Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

Got my entry in exactly 2 minutes before the deadline. Here it is! My opponent also got theirs in, a full hour before their deadline, and it is much better than mine.

Surprisingly, every single contestant got their entries in! Everyone who'd ever done an OCT before was extremely surprised, because apparently people bail on these all the time, but everyone got them in. The method of submission is, of course, posting things in Discord, but if you'd like to read them, this is the link!. They're all pinned in individual channels in the "Round 1 Matches" category.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I thought I heard that there was one person who didn't, due to injuries or something, but otherwise, yeah, people did really well. Some cut it close, with one finalizing things in the literal last minute, but yeah, it's amazing and awesome that nearly(?) everyone got something in, with so many people. They're so good, too.

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice
Yeah, Quinn Red had to drop out because of an injury, but we're still at 63 for 64 which is absolutely flabbergasting.

EDIT: And here's my opponent's entry! I love that this tournament is just so full of wholesome friendly energy to the point that operant called us all cowards in voice lmao

3 fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Sep 20, 2019

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

Everyone's has been amazing, but my favourite is Wendi's Vs Inspector Gitcha. It's something else.

Here's mine, I didn't think about Imgur albums oops.
Page 1
Page 2
Page 3
Page 4
Page 5

And here's my opponent's, which is awesome.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

WereGoat posted:

Everyone's has been amazing, but my favourite is Wendi's Vs Inspector Gitcha. It's something else.

hOLY poo poo

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
FROG-AGOG

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

blastron posted:

Got my entry in exactly 2 minutes before the deadline. Here it is! My opponent also got theirs in, a full hour before their deadline, and it is much better than mine.

Surprisingly, every single contestant got their entries in! Everyone who'd ever done an OCT before was extremely surprised, because apparently people bail on these all the time, but everyone got them in. The method of submission is, of course, posting things in Discord, but if you'd like to read them, this is the link!. They're all pinned in individual channels in the "Round 1 Matches" category.

Egbert's Windy Thing, huh?

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Gitcha's entry is also good, though in a... Somewhat different way.

(Content warning: Gore.)
Page 1
Page 2
Page 3
Page 4
Page 5

I like them both a lot, but I admit that I'm rooting for WENDIS, at least in part so that she doesn't die horribly.

WINK
RATTLE

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

blastron posted:

My opponent also got theirs in, a full hour before their deadline, and it is much better than mine.

loving homestuck

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

OMG-A-GOG

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."

I'm partial to calling contestants with the "Gog-a-Gong."

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

blastron posted:

I love your long-winded old man. He's hilarious.

WereGoat posted:

Is this art? I think this is art.

WereGoat posted:

Here's mine, I didn't think about Imgur albums oops.
Page 1
Page 2
Page 3
Page 4
Page 5

And here's my opponent's, which is awesome.

I love the giant frog splash in yours.

Poltergrift posted:

I'm partial to calling contestants with the "Gog-a-Gong."

Same.

Jim the Nickel
Mar 2, 2006

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

3 posted:

Yeah, Quinn Red had to drop out because of an injury, but we're still at 63 for 64 which is absolutely flabbergasting.

EDIT: And here's my opponent's entry! I love that this tournament is just so full of wholesome friendly energy to the point that operant called us all cowards in voice lmao

I just voted for you in the poll, but it was real hard to not just vote for Aunt Quetzalcoatlus, she's so sweet.

:edit: Okay, done voting, but some of these were unbearably hard to choose. The overall quality of these comics is ASTOUNDING

Jim the Nickel fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Sep 20, 2019

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

WereGoat posted:

So Gitcha's got turned into a burger, which he then ate and turned into a hand and left. Am I getting this straight?

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Gitcha is a puppet, so after it was somehow made into a burger he ate his own head, leaving only the hand underneath. Or something like that. Everything involving Gitcha is a bit surreal.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Is a list of the chosen contestants' intro profiles available in any easily-accessible way?

