Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Eh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feb 2, 2005
Revol, with that method of sketching heads the center line of the circle represents the brow line and not the eye line. That's why the forehead looks scrunched up.

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...

Quote posted:

Revol, with that method of sketching heads the center line of the circle represents the brow line and not the eye line. That's why the forehead looks scrunched up.

That makes a lot of sense. One of the fixes I made when moving things around was moving the eyes down, but not down enough.

William T. Hornaday
Nov 26, 2007

Don't tap on the fucking glass!
I swear to god I'll cut off your fucking fingers and feed them to the otters for enrichment.
General rule of thumb is that the eye line is exactly halfway between the top of the head and the bottom of the chin.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
It’s a mistake that literally everyone makes. The face’s importance vis-a-vis emoting and recognition make you think it’s larger, more central, and more prominent than it is.

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Lil' toughie

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Always Wag. Always Friend. Very Safety.
Clapping Larry
You mean eyes shouldn't be taking up like a third of the head? Shiiiiieeeeet.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
On the bright side, those eye sizes barely register as big on the modern anime scale, are tiny compared to 70's anime scale, and are essentially non-existent for moe standards.

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

They keep announcing new pokemon that are really fun to draw.

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Clapping Larry

my buddy Superfly posted:

They keep announcing new pokemon that are really fun to draw.

Holy poo poo Farfetch'd is getting an evolution?!
I'm super psyched for the coming pokemon game but I never have the sense to follow the new pokemon releases.

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Clapping Larry
Thought I'd try the sketchtember 'cause I was super not up for a proper pic.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Been on a Shibasaki binge recently and my new bigger brush has arrived so hopefully I'll have some new stuff to post soon. Fingers crossed

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

there's nothing wrong here in montana
Shibasaki is Bob Rossu

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Check out my enormous testicles in my TFLC log!

Neon Noodle posted:

Shibasaki is Bob Rossu

:five:

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

Sharpest Crayon posted:

Holy poo poo Farfetch'd is getting an evolution?!
I'm super psyched for the coming pokemon game but I never have the sense to follow the new pokemon releases.

Yeah, they're called sirfetch'd and they're my friend! The designs they've been announcing for that game have been for the most part really great and has me excited about the game too.

Also here's goose.

Also here's a commission for my friend.

my buddy Superfly fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Sep 21, 2019

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

First painting with the new brush and paper setup didn't go well. Waiting for it to dry, but not hopeful. :/

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

the mirror would do well to reflect further

Sketch of an artdome piece I am in the process of making.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
similarly, here's a study for what im doing for art dome

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Clapping Larry

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Here is my first study for art dome, I am very unhappy with it, mostly the roof and the general concept of the white houses and will try some other stuff in my neighborhood, this whole area has been build in the last 15 years and they weren't very imaginative. My house is not painted, this is number 3, 4 & 5, I live at 9.

For those who are into that kind of thing, this is an etchr basic sketchbook with 230 gr cotton paper. I went crazy on their webshop and now I never need to buy sketchbooks again. I will tho, I just don't need to. I will post a picture of a pile of all my blank sketchbooks some day, maybe the shame will make me buy fewer.

Something else: are we doing an inktober thread or will we just collectively fail in this thread?
For those participating, can I have your instagram? Mine is keetronn with double n as some dimwit took my single n username I have for over 15 years.

Keetron fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Sep 22, 2019

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Clapping Larry

Keetron posted:

Something else: are we doing an inktober thread or will we just collectively fail in this thread?

Inktober settles nicely under the "daily drawings" umbrella so this is where we do that. There used to be monthly threads for DD&D with a different theme each month but :effort:

If someone else wants to take up the mantle and start doing monthly themes - like inktober - feel free to do so and let me know in this thread and I'll close it.

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Clapping Larry

Elentor posted:

On the bright side, those eye sizes barely register as big on the modern anime scale, are tiny compared to 70's anime scale, and are essentially non-existent for moe standards.

Btw you inspired me, this is the New Hotness now: tiny eyes anime.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sharpest Crayon posted:

Btw you inspired me, this is the New Hotness now: tiny eyes anime.

Anime Nouveau

William T. Hornaday
Nov 26, 2007

Don't tap on the fucking glass!
I swear to god I'll cut off your fucking fingers and feed them to the otters for enrichment.

Trying to teach myself how to draw lemurs, and they're kind of a pain in the rear end. Finally kinda figured out their weird-shaped heads, but their skeletal structure seems to be somewhere between primate and cat; going off of pictures for reference, I cannot for the life of me grasp how their rib cage and spine are oriented. And while they may look fairly pear-shaped, it's not representative of their musculature because they're actually 90% floof. Ugh.

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Clapping Larry
More snout, less eyes.

I have also altered my latest to comply with the new regulations.

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Carth Dookie posted:

First painting with the new brush and paper setup didn't go well. Waiting for it to dry, but not hopeful. :/

You owe us an attempt, I am really curious about your stuff.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Next study for the art dome.This is going somewhere.

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Keetron posted:

You owe us an attempt, I am really curious about your stuff.

It's a bin job. Not posting it. I plan to have another crack at it since I like the idea, just not how it turned out.

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

there's nothing wrong here in montana
what should I animate, goons?

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

People rotating around is a nice challenge imo.

I should try that again myself, in fact.

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Clapping Larry

Neon Noodle posted:

Cute alien with a pie. There's an alien mouf coming outta the pie.

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

hey just draw a niko why dont ya

gmc9987
Jul 25, 2007

Neon Noodle posted:

A skeleton who climbs out of a grave, and then trips and hits its head and dies and becomes a ghost.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Neon Noodle posted:

the darkened spot behind a convenience store where the grease trap and dumpster are, a cat is trying to catch a cockroach while in the background the neon and halogen and fluorescent lights flicker, brightly lighting a deserted sidewalk

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Neon Noodle posted:

Draw your drawing hand as it is drawing your drawing hand while you draw with it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Neon Noodle posted:

The skin falling off a globe, leaving a skull underneath. :emo:

Open mike = free models + entertainment.