Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Still laughing at "the water industry"

Hello Jeremy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

after we lit this one, nothing was ever the same

fluppet posted:

Has any one else's tory mp inviteing themselves to local primary schools to talk about democracy and parliamentary systems or is it just Andrea Jenkins?

My Labour mp did that last year, fwiw

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

fluppet posted:

Has any one else's tory mp inviteing themselves to local primary schools to talk about democracy and parliamentary systems or is it just Andrea Jenkins?

I think it's pretty normal. My Primary School got visited by Russell Johnstone, the then-Liberal Democrat local MP, he used to come every year to talk to the class about that sort of thing. No idea if David Stewart or Danny Alexander did it after him though.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Guavanaut posted:

Bit racist of them to mock the Geordie dialect like that :v:

:discourse:

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
Government just outright saying it won’t care if the court rules against them

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Guavanaut posted:

It's something like 20% for spontaneous terminations in the first 3 months, but that includes a lot of people who don't even know they're pregnant who experience a heavy period a few weeks late.

It's something like 20% for people who do know they're pregnant as well, though you get different numbers. And yeah, that may or may not be of any use to someone in that position

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Chuka Umana posted:

Possibly a good tactic cause then the obvious craven thing to do is not rule against the government cause that would cause a constitutional crisis

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Superterranean posted:

My Labour mp did that last year, fwiw

My Labour MP, Gareth Thomas (not the rugby player) did it at my school when he first got elected in back in 97, and apparently still does it to this day.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-49742567

quote:

A farmer who appeared in an election broadcast by the Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) has said he now regrets voting to leave the European Union.

So why did he vote to leave?

He said he had listened to the "stories that were told about the big red bus and all the extra money there was going to be for the health service and I thought that we could probably get a better deal".

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Chuka Umana posted:

I'm sure this principled stance will last beyond the opposition's first tabled piece of legislation.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/mark-francois-essex-police-vest-wetherspoons-rayleigh-a9110661.html

So it’s ok for a journo to doxx a member of the public who is already going to be racially profiled and attacked with loads of vitriol, yet the Tory MPs feel a need to wear a stab vest when out meeting the public on patrol with police. Like I get that when they’re on patrol they might need one, but going to a pub is just lol.

Gee it’s almost like the media is half the problem!

“We gave him the wrong jacket” - yeaaaah, bullshit.

Diet Crack fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Sep 19, 2019

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

https://twitter.com/Independent/status/1174641327616745473?s=20

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Gulag for tories when?

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

Yes, yes, it is true that it is the EU's fault there is a deadline. It is all real.

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!

Is this the secret plan no one was allowed to see they were touting a couple days back?

A single piece of a4 paper reading:
"We've not got a fuckin clue!"

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Why would the EU do this to us?

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Tiger Millionaire posted:

Is this the secret plan no one was allowed to see they were touting a couple days back?

A single piece of a4 paper reading:
"We've not got a fuckin clue!"

That much was obvious when it leaked that bojo seemed completely mystified about the backstop during the recent negotiation meetings.

“We promise we’ll have an answer, just wave your hands for the first year, and absolutely we will have a proper resolution at the end of it.”

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Anyone like old leftie Robert Wyatt? Just started a 15min programme on Radio 4 Extra. (245pm) just discussing Shipbuilding.

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

Hentai Jihadist posted:

Why would the EU do this to us?

[Guy shooting other guy in armchair meme]

E: Wow that was low effort of me. There's even a generator, no need to open Photoshop

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Guavanaut posted:

The deputy political editor of The Sun saying "Everyone's afraid to speak out against a Labour government" is a bit like whenever the Express columnist says "nobody's allowed to talk about immigration now."

I've seen this rhetoric adopted by the far right in Finland too and it's honestly rather baffling. Basically, "No one's allowed to say anything completely ridiculous, misogynist or racist without getting shouted at by social media" becomes "No one's allowed to say anything". A far-right politician was on a talk show on a publicly owned TV channel talking about the "exploitation" of Greta Thunberg by "devious climate activists who are doing this innocent young girl harm", and in the same breath talking about how he was not allowed to talk about that very same thing! On a tax-funded platform!

