Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

cams posted:

hollywood handbook should release a separate feed that is just the ads, cause i haven't heard hh ads in a long time and i miss them

The Ads Version: Hollywood Handbook

This is the version I subscribe to! It's not just ads, it's the normal show with ads where they are supposed to go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

cams posted:

hollywood handbook should release a separate feed that is just the ads, cause i haven't heard hh ads in a long time and i miss them

They have a feed that keeps the ads in, called The Ads Version. That’s the one I listen to.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Help Im Alive posted:

I skip a lot more of them now because it's like 20 minutes of ads per episode

Yeah there are way too many ads to listen to these days. Skip the Ads Version and just use the Santaman Saga playlist on Youtube.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
HH is a little different because they put a lot of effort into their ads so sometimes I stick around and listen but overall the ads are insanely long on a lot of podcasts. I just automatically reach for the FF button. If I knew they were short 30 second ads I'd probably stick it out and actually listen but at this point I'm not even aware who the advertisers are anymore. It's counter productive in the end.

Though, I do remember that I need to by my domains from Zap Straight To It
(Apparently that's a real site now. Don't go there. I get an infection warning. If only my ex had been so courteous)

RoyKeen fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Sep 20, 2019

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

The Ape of Naples posted:

HH is a little different because they put a lot of effort into their ads so sometimes I stick around and listen but overall the ads are insanely long on a lot of podcasts.

Honestly after a while I wished they'd just read copy instead of doing bits that made the ads take loving forever, with the exception of Santaman or when Sean would get in trouble for being mean to the sponsor.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Sinteres posted:

Honestly after a while I wished they'd just read copy instead of doing bits that made the ads take loving forever, with the exception of Santaman or when Sean would get in trouble for being mean to the sponsor.

Agreed. To be honest I don't really listen to them either but if I'm feeling lazy I'm ok with letting them roll through as opposed to Paul Scheer talking about SquareSpace or Scott talking about stamps.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

I've feel like a bad HH fan because -- while I enjoy them at times -- I almost always skip the ads.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

WerthersWay posted:

I've feel like a bad HH fan because -- while I enjoy them at times -- I almost always skip the ads.

I accept you and believe that's normal behavior

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
The only ads I skip are the National Highway Safety ones. They are SOOOOOO long

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i just don't like listening to the ads my first time through cause it ruins the flow of the actual episode, by the time they come back i have no idea what was happening

and i've been listening through stitcher premium long enough that i had no idea that their ads to get people to stop being hit by trains were real until they mentioned them for the third or fourth time

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Ads rules, skipping drools.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
It’s insane to me even as I type this but I agree that
* The ads are good
* They mess up the episode flow

The only solution is to have a third Hollywood Handbook Feed for just ads. And then a 4th for just Santaman Ads.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

While not an Earwolf show, I do genuinely enjoy Griffin Newman's adlibbed celebrity ads on Blank Check.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
it's flat stanley!!!

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Malcolm Excellent posted:

The only ads I skip are the National Highway Safety ones. They are SOOOOOO long

But they are so smooth...

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Mr. Squishy posted:

On the Duke Nukem Forever ep of How Did This Get Made, when they're reading good reviews of the game and Heather Anne Campbell prefaces one with "this is from a forum" I genuinely expected her to read an Axemaniac post.

I was trying to remember what the Goon who loved DNF was called. Yea I thought that too though, that they were going to read one of his old posts.

Something I'm really enjoying about this Pod is that they've found new stuff to talk about with all these games. Like with Sonic 06 no one has ever talked about the Multiplayer, which i did not know they even had until that.

And I'm looking forward to MEA because, I actually enjoyed that game, even though its deeply, deeply flawed. The party is a lot of fun which helps dealing with the dire story a little easier. Curious what they're going to talk about though, as if you play it now, it been patched enough that you won't get the weird graphical bugs.

I've noticed a lot of ads about boner pills and hair loss. Hey people, I don't need help with either of those, to much of both. What I could use is a code for a discount from Dollar Shave Club.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Santa mans latest made me laugh a lot.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

twistedmentat posted:

I've noticed a lot of ads about boner pills and hair loss. Hey people, I don't need help with either of those, to much of both. What I could use is a code for a discount from Dollar Shave Club.

Sorry, this is harry's town

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
Hell twistedmentat, I could use a pill to make my hair and boners go away...I’m like, “get out of here!”

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Tarranon posted:

Hell twistedmentat, I could use a pill to make my hair and boners go away...I’m like, “get out of here!”

I'd be so much more productive if i didn't have to deal with boners, and in the summer, hair is just gonna make me hotter than I'm already feeling.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
"I've heard a lot about the lifestyle lately" :mmmsmug:

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Really wish he'd namedropped Middleditch but I was bussin' up at that.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

LesterGroans posted:

I've been re-re-re-listening to The Teacher's Lounge since the new main episode was coming up, and it really gave me an appreciation for all of their talents and how they complement each other. Obviously Dan Lippert and Drew Tarver are the standouts, but all four of the guys and their characters pull their weight, with Ryan Rosenberg dropping some amazing asides and Jon Mackey doing the best, most consistent character work. Just off the top of my head I can think of three or four laugh out loud moments from each guy.

