Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

AITA for bleeding into an ruining a gigantic vat of chilli?

There is no loving way that you have a nosebleed bad enough to drip and don’t feel it, short of the very unlikely “just had a shitload of cavities filled, entire face is still numb” scenario.

E: In the comments they say they were enraptured by (their words) a coworker’s karaoke performance, which is.... a lot to unpack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
Should I (28m) be more flexible negotiating a prenup with my fiancé (27f)?

quote:

I proposed to my fiancé about 3 months ago and everything was merry until I brought up a prenuptial agreement. I always knew if I got married I would want a prenup, but never brought it up because none of our conversations drifted in that particular direction and I was too pussy to bring it up because I almost knew she wouldn't want one. So I when I brought up the prenup about a month after proposing she was furious that I would even consider "game planning for us to break up". After a while of back and forth she finally came around and decided that we could get one but we have to make it together so its a fair agreement.

Initially I was on board with this and was happy that the tension was easing up a little, but then I realized I just agreed to something that I'm actually not even ok with. The reason why I'm not ok with this is because I make significantly more money than her. When my granddad died (who I miss dearly btw) he was filthy loving rich and left me and my brother with an inheritance that's probably comparable to winning the jackpot on some lottery. With this money and my real estate agent knowledge, I've grown a nice portfolio of properties that's racking in about nineteen times my fiancé's salary. So after thinking about that for a while I backtracked on my decision.

I told her that the prenup that I had my lawyer initially put on the table (I essentially told him to type me up a document that says if we get a divorce, I don't owe her a penny whether it be cash, assets, cars, houses, etc.) is the only one that I'm signing, and that I'm not willing to budge even a little. She is usually a VERY timid girl so when she gave me the most explosive rant I had ever heard from ANYBODY in my entire life I was taken aback. She explained to me about how I wasn't being fair to her at all and that essentially if we break up I can just go about my life and she's hosed over with nothing.

Now my thinking here is 1: I don't give a gently caress about "fairness". Thats a term parents and teachers tell little kids to get them to share toys. And 2: that its not my fault that I make significantly more than her, therefore it shouldn't be my responsibility to pay her a drat thing if we break up. Because I'm wealthy and she makes like 45k a year means that means that I have to pay for the ending of our mutual partnership? Just how the gently caress is that fair?! I didn't hire the one of the best and most expensive lawyers I could find to draft a prenup that both makes me untouchable and won't get thrown out in court, just to negotiate some new contract that basically tells me how much she gets to take from me beforehand. At this point, I'm thinking she either signs those papers, or we just stay boyfriend and girlfriend, because either way I'm as safe as I want to be. She however, is absolutely hysterical about how stubborn I'm being. She wants to marry me but feels like I'm treating her like a kid by not giving her any say so in this matter. I don't have problem sharing money with her while we're together. But paying for her after a break up doesn't even make sense to me. Am I being too inflexible by sticking to my guns and anchoring my feet here? Should I really negotiate with her and give her some safety net with my keyword my money?

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

Pinecone Sample posted:

sounds like you really love your fiancé dude

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

quote:

At this point, I'm thinking she either signs those papers, or we just stay boyfriend and girlfriend

Gonna find out real quick what secret option #3 is.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
All I want is for her to pledge her life to me, while retaining the option to kick her out any time I feel like it and leave her with nothing to show for the time she gave to me. Is that really so unreasonable, asks human-shaped garbage sculpture

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Cythereal posted:

Girl, you are not his girlfriend. You are the other woman.

They've been dating 4 months long distance. I wouldn't take her to a friend's wedding either.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420

Straight White Shark posted:

Gonna find out real quick what secret option #3 is.

Does he have to give her money under this option?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Ugly In The Morning posted:

There is no loving way that you have a nosebleed bad enough to drip and don’t feel it, short of the very unlikely “just had a shitload of cavities filled, entire face is still numb” scenario.

E: In the comments they say they were enraptured by (their words) a coworker’s karaoke performance, which is.... a lot to unpack.

I've had some that I thought were just allergies until I wiped my nose, but I wouldn't be leaning over chili with (what I thought was) dribbly mucous either.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Bruceski posted:

I've had some that I thought were just allergies until I wiped my nose, but I wouldn't be leaning over chili with (what I thought was) dribbly mucous either.

