Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Legit Businessman fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Sep 9, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Should probably update the OP

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

:woop: :bandwagon: :woop:

half cocaine
Jul 22, 2019

Loving the coinage of SNC Aladdin.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Scheer is probably really grateful that he was unpopular and could never be invited to the cool parties when he was younger.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

Juul-Whip posted:

gently caress off lmao

wish I could take credit (read it today on Twitter) but yeah it's perfect

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Madkal posted:

Scheer is probably really grateful that he was unpopular and could never be invited to the cool parties when he was younger.

I doubt that stopped him from doing racist things and being photographed while doing it.

ARACHTION
Mar 10, 2012

Franks Happy Place posted:

Ditto but I live in Jenny Kwan's (lol) riding soooo

If anyone needs a campaign manager though let me know, I'd be down to run a campaign.

West Van, Prince George and Kamloops are empty. Have a go at it!

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

This is a good message. Does Jagmeet always blink this much in everything he does?

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

I know our election cycles are shorter but I'm already tired.

https://twitter.com/LukewSavage/status/1174530273687613440?s=19

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

UnknownMercenary posted:

I know our election cycles are shorter but I'm already tired.

https://twitter.com/LukewSavage/status/1174530273687613440?s=19

Lol what colour was the blackface jfc.

Brb lemme check my costume colour wheel:

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

JawKnee posted:

This is a good message. Does Jagmeet always blink this much in everything he does?

Evidently he saw how off-putting never-blinking beady-eyed Mulcair was in the last election and is trying something different.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

https://twitter.com/AJWVictoriaBC/status/1174514444992311296

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Love this ad the Cons tweeted then deleted.

The crisis of a single perfectly ordinary man with luggage, who is bad because he’s black!

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

"in high school"

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN
Somebody finally asking the real questions

https://twitter.com/jesse_gutman/status/1174653903864061954

Wendell
May 11, 2003

vyelkin posted:

"in high school"

Was he teaching at a high school? Still counts then!

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

"Doing a thing you regret"

Interesting take.

Hey remember when Ted Danson made national news for showing up in blackface to the Friars' Club in nineteen ninety goddamned three, and basically every media outlet dragged that story out for a solid two weeks because what he'd done was unquestionably outrageous by the standards of that day? I was in like, eleventh grade or something, and a total social moron ("was"?), and even I didn't need that one explained to me.

Everyone's got regrets yeah, that's not the story I see here. I see an educated, privileged white dude who lived through the 80s, 90s and 2000s looking me in the eye and telling me he straightup didn't know blackface was wrong. No way, man. Better would've been to admit that he did know it was wrong, it being wrong was the reason he'd done it, and then maybe turn the knobs a bit to lead the followup questions away from the topic of black humour, idk i'm not a politician

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

I have a kind of alacrity in sinking.

BGrifter posted:

I've been pretty critical of Singh since he won the leadership, but this is impressive.

Singh has consistently been really good on matters of racism, bigotry, and xenophobia in Canada. His statements tend to come across as thoughtful and from the heart, and he makes them with actual conviction.

It's just a shame about every other topic he ever comments on.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Here we go, a third time he did black/brown face. With video.

https://globalnews.ca/news/5922861/justin-trudeau-brownface-video/

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Scheer: I will stand by candidates with racist, homophobic past comments as long as they apologize

Also Scheer: Trudeau isn't fit to govern because he wore brown face.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
* extremely The Count voice *

THREE! Three black face incidents, ah ah ah!

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

PT6A posted:

* extremely The Count voice *

THREE! Three black face incidents, ah ah ah!

Nice casual antimagyarism, a term I definitely did not have to google

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011

Wendell posted:

https://twitter.com/hegelbon/status/1174661762152587264?s=21

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I liked Singh's response because it addresses the broader issue affecting victims of racism, rather than grandstanding to go "look at this rear end in a top hat vote for me instead!"

Subtext is still clear that Singh wants the votes but he comes across as an actual human with his response rather than treating it as a political issue with politician speak.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Falstaff posted:

It's just a shame about every other topic he ever comments on.

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes
lol the guy really is dedicated to the costume, I feel like if he was just doing it for the racism he wouldn't put the effort to do his legs

quote:

He’s wearing a white T-shirt, and his jeans are ripped at the knees. It appears as though his arms and legs are covered in makeup as well.

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

mikerock posted:

Weed is still legal.

But Scheer is open to that not staying legal. Yippie.

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes
If this man gets taken down by his love of costuming, I might explode

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Wendell posted:

lmao what the gently caress

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Didn't he do this as an adult? He was a teacher. There is a big difference between a 14 year old telling a racist joke versus a 26 year old teacher dressing up in a caricature .

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Birdie num num for thought.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

zapplez posted:

Didn't he do this as an adult? He was a teacher. There is a big difference between a 14 year old telling a racist joke versus a 26 year old teacher dressing up in a caricature .

Yeah I definitely remember someone in 8th grade dressing up as a southern caricature of a black dude for Halloween, but I wouldn’t bring it up during a political debate. A teacher in their 20s is an altogether different scenario.

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN
Well, I hope we can all at least agree that Trudeau's Haida tattoo is extremely tasteful and represents his boundless respect for native cultures.

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888
dude was 29 lmfao

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888
hello, i have never dressed up in blackface. *throws stones*

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

RBC posted:

hello, i have never dressed up in blackface. *throws stones*

I want to say most people haven’t but people disappoint.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
There’s a pretty big difference between doing it as a kid for Halloween or something (there it’s really the responsibility of the parents to explain why that’s unacceptable) and doing it as a teen or adult for a costume party. I wouldn’t necessarily expect a 10-year-old to understand the context of why blackface is offensive without being taught, unless it’s a full-on minstrel caricature costume in which case it’s self-explanatory. Doing it as an adult, there’s no excuse for not knowing the implications.

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
This means Scheer is basically a lock to become PM now?

The inevitable conclusion to finding out your PM is racist is electing a party with an even more racist and right wing PM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

James Baud
May 24, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Chuka Umana posted:

This means Scheer is basically a lock to become PM now?

The inevitable conclusion to finding out your PM is racist is electing an even more racist and right wing PM.

I was actually going to make a crack about this potentially having the immediate effect of Trudeau rising in the polls.