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

Darth Walrus posted:

Is a list of the chosen contestants' intro profiles available in any easily-accessible way?

They’re all pinned in the respective matchups’ channels. (Or, well, they should be, but that was voluntary.)

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I take it back, this tournament sounds awful

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Most of the entries aren't that weird, but the two characters featured in that match, well.

Anyway, there are a lot of really good entries, so even if you don't like a particular one, there's 62 others to look at.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

SunAndSpring posted:

I take it back, this tournament sounds awful

"Giant selection of 32 things has one I don't like, must all be terrible."

C'mon. There are a ton of these things, and the fact that this tourney can include the brutal, the clever, as well as the utterly surreal is a bonus, not a sin. I wish they were organized in a convenient place besides 32 Discord channel pins, but I'm about halfway through and incredibly impressed.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Oh my. Best fanart I've seen in a while.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Mile'ionaha posted:

C'mon. There are a ton of these things, and the fact that this tourney can include the brutal, the clever, as well as the utterly surreal is a bonus, not a sin. I wish they were organized in a convenient place besides 32 Discord channel pins, but I'm about halfway through and incredibly impressed.

I just feel like a lot of the stuff I’ve seen has been really random in a very silly way and fits in less than the stuff that won the last contest. It’s less stuff out of a heavy metal cover and more poo poo I’d honestly expect out of a Borderlands game.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.
There were 258 entrants so clearly Abaddon was on fuckin board for this poo poo. :v: and personally? Hella props to the competitors, including the weird surrealist poo poo

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
The competition is cool and good. The decision to run it all on Discord seems... ill-thought out

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

While I have and use Discord, I would appreciate some area to view all this stuff after the fact.

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice
Welp this is the last thing I'll draw before JUDGEMENT DAY, enjoy ACHE SIX BILLION WOODS starring two other OCs

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

3 posted:

Welp this is the last thing I'll draw before JUDGEMENT DAY, enjoy ACHE SIX BILLION WOODS starring two other OCs

AAAAAA!

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Mile'ionaha posted:

This almost reads like an angel name.

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

Mindblast posted:

This almost reads like an angel name.

32 Purge the Multiverse for a Single Sin

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
32 Reject All Things Until Sturgeon's Law Comes False

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Each and every one of you is a coward for not writing your own oc Ray as a participant.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Hah, round 2 includes the battle royale so the next comic has to include a group shot. Best of luck to the goon artists!

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
3 I am extremely not okay with your round 2 match up, it's almost like someone is rigging these matches for maximum potential tears!

DON'T HURT WENDIS OKAY

BUT ALSO DON'T LOSE

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice
I had a couple of potential plot threads in the pipe ie: "versus absolute heel" "versus noble, heroic fighter" and now they've all been dashed against the rocks completely. Gotta showerbrainstorm like a motherfucker today, because Fei keeps getting matched against the purest most wholesome contestants
:negative:

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Have you tried having Fei shoot them with her gun?

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice
nooooooooo

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Ok, shoot them with a rocket. Whatever feels right.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I feel like a cool thing to do with Wendis would be to take her seriously. Burger meteors. Burger bullet hell. A knock-down, drag-out kung fu fight that ends in both combatants collapsing in a pool of blood, relish, and mutual respect. She's anime as hell, so let's go all Dragonball up in this poo poo. And maybe Li can get her an autograph from Gog-Agog in the next few rounds.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Send WENDIS to the loving moon.

Or, like, order food from her prior to the start of the battle royale I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
When Discord Reigns In The Hearts Of Men, So Shall All Who Hunger Be Satisfied has a 99.999% pure heavy metal name and is such a goddamned adorable burger-slinger... and then the comic 100% lives up to that heavy metal name with an absolutely gruesome denouement. Holy poo poo that was great.

Argh, and I just realized that the short form of her name is loving WENDIS, like the restaurant. gently caress me what an amazing concept.

habeasdorkus fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Sep 25, 2019