Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
That known issues list is hilarious and really speaks to how fundamentally busted this game is. They have all these completely bonkers issues with systems that were put in the game years ago and still problem crop up constantly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Don't doxx my bed.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Are they really pushing out a version that's only going to be live for 24 hours? Bandwidth ain't free, what's that gonna cost them when their 3000 remaining whales all d/l it?

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Over under on number of server resets during that time set at 1.5

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

No really, everything's looking good for Star Citizen. New sale soon!

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

That loving ship glitched so hard that it Cronenburged some of the player models

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Sarsapariller posted:

That loving ship glitched so hard that it Cronenburged some of the player models

And the FPS tanked.

mjotto
Nov 8, 2017
Tonked!

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://old.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/d77zzy/star_citizen_roadmap_update_20190920/

https://old.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/d78078/squadron_42_roadmap_update_20190920/

Armadillo Tank
Mar 26, 2010

Beet Wagon posted:

Of all the loving things they could have added here, at the hour in which even their fans are getting mad, I absolutely would not have picked "instanced map for the bad FPS game mode" lol, much less one that bears a striking resemblance to parts of the Titanfall 2 map 'Complex.' What on Earth would possess you to devote even a moment's worth of effort to this???

This map is likely a sq42 derivative. Maybe asteroid caves or something. Have they done anything patchwise to star marine before this recently?

Armadillo Tank
Mar 26, 2010

Yeah there isn't even a star marine roadmap. Only other option beside sq42 is this was part of some poor souls application portfolio.

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Lol MS flight 2020 completely blows SC out of the water in terms of fidelity and apparently now comes with procedural grass

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.

monkeytek posted:

How the gently caress does

"The Emod Suppressor barrel attachment can cause a client crash when used."

An attachment cause a client crash?

Chris's obsessive attention to detail requires a full-physics simulation of every internal plate and baffle reacting to the pressure wave as the bullet passes.

THAT's fideliteh.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Lord Stimperor posted:

Lol MS flight 2020 completely blows SC out of the water in terms of fidelity and apparently now comes with procedural grass

Yeah that's good and all but can you mine the grass ?

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Armadillo Tank posted:

Yeah there isn't even a star marine roadmap. Only other option beside sq42 is this was part of some poor souls application portfolio.

Lol it turns out the Citizens were right about the hidden dev roadmap, but the monkey's paw is that it's all pointless bullshit

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

monkeytek posted:

How the gently caress does

"The Emod Suppressor barrel attachment can cause a client crash when used."

An attachment cause a client crash?

My guess: unhandled Exception.

Armadillo Tank
Mar 26, 2010

Lord Stimperor posted:

Next ship sale will be an space traffic control ship concept sale thus stealing a critical part of the flight sim community.

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.

After calling anyone with a [Concern] an "insecure little downer", citizen SpaceRamenMaster seems to have had a hissy fit and deleted their account.

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

SpaceRamenMonster = Deleted

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Armadillo Tank posted:

Next ship sale will be an space traffic control ship concept sale thus stealing a critical part of the flight sim community.

I am still waiting for hall monitor gameplay. There are far too many people running in the hallways and I can't stand it :mad:

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Lord Stimperor posted:

I am still waiting for hall monitor gameplay. There are far too many people running in the hallways and I can't stand it :mad:

What happens if the offender phases through the hallway? Is it a cautionary tale?

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Their hearts will explode when they run. It's realistic. :goonsay:

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
*Universe is experiencing heat death*

'Just a few more months..... it's been so long..... need to keep going for the dreams of my father's...... father's....... father's......'

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Fargin Icehole posted:

What happens if the offender phases through the hallway? Is it a cautionary tale?

The inevitable consequences of space running

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
I understand why backers are sometimes conflicted. If they want the next gameplay loop, they have to keep giving money to CIG. At the same time, every time they give CIG money, they're delaying their access to the pinnacle of Star Citizen : the "frantic fan attempts to salvage the project after CIG collapses" gameplay.

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?
Adding brand new features to your roadmap 2 weeks before launch does not seem like good project management.

At what point did some people, start working on a new FPS map for star marine? A game mode that no one plays and is not connected at all to the deliverable items? How many artists, programmers, designers, testers dedicated time to it? Who decided it was a priority and why?

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?
Its also strange that their twitter engagement on any post is a fraction of the amount of "pledges" made during their multi-hundred dollar ship sales, which might only appeal to only the most hardcore whales.

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Hah, looks one guy who was defending to the hilt got slapped by a mod and then they deleted their account.

EDIT: Correction

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Whose excited for the accountancy app coming in 3.9?

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Agony Aunt posted:

Whose excited for the accountancy app coming in 3.9?

I've always wanted to be a corporate middle manager. In space!

Wait, isn't this just EVE Online? I mean, with some of these framerates...

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
What Sandi feared the most from her staff not shaving: crabs have infested the project! :ohdear:

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Nicholas posted:

Adding brand new features to your roadmap 2 weeks before launch does not seem like good project management.

At what point did some people, start working on a new FPS map for star marine? A game mode that no one plays and is not connected at all to the deliverable items? How many artists, programmers, designers, testers dedicated time to it? Who decided it was a priority and why?

I guess they could use the map as a training module for squadron 42.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Quavers posted:

What Sandi feared the most from her staff not shaving: crabs have infested the project! :ohdear:

Armadillo Tank
Mar 26, 2010

Nicholas posted:

Its also strange that their twitter engagement on any post is a fraction of the amount of "pledges" made during their multi-hundred dollar ship sales, which might only appeal to only the most hardcore whales.

Around 400 pages before the last thread ended were agent posts stating that sub $100 buyers had dried up and most of all new sales were from existing whales.

Bootcha said the same as well.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Awesome death robot of many spinny blades was called "Maximillion" if my memory serves. :)

skeletors_condom
Jul 21, 2017

Quavers posted:

:five:

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Armadillo Tank posted:

Around 400 pages before the last thread ended were agent posts stating that sub $100 buyers had dried up and most of all new sales were from existing whales.

Bootcha said the same as well.

https://twitter.com/The_Blood_Claw/status/1175160753491513344

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Is everyone on twitter a wannabe influencer now?

Does anyone still just twit about poo poo they actually enjoy?