Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Fil5000 posted:

I mean, except The Twin Dilemma, we're not monsters.

there's always that one person who jumps in with ASIDE FROM PERI GETTING CHOKED,

*waits*

*extremely sixth doctor from Zagreus voice* any minute now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Chokes McGee posted:

there's always that one person who jumps in with ASIDE FROM PERI GETTING CHOKED,

*waits*

*extremely sixth doctor from Zagreus voice* any minute now

Don't kinkshame

Note: I have never seen Twin Dilemma

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Vinylshadow posted:

Don't kinkshame

Note: I have never seen Twin Dilemma

that's a suspiciously specific denial :thunk:

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

How dorky would it be to buy 13's coat and just use it... as a coat. Like, in every day life.

I've never bought a woman's coat before and I quite like hers.

Even pre-transition, I never wore coats. Always preferred flannels and hoodies, but even women's cut flannels read as men's clothing to strangers, much to my great frustration.

Funnily enough, my only two coats are a brown coat quite similar to Malcolm Reynolds' from Firefly and I was gifted a long leather trench I only wore a couple of times with dress clothes (and once for Halloween when I was Spike from Buffy) that's fairly close to 9's.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
It's actually probably less dorky to wear it now than it was before she started wearing it, because it's kind of a weird coat.

If you find it for sale somewhere though let me know because I also want one.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
go for it. looks cozy and being a turbodork is very in right now

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I have an Indiana Jones jacket made by the same little shop in England that made them for Raiders and Crusade that I wear the few times it gets cold here and no one has ever noticed it’s from a movie. It’s a bit more normal looking than 13’s coat though.

I did have a brown corduroy coat similar to 4’s at one point that I wore all the time and that thing was comfortable as heck.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Cleretic posted:

It's actually probably less dorky to wear it now than it was before she started wearing it, because it's kind of a weird coat.

If you find it for sale somewhere though let me know because I also want one.
Not on sale, but Hot Topic has it for 80 bucks US down to the TARDIS lining and my first transition birthday is next week and while I don't have more money than sense, I do have a credit card and painful need to do something nice for myself to mark the occasion.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

LividLiquid posted:

Not on sale, but Hot Topic has it for 80 bucks US down to the TARDIS lining and my first transition birthday is next week and while I don't have more money than sense, I do have a credit card and painful need to do something nice for myself to mark the occasion.

Hot Topic’s quality is a bit hit or miss. I picked up their Stranger Things Hopper shirt recently, and while it’s nice, it had loose threads all over the place before I tidied it up. Definitely have a decent look over it first and make sure it’s something you can actually wear as clothes rather than just cosplay.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

13's coat rules because it's also a hoody. The REALLY important bit though are her boots, which absolutely loving rule the school forever.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

The Doctor Who version of "My uncle works at Nintendo"

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Davros1 posted:

The Doctor Who version of "My uncle works at Nintendo"

Robert Mugabe's illegitimate, Kiwi child?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The recent Australia vs. New Zealand war in season 4 of Preacher was clearly their way of trying to draw attention to the plight of their poor tapes.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/80sscifidoc/status/1174237336625930241?s=20

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Sent in my Benny script Tuesday but still haven't gotten any kind of "We have received your submission" e-mail back. They're probably just a little overwhelmed by volume but hopefully mine got through.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Maxwell Lord posted:

Sent in my Benny script Tuesday but still haven't gotten any kind of "We have received your submission" e-mail back. They're probably just a little overwhelmed by volume but hopefully mine got through.

First time I sent in a script for their Paul Spragg Memorial Contest I got back an almost instant personal reply thanking me for the submission and saying they really liked what I wrote. A buddy of mine also sent one in around the same time and got a similar reply, so I think the guy running the contest was just super eager and just replying to everybody who at least could string a sentence together to give them a thumbs up. I imagine they probably either got quickly overwhelmed or realized it was probably not productive to tell everybody they liked their work and risk raising false hope.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

I’m doing final editing today and sending it off this evening (I work best under deadline pressure).

