Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Ichabod Sexbeast posted:

Not unless coke benders make you obsessively do ab crunches it isn't
Are you seriously suggesting that a Thomas caricature wouldn't be wildly inaccurate? :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
He's got the dicknose down perfectly.

chestnut santabag
Jul 3, 2006

Corbyn is slenderman? I'm not quite sure what the metaphor for him is meant to be saying...

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Rebecca Hendin on Boris Johnson's trip to Luxembourg – Concerns have been raised that the Luxembourg prime minister’s humiliation of Boris Johnson will harden negotiating positions in London" After KC Green.

Telegraph:

Antony Gormley review – metal master puts a bomb in the RA

Matt:

Jeremy Corbyn: I’ll stay neutral and let the people decide on Brexit

Independent:

Inappropriate for judges to intervene in prorogation, says government lawyer

Times:

Jo Swinson urges Lib Dems to fight populists 'for heart and soul of Britain'

Evening Standard:

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... Lib Dems' Brexit blocking

Jrbg
May 20, 2014

Corbyn, with the famously long eyes, so expertly caricatured by Blower

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Cloud Potato posted:

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... Lib Dems' Brexit blocking

Noted white man Chuka Umunna

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

frankenfreak posted:

Noted white man Chuka Umunna

It's an improvement on Mac drawing black people in loin cloths and with bones through their noses imo :/

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Maybe he thinks he's one of the good ones.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I feel dirty for having written that.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
He can only do two skin tones, lily white and no longer allowed on jam jars.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Guavanaut posted:

He can only do two skin tones, lily white and no longer allowed on jam jars.
:perfect:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Jo Swinson's speech at Lib Dem conference – Announcing she was appearing before delegates “as your candidate for prime minister” Swinson used her first conference speech as leader to renew attacks on Boris Johnson and Jeremy Corbyn"

Telegraph:

Brexit: Juncker calls for 'operable proposals in writing' from UK

Matt:

Cameron asked Queen to 'raise eyebrow' during Scottish independence referendum – video

Independent:

Jeremy Corbyn: I’ll stay neutral and let the people decide on Brexit

Times:

Evening Standard:

Labour to review language of Tony Blair's clause IV amendment

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... Unholy goings-on in church

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I am utterly lost as to what that Rowson is trying to communicate.

Ditto the Thomas, but for different reasons.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
"They wille haven singing and clapping of handes in chirche nexste, I saye." - Thomas Paul, 1650

chestnut santabag
Jul 3, 2006

Corbyn is trying to walk a fine tightrope of balancing of the middle ground between the two nonsenical extremeist positions of unilateral undemocratic revokation by Swinson and Mad Brexit Hellworld by Big Brain Geniuses Johnson and Cummings. Essentially he's being a genuinely sensible centrist with a position that accommodates everyone and thus being slated for it by the person who was calling for the exact same thing as him only a few weeks prior.
I am not sure what the knotted arms and legs are meant to mean - this is probably meant to be a similar metaphor to Rowson's previous comic where Corbyn's arms and legs are long and twisted for which I also had no idea what the meaning was meant to be. The only thing I can think of is that Corbyn's arms (and legs???) are being twisted to get him to play along. Either that or he is getting hobbled somehow? Rowson has previously depicted Corbyn as being reluctant to adopt the second referendum position so having his arms twisted to finally go this route would be consistent with his depictions of him.

Mu.
Sep 15, 2003

The thing about Forevereal Modding Mu is that he loves editing files and wants others to download his permanent mods. Fully editing, rich text, altering files and loving it. Download his mods and enjoy it.

chestnut santabag posted:

I am not sure what the knotted arms and legs are meant to mean - this is probably meant to be a similar metaphor to Rowson's previous comic where Corbyn's arms and legs are long and twisted for which I also had no idea what the meaning was meant to be.
https://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/tie+himself+into+knots

chestnut santabag
Jul 3, 2006

Oh thanks, that makes much more sense.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Corbyn is trying to walk a fine tightrope of balancing of the middle ground between the two nonsenical extremeist positions of unilateral undemocratic revokation by Swinson and Mad Brexit Hellworld by Big Brain Geniuses Johnson and Cummings. Essentially he's being a genuinely sensible centrist with a position that accommodates everyone and thus being slated for it by the person who was calling for the exact same thing as him only a few weeks prior.
I am not sure what the knotted arms and legs are meant to mean - this is probably meant to be a similar metaphor to Rowson's previous comic where Corbyn's arms and legs are long and twisted for which I also had no idea what the meaning was meant to be. The only thing I can think of is that Corbyn's arms (and legs???) are being twisted to get him to play along. Either that or he is getting hobbled somehow? Rowson has previously depicted Corbyn as being reluctant to adopt the second referendum position so having his arms twisted to finally go this route would be consistent with his depictions of him.

