Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Updated Nega-Zone Nightmare to fix a few issues, and submitted to the sheet.

9XL-30M-PRF

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gnome Enthusiast
Jan 7, 2007

The skies are always sunny in the heart of flavor country.
The Water Tower - CFB-R2J-HSF - I realized a while back that I wanted this to be a cloud stage but oops you can't have water on cloud stages. Alas.

Salastine
Nov 4, 2008
It's been a while, hasn't it?
Fire Emblem and Remnant have kept me away from making and playing but I'm back with two new courses.

Stormy Shipyard:
ID: T8B-J3V-T7G

Bowser Jr. has docked his supply fleet at a nearby shipyard, infiltrate the ships and take as much as you can before defeating the young Koopa.

Gravity Grotto:
ID: HPR-N2G-PVG

A popular tourist destination is about to close its doors permanently, enter and experience it for the last time but be sure not to dawdle, as the effects of the cave soon become permanent.

I'll return to playing and putting comments on peoples levels soon, I'm still all the way back on page 128.

Salastine fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Sep 17, 2019

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Level list for tonight's stream at 6 PM PDT/9 PM EDT

Stream link: https://www.twitch.tv/onemoretimegfsn

1. Ski Resort to Violence
By: Suspicious Cook MH5-CP0-D1G

2. SMV 6-1 Bone-Dry Dunes
By: Dark Lich TD8-XNK-6XG

3. MSS: Forward Processing Plant
By: Tonberi WHC-3WN-KJF

4. SMV 6-2: Thwomp Ruins II
By: DarkLich W56-10W-6GF

5. Rainy Ride
By: Gnome Enthusiast 5DC-939-XXG

6. SMV 6-3 : Forgotten Fleet
By: DarkLich P45-J8X-WLF

7. Thwompin' Around
By: Ignoranus K2P-BPN-FRG

8. Rule #2: Douple Tap
By: May Contain Nuts RMX-DQ1-FKF

9. Stormy Shipyard
By: Salastine T8B-J3V-T7G

10. The Water Tower
By: Gnome Enthusiast CFB-R2J-HSF

11. Gravity Grotto
By: Salastine HPR-N2G-PVG

12. SMV 6-B: Skyward Smash
By: DarkLich T2R-JT3-0HF

We'll do some random acts of Mario as well, to fill out the rest of the time. If you have any levels you'd like me to play tonight, throw them in the thread and if I see them before stream, I'll add them to the list!

OneMoreTime fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Sep 17, 2019

Ignoranus
Jun 3, 2006

HAPPY MORNING

OneMoreTime posted:

7. Ignoranus's level

We'll do some random acts of Mario as well, to fill out the rest of the time. If you have any levels you'd like me to play tonight, throw them in the thread and if I see them before stream, I'll add them to the list!

Oh, this is actually entitled "Thwompin' Around". I'm now watching your previous stream and feeling preemptively embarrassed about it, but also I'm trying to make a new level that isn't terrible so maybe I'll have something more interesting for the next time around.

Somehow I really enjoy playing these levels but whenever I try to actually make one, I just feel so uninspired - then I check out other peoples' levels and realize just how uninspired I am :smith:

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Ignoranus posted:

Oh, this is actually entitled "Thwompin' Around". I'm now watching your previous stream and feeling preemptively embarrassed about it, but also I'm trying to make a new level that isn't terrible so maybe I'll have something more interesting for the next time around.

Somehow I really enjoy playing these levels but whenever I try to actually make one, I just feel so uninspired - then I check out other peoples' levels and realize just how uninspired I am :smith:

Thanks for the correction. I bet your stage will be just fine, not every stage has to be the most creative thing around, sometimes it good to just play a Mario level, y'know?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

OneMoreTime posted:

5. Rainy Ride

7. Thwompin' Around

9. Stormy Shipyard

10. The Water Tower

11. Gravity Grotto

I made a level to submit to Beard Bros (hence why I didn't put it in the thread). (SBB) Rocket Barrel Bros. 5S9-MLR-HNF. It's a rocket barrel level which I have made surprisingly little of so far

Gnome Enthusiast
Jan 7, 2007

Plumber's Delight - KNN-HN3-M0H My tradition of reusing a gimmick in a slightly different fashion continues. Please understand.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

I just got an alert that the game will be down for maintenance an hour from now.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

J-Spot posted:

I just got an alert that the game will be down for maintenance an hour from now.