All this to say that this caught me off-guard and I laughed really hard at the first Hollywood episode, after discussing Dan Lippert's voice:

"We talked about Todd being sick-"
"I'm fine."
"Yoooou're sick, Todd."
"I'm fine. I'm really fine."
"No, we just yanked you out of the literal hospital."

Dan and Ryan just started a new Patreon, You're The Man Now Dog, that's just the two of them doing improv (and occasionally a guest) that I'm enjoying a good amount. It's pretty personal, small, but they've just get eachother so well. They've got a couple free eps on itunes.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'm on part of the way through me:a hdtgp but they should have played longer because there's at least boobs in the hookup scenes. At least for Cora and PeeBee, as those are who I romanced in my 2 playthroughs of it.

Also the "not wanting to make choices" is probably the central flaw of the game. Bioware was too cowardly to say "this ending is the canon one" because it would ruin the integrity of a game that is almost 10 years old at this time.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 08:27 on Sep 26, 2019

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Well, in today's Spartacus episode of Unspooled, now it's Amy who's defending Elia Kazan as an innocent victim and criticism of him as victim-shaming. Also, hilariously Paul is utterly confused at the idea that Marxism and communism are related terms (he seems to think communism is only in Russia and therefore there can't be American communists). Which honestly might explain a lot about his defense of Kazan.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Chairman Capone posted:

Well, in today's Spartacus episode of Unspooled, now it's Amy who's defending Elia Kazan as an innocent victim and criticism of him as victim-shaming.
a victim of what

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

A victim of being asked to testify, and then giving in to a moment of weakness born of fear of HUAC, in Amy's words.

Weirdly after the previous episode, it was then Paul who pointed out to her that Kazan never repented or apologized, consistently defended his actions, and insisted he would have done the same thing again even with hindsight.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Who Charted is becoming a stitcher premium exclusive rip that show

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Chairman Capone posted:

A victim of being asked to testify, and then giving in to a moment of weakness born of fear of HUAC, in Amy's words.

Weirdly after the previous episode, it was then Paul who pointed out to her that Kazan never repented or apologized, consistently defended his actions, and insisted he would have done the same thing again even with hindsight.
yeah i am psure he came out and said he always hated communists and was happy to do it

but okay

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Neighborhood Listen was great again this week, I like the format a lot. I hope this stays around for a while.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!

JethroMcB posted:

I think my favorite Mamsterclamps moment is Brett calling Bang "Racist." right as a huge, triumphant crescendo hits on the soundtrack.

That, or when they go through the scene from Bang's screenplay that has been rewritten with "sumpin' for the boys" and it's so crude that everybody finally breaks character and has to laugh

The entire segment leading up to that is great and probably . Starting with "hey, I can do that!" To the crushing the bones under the wheels. Then finally to Sean telling Bang that he's 'Killer Charles Manson'.

And I agree with whoever said that it's not worth waiting for a coupon code. Just the Pro Version and Teachers Lounge alone are worth the cost of the year subscription. Then with all the other shows? Not to mention the occasional limited series that pop up? I don't even think about it anymore.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Help Im Alive posted:

Who Charted is becoming a stitcher premium exclusive rip that show

Died along with the Widow Howlapp

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

RestingB1tchFace posted:

The entire segment leading up to that is great and probably . Starting with "hey, I can do that!" To the crushing the bones under the wheels. Then finally to Sean telling Bang that he's 'Killer Charles Manson'.

And I agree with whoever said that it's not worth waiting for a coupon code. Just the Pro Version and Teachers Lounge alone are worth the cost of the year subscription. Then with all the other shows? Not to mention the occasional limited series that pop up? I don't even think about it anymore.

What are some cool limited series that have popped up?

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Snowmankilla posted:

What are some cool limited series that have popped up?

I really liked My Dead Wife The Robot Car, but I'll listen to anything Besser does (except Besser vs The Audience)

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

I liked The Sylvester Stallone Show. I think it's really funny that Stallone actually was willing to be on it but Scheer turned him down.

yorkinshire
Apr 28, 2009

In space no one can hear your dope beats.
I'm still going to wait for code because then I'll get a deluge of content when I eventually do. I was subscribed up until a couple.months ago.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
So with Sticher, can you download and keep podcasts? I can't aways stream and frankly, I'm a bit of a digital hoarder.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

So with Sticher, can you download and keep podcasts? I can't aways stream and frankly, I'm a bit of a digital hoarder.

Yes. In fact, it automatically sets shows to download when you add them to your library. You can change this in the settings, too.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

You can download in the app, but I don't think you can get at the mp3s and like save them somewhere. Maybe you can with Android, but I assume that's locked down on iphone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy
I'll always plug the unofficial RSS feeds: https://stitcher-rss.128.io/

That will let you access the premium shows in any podcast app, and will let you download and do whatever you want with them. I've been a premium subscriber for a couple of years and I can't even remember the last time I opened the app.