Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

NPR Journalizard posted:

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2019/sep/19/eric-abetz-compares-the-conversation-nazis-climate-change-denial

Low hanging nazi jokes aside, that does not sound like the senator is agnostic about climate change.

The only way to be agnostic about climate change at this point is to have already made up your mind that it's a question that will never be answered and therefore we should never take action.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

GoldStandardConure posted:

hoodburger, mate

hoodburger on a wednesday?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

JBP posted:

Just tune out lol

Being a jester just adds to alt right accelerationism which we know factually leads to fascism.

Tuning out is what the populists want you to do so they can drive clown cars into parliament every 3 or 4 years.

Maintain the rage.

I may be in the belly of the beast and I may be a member of some lost dark souls party machine but I still remember where I came from. Unemployed student whose casual jobs were full of abuse, unpaid labour, skipping on super.

I will never stop posting about politics and I'll never stop talking about it because you need fire to light fireworks and if you think every day will be a rainy day then we will never be able to watch these fuckers go pop as they become history book rejects.

Don't tune out. Tune in so you can tell people how to send them to the bin.

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer

Synthbuttrange posted:

unemployed but still striking tomorrow

Good stuff. We'll be at the Brisbane one.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Nah, yeah

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

take some deep breaths, relax, then go and beat up your boss

actually that’s Fairfax

trunkh
Jan 31, 2011

I think this is useful and can be added to the other bodies of work as to why death is certain for the near future:

https://boingboing.net/2019/09/15/brahmin-left-merchant-right.html

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Anidav posted:

Djxhshazhshsbz

quote:

Treasurer Josh Frydenberg on Thursday revealed the 2018-19 budget showed a deficit of $690 million, which in accounting terms is a balanced budget.

why bother

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

i don't think the ATO would accept me paying no tax because "in accounting terms", my income is actually $0 (plus or minus $690 million)

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Bending mathematics to own the libs.

cohsae
Jun 19, 2015

Anidav posted:

Bending mathematics to own the libs.

In accounting terms I've actually paid off my house so I will not be making any more payments on my mortgage.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

In accounting terms I actually already have a pay rise because I was previously earning zero dollars.

Conservative logic I guess.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

NPR Journalizard posted:

I am busy next wednesday but the week following, yeah sure

Kitty Fantastico
Nov 26, 2005

hoodburger, mate

Meet & Bun imho

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Kitty Fantastico posted:

Meet & Bun imho

fite me irl (outside hoodburger)

froglet
Nov 12, 2009

You see, the best way to Stop the Boats is a massive swarm of autonomous armed dogs. Strafing a few boats will stop the rest and save many lives in the long term.

You can't make an Omelet without breaking a few eggs. Vote Greens.

NPR Journalizard posted:

Can I go, that sounds awesome.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
I'm keen too for burgs (and fite).

EDIT: To watch fite that is.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Anidav posted:

Being a jester just adds to alt right accelerationism which we know factually leads to fascism.

Tuning out is what the populists want you to do so they can drive clown cars into parliament every 3 or 4 years.

Maintain the rage.

Don't do this if it's giving you actual depression hth

Tomberforce
May 30, 2006

Radio National today - 'The Liberal Party have always prided themselves on being superior economic managers and the budget data today affirms this'. :suicide:

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

froglet posted:

Can I go, that sounds awesome.
Oh for sure. Is next Wednesday ok with you as well?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
there really is no hope with a media landscape this toxic

froglet
Nov 12, 2009

You see, the best way to Stop the Boats is a massive swarm of autonomous armed dogs. Strafing a few boats will stop the rest and save many lives in the long term.

You can't make an Omelet without breaking a few eggs. Vote Greens.

NPR Journalizard posted:

Oh for sure. Is next Wednesday ok with you as well?

Sounds good!

Capt.Whorebags
Jan 10, 2005

Yes, the recently terminated small business employee, well known for their ability and resources to take a legal challenge all the way to the High Court.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
Also keen for Auspol Hoodburgs if that's going down.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Capt.Whorebags posted:

Yes, the recently terminated small business employee, well known for their ability and resources to take a legal challenge all the way to the High Court.

Crafty little employee able to haul my small ice cream business before the United Nations to use my Franklin credits to fund Al Gore's Climate Change for Zimbabwe Fund!

Wait until the Rockhampton Morning Bulletin hears about this!

Dear Mr. EDITOR

Climate Change Church believers have once again gone too far and all my taxpayers money could instead be used to fix the Bruce Highway.

