Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
That just makes me sad because she must have a learning disability or something and the dude made fun of her :/

I'm going to take a wild guess here and suggest that the girl taking ONE class a semester is probably already pretty torn up about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Smirking_Serpent posted:

WIBTA if I outed my atheist husband to his very religious mother?

The kid is totally going to out them on the fact that they don't go to church but yeah why not. Just go ahead and blow it up now. Unless the mother is loaded and willing to cut them out of the will it's not like they have anything to lose from cutting her out.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

I can read the estranged parents forum post in my head right now.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

quote:

ETA: I don't think people are reading past the title...the only reason I would tell her that we're BOTH atheists but I didn't make him that way is so that she would treat me better.

This lady is really dumb if she thinks this is a possible outcome, rather than both them being treated like poo poo. Might as well lean into it and say you're homosexual antifa muslim abortion providers and everything else Fox News tells the mom to hate.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

Taima posted:

That just makes me sad because she must have a learning disability or something and the dude made fun of her :/

I'm going to take a wild guess here and suggest that the girl taking ONE class a semester is probably already pretty torn up about it.

She could just be a trustafarian rear end in a top hat? I'm pretty sure I dated the male version of her for awhile. Last I heard his parents had bought him a second house in portland while he made attempt #3 at community college. They had to get the second house you see because the first one wasn't in a cool enough location.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

I don't know, one single class per semester at a real college? And then they sit on the phone crying saying how hard it is? It could be a trustafarian but drat that's just sad even for someone trying to coast.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Smirking_Serpent posted:

So we have a three year old daughter who's very receptive to people's emotions and I don't want her to pick up on the fact that I can't stand being around my very religious, anti-Muslim, xenophobic, homophobic, atheist-hating mother-in-law.

Are you sure?

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

Coredump posted:

Falling Down with Michael Douglas https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0106856/

Oh yeah!! Great film.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Tythas posted:

AITA for throwing out my roommates non-vegan food?
|

Boyfriend is a dick but lol at trying to force somebody paying half the rent to only eat specific things.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

DrManiac posted:

Boyfriend is a dick but lol at trying to force somebody paying half the rent to only eat specific things.

Seems like not being a dick about something you agreed to moving in is pretty easy

Shasta Orange Soda
Apr 25, 2007
It's an unreasonable thing to ask a roommate to agree to in the first place. If I'm paying for half the space in the fridge, you don't get to dictate what goes there.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

truly incredible how "my house my rules" still overrides all other considerations even when it's literally not your house

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

(25-26 M) ISO Computer Science Nerd (21-31 F)

quote:

Hello fellow Reddit users:

PSA: If this is the wrong thread I apologize

I am a single straight Reddit user that is trying to get advice on how to find other Computer Science nerds for dating/relationships/etc. I have really no other qwerks about me aside from maybe watching animated cartoons and gaming on old consoles. So far my luck has been low (especially on dating apps/sites) and I am trying to find advice from anyone successful here from a situation like mine. Please and thank you in advance.

TL;DR: How to find fellow single computer science females

Well, your first problem is pretty clear...

:females:

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
There is nothing interesting about me at all

How do I get :siren: f e m a l e s :siren: to mate with me?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Is there a secret trick?

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

The only situations I can think of where a roommate dictating something like that is if somebody was super allergic to a food. Maybe it might be a reasonable ask if vegan guy footed 100% of the food bill

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

cumshitter posted:

This lady is really dumb if she thinks this is a possible outcome, rather than both them being treated like poo poo. Might as well lean into it and say you're homosexual antifa muslim abortion providers and everything else Fox News tells the mom to hate.

I think it's a maturity thing, but it's sometimes stunning to me how many people on the internet think they can logic their way out of situations driven by emotion. As though the provenance of the atheism really is going to make a MIL like a DIL any more. Even non-crazy mothers tend to dislike the women their sons marry, even if they don't think they'll burn in hell or whatever.

Having said that, the husband is being a wimp for not standing up to mommy.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

LadyPictureShow posted:

What is a computer science nerd exactly? Is he really into geeking out over algorithms, or is it a pretentious way to call yourself a gamer?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

What is a computer science nerd exactly? Is he really into geeking out over algorithms, or is it a pretentious way to call yourself a gamer?

Probably somebody getting a computer science degree

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

womb with a view posted:

Pages ago but for the love of god tell me what this is from, it's twigging a vague notion of familiarity in some degraded part of my brain

Falling Down?

kru
Oct 5, 2003

The Guardian posted:

My partner and I have been very much in love for about seven years. Early on, she told me about a man she had met briefly, years earlier, to whom she felt a sexual attraction unlike anything she had experienced before. Nothing happened, so it stayed an unexplored fantasy.

