Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

drrockso20 posted:

Numbani is another one that really sucks

Also whoever at Blizzard decided that a partial capture can be a way to win is an absolute dildo and I'd love to smash their kneecaps with a shovel if I had the opportunity

Be glad they changed it from the time when your enemy could get 0.3% of a cap and win through that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

drrockso20 posted:

Also whoever at Blizzard decided that a partial capture can be a way to win is an absolute dildo and I'd love to smash their kneecaps with a shovel if I had the opportunity

goddammit i missed opposite day again

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

I like most maps, but 2cp is just a bad mode.

If I ranked all the maps, all the 2cp maps would be at the bottom. Volskaya is the best one though. I don’t mind it too much.

BallisticClipboard
Feb 18, 2013

Such a good worker!

drrockso20 posted:

DRAW DRAW DRAW DRAW DRAW DRAW DRAW DRAW but it goes on for infinity.

Getting rid of the all or nothing cap and getting rid of that coin flip overtime thing are the best things that happened to the game.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

BallisticClipboard posted:

DRAW DRAW DRAW DRAW DRAW DRAW DRAW DRAW but it goes on for infinity.

Getting rid of the all or nothing cap and getting rid of that coin flip overtime thing are the best things that happened to the game.

Honestly I'd rather a game end in a draw than the enemy team win in such a bullshit fashion

Also add Route 66 on Attack as another that is poo poo

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
https://kotaku.com/overwatch-comes-to-switch-next-month-1837868458
Now you can play Junkrat on your Gameboy Color

e:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSED4gIxEbQ

turtlecrunch fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Sep 4, 2019

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
it makes sense. They have the same demographic (30+ year olds).

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
I'm so excited to play Tracer in Smash

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
Overwatch characters being ported to other games is great. I'm complete garbage at Genji in Overwatch but I'm regular garbage at Genji in Heroes of the Storm!

Also I enjoy Smash Bros (the game, not the community), so I'd 100% be down for Genji and other characters being in a Smash Bros game. Admittedly haven't played any since Brawl, but they're fun games.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
There's already enough anime dudes in smash, give us Roadhog or Rein

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

I can't imagine it would be anyone but Tracer; SSB always uses the flagship character from a series, and that's her.

But I also figure that if there was an OW character in Smash, they'd take the opportunity to announce that character alongside the port.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

prom candy posted:

There's already enough anime dudes in smash, give us Roadhog or Rein

Junkrat

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

Hammond would be the best smash character.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
I could actually see them adding an Overwatch stage. It could even be a moving stage where you have to fight on the payload

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

I could actually see them adding an Overwatch stage. It could even be a moving stage where you have to fight on the payload

This stage would result in so many self kills/sudden deaths.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Overwatch, but it's a 2D fighter nvm this already exists

esports magazine
Aug 23, 2019

page 83: NERF THIS! 6 hot new Irelia builds to make him SWEAT!

wanjeon joh-a! new meta! douyu's future superstar, today!
:potg:
you can already play smash in overwatch workshop, was only a matter of time until you could play overwatch in smash

esports magazine
Aug 23, 2019

page 83: NERF THIS! 6 hot new Irelia builds to make him SWEAT!

wanjeon joh-a! new meta! douyu's future superstar, today!
:potg:
https://twitter.com/i/status/1169586153772568576

this is a good joke

this is a GREAT joke

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

I appreciate how they consider Reaper's 8-shot ammo count too

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

So my friend got me back into this after a couple of years of not playing. Which healer would be easiest to pick up?

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

Tagichatn posted:

So my friend got me back into this after a couple of years of not playing. Which healer would be easiest to pick up?

Moira was my gateway drug into healing.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Moira owns and her VA accurately represents what playing a healer feels like.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
It will take a lot to topple Moira as my favourite, both as a character and for gameplay. Hugely satisfyingly to go "Fine, *I'll* do it" and penta-gold. And again, here voice work reflects this perfectly.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

megane posted:

her VA accurately represents what playing a healer feels like.

This... I like this.

Also it's true. Baptiste's voice lines are also great but mechanically he's much tougher.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lucio, Ana and Baptiste are probably the hardest healers to get good at imo

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

flakeloaf posted:

This... I like this.

