Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Isn’t that the entire point of bottle fairies over a red potion in the Zelda games?

Stacey's potion revives you instead. They flipped it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Man, the frame rate issue in LA is really bad, why the hell would they have it jump between 35 and 60 constantly I have no idea.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
You couldn't catch faries in bottles in classic Link's Awakening, instead Crazy Tracy would rub you with 'secret medicine' which gave you a full heal the first time you croaked. So I guess faries are now red potions and secret medicine is now... Faries?

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

tuo posted:

can't think of a Zelda where that was needed

I've been handicapping myself this entire time. My gaming life is a lie

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

tuo posted:

Goose game best game

Can't wait to get home to play goose game. I've owned a switch for about a month, this is the first thing I've bought and let download while I'm at work.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

YggiDee posted:

:siren:Bottle fairies won't revive you if you die! :siren:

the gently caress

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

tzirean posted:

Can't wait to get home to play goose game. I've owned a switch for about a month, this is the first thing I've bought and let download while I'm at work.

It will be the game that assures you that buying a switch was a good choice

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Just did my first honk and it was real satisfying.

Honk.

How do I join goose gang?!

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
Unless I'm doing something wrong in Link's Awakening, I just shot 30 arrows into the Armos Knight in the Southern Shrine and did no damage at all to it, I was hitting it from all angles and it didn't take any damage, I think its hitbox is a bit too small or something.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Hero mode is actually pretty challenging. I died already in the Tail Cave.:eyepop:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Ori being probably one of my favorite platformers ever, I downloaded the demo to see how it runs.

Both portable and dock run flawlessly. I'm sure the demo doesn't get to the Ginso Tree escape so I don't know how it is with more intense stuff going on, but so far it runs full 60 fps and it feels great. It even has achievements built in!

I can't tell from the small screen if the FPS drops in handheld mode, but it still feels as good to play as it is docked. So they did a good job of porting this over. The few times that loading screens happen though are LONG compared to PC, but you should not be getting into a situation where you encounter a loading screen very often. I only got a long loading screen on the initial start up and going from the first cutscene to the playable part. Loading from a death to a save point is as fast as it normally is.

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

Is there a way to set time limits per profile, for sharing a Switch with kids?

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

dantheman650 posted:

There's a Parental Control app, though I've never messed much with it. If you can do it, it's most likely in there.

As in, an app for your phone that you link to your account.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

dantheman650 posted:

Grab the parent phone app for this

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

GooseyGangGooseyGangGooseyGangGooseyGang

spend ten minutes on your pain
my goose love do lovely things

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Can't believe Goose game is actually an open world game.

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

Alright, I fell for the hype and picked up the goose from my phone while at work. We’ll see how it is tonight when I get home.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

homk

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

bushisms.txt posted:

Grab the parent phone app for this

Do you know where it is in the app? Can’t find it.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Fine, I'll buy the Goose Game when I get home, sheesh

Riven
Apr 22, 2002
Between the sale and my coins I got Goose for $6.50 which is possibly the best entertainment value of my life.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

dantheman650 posted:

Do you know where it is in the app? Can’t find it.

Sorry don't know. Ask Al, pretty sure they use it.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Does the Switch Lite benefit from increased battery life?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Inzombiac posted:

Does the Switch Lite benefit from increased battery life?

It does. It's not as good as the red box Switch, but it's still better than the original model.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

I feel like that Goose Game launch trailer has such next level strats for stealing things that I can barely comprehend after 30 minutes of trying to get the hang of goosing

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
Decided I need a switch for my flights that don't have wifi and I was curious if they ever run any deals on them?

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

HORNK

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

dantheman650 posted:

Anyone get Puzzle Quest? How is it compared to the original?

Didn't see if anyone responded to you yet, but I grabbed it and played a few hours of it last night, here is what I noticed:

• Port of the XBLA version, not original DS.
  • If you haven't played that version, quite a bit changed with balance and spells.
  • Cool downs have been added, so crazy turn one wombo combos don't work anymore.
  • Music and graphics are passable, but were never great.
  • Performance is rear end, like surprisingly bad, but not a deal breaker.
  • Includes expansion and new content. 13 classes, tons of new quests, items and spells.

It's got a load of content for $15. Aside from performance being questionable and UI being a bit laggy on the map, it is still dope as hell.

Hope more people start playing so I am not just nerding out by myself.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I'm having way too much fun messing around in Untitled Goose Game

https://twitter.com/KungFu_Grip/status/1175139833200566273

https://twitter.com/KungFu_Grip/status/1175140916291522560

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

HELL YEAH

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Really hope I can find a squirtle out in the wild. Now if only they made a psyduck amiibo.

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:
Can anyone tell me about Sayonara Wild Hearts? It's caught my eye while looking into goose game.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

I'm going to get my Switch Lite today. Then I think I'm going to join the Goose Gang.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

chaleski posted:

Fine, I'll buy the Goose Game when I get home, sheesh

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
JESUS loving CHRIST FINE, I BOUGHT THE loving TAG AS AN AVATAR

Add this to your title text:

code:
[img]https://fi.somethingawful.com/safs/titles/55/05/00136738.0007.png[/img]
Also waiting for the game to download. gently caress you all I'm outta here to go be a horrible goose.

Mega64 fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Sep 20, 2019

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

modspls

Also, buying Link's Awakening for the third time is giving me flashbacks to middle school and trying to decide if it was worth buying LA DX because I had already played it several times. Ultimately the printer functionality and the color dungeon swayed me.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

fyallm posted:

Decided I need a switch for my flights that don't have wifi and I was curious if they ever run any deals on them?

Make a Slickdeals.net alert for Nintendo Switch. Like once a week I get an alert for a Switch for like $240 brand new

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Mega64 posted:

code:
[timg]https://fi.somethingawful.com/safs/titles/55/05/00136738.0007.png[/timg]
Also waiting for the game to download. gently caress you all I'm outta here to go be a horrible goose.
Once I get it I'm gonna put this in my avatar

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Mega64 posted:

code:

You are a god among men.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Mega64 posted:

code:

GOOSE GANG