Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

Feral Integral
Jun 6, 2006

YOSPOS

i wonder how many birds are disappearing from south america lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
cats are bad for birds but birds need bugs, and bugs are hurting even worse than birds. no one cares.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
That insect decline study was rubbish.

They may be declining, but that study didn’t prove it.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Platystemon posted:

You say that as if you’re unironic about yard trees replacing forest trees.

what the gently caress does unironic mean

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Peanut President posted:

what the gently caress does unironic mean

https://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php?act=3&topicid=2122

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Platystemon posted:

That insect decline study was rubbish.

They may be declining, but that study didn’t prove it.

There have been a lot of studies about insect decline, I don't care which one was specifically in vogue long enough to get some popsci articles. Insect decline, overall, in North America, is a matter of fact.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Pick posted:

There have been a lot of studies about insect decline, I don't care which one was specifically in vogue long enough to get some popsci articles. Insect decline, overall, in North America, is a matter of fact.

Is this real though or are they just getting more advanced and wearing skin suits? Could it be possible that Trump is just half a million cockroaches caked in fake tan?

Serf
May 5, 2011

Inceltown posted:

Is this real though or are they just getting more advanced and wearing skin suits? Could it be possible that Trump is just half a million cockroaches caked in fake tan?

i saw mimic too and it didn't end well

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

why not just say serious? in which case no I'm not serious about the yard tree thing

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

Peanut President posted:

why not just say serious? in which case no I'm not serious about the yard tree thing

language is complex thing, and the reasons why we choose certain words over other words that mean approximately the same thing is a varied web of history, culture, audience, and individual preferences.

anyways welcome to being human. if you'd like to explore this topic in greater detail you can do other human things like look at wikipedia for too long until you get distracted by food or YouTube.

Lucid Nonsense
Aug 6, 2009

Welcome to the jungle, it gets worse here every day

Paramemetic posted:

Now there's a benefit to your employees that helps them pay off their loans!

No, not more money of course not lmao

What's the countdown until employers offer to take on their employee's debt?

This has probably already been an app.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Lucid Nonsense posted:

What's the countdown until employers offer to take on their employee's debt?

This has probably already been an app.
What if employers offer to pay the debt in exchange for a term of service? Also breaking your contract means jail time.

I call if Sirf.

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

quote:

1,000 Amazon employees plan walkout Friday, saying company's climate pledge isn't enough

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/19/business/amazon-employee-climate-change-walkout/index.html

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

Gareth Gobulcoque posted:

language is complex thing, and the reasons why we choose certain words over other words that mean approximately the same thing is a varied web of history, culture, audience, and individual preferences.

lol use of 'unironic' is revealing of someone so steeped in sarcasm that they forgot sincerity exists

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Peanut Butler posted:

lol use of 'unironic' is revealing of someone so steeped in sarcasm that they forgot sincerity exists

do you mean ironic use of unironic or unironic use thereof?

Food Boner
Jul 2, 2005
:unsmith:

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Gareth Gobulcoque posted:

tommy lee jones: "i don't care"

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

russia could use an infrastructure week.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

uh, obviously

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5ykNZl9mTQ

Food Boner
Jul 2, 2005

:smith:

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Tubgoat posted:

The Sacs were followed by a series of presidential coins and they show no signs of stopping. Trump of all people landed himself on currency. How. The gently caress. About. That.

drat it I loved dollar coins and it's been impossible to get them for years now what the hell

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

SardonicTyrant posted:

What if employers offer to pay the debt in exchange for a term of service? Also breaking your contract means jail time.

I call if Sirf.

Indentr

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

Inceltown posted:

perhaps you've encountered some of these insects in your community,
displaying both their predatory and defense characteristics,
while imbedded within the walls of flesh
and passing for what is commonly recognized,
as human

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

SniperWoreConverse posted:

drat it I loved dollar coins and it's been impossible to get them for years now what the hell

Another poster has brought it to my attention that they stopped at Reagan. :(

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Tubgoat posted:

Another poster has brought it to my attention that they stopped at Reagan. :(
He killed the economy so it makes sense he'd kill the money too

Feral Integral
Jun 6, 2006

YOSPOS

Kept hearing about that blink182 guy and the alien footage or something so i searched youtube for 'fighter jet alien footage' to see that video again and holy poo poo when did youtube become like this with all the results for poo poo being lousy with news corps? These are the results for pages:

I also tried in a private window to try and prevent my previous searches from affecting the results. poo poo is disgusting and dystopic

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Feral Integral posted:

Kept hearing about that blink182 guy and the alien footage or something so i searched youtube for 'fighter jet alien footage' to see that video again and holy poo poo when did youtube become like this with all the results for poo poo being lousy with news corps? These are the results for pages:

I also tried in a private window to try and prevent my previous searches from affecting the results. poo poo is disgusting and dystopic

The good news is it's only U.S. news corps. Meaning you can still emigrate to Canada or wherever and get away from this specific insanity. In a way. In theory.

The internet makes you stupidTM

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Feral Integral posted:

putting every top result as a checkmarked news corp is in response to the fake news panic

Shear Modulus has issued a correction as of 17:59 on Sep 20, 2019

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

you were searching for something that was currently in the news

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

also advertisers have internalized that there is a bunch of poo poo on youtube they dont want their ads playing on from the stories of pedophile rings and nazi gamers so google is trying to shift towards having a lot more Safe videos to have their ads play on

Feral Integral
Jun 6, 2006

YOSPOS

duz posted:

you were searching for something that was currently in the news

a lot of it was from 2018 because 'news' is mostly recycled garbage

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
https://twitter.com/liamstack/status/1172487708436025344?s=19

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

yeah, corporations releasing thinly-veiled press releases with obviously staged attempts at creating viral memes is pretty dystopian

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)

How is this an issue? I would be overjoyed at the amount of self-control shown. "Nah, Rennie, I don't want to use a device that tracks me everywhere for the benefits of big tech companies, I just wanna be a kid."

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

Main Paineframe posted:

yeah, corporations releasing thinly-veiled press releases with obviously staged attempts at creating viral memes is pretty dystopian

is this the viral meme for clownr

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Hiring: emotional support mercenary

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

I think the clown thing is more an ad bro abusing worker protections to get him hired somewhere else (and it worked)

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Feral Integral posted:

google defending us from Fake News :pray:

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Trabisnikof posted:

I think the clown thing is more an ad bro abusing worker protections to get him hired somewhere else (and it worked)

it is impossible to abuse worker protections unless you’re a cop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Woof Blitzer posted:

Hiring: emotional support mercenary

That reminds me I've gotta get a doctor's note for my emotional support ICBM