How long are your synopses? The guide has one at 500 words, fitting on one page, but I’m currently at 600 words and still need to add a little detail.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
Eccleston talked a little bit about why he refused to take part in the 50th recently: http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/eccleston-on-why-he-declined-50th-anniversary-return-91124.htm

quote:

“I liked Steven Moffat a lot. I considered it. But it had an enormous emotional impact on me, what happened with Doctor Who.

“As the series was going out, as the series was being celebrated I was being vilified in the press in the UK because of the statement that the BBC issued.

“And it caused quite a depression in me that year. While everybody was going ‘Doctor Who’s great – he’s great and he’s gone’. Because they [the BBC] kind of smeared me and told lies about me.”

(...)

“The virtue of that is that we then get the War Doctor. Because if I’d have come back you wouldn’t have got the War Doctor – the War Doctor was there precisely because the Ninth Doctor wasn’t.”

“And John Hurt’s a far better actor than me, and that opened up a whole new dimension. So it was a positive thing really.”

Muppetjedi
Mar 17, 2010
The fact he's calling John Hurt 'The War Doctor' instead of just John Hurt makes me so weirdly happy.

I've been fanboy annoyed with Chris over the years (especially as he's 'My Doctor') but I'm really glad to see him starting to embrace the community and puts his previous comments into perspective.

Muppetjedi fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Sep 20, 2019

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Boy, talk about a double-edged sword between getting Eccleston back, or having John Hurt, but not both

Another Four-Doctor teamup would've been interesting to see

Voting Floater
May 19, 2019

A video of that Eccleston panel popped up in my Youtube recommendations yesterday and it's an interesting watch. It overall seemed quite positive, but he can be hilariously intense at times. His response to the typical cute lil kid question begins "my dad was suffering from dementia...".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvjPy6n5hKc

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

THREAD

https://twitter.com/dwpageofficial/status/1175054104978231296?s=20

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Hearing about Eccleston doing better mentally and physically and also starting to embrace the fandom warms the hell out of my soul. He seems like a genuinely cool dude.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Submission submitted! Eeeeeeeeeee

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Yeah, I'm really glad to hear that Eccleston is doing well and feeling happier. Also it meant we got to see stuff like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmLKWHpHxnY

:3:

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Hearing about Eccleston doing better mentally and physically and also starting to embrace the fandom warms the hell out of my soul. He seems like a genuinely cool dude.

Yep. You're The Doctor whether you like it or not! We won't give up on you. We never gave up on Tom. You willlll beeee like uzzzzzzz!

And gently caress yeah that he's enough of a fanboy now to say "poo poo, I'm GLAD I didn't show up so we could get the War Doctor!"

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Very glad to hear Eccleston is doing better with his struggles, he was a great Doctor and I'm happy to see that the love of the fans has enabled him to look past the bad things he experienced on the show and turn them into positives. :unsmith:

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/SBCranford/status/1175308129845874688?s=20

https://twitter.com/SBCranford/status/1175288228166950912?s=20

Oh, John

Davros1 fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Sep 21, 2019

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Oh I was just about to post that. Clearly they were having no success with Kamelion’s programming.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Holy crap, that baby

https://twitter.com/bigfinish/status/1175403685163208704?s=20

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Aww, baby Sontaran!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Seriously, that's a baby Sontaran, right?
Wait... they're mass produced clones who come out at full maturity.... :thunk:

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Jerusalem posted:

Seriously, that's a baby Sontaran, right?
Wait... they're mass produced clones who come out at full maturity.... :thunk:

"We were quite confused when Strax asked for an unaltered clone... Pure genetic replication. No tampering with the structure to make it more docile... and no growth acceleration..."

https://twitter.com/bigfinish/status/1175004237614473216

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

The_Doctor posted:

Aww, baby Sontaran!

Please please please be spud baby.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh man, haven't bought any Big Finish for awhile but this was too good to pass up.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
That is either a potato baby or auton baby

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

oh my god I've only just understood Colin Baker's twitter handle now

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Burkion posted:

That is either a potato baby or auton baby

Or a Gif Meme Baby.