Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

foobardog posted:

Let's be fair, bottom tier is premium content under capitalism too.

Nah that part is the main game, so it's the part you pay $50 for up front yet it's only like 4 hours long, full of advertising, and takes every opportunity to nag you to buy the DLC for the ~full self-actualization experience~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Also if you try to play it online with other people all that happens is you lose repeatedly while getting called a failure and a bunch of slurs by a white kid with like $500 of character DLC bought for them by their rich parents

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

The white kid is the koch brothers you see

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)
All fair points. Perhaps gamers should rise up after all...

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

foobardog posted:

The revolution will not be televised.

It will be streamed on twitch.tv! Remember all Amazon Prime members get a free sub! Support your favorite streamers and the revolution!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

foobardog posted:

We live in a society but it's a subscription.

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on

crimedog posted:

Pet rent is why I don't have a pet 😕

Back a ways, but I was thinking just recently how bullshit pet deposits are. I feel like a system that doesn't completely benefit landlords would do things differently.

I'm probably a dummy, but I think the process should be something like this:

1. You move in to an apartment, pets aren't even loving mentioned
2. In the event that you move out, the landlord has to go through the apartment and determine whether you had a pet or not
3. If they can't prove it based on damage or anything, you don't pay them extra for the pet
4. And no this doesn't mean you pay for damages because they find a stray cat hair

My current landlord hasn't fixed a ceiling leak that will soak my bed if I'm not home to set a bucket down or something. There are a couple other spots that will leak onto carpet too. Basically if it rains, I'm either at home surveying every 20 minutes or I'm not at home wondering how bad the leaking will be. I can't do anything because he can just provide an invoice which says he's "tried" because roofers have come out multiple times and somehow not fixed it.

I had to tell him about the pet because he was going to come inside while I was at work to look at the leaking spots inside with a roofer.

I'm not paying him extra for the pet.

I've lived here for four months and it's been a problem since moving in.

Every apartment I've rented in the last 3 years has had a severe problem like this.

I'm depressed af.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
A lot of Gen Zers aren't growing up with pets because nobody allows them anymore

BrokenGameboy
Jan 25, 2019

by Fluffdaddy
Don't worry, capitalism has a solution to sell you.

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Ghost Leviathan posted:

A lot of Gen Zers aren't growing up with pets because nobody allows them anymore

Lol millennials all have pets because nobody can have kids anymore, you’re telling me the zoomers don’t even get pets??

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

The zoomers are even more hosed by the economy than the millennials, and right now the earliest of them are entering their early-mid 20's.

They/we (I'm in the disputed area) are also the gayest generation since we started looking for "homosexuality" in it's modern form in generations. (So like four.)

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ghost Leviathan posted:

My apartment complex has an extra fee per-pet (my realtor pretended one of my cats didn't exist when we filed the paperwork) and literally everyone in the building owns a pet of some kind. It's a loving grift.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
lol feed every landlord into a lovely woodchipper

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

T-man posted:

The zoomers are even more hosed by the economy than the millennials, and right now the earliest of them are entering their early-mid 20's.

They/we (I'm in the disputed area) are also the gayest generation since we started looking for "homosexuality" in it's modern form in generations. (So like four.)

we're all gay cause the good birth control is too expensive without insurance

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Larry Parrish posted:

we're all gay cause the good birth control is too expensive without insurance

Up the bum no babies is just as true today. Some things will never change.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/MilitaryTimes/status/1174102539798818816

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

lol if you aren't just outright lying to your landlord

Hurt Whitey Maybe
Jun 26, 2008

I mean maybe not. Or maybe. Definitely don't kill anyone.
been living in the same place for 3 years and around year 1 I just brought a cat in to the apartment and didn’t tell anyone and I know they would have wanted a pet deposit

but eat poo poo landlord company, never brought it up with them and never paid a deposit and my cat has been wrecking poo poo

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

My landlord said no cats but my cat said no landlords

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
My cat said 'Mao' and I knew what had to be done.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

why the gently caress should pet rent or 'pet damage' charges even be a loving thing

people can and do damage places way worse than pets in the first place lol

obviously gently caress landlords

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

lol obviously the volunteer military is propped up by the poor and the Sanders agenda will probably destroy our armed forces for this reason alone and the empire will crumble

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/Prestige_T/status/1174415349929824256

hmm starting to think uber bad

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

surcharge for dumbass custom fonts

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

T-man posted:

Kids These Days were convinced by political correctness run amok!!! to be trans and get gay abortions and post on tumblr twitter about their various gender oozes and all of those things makes old/fash people really REALLY mad and that's great.