A year ago they met again by chance, and the chemistry was (she explained) instantly electric. We had a frank discussion about her desire for him, which resulted in her taking him to bed one afternoon for what she described as the best orgasm she had ever experienced. This was followed by weekly lunchtime sex (at my apartment in London).

Soon afterwards, my partner and I decided to live together, and her lover began to visit our place once or twice a week. The challenge, for me, was to recognise that the chemistry she had with him was no threat to her love for me. I could not ask her to forgo such enjoyment (he is 20 years younger than me, 15 years younger than her, so there is a huge difference in the pleasure she gets from each of us). I recognised that the problem was mine, not hers.

We interact comfortably and they feel unselfconscious about showing their mutual attraction in my presence. I enjoy seeing their foreplay or hearing them having noisy sex in the spare room – not as a matter of eroticism, simply two people having a good time.

She would not want me to have the same, and so I remain happily monogamous. Through honesty, openness and trust, we have found the formula for a perfect model relationship.

'She would not want me to have the same' with the broken back from all the heavy lifting

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

DrManiac posted:

The only situations I can think of where a roommate dictating something like that is if somebody was super allergic to a food. Maybe it might be a reasonable ask if vegan guy footed 100% of the food bill

A kosher or hallal home? Jain? Shinto? Sikh? Hindu?

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

kru posted:

'She would not want me to have the same' with the broken back from all the heavy lifting

That sounds like it was written with a gun knife at his back.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

WrenP-Complete posted:

A kosher or hallal home? Jain? Shinto? Sikh? Hindu?

most religions say not to impose your dietary restrictions on non members

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Probably somebody getting a computer science degree

He's asking about advice for meeting women and doesn't mention he's a student?

Actually, that sounds about right with the rest of the post.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

hawowanlawow posted:

most religions say not to impose your dietary restrictions on non members

I am Jewish, and while we don't believe in generally imposing our dietary restrictions on non-members, we feel differently about them bringing food into our homes. I have Sikh family members who feel the same way. I would never bring alcohol to my Sikh family members' homes. If I had it in my car or something, I would not ask them to store it in the fridge for me.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

WrenP-Complete posted:

I am Jewish, and while we don't believe in generally imposing our dietary restrictions on non-members, we feel differently about them bringing food into our homes. I have Sikh family members who feel the same way. I would never bring alcohol to my Sikh family members' homes. If I had it in my car or something, I would not ask them to store it in the fridge for me.
Yeah, but what if you lived there? You'd just never enjoy a cold beer again at home?

Dr. Video Games 0135
May 20, 2003

That's gonna be a zoinks from me, Scoob

kru posted:

Cuck Shack Story pt II

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

It means he's a computer toucher but he hasn't actually learned any marketable skills, so he's mixing a real, professional title with what he is.

So yeah, the latter.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
The answer is easy for computer science nerd. Do literally anything else besides watching anime and playing video games for fun. Also, stop acting like studying computer science is your defining characteristic.

ParserGirl
Jun 3, 2005

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Someone who will never ask him for any kind of personal growth or expect he put any kind of effort into a relationship.

Just like "I want a gamer girl" means "I want someone who loves to watch me play and will never complain about being treated badly."

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

LadyPictureShow posted:

Dear Reddit, how do I get a female to do what I want? Do I shake her?

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

I [19F] was just informed of my boyfriend's [19M] multiple personalities. Please help. [new]
submitted an hour ago by Biased24

quote:

We've had our theories about him potentially having more than one self but he just confirmed it with me and I don't know what to do. They say they basically share the body, and that there is at Least 3 that are talkative but most likely more that they can't communicate with or just don't want to. We have my boyfriend, a younger version of himself that hates me because I hate kids and then what appears to be an off shoot of himself or someone completely different that's been around for at least a few years.

My boyfriend is the love of my life. I've been with him through more than you Can imagine. Homelessness, being disowned, multiple hospital visits and inpatients.

And I can go through a lot just for us. Rehab every 4 or so days for his chronic pain condition. Sure thing I don't mind if I have to push him on a bike to get there.

But with this. I just don't know. I've spoken to both I'm and what seems like the other dominate personality who picked out the name echidna because I asked him to find the date of a five cent australian coin and he now cherishes it as his most prized possession. Me and my boyfriend pegged his age at between 13-16. You know fortnight, billie Ellish, dabbing And being mute.

I've told them all if it isn't my boyfriend I don't want a sexual or romantic relationship and they can have the bed whole my boyfriend isn't piloting.