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
Regardless of the court ruling, Pannick is cannily proactively trying to get ahead of the government threat to ignore the ruling by suggesting it’s entirely up to Parliament speakers whether to reassemble and the PM wouldn’t have anything to do with it.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

These loss.jpg edits are getting more and more surrealistic

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

quote:

Mr Francois, the deputy chair of the hardline European Research Group, is an ardent Brexiteer.

“I was in the army. I wasn’t trained to lose,” he once said, during an interview about Brexit.

It later emerged that he had served as an infantry officer in the Territorial Army during the Cold War.
Of course it did :v:

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

https://twitter.com/dinahroseqc/status/1174684902593302528?s=21

:getin:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Pilchenstein posted:

“I was in the volunteer reserve force officer candidates group. I wasn’t trained,”

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
"I spent my weekends yelling at cosplayers, I think I know a thing or two about war"

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Pilchenstein posted:

I was in the TAs!

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
just to confirm the verdict is coming today right? It's not like the supreme court in the US where you have to wait a half a year to get a verdict?

coffeetable
Feb 5, 2006

TELL ME AGAIN HOW GREAT BRITAIN WOULD BE IF IT WAS RULED BY THE MERCILESS JACKBOOT OF PRINCE CHARLES

YES I DO TALK TO PLANTS ACTUALLY

Chuka Umana posted:

just to confirm the verdict is coming today right? It's not like the supreme court in the US where you have to wait a half a year to get a verdict?

hale just said 'early next week'

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
arrghhh we have to wait the whole weekend

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

jackhunter64 posted:

I was in the TAs!

I always saw him more as the Mike from Spaced type, because Gavin Williamson has already occupied the Gareth Keenan spot.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Chuka Umana posted:

Five months after no deal brexit, the food has run out, medicines have run out, the NHS has been sold to Wal-Mart, and potable water is £1.20/l
*supreme court justice scrambles to the top of the rubble that was St. Paul's Cathedral*
Judge: The government acted illegally.

mediadave
Sep 8, 2011
When is the labour party conference?

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

goddamnedtwisto posted:

I always saw him more as the Mike from Spaced type, because Gavin Williamson has already occupied the Gareth Keenan spot.

Looking up Geoff Tipps reminded me he stayed at the 'Saveloy Hotel' when he goes to London. Two pound a unit!

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Vitamin P posted:

"Literally only nazis say our system treats refugees that have successfully entered the system pretty well" what the bollocks is wrong with your brain? Are you saying that our treatment of successful asylum claimants is so barbaric that nazis are pretending it's pretty good in order to what? Similarly wealthy liberal democracies treat asylum seekers so much better but nazis are pretending that isn't the case so more apply to the UK so they can suffer more?

The legit criticism of how the UK treats asylum seekers is that it's too binary, there aren't easily defined 'good ones' and 'bad ones' and we need to help more in the grey area. But to declare that saying successful asylum seekers in the UK are treated comparatively very well must be nazi propaganda, that's actively counter-factual, get hosed. Flail around trying to back it up or gently caress off.

First of all, nice meltdown.

Second of all, it was me glibly referring to the fact that nobody who complains that Then Ferruns Have It Too Good is saying it in good faith. Sorry I called your dad a nazi I guess.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

mediadave posted:

When is the labour party conference?

Runs from 21st to 25th.

Funnily enough if Parliament is recalled it's the Tory conference that will be hit hardest, as that doesn't start until the 29th.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I feel like there should be a law about people having to work in a warehouse where it looks like it's on fire because of all the concrete dust in the air.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Decision due early next week.

My prediction was correct

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

If you even speak about asylum seekers negatively or positively you are personally responsible for the holocaust fyi. And that’s in the bible and the Quran so don’t try to dispute it. Checkmate LIEberals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

edit 2:

edit: oh ffs, you can't see the full shot in the Twitter preview because of course you can't.

https://twitter.com/adambailey27/status/1174692247465582592

Apologies for just linking to Twitter rather than downloading and re-uploading the shot to Imgur, but it's late here and I just love how much gently caress The Sun sentiment I'm seeing.

Senor Tron fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Sep 19, 2019