Though it makes me wonder, what thing will young people be doing in like 40 years when I'm an old that I'm gonna think is taking things too far and get real mad about I wonder :allears:

(j/k none of us will be alive that long)

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

So basically this:

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

It's gonna be how we treat robots and early AI/chatbots.

In my day, I used to watch robots fight to the death on the television. The show was called Battlebots, and we would watch it as a family every week, cheering for the destruction!

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Day Man posted:

In my day, I used to watch robots fight to the death on the television. The show was called Battlebots, and we would watch it as a family every week, cheering for the destruction!

Now we watch BenshapirBot debate itself in real time on TV

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Day Man posted:

In the future watching Star Wars is going to be as awkward and uncomfortable as watching an old blackface movie.

"Oh so to you we're all shiny and effeminate and the way we talk sounds like nonsensical beeping, is that right fleshbag?"

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

A blade runner did get my sister N3.11, and meaty's on the moon off-world colonies

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Can't wait for Deus Ex to be more real than it already is.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

T-man posted:

Can't wait for Deus Ex to be more real than it already is.

Maybe you should try getting a job

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Shame Boy posted:

In the future watching Star Wars is going to be as awkward and uncomfortable as watching an old blackface movie.

"Oh so to you we're all shiny and effeminate and the way we talk sounds like nonsensical beeping, is that right fleshbag?"

"All those humans yakking it up in chromeface and they couldn't find one robot actor?"

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)

Shame Boy posted:

Kids These Days were convinced by political correctness run amok!!! to be trans and get gay abortions and post on tumblr twitter about their various gender oozes and all of those things makes old/fash people really REALLY mad and that's great.

Though it makes me wonder, what thing will young people be doing in like 40 years when I'm an old that I'm gonna think is taking things too far and get real mad about I wonder :allears:

(j/k none of us will be alive that long)

Actually a weird possible trend might be a bit of a pushback against horny on main, contrasting with I feel Millennial and Xer lgbtq wanting to be more "gently caress you, I'm being sexy in front of your dumb straight faces". But I'm probably just reading Twitter Discourse tea leaves.

In summary it's sort of a conflict between people who remember a time before corporate pride and those who think that's the norm. (But I'm old and biased and dumb.)

Outside of queer things, my money is on animal rights, especially as people make the tie between meat and the environment.

rump buttman
Feb 14, 2018

I just wish I had time for one more bowl of chili

snoo posted:

why the gently caress should pet rent or 'pet damage' charges even be a loving thing

people can and do damage places way worse than pets in the first place lol

obviously gently caress landlords

what gets me is how they can depreciate carpets on taxes and carpets/paint are non durable goods that need to be replace in general building maintenance

whomever or whatever is doing the wearing of the goods

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Evilreaver posted:

Maybe you should try getting a job

Je suis owned

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

T-man posted:

Je suis owned

What a shame

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

rump buttman posted:

what gets me is how they can depreciate carpets on taxes and carpets/paint are non durable goods that need to be replace in general building maintenance

whomever or whatever is doing the wearing of the goods

protip: if your apartment gets sold to a property management company, instead of cleaning your carpet when you leave, roll it up and throw it in a landfill

feller
Jul 5, 2006

foobardog posted:

Actually a weird possible trend might be a bit of a pushback against horny on main, contrasting with I feel Millennial and Xer lgbtq wanting to be more "gently caress you, I'm being sexy in front of your dumb straight faces". But I'm probably just reading Twitter Discourse tea leaves.

In summary it's sort of a conflict between people who remember a time before corporate pride and those who think that's the norm. (But I'm old and biased and dumb.)

Outside of queer things, my money is on animal rights, especially as people make the tie between meat and the environment.

I do not understand a single sentence in this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
Same, really.