Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

cool dance moves posted:

I'd go further and say that it doesn't solve anyone's problem, and we know that because the dynamics of suburban 50s america led to a generation of broken housewives. Ergo, UBI alone would lead to a generation of broken people, because while the material needs are taken care of, we still live in an atomized neoliberal hellworld. I think her focus is more on the importance of belonging to a community rather than the moral benefits or whatever of having a job. Although jobs of course, can provide that sense of community, that itself is in tension with the overall framework of capitalism

It's a p decent article imo. I enjoyed it.

Yeah, UBI just by itself would lead straight to Judge Dredd world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serf
May 5, 2011

i like the work they do over at current affairs, but after hearing him speak on citations needed i'm pretty sure nathan j robinson needs to do a couple months in a gulag to break him of that accent

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

Serf posted:

i like the work they do over at current affairs, but after hearing him speak on citations needed i'm pretty sure nathan j robinson needs to do a couple months in a gulag to break him of that accent

he could just choose to stop doing it, it's fake

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
njr is a living parody

Serf
May 5, 2011

Ace of Baes posted:

he could just choose to stop doing it, it's fake

i know, that's why i suggested assistance

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Serf posted:

i know, that's why i suggested assistance

who cares, everybody on this earth is terrified of standing out, and we find one beautiful boy who cannot stop owning the libs, and this is what you talk about.

who cares. it’s literally “but how will you get a job with those tattoos?”

shut up you loving cowards, and find the weird thing that makes you happy.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

it’s like shmorky - if you do that poo poo long enough you get stuck and then you just talk that way

Serf
May 5, 2011

selec posted:

who cares, everybody on this earth is terrified of standing out, and we find one beautiful boy who cannot stop owning the libs, and this is what you talk about.

making fun of americans who fake british accents to sound smart is what makes me happy

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

selec posted:

death to the english

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Serf posted:

making fun of americans who fake british accents to sound smart is what makes me happy

we finally found a way to ask somebody “is that really how you talk?” without inadvertently being racist, ableist or sexist, and we are gonna ride til we can’t no more

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

selec posted:

we finally found a way to ask somebody “is that really how you talk?” without inadvertently being racist, ableist or sexist, and we are gonna ride til we can’t no more

wow lmao

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
if you don't understand why it's ridiculous and you should make fun of it imagine he was doing a fake Italian accent

Serf
May 5, 2011

selec posted:

well we know that's not how he really talks, so no one even has to ask the question. truly we live in the future

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Ace of Baes posted:

if you don't understand why it's ridiculous and you should make fun of it imagine he was doing a fake Italian accent

that would be even better.

lean into loving the weird poo poo that doesn’t hurt anybody, otherwise you’re just trying to get old early

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

selec posted:

that would be even better.

lean into loving the weird poo poo that doesn’t hurt anybody, otherwise you’re just trying to get old early

if it's Chapo or whatever sure but he's a serious politics person or at least trying to pretend to be one

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ace of Baes posted:

if it's Chapo or whatever sure but he's a serious politics person or at least trying to pretend to be one

is felix just pretending to sound like that?

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

freckle posted:

is felix just pretending to sound like that?

he sounds like a decent number of people I knew in Michigan so probably not, pretty typical Midwest accent

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Ace of Baes posted:

the idea that there is some kind of badging or certification system to define serious politics people is giving me a tickle rn

none of its serious, if the mask hasn’t been yanked entirely off for you by now idk man

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Serf
May 5, 2011

i would actually respect the fake italian accent, because then at least he would sound as dumb as he is

Yadoppsi
May 10, 2009
Bernie has a new ad about Harlan, KY out. I heard Tanya from Trillbillies was talking to the campaign. Does anybody know which episode talked about what the miners are going through?

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
I think MAGA Morse Code, and then they had a special segment that was interviews with different miners

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Yadoppsi posted:

Bernie has a new ad about Harlan, KY out. I heard Tanya from Trillbillies was talking to the campaign. Does anybody know which episode talked about what the miners are going through?

It's spread across a few of them. Pretty sure it starts with Mining Wokeback Mountain but that's a patreon episode, 57. Pretty sure that's the one where Tanya talks about the how the miners had been getting hosed out of their benefits and child support for months even though it was supposedly cut from their checks. There's also that bonus episode on the normal feed that's pretty much just the miners talking too, Voices From the Harlan County Blockade.

Otherwise it's sprinkled through the episodes since then. The Trump trucker one is MAGA Morse Code, if that's what you're after.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Serf posted:

It's not even properly British, it's Locust Valley Lockjaw. Why a libsoc would want to sound like a Buckley is beyond me.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

if a guy wears a trillby and talks in a fake British accent it is just a matter of time until he's revealed to be a aspiring sex creep or something

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

I've always kind of assumed he was doing it to cover a speech impediment or something, but it seems like it would be less embarrassing to just admit that than to keep doing it when everyone knows it's fake.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

maybe it is some weird brain thing that he can't get rid of, like Edgar Oliver's weird Dracula voice

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
I’m sorry if people were offended by the accent of my posts, some of my best friends post with accents, these aren’t my values and I regret not living up to the standards of this forum. Please respect my privacy during this difficult time

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

what I don't understand is why NJR doesn't wear a cape

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
He's gone the Bond villain route, not the comic book villain route. He's far too Ivy League for that.

Serf
May 5, 2011

actually i've embraced the truth and from now on i will be speaking with an italian accent

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

nick and matt accent episode but matt only does the irishman

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Serf posted:

actually i've embraced the truth and from now on i will be speaking with an italian accent

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Serf posted:

good thing you lost your foot instead of your hand

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

zegermans posted:

holy poo poo

selec
Sep 6, 2003

I just lead three days of onsite discovery meetings in my Foghorn Leghorn voice and not once did any of those cucks dare mention it.

SEEAH HEAH, LET’S CHEW THROUGH THIS A HEAH PROCESS DIAGRAMUH, AH SAY

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

zegermans posted:

:vince:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

zegermans posted:

https://youtu.be/DbyytnvFHsg