Also it's true. Baptiste's voice lines are also great but mechanically he's much tougher.

i havent played much but i like playing baptiste the best when i go healer. jumping up on a high ledge and raining healing grenades down on your dudes is pretty effective and the immortality field helps alot if you toss it into giant clusterfuck. his weapon is good too but its tough to find an opening where i can take a few potshots without jeopardizing the rest of my team.

Splinter
Jul 4, 2003
Cowabunga!

ASenileAnimal posted:

his weapon is good too but its tough to find an opening where i can take a few potshots without jeopardizing the rest of my team.

You can actually fire his M1 without slowing down the M2 fire rate. So if you can position so that you can see your team and some enemies/shields, you can hold down both buttons and flick between friendlies and enemies. There's a rhythm to it, but it takes some practice.

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

Splinter posted:

You can actually fire his M1 without slowing down the M2 fire rate. So if you can position so that you can see your team and some enemies/shields, you can hold down both buttons and flick between friendlies and enemies. There's a rhythm to it, but it takes some practice.

:vince: im on ps4 but ill give this a try

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
Ana is challenging but super fun. Hitting a good anti-nade is so satisfying, as is keeping someone in a duel alive from across the map. Sleeps are fun too, especially if you can interrupt a big ult.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

I really want to punch in the face every moron I've dealt with lately who uses Widowmaker or Ana on Attack(and to a lesser extent Hanzo), the fact that Blizzard doesn't consider "an unwillingness to switch Heroes" a form of Gameplay Sabotage is absolutely idiotic, especially since it often is basically one of the things they do consider Gameplay Sabotage(Feeding to be specific)

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

drrockso20 posted:

I really want to punch in the face every moron I've dealt with lately who uses Widowmaker or Ana on Attack(and to a lesser extent Hanzo), the fact that Blizzard doesn't consider "an unwillingness to switch Heroes" a form of Gameplay Sabotage is absolutely idiotic, especially since it often is basically one of the things they do consider Gameplay Sabotage(Feeding to be specific)

I agree and will raise you one: I think unwillingness to communicate in a team based game is a form of gameplay sabotage. To anticipate the counterpoint: I think getting lovely in chat is a form of gameplay sabotage too.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Ana can work on attack tho?

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
Yeah Ana's not bad on attack

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Widowmaker is too

Also, keep it to the whining thread mate

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Wildtortilla posted:

I agree and will raise you one: I think unwillingness to communicate in a team based game is a form of gameplay sabotage. To anticipate the counterpoint: I think getting lovely in chat is a form of gameplay sabotage too.

I actually agree on that too, in a perfect world it would be a requirement to have a mic to be able to play online

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Ana can work on attack tho?

prom candy posted:

Yeah Ana's not bad on attack

The Clowner posted:

Widowmaker is too

Also, keep it to the whining thread mate

Hypothetically they can, but in practice it usually doesn't work that well(partly because they usually refuse to switch Heroes even after it's apparent that it's really not going to work)

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

I really hate the current shield tank based meta

And then people rolling loving hanzo and plinking at an orisa shield in front of a Sigma shield doing fuckall

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

drrockso20 posted:

the fact that Blizzard doesn't consider "an unwillingness to switch Heroes" a form of Gameplay Sabotage is absolutely idiotic

consider also that they actively encourage it what with how ults work

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Sockser posted:

I really hate the current shield tank based meta

And then people rolling loving hanzo and plinking at an orisa shield in front of a Sigma shield doing fuckall

I play a lot of Junkrat, and you'd think it'd be a character specially made to break shields but it's starting to feel futile. Rein's shield I feel like I can deal with but Orisa gets hers back SO fast and Sigma's shield seems similarly resilient, it's starting to feel like a losing battle. Orisa's is by far the worst though, she can plop a new one down in the time it takes to destroy her first one. You can't make any progress against it.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Yeah it seems like you just have to roll a Junk/Pharah and get behind the shields or maybe genii/tracer and just dash through but that feels futile and I’m bad at them

So I’ll just keep picking junkrat and try to flank the shields as best I can to little avail and then just go back to death match where I don’t have to deal with that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
I have played close-range junk to deal with shield meta.
does a lot better than just plunking at shields hoping to drop 1 of the 2/3/4 shields in your way.