Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Kegslayer posted:

Eh, it's like two or three presses of a button and there's absolutely no need to do it

I like it because you can dick around with it when you have time or you can just go take a nap or do some actual work and come back to it whenever.

I think it was just the terminology that threw me. Skill Serial No. doesn't sound in line with the sort of game this looks to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
Agreed, it's badly worded.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Anyone have a clan going for this Ulala yet? I'm Explosivo on there too if anyone wants to add me. I assume there's some way to roll with a party comprised of your friends?

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

explosivo posted:

Anyone have a clan going for this Ulala yet? I'm Explosivo on there too if anyone wants to add me. I assume there's some way to roll with a party comprised of your friends?

No, I dont have a character high enough for that yet. WIll be in once I do though.

Is there an easy way to swap between characters, other than quitting and reopening?

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

explosivo posted:

Clan are level 45 and after the season ends which is a strangely high bar.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Shwqa posted:

Clan are level 45 and after the season ends which is a strangely high bar.

Ah okay, drat that is weird. Seems like it'll take a ridiculously long time to get to 45.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

I'm starting to play this dino killing game too.

Tatersladsa

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

explosivo posted:

Ah okay, drat that is weird. Seems like it'll take a ridiculously long time to get to 45.

Nah exp gain raise dramatically each stage. I'm at level 38 at day 6 of the season.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

tater_salad posted:

I'm starting to play this dino killing game too.

Tatersladsa

Which server? I am not finding you, and I just realized there's a few different servers which might make it tough to party up with goons. Maybe it has to be by ID? I'm 19530452 :shrug:

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I've also started the dino killing game. Someone mentioned you can party with yourself somehow? How do you go about doing that?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Infinity Gaia posted:

I've also started the dino killing game. Someone mentioned you can party with yourself somehow? How do you go about doing that?

--Make multiple characters.
--On one of them click on Team on the right, then My Team.
--Note the ID at the top of the screen.
--(may be optional, I dunno) click Recruit and make some team info. Probably make it private, you can open it up later.
--For each character you want to join in, go to Team --> Notice Board and search for the main character's ID. Join the team, inputting the password if you made it private.

Now you're a squadron.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

The complex of the classes goes like this: Healer is the easiest to play
Tank is the medium
DPS is the most complex to play

Healer has the simple decision tree. Does the boss debuff? If yes then use the anti-debuff skills. If no then put on your highest healing spells.

Tanks have shields, heals, and interruptions. You wanna shield right before the boss does their big damage skills. If the boss has a long use ability like the thunder dragon or turtle the you wanna interrupt it. If the boss is killing your DPS before you then you are going to want to use a taunt ability.

DPS is where you need to balance your burst damage/damage over time with debuffs. Silence last a whooping 2-3 seconds and your window to land it correct need to be really tight for it to work. But for bosses that don't AoE stun then you might just be better off going full ham. Warlocks are going to want to time their silence around the DoT and the re apply DoT ability. Mages have to be careful because their heavy hit spells cost 4 which can make the timing hard. And you probably want the increase critical move before the heavy hit which makes the cost 7.

Edit: Also the healer class decision is the easiest. Do think the grumpy looking owl form is cute or not. If yes then druid. If no then shaman

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

If I have 2 epic T. Rexes, can i mash them together for a bigger bonus, or should I just release one for the research fossil?

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?
Giving Dino game a shot. In as DontMindMe

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

If you can't be right, be confusing.
Fellow Ulala goons, you gotta tell us which server (global/NA/etc) and which season you're on.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Aw gently caress I didn't realize there were different servers and started on Global. Trying to decide if it's worth restarting now... If anyone else is on Global I'm on Season 13, as InfinityGaia.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

I'm in NA should I reroll for global server?
Do we also need to be same season.
Is there any advantage to rolling your own full team besides more poo poo to do?

Also why does my dude have a notification Bell on him when there ain't poo poo to upgrade . Is it because I can enhance my gear?

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
Remember, you're updating the gear slot, not the gear itself, so don't hold off upgrading because you think you'll get a new piece of gear. Same goes for skill slots. Whatever skill goes in there is now the level of the slot.

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

tater_salad posted:

I'm in NA should I reroll for global server?
Do we also need to be same season.
Is there any advantage to rolling your own full team besides more poo poo to do?

Also why does my dude have a notification Bell on him when there ain't poo poo to upgrade . Is it because I can enhance my gear?

You need to be the same season to play with goons for the first 15 days (season length). After that everyone ends up in their respective Global/NA server. And yes, usually the notification bell means you have enhanceable gear, or better gear to equip (you'll see a clothes icon over your equipment).

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Is there any point in enhancing gear early on? I can enhance everything.

I'm wondering if the bell is for the l20 gear.i can't use. Every time I log I it puts a bell on that slot but I'm like ummmm.

If we are going to goonrclab we should figure out which server since you need to reroll.

I'm on NA

tater_salad fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Sep 20, 2019

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Roid666 posted:

Remember, you're updating the gear slot, not the gear itself, so don't hold off upgrading because you think you'll get a new piece of gear. Same goes for skill slots. Whatever skill goes in there is now the level of the slot.

Oh poo poo, this is extremely helpful. I've been holding off upgrading my weapon because I was given this lvl 20 one that I wanted to save my upgrade juice for.

tater_salad posted:

I'm wondering if the bell is for the l20 gear.i can't use. Every time I log I it puts a bell on that slot but I'm like ummmm.

