Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

zegermans posted:

good thing you lost your foot instead of your hand

ah hah hah hah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hurt Whitey Maybe
Jun 26, 2008

I mean maybe not. Or maybe. Definitely don't kill anyone.
nathan j robinson has been “faking” a British accent since he was 5 when he moved from England to the US, I’m willing to give it to him since I otherwise like his opinions and magazine

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames

Ace of Baes posted:

if you don't understand why it's ridiculous and you should make fun of it imagine he was doing a fake Italian accent

that would actually be more tolerable

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Halloween Jack posted:

He's gone the Bond villain route, not the comic book villain route. He's far too Ivy League for that.

English nobility wear capes! They also walk around with canes and other assorted chicanery

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Victory Position posted:

English nobility wear capes! They also walk around with canes and other assorted chicanery

Just ask Jacob Rees-Mogg, who cosplays as one constantly.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

congrats to Trudeau for being the fourth Cum Boy
https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1174693142597165056?s=20

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Hell yes

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/maplecocaine/status/1174841849636360203?s=20

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

Hurt Whitey Maybe posted:

nathan j robinson has been “faking” a British accent since he was 5 when he moved from England to the US, I’m willing to give it to him since I otherwise like his opinions and magazine

yeah i was gonna ask if he had spent any time there or had family that spoke in a thick accent. it's really easy to pick up a twang when you're surrounded by it

Serf
May 5, 2011

quote:

"Nathan realized early on that people love listening to a British accent. It gives you this air of authority that Americans seem to like," his mother, Rosemary Robinson, tells me when I reach her on the phone in Florida.

his faked accent... does not achieve this

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

man I am really behind on Canadian news if they're up to three separate blackface incidents for one PM

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Shakenbaker posted:

man I am really behind on Canadian news if they're up to three separate blackface incidents for one PM

quote:

A video that resurfaced on Thursday shows Justin Trudeau in dark makeup in the third instance of blackface by the Canadian prime minister to emerge in less than 24 hours.

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

so that's just what he does, isn't it? he puts on his blackface, goes to parties, and does his "falling down the staircase" party trick

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

need a True Anon ep to see if the Mounties are ensnaring Canadian politicians into black mail rings by hosting blackface parties

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

A third tin of shoe polish has hit the Trudeau.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

He's not wearing blackface, he just got done making passionate love to the Alberta tar sands

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

oh noooo

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Atrocious Joe posted:

need a True Anon ep to see if the Mounties are ensnaring Canadian politicians into black mail rings by hosting blackface parties

Jordan Peterson is the Epstein of Canada. Do you really think someone like that could be considered an "intellectual authority on masculinity" if he didn't frequently host blackface parties in his private chalet?

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
listened to the new citations needed w njr, it was pretty good despite his accent, also funny part before/when he says San Francisco where he drops it completely then picks it back up lol

Serf
May 5, 2011

listened to the newest episode of david harvey's anti-capitalist chronicles and geez he sounds rough now

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Ace of Baes posted:

listened to the new citations needed w njr, it was pretty good despite his accent, also funny part before/when he says San Francisco where he drops it completely then picks it back up lol
It's a good episode.

There are two major problems with Pundit Brain that I wish they'd explicitly highlighted. First, it's lazy and cowardly--no one watching your network will accuse you of bias for referencing major polls. Second and more importantly, referring to polls or even election results as proof of the public's political will assumes that they reflect some free marketplace of ideas that doesn't exist.

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Serf posted:

listened to the newest episode of david harvey's anti-capitalist chronicles and geez he sounds rough now

I thought the same thing, especially because of the transition from the pre recorded intro. I hope he just has a cold :ohdear:

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

Serf posted:

his faked accent... does not achieve this

he sounds like HBomberguy to me

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer
robinson is like a failed clone of william f buckley (that's a compliment, more or less)

if he doesn't get nightly visits from the chain-rattling ghost of christopher hitchens warning him not to turn into a right-wing contrarian dipshit in middle age, he should

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

https://twitter.com/willmenaker/status/1175133908444360704?s=20

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer
to me Robinson's accent made me think more of Thurston Howell III from Gilligan's Island than anything else

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

cant believe a metal gear solid fan is annoyed be dialogue getting repeated back all the time

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

I'd say they could have at least waited longer after Nick rolling in the Shane Gillis poo poo including his "the chinks are mad" Tweet but if they put sensible distance between themselves and every one of his controversies it would be infinity days until he came on

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Chapo interview with the author of the book about how Manson was a CIA asset was decent, reminded me more of a War Nerd ep.

lol that it took a few minutes to get him to admit that maybe the US actually did use biological weapons in Korea, and that captured US troops weren't brainwashed. US imperialism is a hell of a drug. You can believe the CIA is literally running serial killer cults, but the US committing war crimes still seems a bit fringe.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Atrocious Joe posted:

Chapo interview with the author of the book about how Manson was a CIA asset was decent, reminded me more of a War Nerd ep.

lol that it took a few minutes to get him to admit that maybe the US actually did use biological weapons in Korea, and that captured US troops weren't brainwashed. US imperialism is a hell of a drug. You can believe the CIA is literally running serial killer cults, but the US committing war crimes still seems a bit fringe.

This is why Radio War Nerd is "great" because they go over all the war crimes in painstaking detail

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
I will say that, having listened to the first two parts of RWN's series on the years of lead as well as the chapo interview, there are a lot of parallels between the infiltrated Red Brigades and the Manson Cult. Not the least of which is that both were credited with heinous murder(s) which caused huge blowback for their respective left wing movements.

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

AnEdgelord posted:

This is why Radio War Nerd is "great" because they go over all the war crimes in painstaking detail

For real. After the most recent RWN episode about Puerto Rico I downloaded War Against All Puerto Ricans and it's been...illuminating.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
speaking of, was there a new RWN this week?

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer
No, and I've been jonesing with all the poo poo popping off in the middle east. the most recent newsletter was about it, but I crave more

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

just listen to the iran invasion scenarios episode again

evergreen content!

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Gripweed posted:

Yeah, UBI just by itself would lead straight to Judge Dredd world.

Actually the welf is merely an effect of their hellworld where the vast majority of labor has been automated away not the cause of it

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
One day y'all will learn not to compare things to dredd

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

will universal healthcare end blockwars??

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
No new episode this week from the Epstein podcast that is pro-pedophilia. I didn't bother with the last one because, while it focused on Ghislaine Maxwell, it didn't really have anything useful to it. They still framed it as a real life Handmaid's Tale, even directly dropping the title, and treating Jeffrey as some flamboyant schemer who wormed his way into the inner circles of power. The only real things of note from the episode is that they basically claimed that Ghislaine helped Jeffrey because she has a terminal case of daddy issues and that Robert Maxwell absolutely just fell off his boat, it's a conspiracy theory to believe it was suicide (which is the only other option). Fun aside, the main guest was a british guy who spent a considerable amount of time pointing out how ridiculous it is that Americans think people with British accents are smart and sophisticated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

MizPiz posted:

No new episode this week from the Epstein podcast that is pro-pedophilia.

What?