Sincerely, Swing Voter

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

Caught between two worlds...
i can't believe centrelink hunt down dead people's robodebts now, they've ruined my plan b

clusterfuck
Feb 6, 2004

Anidav posted:

Maintain the rage.

I may be in the belly of the beast and I may be a member of some lost dark souls party machine but I still remember where I came from. Unemployed student whose casual jobs were full of abuse, unpaid labour, skipping on super.

I will never stop posting about politics and I'll never stop talking about it because you need fire to light fireworks and if you think every day will be a rainy day then we will never be able to watch these fuckers go pop as they become history book rejects.

Don't tune out. Tune in so you can tell people how to send them to the bin.

You're our Solzhenitsyn. The Murdoch media is the First Circle. Everything else is the Bogan Archipelago.

Want that book, Anidav, when's it coming out?

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

fauna posted:

i can't believe centrelink hunt down dead people's robodebts now, they've ruined my plan b

How are they doing this and on what grounds (other than being poo poo and punitive on purpose ofc)

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Why Pauline is on the warpath

https://thenewdaily.com.au/news/national/2019/09/18/pauline-hanson-parliamentary-privilege-false-sexual-abuse-claims/

trunkh
Jan 31, 2011

Zenithe posted:

How are they doing this and on what grounds (other than being poo poo and punitive on purpose ofc)

The state of play on this is the department/government have subcontracted teams that have targets of debt notices to hit without being given leeway or incentive to do due diligence. This is as they have been given targets to recover as part of the buget.

The debts themselves no one knows how they are being generated exactly other than so-so rough data matching. No cases have reached court to determine how as each time they get to the point of court the department / government writes off the debt to a negligible amount and declares it has no case to answer.

The supposed debt will never be correct due to the obvious differences of intent for the two data sets (one tax the other income) and there's been reports of the contractors running the matching algorithm on the same person on different days and getting completely different results. Dead people receiving notices is almost certainly due to poor subcontracted smucks having to hit targets for fictional money.

9 has actually been responsible for reporting these details, but the ABC and Guardian have also had a run on them.

trunkh fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Sep 19, 2019

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Anidav posted:

Crafty little employee able to haul my small ice cream business before the United Nations to use my Franklin credits to fund Al Gore's Climate Change for Zimbabwe Fund!

Wait until the Rockhampton Morning Bulletin hears about this!

Dear Mr. EDITOR

Climate Change Church believers have once again gone too far and all my taxpayers money could instead be used to fix the Bruce Highway.

Sincerely, Swing Voter

Yeessssss

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Remember to support your protesting comrades, if it is safe to do so.

:sadwave:

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Support the other people that booked annual leave or asked politely for the day off? Is anyone actually on strike?

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I’d like to be at the protest today but the irony of driving for 90 minutes is too much so I issue a decree of support on behalf of queer crystal farmers everywhere

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
That whole robodebt thing just blows my loving brain just how hosed up it all is. Like my mother got hit with a 12 grand debt after she finally retired at 75 and had to go through god knows how many loops to prove that no, she did NOT have the income they claimed she had. And even after she won, they tried AGAIN all over. Straight out harrassing a pensioner for a debt they knew she didnt owe.

And yet my father - who is still working because... well.... he wants to - has to fend off the govt from throwing a pension in his direction when he is earning beyond the threshold. He literally tells then no I dont want the bloody pension and yet they keep trying to insist he does.

(Long divorced so Mum is living by herself)

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
I'm working from home today

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Anidav posted:

Remember to support your protesting comrades, if it is safe to do so.

:sadwave:

I stone think 0 things are happening in Rockhampton

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

That whole robodebt thing just blows my loving brain just how hosed up it all is. Like my mother got hit with a 12 grand debt after she finally retired at 75 and had to go through god knows how many loops to prove that no, she did NOT have the income they claimed she had. And even after she won, they tried AGAIN all over. Straight out harrassing a pensioner for a debt they knew she didnt owe.

And yet my father - who is still working because... well.... he wants to - has to fend off the govt from throwing a pension in his direction when he is earning beyond the threshold. He literally tells then no I dont want the bloody pension and yet they keep trying to insist he does.

(Long divorced so Mum is living by herself)

It took me nearly five months to get my brain damaged father a pension to pay for aged care lol

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

21 male suicides a week due to the Family Courts...?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

MysticalMachineGun posted:

21 male suicides a week due to the Family Courts...?

As was stated on the Drum sometime in the last few days, this number is extremely improbable, and it's disappointing that more people haven't come out to say as much

e: I can tell you there's no systematic database recording why people suicide, and there's a variety of reasons why this is the case. Hanson is once again spouting loving numbers relatively unchallenged yet again.