Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Gripweed posted:

Could Pete be the Biden to O'Rourke's Klobuchar? Only time will tell.

I want to make a variation of this using Booker, Castro, Marianne, and Steyer but I'm just not seeing it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

GreyjoyBastard posted:

oh, i get it, the joke is that elizabeth warren is not a threat to bernie and mayor butt is even less

Op is wondering if Pete is gonna divebomb Warren like tulsi did to kamala

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Op is wondering if Pete is gonna divebomb Warren like tulsi did to kamala

All she has to do is ask him about those tapes on a national stage

drawkcab si eman ym
Jan 2, 2006

How does Sen. Warren gain on Biden by 10 percentage points?

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

mediaphage posted:

All she has to do is ask him about those tapes on a national stage

Warren will be too flustered by having to answer directly on the subject of Medicare. "Look, Trump is a scary guy ok!"

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Judakel posted:

Warren will be too flustered by having to answer directly on the subject of Medicare. "Look, Trump is a scary guy ok!"

Medicare? More like Med-I-Care...about you! Vote Warren!

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Just because the one you're trying to help doesn't like it or even like you doesn't change the fact that you're trying to help them. And Warren's literal oft-repeated stated goal is to save Capitalism from itself, which still would leave the 1% on top, except the rest of us get some more table scraps.

Of course this doesn't loving work, because as mentioned the 1% are an insatiable and stupid beast, so they'd immediately start trying to undermine and dismantle everything that Warren would accomplish, and in like 20 years or so we'd be right back to where we started unless climate death has claimed us all by then. So the only way to get lasting improvement is to remove not only money but also power from the upper classes, and you don't do that by tinkering with the system that ensures they'll get all of both eventually. You need a mass working class movement to force the upper classes to give back all that they've stolen from us, and as we all know there's only one candidate who's even trying to do something like that.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

drawkcab si eman ym posted:

How does Sen. Warren gain on Biden by 10 percentage points?

Biden forgetting Obamas name was a -2% loss
Biden telling the world black kids need to be filled with white music was at least a -4% loss
Biden telling the world poor kids are just as good as white kids was at least a -4% loss

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

https://twitter.com/feraljokes/status/1174736582265511945?s=19

https://twitter.com/bernieplus/status/1174917339189399554?s=19

(cue jokes about the Jeremy Renner app)

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

https://twitter.com/WillieGeist/status/1175009760686608384?s=20

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

Can't wait til he backs up all his uber progressive claims with a Biden endorsement.

https://twitter.com/michaelkruse/status/1175015079408033793?s=19

No candidate gives me more whiplash between liking and hating them than Beto.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Yeah no poo poo Bill

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
Who?

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

bowser posted:

Can't wait til he backs up all his uber progressive claims with a Biden endorsement.

https://twitter.com/michaelkruse/status/1175015079408033793?s=19

No candidate gives me more whiplash between liking and hating them than Beto.

Ugh just loving run for senate again Beto. This ain’t your time either.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

mediaphage posted:

He’s clearly not going to do it. Schumer tried to recruit him and got rebuffed, and now look what he’s saying about Schumer.

Beto is just a bad politician.

Luckyellow
Sep 25, 2007

Pillbug

mediaphage posted:

At this point, he can't run for Senate. He ruined so many chances and constantly said he's running for president, if he does decide to join the Senate race, nobody will vote for him. After all, he just turned his back on Texas and only came back when he couldn't hack it on a national stage.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

mediaphage posted:

The bridge is well and truly burned.

Luckyellow
Sep 25, 2007

Pillbug

Captain_Maclaine posted:

The bridge is well and truly burned.

Especially right after El Paso, he rebuffed everyone. There's no coming back from that.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

I know, I know. He’s just so entitled and not ready for this poo poo. Oh! I said poo poo! Like Beto! He curses in public! Beto’s such a dreamy rebel.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
From our friends at the Washington Post:
https://twitter.com/rachsieg/status/1174294273585569793
:suicide:

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i know it's missing the forest for the trees but those aren't selfies.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
At this point it should be obvious that Beto not running for anything would be a good thing, because the man clearly has no political instincts whatsoever. Hopefully he fucks off into some obscure grifting job or something.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Cerebral Bore posted:

At this point it should be obvious that Beto not running for anything would be a good thing, because the man clearly has no political instincts whatsoever. Hopefully he fucks off into some obscure grifting job or something.

