Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

X-O posted:

You know what, if they can get Fat Martian Manhunter from the Justice League pilot I'll give up and actually watch this poo poo.

If they get the original cast from that terrible Birds of Prey TV show than poo poo will get real. Hell just bring in that guy who was in Human Target for maximum obscurity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Madkal posted:

If they get the original cast from that terrible Birds of Prey TV show than poo poo will get real. Hell just bring in that guy who was in Human Target for maximum obscurity.

Oooh! And somebody to ask that version of Huntress "Why don't you carry any weapons?" so she can saucily reply "I am a weapon."

(That happened in the pilot. It wasn't very good.)

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Dawgstar posted:

Oooh! And somebody to ask that version of Huntress "Why don't you carry any weapons?" so she can saucily reply "I am a weapon."

(That happened in the pilot. It wasn't very good.)

The chick from Ferris Bueller was fun as Harley though.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

judging on what I've heard from people who have seen the pilot: temper your expectations

like maybe a lot

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I'm still holding to my opinion that there's either going to be one disappointing scene with a boatload of half-second cameos, or this is going to be one of the biggest fanboy overloads on TV. With the casting info that's come out I can't see it landing anywhere in between, and with the shows' history it could go either way.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Blockhouse posted:

judging on what I've heard from people who have seen the pilot: temper your expectations

like maybe a lot

The other shows have one thing in common and that is a great lead that can act. Batwoman has someone that cannot. Kate Kane is one of the best characters DC has and deserves much better for her first time on screen.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Maybe that rear end in a top hat will put on the suit this time.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
yall seriously underestimate the desire to see a superhero show about a lesbian, played by a lesbian, co-developed and written by a lesbian

like, its gonna have to be bad like real fuckin bad, for me to not watch that poo poo

site fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Sep 19, 2019

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

site posted:

yall seriously underestimate the desire to see a superhero show about a lesbian, played by a lesbian, co-developed and written by a lesbian

like, its gonna have to be bad like real fuckin bad, for me to not watch that poo poo

It will turn out that Batwoman was only pretending to be a lesbian, to make herself look hotter for a man. Would that do the trick?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
was that a thing in the comics

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

site posted:

No, and the rest of the CW shows are very queer friendly (including having the first explicitly bisexual John Constantine outside the comics) so the odds of that happening in the show are probably worse than the odds of it actually being the next huge prestige show everyone talks about constantly a la Game of Thrones.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

site posted:

Not that I am aware of, but I don't really read DC and there's a lot of stories there.
I am mostly imagining some DC higher-up butts in and demands that plotline because he considers straight people underrepresented and doesn't want to perpetuate the gay agenda.
DC has potential to ruin pretty much any premise, if they set their hearts to it.

That being said, they could potentially surpass my mediocre expectations.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

X-O posted:

The other shows have one thing in common and that is a great lead that can act. Batwoman has someone that cannot. Kate Kane is one of the best characters DC has and deserves much better for her first time on screen.

You see they’re rereleasing Elegy with a tv Batwoman cover?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Vince MechMahon posted:

The chick from Ferris Bueller was fun as Harley though.

Honestly you could do a lot worse than Dina Meyer as Oracle. It's just everything else.

Skwirl posted:

No, and the rest of the CW shows are very queer friendly (including having the first explicitly bisexual John Constantine outside the comics) so the odds of that happening in the show are probably worse than the odds of it actually being the next huge prestige show everyone talks about constantly a la Game of Thrones.

Isn't Sara Lance bi, or do they forget that?

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

site posted:

I just don't want support Ruby because she abused her ex girlfriend and harassed her after they broke up

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
e: ^^ oh fuckin yikes I hadn't heard about that

site posted:

No, I get it. I totally 100% understand the desire for representation in both characters, actors, and actual creative people on a project.

I just also wish the show was good instead of...what it's probably going to be.

But hey, maybe they course-correct! It's always possible!

Dawgstar posted:

No that's still very much a thing.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Koalas March posted:

I just don't want support Ruby because she abused her ex girlfriend and harassed her after they broke up

gah, okay well that would in fact be the deal killer

figures that of all the cw hero shows, it had to be the ones i watched (black lightning)/wanted to watch where this poo poo happens

site fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Sep 20, 2019

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Dawgstar posted:

Sara Lance is bi, Mr Terrific is gay, Supergirl's sister is gay, I don't watch Flash, but I'm sure there's a queer character or two. I'm I know I'm leaving out a bunch on the other shows too, I was just listing main cast members, but even then it's an incomplete list.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
What happened with Black Lightning?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
iirc the showrunner abused his mistress for like a decade and his wife/co-showrunner knew about it

e: yeah heres an interview about it

site fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Sep 20, 2019

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

https://deadline.com/2019/09/erica-durance-reprise-smallville-lois-lane-role-arrowverse-crossover-the-cw-1202739723/

Smallville's Lois Lane joins the crossover

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Everyone's favorite version of the character.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
It is loving crazy that the DC cinematic universe fell flat on its rear end yet the loving CW has managed to reach its own Endgame.

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007

TwoPair posted:

It is loving crazy that the DC cinematic universe fell flat on its rear end yet the loving CW has managed to reach its own Endgame.

It seems crazy but it really isn't. The DCEU was masterminded by someone who wanted to emulate Frank Miller, but the CW shows
are made by someone who wanted to replicate Marv Wolfman and Gerry Conway.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

X-O posted:

You know what, if they can get Fat Martian Manhunter from the Justice League pilot I'll give up and actually watch this poo poo.

David Ogden Stiers is dead

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Allison Mack or bust.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

TwoPair posted:

It's also really funny to me that DC is starting to see its biggest successes in a decade (financially with Aquaman and critically with Joker) after the DCEU fizzled out.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Goddammit. This might be the one that gets me to watch. The best version of Lois.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
What other terrible DC tv shows have there been in the past? I have mentioned Human Target and Birds of Prey. There must be a few others. Also kind of surprised that no-one from Gotham is appearing in the crossover.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
There was the 90s Swamp Thing show.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

90's Flash, starring current Flash's dad with Mark Hammill as the Trapster.

Hammill guested in current Flash as the former Trapster who's son was carrying on his legacy. So a Hammill cameo isn't out of the question, especially since he's friends with Conroy.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Gimme Manu Bennett flanked by Ron Perlman and Will Arnett as Deathstroke and the Deathstrokes and I'll watch this.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Madkal posted:

What other terrible DC tv shows have there been in the past? I have mentioned Human Target and Birds of Prey. There must be a few others. Also kind of surprised that no-one from Gotham is appearing in the crossover.

There were TWO Human Target shows; the first was in the early 90s

Now if they bring back anyone from the 88-92 Superboy TV show ...

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Skwirl posted:

90's Flash, starring current Flash's dad with Mark Hammill as the Trapster.

Hammill guested in current Flash as the former Trapster who's son was carrying on his legacy. So a Hammill cameo isn't out of the question, especially since he's friends with Conroy.

Trickster. Trapster is Marvel, the guy formerly known as Paste-Pot Pete.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Davros1 posted:

There were TWO Human Target shows; the first was in the early 90s

I never saw the newer Human Target show, but my dad LOVED it. He's still bitter that Season 2 was never released on DVD.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'd say Lois and Clark but nobody should be giving Dean Cain work

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
The newer Human Target did have a great cast at least and was pretty entertaining.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
They're going balls to the wall with this. Where's the Tim Daly and Dana Delany announcements?

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Rhyno posted:

They're going balls to the wall with this. Where's the Michael Rosenbaum announcement?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Is Chloe Sullivan making a cameo in COIE?