This is a direct attack on OneMoreTime

Gnome Enthusiast
Jan 7, 2007

J-Spot posted:

Did I put too many pipes in my new stage, Nintendo?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

They are bringing it down to add more lag to multiplayer.

Thanks Doug

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Macaluso posted:

This is a direct attack on OneMoreTime

Those goddamn monsters! Well, uh, Stream to be delayed until...a time? Anyone know how long maintenance lasts typically?

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

OneMoreTime posted:

Those goddamn monsters! Well, uh, Stream to be delayed until...a time? Anyone know how long maintenance lasts typically?

Looks like it’s scheduled until 8 pacific.

May Contain Nuts
Sep 12, 2007

but still delicious
Chat assisted level making?

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Gonna take a couple hours to get all those Super Mario Bros. 2 assets loaded up. :unsmigghh:

Gnome Enthusiast
Jan 7, 2007

Too Shy Guy posted:

Gonna take a couple hours to get all those Super Mario Bros. 2 assets loaded up. :unsmigghh:

They're finally adding Chargin' Chuck.

tonberi
Oct 17, 2003

Gnome Enthusiast posted:

They're finally adding Chargin' Chuck.

Just increasing the bowser limit from 3 to 10, and splitting bowser jr. and bowser so they're counted individually.

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

J-Spot posted:

Looks like it’s scheduled until 8 pacific.

Welp! No stream tonight in that case, so I'll play those levels Thursday instead.

I'll try to do a make-up stream Sunday, or something?

EDIT: If they do stealth put in Chargin' Chuck all is forgiven.

Rhythmancer
Jun 5, 2004
Mr. Saturn
MSSS (Mario Solar System Submission) incoming!

MSS: Abductor Fleet
FLN-KW4-YPG

There's a giant crater on this moon? Planet? Investigate the facility in the crater and launch yourself up to the fleet orbiting above.

I was aiming for an easy-to-moderate night sky autoscroller. There are plenty of moles but in the night sky theme's low grav they move a bit slower and shouldn't be too tough to deal with. This level would be best right before a factory/fortress type level as there are lots of captured koopas throughout and kind of a "OMG dry bones at this facility!" reveal at the end.

Hope you like it!

tonberi
Oct 17, 2003

Rhythmancer posted:

MSS: Abductor Fleet
FLN-KW4-YPG

This was indeed fun, and I like the way the moles behave in low g making it easier to get up to those high ships! My one complaint with this stage was there wasn't any secret thing hidden at the top of the pipe, but otherwise it was a great stage!

Gnome Enthusiast posted:

Plumber's Delight - KNN-HN3-M0H

Thank you for being the reason Nintendo brought everything down, I will hate you if you tell me there's a secret pipe entrance hidden somewhere in this level. Seriously though, great use of the gimmick, each room was an excellent progression from the previous and good fun!

edit: There are secret pipe entrances, you mad man!

quote:

The Water Tower - CFB-R2J-HSF

I don't hate water stages, but usually don't enjoy them. I kept trying pipes and dying to bloopers, and yet had a lot of fun with this one? Inexplicable, but I liked it a lot.

May Contain Nuts posted:

Rule #2: Double Tap RMX-DQ1-FKF

I think I cleared this the intended way, interesting puzzle!

Ignoranus posted:

Thwompin' Around - K2P-BPN-FRG

This is way better than the first thing I uploaded. My only advice would be to put the key door exit on the ground so I don't have to run through it again, but maybe that was intentional? Good stuff!

Salastine posted:

Stormy Shipyard:
ID: T8B-J3V-T7G

Gravity Grotto:
ID: HPR-N2G-PVG

I hadn't played any of your other stages yet, but now I have and am glad you're back at making! These were both fun, especially Gravity Grotto, which was a very friendly upside down course.

