Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

rubbin's racin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I knew Pastor was having a hard time, but i didn't realize he fell this far.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Goddamn

Somebody's getting a talking-to after the race

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Real life Forza multiplayer.

an oddly awful oud
May 1, 2008

all my friends are pieces of shit

Remember a bunch of weeks ago when someone posted about that amateur racing series with no licensing requirements?

This is exactly what I envisioned in my head

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
S5000 had their first ever qualifying race today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57h2ul5Q180

Tim Macrow won, Barrichello ended up 7th. 2nd Qualifying Heat & Feature Race tomorrow.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

an oddly awful oud posted:

Remember a bunch of weeks ago when someone posted about that amateur racing series with no licensing requirements?

no, but we do have an indycar thread

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

I don't know what's worse: their behavior, or the fact they are racing smart cars.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Kilonum posted:

I don't know what's worse: their behavior, or the fact they are racing smart cars.

Underpowered shitboxes are some of the best racing so no. Smart car racing rules

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

This is exactly what I envisioned in my head

The nissan micra cup where you can buy a $20k race car and go racing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJkmAFi0nI4

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmgJ58ASr8U

ARX COTA Finals, Live

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

https://twitter.com/IMSA/status/1179549589491322882

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.
I am so loving pissed. Corvette invited me and a handful of other journalists “to attend a private media backgrounder at the race track, where we’ll showcase the new C8.R and provide details on the mid-engine race car for the first time.”

That’s scheduled for October 10th. And now they show off the loving race car with the convertible.

Must be some new definition of “for the first time” that GM has decided upon, or something.

an oddly awful oud
May 1, 2008

Ehhh

Something about the C8 in general just refuses to work for me no matter how many pictures of it I see

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

cool, it's a Ferrari 458.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
They went from something quintessionally American to the equivalent of all the [Famous] [Original] Ray's [Original Famous] pizzerias in New York.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Wirth1000 posted:

It's more Ferrari 360 to me.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

it pisses off boomers so it owns

an oddly awful oud
May 1, 2008

Wirth1000 posted:

No the 458/488 are beautiful cars. The C8 looks visually very heavy and bulky. Like a Huracan by way of a Camaro. Everything aft of the B-pillar is just woof

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

drgitlin posted:

I am so loving pissed. Corvette invited me and a handful of other journalists “to attend a private media backgrounder at the race track, where we’ll showcase the new C8.R and provide details on the mid-engine race car for the first time.”

That’s scheduled for October 10th. And now they show off the loving race car with the convertible.

Must be some new definition of “for the first time” that GM has decided upon, or something.

They didn't announce details about it, just revealed it, and 'showcase' isn't 'reveal', so I dunno what you're on about, they're doing what they say they are.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Fauxhawk Express posted:

:yeah:

If I had money and were stupid enough to buy a launch year redesign of a car I would throw down, but I don't have enough scratch to throw down on a 65k+ loan, nor am I stupid enough to throw down on a brand new car design where all the things will go wrong all at once simultaneously leading to more time in the mechanic's shop than time spent driving.

Also I'm wary of really any of the Big 3's cars because they're overpriced and underquality compared to a lot of their competition.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Fauxhawk Express posted:

that is right

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

Fauxhawk Express posted:

best part is it's an objectively better car too

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

drgitlin posted:

Whoops! Time to fire some questions to the PR person.

an oddly awful oud
May 1, 2008

I will be genuinely shocked if the new Corvette manages to shed the geriatric image

I know a couple people who've ordered them and, you guessed it, they're boomers

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

I will be genuinely shocked if the new Corvette manages to shed the geriatric image

I know a couple people who've ordered them and, you guessed it, they're boomers

it wont because theyre the only people who can reliably afford them

Humbug
Dec 3, 2006
Bogus
The Wales rally is on this weekend. Mud, rain and trees for this classic rally. First service park super special starts in about 2 hours from this post, before the action gets going properly on Friday. There are only 3 events left with a spicy 3-way battle for the championship heating up.

https://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/livecenter/page/4175----.html
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1pLIbKf0WA

an oddly awful oud
May 1, 2008

Proud Christian Mom posted:

it wont because theyre the only people who can reliably afford them

I mean yeah you can’t get them with chrome wheels anymore but your average boomer diaper sled was always an automatic convertible in some loud color. It’s not like the new one only comes as a white FRC with a mandatory clutch to challenge your arthritic knee. And moving the engine to the middle for More Performance was always a lampshade hung over the reality that the idea of performance is far more important than actual performance because most of these cars are driven almost exclusively in a sedate fashion, well below the threshold at which the polar moment of inertia is going to matter much anyway

Anyway, IMSA took another 15kg off the Cadillacs for Petit Le Mans so maybe they might actually win a race again

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

hey man some boomers do drive their corvettes to the limit, like the one who showed up to a track day a couple years ago with his brand new c7 that had less than 500 miles on it. it totally justified his purchasing that performance car as he was *checks notes* a full 40 seconds slower than my bone stock non-turbo sw20 and indeed the slowest car on the whole track

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

drgitlin posted:

I didn't get my invite at all, the whole launch is hosed.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

hey man some boomers do drive their corvettes to the limit, like the one who showed up to a track day a couple years ago with his brand new c7 that had less than 500 miles on it. it totally justified his purchasing that performance car as he was *checks notes* a full 40 seconds slower than my bone stock non-turbo sw20 and indeed the slowest car on the whole track

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/highway-401-three-vehicle-collision-1.5245133

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

40 seconds!? poo poo!

Actually I’d say they enjoyed themselves more than you did that day, trundling around the track in their new car.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

what track was this

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Fauxhawk Express posted:

what track was this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NjmkJ38nbI

worth noting that i too was pretty slow owing to my tires being garbage tier bottom-of-the-barrel no-brand dogshit from les schwab but i was still faster than that dude lmao

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.
Anyone know if the DTM x SuperGT race is viewable in the US?

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

That big 35 on the Motul GTR :swoon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qImPRRUK904

an oddly awful oud
May 1, 2008

Is there anything to even say about the Fuji 6 Hours or the WEC at this point?

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

Is there anything to even say about the Fuji 6 Hours or the WEC at this point?

I'm not totally through the race replay yet but the success handicap is making LMP1 more interesting, as is ginettas finding all the bugs in their car (like exploding brake disks). GTE pro has a lot of promise despite the small grid, as long as they can stop getting penalties. P2 and Am are pretty good as well. Overall I've enjoyed watching it so far.

The ginettas are *mad* quick in a straight line, holy poo poo. Traffic management is definitely still the huge advantage for the hybrids, but they're very close, if not a little slower on single lap pace now

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind
There are VLC HD streams available for Bathurst this weekend via the Bathurst Channel FOX 506. Plug these into VLC and you're good to go. These may get choppy as more people view them but for things like the support series they should be fine.

US server - http://motorsport-us.cf:8081/

EU server - http://motorsport-eu.cf:8081/

TV Schedule (AEDT) - https://www.foxtel.com.au/tv-guide.html/channel/FOX-SPORTS-506/SPS

Support series practices are starting as I post this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Supercars also stream their practice sessions live on YouTube, so keep an eye on their page: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=user?V8SupercarsOfficial. First practice starts in about an hour from this post.