Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

fsif posted:

Yes, I immediately got a psychic vision of the Dolphins becoming a scrappy bunch of overachievers towards the last third of the season disposing of teams eliminated from playoff contention upon hitting "Submit Reply" on that last post.
Did it involve a heart-breaking Bills loss?
Then again, it would be funny if they beat us and it costs them the #1 pick. Ultimate crab bucket move.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

fsif posted:

Right, over two seasons. Baker entered a team with far more talent than Miami is likely to have at the start of next year.

Maybe I'm overstating it, but I don't think there's a precedent for a roster as bad as Miami's is right now. The 2008 Lions weren't this bad. The 2011 Colts weren't this bad. The 2017 Browns weren't this bad. The Dolphins can't paper over all of the deficiencies with just a promising rookie quarterback prospect. Ryan Fitzpatrick is actually probably one of the better players on the team!

I don't think Miami ever planned for it to get this bad and it just kind of happened. They made the right move trading Tunsil and their hand was forced in a few other situations. This could all end up being good in the long run, but this team is so far from competing that it's going to take more than one off-season to get them back to five wins.

This roster has significantly more young players who have had some level of quality performance on the field than the 1-15 team from 2007(that turned around and went 11-5 the year after). That roster basically had Ronnie Brown(for six games) and Vernon Carey as guys on rookie contracts who had shown signs of life. All of the guys who would later become significant contributors and good players hadn't really shown any signs of life at that point(Paul Soliai, Matt Roth, Channing Crowder, Yeremiah Bell).

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
I think the Dolphins will get better towards the middle of the season. They've got a ton of players who've never played nfl football before, and I think there will be a sweet spot around games 6-12 where they've figured a few things out but not hit the wall.

So it may be early to call them the worst ever

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

tarbrush posted:

I think the Dolphins will get better towards the middle of the season. They've got a ton of players who've never played nfl football before, and I think there will be a sweet spot around games 6-12 where they've figured a few things out but not hit the wall.

So it may be early to call them the worst ever

With that in mind:

https://twitter.com/ZachDrapkin/status/1174419930889850880

They're going to continue to be bad for sure, but there's a limit to how much you can run with week 1 and 2, especially when you've got clear factors like starting street free agents the week they've signed at Tackle and stuff like that contributing.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
With all that in mind I am totally in favour of putting Rosen in right away before Fitz accidentally wins us a game

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

https://twitter.com/heathcummingssr/status/1174367481844178944

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Important numbers:

Team A:

7 | 4 | 7 | 1 | - | 6 | 4 | 4 | 7 | - | 3 | 5 | 5 |

Team B:

1 | - | 1 | 3 | - | - | 1 | - | 2 | 3 | 2 | 6

Team C:

4 | 1 | - | 1 | 3 | - | 3 | - | 1 | 1 | 2 | 1

Team A is the Miami Dolphins (32 DVOA) offensive starters draft class

Team B is the Tampa Bay Bucs (31 DVOA) offensive starters draft class

Team C is Dallas Cowboys (1 Off DVOA) offensive starters draft class

The -'s are UDFAs.

That's a massive dearth of athletic talent, holy poo poo. I had no idea it was so bad. Miami is loving doomed.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Sorry, is that the round each starter was drafted in?

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

tarbrush posted:

Sorry, is that the round each starter was drafted in?

Yeah.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Hizawk posted:

That's a massive dearth of athletic talent, holy poo poo. I had no idea it was so bad. Miami is loving doomed.

NE
5 | 3 | 6 | 4 | 5 | - | 6 | - | 1 | 7 | 6 | 2

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Hizawk posted:

Important numbers:

Team A:

7 | 4 | 7 | 1 | - | 6 | 4 | 4 | 7 | - | 3 | 5 | 5 |

Team B:

1 | - | 1 | 3 | - | - | 1 | - | 2 | 3 | 2 | 6

Team C:

4 | 1 | - | 1 | 3 | - | 3 | - | 1 | 1 | 2 | 1

Team A is the Miami Dolphins (32 DVOA) offensive starters draft class

Team B is the Tampa Bay Bucs (31 DVOA) offensive starters draft class

Team C is Dallas Cowboys (1 Off DVOA) offensive starters draft class

The -'s are UDFAs.

Congratulations, you found about the worst way to judge the talent on a team.

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

If you're not willing to lick the boot, then really why are you in politics lol? Everything is a cycle of just getting stomped on so why do you want to lose to it over and over, just submit like me, I'm very intelligent.
How has attendance been in Miami for the past few years? Miami is a notoriously fickle sports city,. Attendance went way south for Cleveland when they were doing bad, and I don’t think they’ve fully recovered. I can’t imagine that it would be an easy thing to fill that stadium back up if attendance crashes.