DarkLich posted:

SMV stuff

I also had yet to play any SMV stages, but really liked world 6. I might just be bad with forest and poison, but I thought your world 5 stages were a little more difficult? Really awesome themeing and challenges throughout each stage, please don't stop making these!

People who I didn't quote posted:

More Stages

Really good stuff!

My daughter really likes the helicopter powerup from new u, so I made a rather dangerless course for her to play around with it, and as I have been doing recently, have included a more challenging B route that's an attempt to make something fun with the helicopter, and also a skytree. Everyone loves skytrees, right?
Koopa's Sky Playground - M39-LJ5-BSG

tonberi fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Sep 18, 2019

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I started playing a bunch last night and was commenting on them and then accidentally closed the tab and erased all the comments so if I played your level just know that I had opinions about them, good and bad :v:

I am making one special mention:

After a few minutes of being :wtf: in one of the stages, I was like "wait a minute..." and double checked who made it. May Contain Nuts: I need to pay attention to the username when I go through the thread, and maybe skip over yours because every single one of them I have gotten completely stumped at what I'm supposed to do, and Double Tap is no different :v: I am not smart enough for your puzzles

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
I thought I'd try my hand at an infinite checkpoint/themed challenge level since I hadn't made one before. I give you:

Kamek's Magicworks
FX9-HX1-MDG

tonberi
Oct 17, 2003

Suspicious Cook posted:

Kamek's Magicworks
FX9-HX1-MDG

My only issue with this stage is, I wish you had put one last red coin and maybe a one way by the key door for safety so you don't have to do it all over again if you somehow die after grabbing the 4th coin. Otherwise, very nice job!

Edit: I noticed a few softlock issues and made a few cosmetic and contraption changes to my MSS stage, here is the new code:
T2T-113-4LG MSS: Forward Processing Plant
Light platforming and puzzle solving as Mario thwarts the enemy's front line Koopa Conversion Facility. Plenty of secrets scattered throughout, and if you're a pro enough player, you can save the Koopas from prison! Saving koopas requires one shell jump, and if you wish to practice your shell jumps, there is a helpful pipe spewing mushrooms within range of another helpful pipe spewing koopas to shell jump off of :)

tonberi fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Sep 19, 2019

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I was kind of wondering why I have no drive to really play this when I enjoyed playing MM1 a lot (as in actually play, I'm fine creating things here and there) and I think it's just that there's so many gimmick stages that feel the same.

Like nobody just makes normal rear end Mario levels - even poor ones most of the time. It's always on/off block spam or some other gimmick. Sometimes I want to just do some carefully placed platforming and it feels like there just isn't a lot of that. Least from a lot of stages I've played so far

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I was kind of wondering why I have no drive to really play this when I enjoyed playing MM1 a lot (as in actually play, I'm fine creating things here and there) and I think it's just that there's so many gimmick stages that feel the same.

Like nobody just makes normal rear end Mario levels - even poor ones most of the time. It's always on/off block spam or some other gimmick. Sometimes I want to just do some carefully placed platforming and it feels like there just isn't a lot of that. Least from a lot of stages I've played so far

For the most part I've just been playing goon levels because the "hot" and "new" and "popular" queues are so full of garbage and gimmicks I don't particularly enjoy, but just yesterday I found a pubbie maker in the hot queue with a ton of quality levels I'd describe as hard but fun, right to my personal tastes. Most of the levels are right in the 5-10% sweet spot of clear rate.

(though keep in mind the courses labelled "Special" are a good deal more difficult than the regular ones)

NV6-2BF-MCG is their ID

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Hey hi! Let's try this again. Hopefully Nintendo doesn't have a weird server update this time tonight. Here's the level list for tonight's stream at 6 PM PDT/9 PM EDT

5. Rainy Ride

7. Thwompin' Around

9. Stormy Shipyard

10. The Water Tower

11. Gravity Grotto

13. (SBB) Rocket Barrel Bros.
By: Macaluso 5S9-MLR-HNF

14. Plumber's Delight
By: Gnome Enthusiast KNN-HN3-M0H

15. MSS: Abductor Fleet
By: Rhythmancer FLN-KW4-YPG

16. Koopa's Sky Playground
By: Tonberi M39-LJ5-BSG

17. Kamek's Magicworks
By: FX9-HX1-MDG

18. MSS: Forward Processing Plant
By: Tonberi T2T-113-4LG

OneMoreTime fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Sep 19, 2019

tonberi
Oct 17, 2003

OneMoreTime posted:

Just so you know, I took this one down when I re-uploaded it, so this code will not work. #18 is correct, though! I really enjoyed all of the stages you'll be playing tonight, hope you do too!