He's going to be running for president in 2020. Not on a third party platform or anything like that, he'll just go around telling people about his campaign and mysteriously appear on the debate stage during the general.

Mellow Seas
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Groovelord Neato posted:

i know it's missing the forest for the trees but those aren't selfies.

It’s hard to make out the perspective but it seems like that’s a news photo of the woman on the left taking a selfie, hence the phone in the foreground.

But in any case, everyone knows that every photo taken by ~millennials~ is automatically a selfie.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Mellow Seas posted:

It’s hard to make out the perspective but it seems like that’s a news photo of the woman on the left taking a selfie, hence the phone in the foreground.

you're probably right in that case.

https://twitter.com/jackallisonLOL/status/1175035433157156864

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

He had the second shortest run out of everyone that has dropped out so far with even Gravel lasting longer

Mellow Seas
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Oh snap, I even went to the trouble of clicking through to the article and somehow didn’t see any other pictures. Those are, decidedly, someone else-ies.

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

https://twitter.com/IsaacDovere/status/1174677820234244096?s=19

Honestly, I can't say I disagree with this. Way too many debates with too many candidates getting asked lovely questions with barely any time to respond. I kind of prefer the Town Hall format despite the obvious plants in the audience.

I would recommend Bernie starts skipping some of these debates but that would give the press even more reasons to pretend he's not running at all.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

That does it, she’ll totally lose the nom over slang misuse

In re above: honestly I don’t pay attention to debates unless there’s like three people up there. Nobody gets enough tome to show off actual positions in a way I care about.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Working class person: Bernie will you take a selfie with me?

Bernie:

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

bowser posted:

https://twitter.com/IsaacDovere/status/1174677820234244096?s=19

Honestly, I can't say I disagree with this. Way too many debates with too many candidates getting asked lovely questions with barely any time to respond. I kind of prefer the Town Hall format despite the obvious plants in the audience.

I would recommend Bernie starts skipping some of these debates but that would give the press even more reasons to pretend he's not running at all.

But if the DNC didn’t have all the debates the Bernie people would complain about their being too few debates and declare the system rigged. Which is much worse than the actual state of affairs, where Bernie people complain about not having enough debates and say the system is rigged.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

the problem is allowing people who have absolutely no shot on the stage. it's made for some good moments but it was a joke allowing anyone polling outside the top 5 on stage.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Ogmius815 posted:

But if the DNC didn’t have all the debates the Bernie people would complain about their being too few debates and declare the system rigged. Which is much worse than the actual state of affairs, where Bernie people complain about not having enough debates and say the system is rigged.

Why do you choose to be this dishonest.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Groovelord Neato posted:

the problem is allowing people who have absolutely no shot on the stage. it's made for some good moments but it was a joke allowing anyone polling outside the top 5 on stage.

Yeah I can see the first debate being big to give someone a shot at their message. But it’s been a clown car ever since. We’re doomed.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Wicked Them Beats posted:

She's evasive because she doesn't want to publicly commit to something her wealthy donors haven't signed off on. Not because she just can't figure out the right phrasing.

:chloe:

That ain't it.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Chilichimp posted:

:chloe:

That ain't it.

It absolutely is. Or she’s a bumbling dolt before a slight breeze, pick your poison.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

the dreaded bottomless pinnochio

Office Pig posted:

It absolutely is. Or she’s a bumbling dolt before a slight breeze, pick your poison.

Or... and I can't stress this enough... it's exactly what it appears to be?

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

What has she done to earn the benefit of a doubt?

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Groovelord Neato posted:

Agree; this poo poo is so tiring. Nobody liked the republicans doing it last time either. I don’t understand the point of letting a bunch of people who aren’t consistently polling above 5% to get up there from the get-go (and lol TulsiG going to Fox News to complain about it). The debates are there to winnow the field, not elevate the unknowns into the public eye:

Marianne williamson posted:

“I am a serious woman, and I have had a serious career. Why won’t people take me seriously?”

It’s not because you’re a Christian, despite what you might think - Obama went to church, lady. It’s because you say things like vaccines are Orewellian and depression’s a scam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Chilichimp posted:

the dreaded bottomless pinnochio

An opportunist riding off a popular plan like Booker and Harris absent any real substantive support for the sake of milking the rubes. Yes, you seem to be correct.