aviator affects Titania in razor wing and hildryn in aegis storm. So go to town.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Malloc Voidstar posted:

• New Aura Mods:
    [list]

Only ones worth using is aerodynamic(and only for titania) and combat discipline if at least two people have it and it's infested.

Malah
May 18, 2015

:five: goldmine

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
Did Gauss come with any kind of timed event or was it just Disruption stuff?

I finished the Nightwave and am feeling like an extended break but I’ll come back if there’s something I’ll miss out on otherwise.

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

Berke Negri posted:

wouldnt that just gently caress up your 4 cause itd last like 1 second

In defection you just need the healing, not DR.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Is there a table out there with a list of warframes, typical builds they have, and what warframe attributes (duration, power, efficiency, max energy, etc) they should prioritize, and which attributes they should dump down?