Oh, I see what was confusing me, I thought he was somehow hanging off a tree branch while trying to walk a tightrope and Swinson was threatening to cut the branch down

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Dabir posted:

Ditto the Thomas, but for different reasons.

I assume Thomas has just learnt about this:
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-kent-49162116

chestnut santabag
Jul 3, 2006

Dabir posted:

Oh, I see what was confusing me, I thought he was somehow hanging off a tree branch while trying to walk a tightrope and Swinson was threatening to cut the branch down

I think the axe refers to when she was an mp in the coalition government voting for austerity.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Tory prime ministers invading the news – Downing Street put out ‘misleading’ statements about the prorogation of parliament and published excuses for Boris Johnson’s five-week suspension of the Commons that are ‘not the true reasons’, the supreme court has been told by a lawyer for the former prime minister John Major"

Telegraph:

Start of Rugby World Cup in Japan

Matt:

Thomas Cook: plans made for biggest UK peacetime repatriation

Independent:

'The NHS has been destroyed': Boris Johnson confronted by father of sick child

Times:

Evening Standard:

Global climate strike: Greta Thunberg and school students lead climate crisis protest – live updates

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... Cameron's royal indiscretion

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

MREs - They're whats for breakfast, lunch AND dinner !

Oh thanks, that makes much more sense.

Also this, possibly: https://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/an+axe+to+grind

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the climate crisis and Brexit – Tens of thousands of people in Britain have joined millions protesting across the globe"

Telegraph:

Matt:

The radical proposals that Labour will debate in Brighton

Independent:

After Landseer.

Times:

Stephen Collins:

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there
Am I going to regret asking why Abbott is drawn with her mouth open?

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there
No ring. 2/10

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Rust Martialis posted:

Am I going to regret asking why Abbott is drawn with her mouth open?

if she had her mouth closed you could tell that the artist had just given her sambo lips

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"Labour's Brexit deal explained – A confused red unicorn trots off to party conference in Brighton"

Sunday Telegraph:

Independent on Sunday:

Tom Watson: Labour ditches vote on abolishing deputy leader role

Sunday Times:

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Some huge brainworms on display at the Indy there.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Brainworms all over, they've reiterated the plan over and over again and all these cretins can come back with is "... So are you Remain or Leave?"

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

SteelMentor posted:

Brainworms all over, they've reiterated the plan over and over again and all these cretins can come back with is "... So are you Remain or Leave?"

It's the Limmy Yes or No sketch but with Brexit

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
liberals gonna liberal

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Brian Adcock on infighting at the Labour conference – The party’s annual get-together was marred by a senior adviser quitting and rows over Brexit policy"

Telegraph:

Wales’ first-half blitz ensures victory over Georgia in Rugby World Cup :toot:

Matt:

Thomas Cook collapses, stranding 150,000 UK holidaymakers

Independent:

Times:

Labour deputy row: how move against Watson nearly became a full-scale split

Evening Standard:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the collapse of Thomas Cook – Frustrations mount as thousands of holidaymakers left waiting in airports around the world"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Independent:

Corbyn defeats bid by activists to campaign for remain at election

Times:

Evening Standard:

Johnson's suspension of parliament unlawful, supreme court rules

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on… Thomas Cook

David Squires:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Boris Johnson's suspension of parliament – PM repeats condemnation of supreme court ruling that prorogation was unlawful"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

After Tenniel.

Evening Standard:

Jrbg
May 20, 2014

Blower is so loving poo poo

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the failure of Boris Johnson's favourite bus-maker – ‘Boris bus’ maker Wrightbus collapses the day after the government is defeated in the supreme court"

Telegraph:

Matt:

PM branded a disgrace after he says best way to honour Jo Cox is to deliver Brexit

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... Boris Johnson and his former model

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Boris Johnson's inflammatory language – The prime minister has declined to apologise for his language about Jo Cox and ducked a Commons debate on inflammatory rhetoric"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

Champagne smash for Sir David Attenborough polar ship

Evening Standard:

White House tried to cover up Trump's Ukraine conversation, whistleblower alleges

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... Boris Johnson's 'humbug' jibe

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

fuckin hell Thomas that's dire

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Didn't even attempt to get the hair right.

What's the Times a reference to? I'm having trouble even parsing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chestnut santabag
Jul 3, 2006

The research ship Sir David Attenborough was supposed to be named via internet poll except the winning candidate was "boaty mcboatface" and yeah. They instead used the winning name for one of its submersibles.