Yeah this. I'm almost 20 now so thankfully my nightmare will soon be over.

explosivo fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Sep 20, 2019

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
The stupid monster chest in Ulala is rigged, I never win :mad:

Also the turtle from the beach area is really dumb. If there's not going to be a way to specifically activate skills at a given moment, then don't make a monster with an ability that if you don't interrupt basically wipes you. All 3 of my teammates have interrupts at different skill slots but the timings don't line up correctly with the turtle's spin.

Dragongem fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Sep 20, 2019

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
Hey guys don't forget that Downwell is free for the next couple days!

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

cage-free egghead posted:

Hey guys don't forget that Downwell is free for the next couple days!

Here is the link for anyone who didn't know what this is like me.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.devolver.downwell_rerelease

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I love Downwell but didn't feel like the controls translated that well to mobile. I bought it a while back but barely played it because it was a lot harder with touch controls since you're tapping the screen and sometimes covering up poo poo coming from below you in the game.

i like tacos
Mar 26, 2010

Ask me about being a liar who doesn't actually like tacos and is a disagreeable asshole

NPR Journalizard posted:

No, I dont have a character high enough for that yet. WIll be in once I do though.

Is there an easy way to swap between characters, other than quitting and reopening?

In the settings, there's an option to log out. It's actually not logging out of your entire account but just your character. That brings you to the character select screen.

I found a good group to be in surprising and they've been carrying me. I do wish they walked you through it because it just throws you in and you need to press all the buttons to see what they do.

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

explosivo posted:

I love Downwell but didn't feel like the controls translated that well to mobile. I bought it a while back but barely played it because it was a lot harder with touch controls since you're tapping the screen and sometimes covering up poo poo coming from below you in the game.

Yeah the pc version owns. Buy it on steam, it costs like a dollar on sale.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
By the way if there is a goon team for one of the newer seasons in Ulala I can make a new person for it.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I see people talking about what sounds like active combat, activating skills manually and whatnot in Ulala, is this a thing that comes up later? Or am I misunderstanding something?

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

explosivo posted:

I see people talking about what sounds like active combat, activating skills manually and whatnot in Ulala, is this a thing that comes up later? Or am I misunderstanding something?

Your characters will auto-play using the skill rotation you manually configure for them (and later-on your pets get skills too). The fun is figuring out a) the order of your team's skills (e.g. coordinating interrupts so they don't overlap), b) choosing the right pets for the right situation, c) finding ways to cheese levels beyond your team's power level. Boss types switch every few stages (and also get stronger every stage), so you'll constantly be futzing around with better ways to configure your team. There are also consumables you can use to get past roadblock bosses, such as +10-15% attack or armor or life from food (for an hour) .

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

tater_salad posted:

Afk arena has leveled up so 5 spots up for grabs.
Applied to goon AFK Arena guild as Automemetic. I'm pretty far off the wall people are talking about so who knows, maybe they'll uh change some stuff before then.

Martman fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Sep 21, 2019

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

So, I just saw a non-video ad on youtube of all places for a game called Murderous Pursuits . I can't seem to link it, because I'm on my phone and there's no share option from Play store, plus it doesn't come up in searches, since it's apparently still in development. I'm installing it now, and from the description, it seems to be a newer version of The Ship and Bloody Good Time, which I absolutely loved.

If this game ends up being worth a drat, I'll be so happy :swoon:

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

van fem posted:

Your characters will auto-play using the skill rotation you manually configure for them (and later-on your pets get skills too). The fun is figuring out a) the order of your team's skills (e.g. coordinating interrupts so they don't overlap), b) choosing the right pets for the right situation, c) finding ways to cheese levels beyond your team's power level. Boss types switch every few stages (and also get stronger every stage), so you'll constantly be futzing around with better ways to configure your team. There are also consumables you can use to get past roadblock bosses, such as +10-15% attack or armor or life from food (for an hour) .

Ahhh okay, that makes more sense. It sounded to me like people were implying there's a part of the game where you get to actively use your skills but I just unlocked my 3rd skill slot so I'm now noticing that it deploys your skills in order.

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?
So was it Global or NA for Ulala? It wasn't clear so I had hopped into NA initially (auto selected)

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

So, I just saw a non-video ad on youtube of all places for a game called Murderous Pursuits . I can't seem to link it, because I'm on my phone and there's no share option from Play store, plus it doesn't come up in searches, since it's apparently still in development. I'm installing it now, and from the description, it seems to be a newer version of The Ship and Bloody Good Time, which I absolutely loved.

If this game ends up being worth a drat, I'll be so happy :swoon:

I don't see that in the store but there's absolutely a share button

You hit the dots in the top right corner

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Len posted:

I don't see that in the store but there's absolutely a share button

You hit the dots in the top right corner

I know, and Murderous Pursuits didn't have an option to share.

Edit:

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Sep 21, 2019

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I know, and Murderous Pursuits didn't have an option to share.

Edit:

Ah gotcha I thought you meant you didn't see the share button after the whatever the hell revision the play store has had and they moved it again

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

If you long press the icon on your desktop, the store page it takes you to has no share option. If you search for it on the store or locate it via my apps, it does. I have no idea why this is.

dabe
Nov 18, 2012

tater_salad posted:

Afk arena has leveled up so 5 spots up for grabs.

I applied as dabe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"
This Ulala game is really neat. I really like the team aspect and have lucked into a good team and am now 95% on the latest Season (9 I think?) and counting.