They seem to get headaches when they switch, they somewhat share memories. One likes to use his cane and the other hates it.

I feel so alone. Even with my boyfriend I feel like I'm being watched by the others. I hate it. I don't feel like I have privacy in my home. When it's echidna I feel sick. I feel unsafe because someone I don't know or want in my house is sitting next to me. And I don't know what to do. As I've said I'd give anything for my boyfriend and he'd do the same but this might just be too much for me to handle.

I know having multiple personalities isn't inherently a bad thing nor does it make him dangerous. But I just get those feelings. It's so weird.

I want help. I just feel like my world has flipped.

tl;dr: turns out boyfriend has multiple personalities. I don't know if I can deal with it.

She appears to be dumb enough to fall for this performance, and is arguing in the comments.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

LadyPictureShow posted:

*Spends extra time to type up a post in typical pretentious nerd language, even capitalizing Computer Science for Emphasis*

*Spells “quirks” wrong*

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Motronic posted:

I [19F] was just informed of my boyfriend's [19M] multiple personalities. Please help. [new]
submitted an hour ago by Biased24

She appears to be dumb enough to fall for this performance, and is arguing in the comments.

You left out the best part!

quote:

I should also say he set up a discord server to track the switches and for any undiscorverd personalities to introduce themselves. He also tracks it or leaves notes for the others.

Annette xyzzy
He's incredibly full of poo poo.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib

LadyPictureShow posted:

Not the right emote, he clearly says ISO not ROM.

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet

LadyPictureShow posted:

You left out the best part!

r/relationships: he's incredibly full of poo poo

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
AITA for letting a kid (5) ruin a white carpet and not helping clean up?

quote:

I'm a handyman. My sister wanted her son's bedroom repainted, and a border put up. The room isn't very big and they picked out a self adhesive border. The whole thing wouldn't take more than one afternoon, so I said if she gets the supplies then I'll do the whole thing for free. I did say that I only had 4 hours at most, as I had another client afterwards.

I went over yesterday to paint it. It was a bright red matte paint. The hallway has a white carpet. My sister owns the flat they live in, so she paid to have the carpet put in when they moved in 6 months ago.

I finished the painting and the paint was drying, and then I went about attaching the border to the wall, which required both hands so it would sit flat. While I was doing this Nephew came in. My sister was on the other side of the flat so I yelled out to her.

Me: Nephew's in here! Get him out before he touches the paint.

Sister: Just tell him to leave!

Me: I have both hands occupied, you need to come get him.

Sister: He won't do anything.

Me: Fine. (I turned back to nephew, who was very close to where I'd left the paint trays) Be careful, you're about to step in the paint.

Nephew grinned at me and immediately jumps into the tray of paint, laughing.

I winced and told him to stay where he was, which was on the protective sheet I'd put down.

Me (to Sister): Nephew just stepped in paint! Come get him before he ruins the carpet!

Sister: I'll bring something to rinse him off, tell him to stay there.

Me: Stay there. I'm serious.

Nephew immediately takes off running, out the door and onto the white carpet. I couldn't follow him without messing up the border, so I just called out for my sister to stop him. My sister used her scary mum voice to stop Nephew in his tracks, but he'd already put down a dozen prints.

I finished up the border and left the room within a few minutes of hearing my sister stop Nephew, and saw her on the floor applying carpet spray. I went out to my van, put my stuff away, and grabbed a slightly stronger cleaner I kept in case of emergencies, and brought it back inside and told her to use this instead, then I started to leave.

Sister: Where are you going? I need help cleaning this up.

Me: I have a client. Use the stuff I gave you. It'll work wonders.

And then I left for my actual paying client. She texted me this morning saying "your spray didn't do poo poo, there's giant pink spots everywhere. I can't believe you didn't even try to stop him or help me, I'm going to have to get a new carpet now."

She reached out to my parents, telling them what happened and asking for help paying for a proper cleaner to come in or to replace that patch of carpet. They messaged me telling me that as this was my fault, I should contribute. Unclear if my sister asked them to or not.

AITA for 1) not stopping my nephew and 2) not being willing to pay to fix it?

I Was The Fury
Oct 19, 2012

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

AITA for letting a kid (5) ruin a white carpet and not helping clean up?

Definitely the rear end in a top hat. As has been established in the past, all non-parent adults are responsible for any actions taken by a child that is in the nearby vicinity. He needs to turn himself into the police for war crimes against my white carpet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

augias
Apr 7, 2009

"he wont do anything" lol. Hes a five yr old, he'll do anything and everything you dont want them to do.