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

tonberi posted:

Just so you know, I took this one down when I re-uploaded it, so this code will not work. #18 is correct, though! I really enjoyed all of the stages you'll be playing tonight, hope you do too!

Ha, I thought I had seen that stage already, somehow missed it on my quick scan of levels. Thanks for pointing it out!

blakyoshi
Feb 17, 2011
I had a bad idea, and then committed to it long enough to upload an entire level.

Fish In A Starry Sky
5BD-SJQ-BGF

Inspired by some of the harder levels in SMB1.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Where the gently caress is the play online with friends update. Maybe they're bundling it with a lot more. I need that bookmark feature to return too and then I'll start playing all of these wonderful goon levels. I'm not manually entering codes for each one.

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Going live in 15 minutes!

https://www.twitch.tv/onemoretimegfsn

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

And stream complete! Thanks as always for a good set of levels everyone.

VOD: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/483775045

Levels played:

5. Rainy Ride

7. Thwompin' Around

9. Stormy Shipyard

10. The Water Tower

11. Gravity Grotto

13. (SBB) Rocket Barrel Bros.
By: Macaluso 5S9-MLR-HNF

14. Plumber's Delight
By: Gnome Enthusiast KNN-HN3-M0H

15. MSS: Abductor Fleet
By: Rhythmancer FLN-KW4-YPG

16. Koopa's Sky Playground
By: Tonberi M39-LJ5-BSG

17. Kamek's Magicworks
By: FX9-HX1-MDG

18. MSS: Forward Processing Plant
By: Tonberi T2T-113-4LG

=Random Acts of Mario
#101 Going Galaxy
By: RandomStranger WB1-251-XKF

#633 Big Bully’s Mountain Chase
By: The Awesomesaurus 6W9-R3K-PMF

#370 Buzzy Buddies
By: Somethingawful WGH-G8K-XDF

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

SeANMcBAY posted:

Where the gently caress is the play online with friends update. Maybe they're bundling it with a lot more. I need that bookmark feature to return too and then I'll start playing all of these wonderful goon levels. I'm not manually entering codes for each one.

yeah i've hit a bit of a natural stopping point what with Fire Emblem and now Link's Awakening but as soon as DLC drops i will come running back like a dog returneth to his own vomit

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
I'll be back eventually. I got super burned out after seriously having 10+ levels in progress fizzle out and not amount to anything—plus friends talked me into starting a new Minecraft realm, and you know how that goes.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

I finally got an idea for an MSS course so I'm gonna get to work on that, but in the meantime I remembered I had this thing that I hadn't uploaded. This particular sky fortress is locked up tight, so you'll have to take the low road and all its tricky jumps.

Beneath the Behemoth: 125-G8G-3YG

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Alright time to make an MSS level

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Rollersnake posted:

I'll be back eventually. I got super burned out after seriously having 10+ levels in progress fizzle out and not amount to anything—plus friends talked me into starting a new Minecraft realm, and you know how that goes.

...I have been seriously considering getting back into Minecraft HARD, knowing how much that would cut into Mario Maker time. So I totally know the feeling.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

OneMoreTime posted:

...I have been seriously considering getting back into Minecraft HARD, knowing how much that would cut into Mario Maker time. So I totally know the feeling.

I have it for Switch (which is about the 3rd or 4th platform I've owned it on) and aside from not being able to use any mod you want, though you CAN buy resource packs, it's my favourite version. Can't beat playing on huge realms, portably!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Still love multiplayer versus, but I wish there was a way to filter out the garbage enemy spam 3D World levels.