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Democrazy posted:

How has attendance been in Miami for the past few years? Miami is a notoriously fickle sports city,. Attendance went way south for Cleveland when they were doing bad, and I don’t think they’ve fully recovered. I can’t imagine that it would be an easy thing to fill that stadium back up if attendance crashes.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/attendance Mediocre according to that link, but I heard there were tons of Patriots fans there.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

tua will fix miami

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Diva Cupcake posted:

NE
5 | 3 | 6 | 4 | 5 | - | 6 | - | 1 | 7 | 6 | 2

That's been crafted over the years to feature guys who massively outplay their draft positions, and the average still looks higher. For Miami it's just whoever's left over

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I know I'm late on this but gently caress ESPN for that Darnold graphic. Why are they trying to humiliate the kid for no loving reason? Are they that loving incompetent?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

mcmagic posted:

I know I'm late on this but gently caress ESPN for that Darnold graphic. Why are they trying to humiliate the kid for no loving reason? Are they that loving incompetent?

how are you holding up, mcmagic?

Nov 6, 2002

He has mono. Probably from banging Jets groupies. It's pretty funny.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

He has mono. Probably from banging Jets groupies. It's pretty funny.

Your team is trotting out a rapist.

Nov 6, 2002

Yeah, but that's not funny. I know without a sense of humor it's hard to understand the difference.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Yeah, but that's not funny. I know you don't have a sense of humor so it's hard to understand the difference.

I don't see how ESPN trying to humiliate a 22 year old kid who has an illness is funny.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Darnold is an adult with a career that invites public scrutiny and he’s derailed an entire nfl team’s season because he kissed one too many jets fans.

If that’s not worthy of a bit of mockery than we’re more doomed than I thought.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Ehud posted:

tua will fix miami

My son

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

ketchup vs catsup posted:

Darnold is an adult with a career that invites public scrutiny and he’s derailed an entire nfl team’s season because he kissed one too many jets fans.

If that’s not worthy of a bit of mockery than we’re more doomed than I thought.

There is a difference between Pats and Bills fans making GBS threads on him or the Jets on a message board or on twitter and ESPN, one of the NFL's main partners, using their contracted air time to try to humiliate him and the team. BTW it's very possible to get Mono without kissing anyone...

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Mcmagic about other young qb: JE SUCKS HES BAD HES TERRIBLE LMAO

Mcmagic when something funny happens to darnold: how dare anyone make fun of him for this tragedy

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I wish Darnold had leukemia. Then we can be all lol Jets leukemia is funny.

imo

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Raku posted:

My son

I'm totally bought in. nothing can change my mind

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

this whagon has no breaks

Nov 6, 2002

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

The lack of self awareness of people who choose to root for the scumfucks, cheaters, criminals and white nationalists in New England will literally never be not surprising to me. Just the worst and most disgusting examples of humanity.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

mcmagic posted:

The lack of self awareness of people who choose to root for the scumfucks, cheaters, criminals and white nationalists in New England will literally never be not surprising to me. Just the worst and most disgusting examples of humanity.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

^^
The yankees literally just dropped him from the roster in the post you're linking....

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

mcmagic posted:

agreed

agreed

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Darnold missing games because of mono is a light-hearted, hilarious football development.

It sucks for Jets fans that spent the offseason waiting to watch him in year two, but for the rest of the league, it is insanely funny and the ultimate Jets thing.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

fsif posted:

Darnold missing games because of mono is a light-hearted, hilarious football development.

It sucks for Jets fans that spent the offseason waiting to watch him in year two, but for the rest of the league, it is insanely funny and the ultimate Jets thing.

Again, it's funny for shithead Bills and Pats fans who just want to "LOL Jets" as usual and I would expect nothing less. ESPN putting memes on their air making fun of him is completely inappropriate.

LightReaper
May 3, 2007

I wanted Darnold to succeed this year, and I hope his return galvanises them somewhat. The schedule gets easier for the jets down the line, right?

Cool to know im a shithead though, best warn my wife.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

mcmagic posted:

Again, it's funny for shithead Bills and Pats fans who just want to "LOL Jets" as usual and I would expect nothing less. ESPN putting memes on their air making fun of him is completely inappropriate.

I can assure you fans of other teams are laughing at it as well.

He's shooting to be back by like week five. If a silly ESPN graphic about it is going to cause such a commotion, I have bad news about the types of things that appear near the counter of bodegas around here.

Nov 6, 2002

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

fsif posted:

I can assure you fans of other teams are laughing at it as well.

He's shooting to be back by like week five. If a silly ESPN graphic about it is going to cause such a commotion, I have bad news about the types of things that appear near the counter of bodegas around here.

You can't take a step back for a second and be honest enough to recognize that there is a difference between what randoms put on twitter, message boards or shirts that are sold on the street and what ESPN, who is one of the NFL's biggest business partners puts out in a licensed national broadcast?