Having your face over a pot you're stirring is an awful idea for so many reasons, regardless of what youre stirring

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
So the guy makes roughly 900k a year in income from inheritance money and he wants to talk about what is fair.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

Bruceski posted:

"Don't look at how they treat you, look at how they treat the staff" is pretty much the first rule of getting a read on a date. It's an old one, my mother said her grandmother told it to her. Also works well for job interviews, investment pitches, judging politicians, and any other situation where someone might be trying to put up a facade.

This old nugget also has an interesting sidenote tho - if someone is waaaay too nice to the waitstaff in a showy way, also be suspicious. Bc they probably know you're trying to gauge their character on that and overcompensating/covering over. Some types of lovely dudes have figured out people pick it up as a red flag so they take special care.

I grew up with an abuser who was monstrous to his family behind closed doors but usually pretty nice to waitstaff, bc he knew that it reflected on the public perception of him. Also, he knew better than to piss off the people who handle your food.

Leon Einstein posted:

So the guy makes roughly 900k a year in income from inheritance money and he wants to talk about what is fair.

Plus the fact that he crows about hiring the most expensive lawyer to make him untouchable in a breakup and bc of that is so unwilling to even negotiate some of the points makes me think he's really not ready to be married.

Soooo use your expensive lawyer to help you modify and draft up a document that works for both of you, dumb-dumb. Jfc. If you can't even do that, don't get married.

StrangersInTheNight fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Sep 21, 2019

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

StrangersInTheNight posted:

This old nugget also has an interesting sidenote tho - if someone is waaaay too nice to the waitstaff in a showy way, also be suspicious. Bc they probably know you're trying to gauge their character on that and overcompensating/covering over. Some types of lovely dudes have figured out people pick it up as a red flag so they take special care.

I grew up with an abuser who was monstrous to his family behind closed doors but usually pretty nice to waitstaff, bc he knew that it reflected on the public perception of him. Also, he knew better than to piss off the people who handle your food.

the problem is telling the difference between this reason for the behavior and similar behavior that is based on having worked restaurants and knowing it sucks

I went out to dinner with some people from work once and got accused of virtue signaling/being a creepy niceguy bc I tipped our waitress 20% despite the unacceptable fact that they took kinda a long time to refill drinks and bring the check, in a restaurant on a Friday night with no open tables

e: was also told that it was weird to thank the waitress every time she refilled our drinks, which is depressing to me

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Leon Einstein posted:

If he is so loving wealthy, giving her a piece of it if the relationship ends shouldn't be a be a big deal. Basically he is saying if the relationship ends, and relationships end sometimes for non-horrible reasons he is already planning on screwing her out of spite. Run lady!

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

I(24f) met my gf(22f) through her mom(48f) whom I used to be intimate with......

quote:

Okay so I cut hair and met both through this but some more back story. I was cutting the moms hair (we'll call her Delilah) for awhile when we started becoming kind of like FWB. No feelings were caught or nothing just fun and all at my place. This was about two years ago. Well about a year ago her daughter came in (we'll call her Jess-shes the reason this is a throw away btw) telling me her mom delilah told her to come here since she no longer liked her own stylist. Things go super well and eventually we exchanged numbers and then started dating. I ofc cut things off with Delilah. Well I've been pretty lucky so far. I made sure to schedule them on different days and neither have ever mentioned anything about my relationships with the other. So I'm pretty sure they dont know anything about the others situation. In fact I'm pretty sure they dont know each other is lgbt (Delilah is bi and Jess is gay), at least yet anyways because then on Friday, yesterday, Jess said she wanted me to come meet her brothers and get to know Delilah better. I told her I am uncomfortable with meeting multiple new people at a time(I am, not a lie) and that I would think on it. But in reality I'm stressing because how do I go hey old fling- I'm dating your daughter now! Oh also gf I used to gently caress your mom! Like no matters what happens I cant see myself being comfortable because this feels like it will go very awkwardly.

Tl;Dr I slept with my gfs mom before we dated, now I may have to be in a room with both of them at the same time what do I do ??

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
you see, me having a high score of money that has reached a point where I derive no functional utility or even really additional luxury from it is worth keeping my wife from having any sense of security in our marriage and making it a potentially ruinous decision to leave me

oh wait, that’s what I wanted to do anyway!!

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

the problem is telling the difference between this reason for the behavior and similar behavior that is based on having worked restaurants and knowing it sucks

I went out to dinner with some people from work once and got accused of virtue signaling/being a creepy niceguy bc I tipped our waitress 20% despite the unacceptable fact that they took kinda a long time to refill drinks and bring the check, in a restaurant on a Friday night with no open tables

e: was also told that it was weird to thank the waitress every time she refilled our drinks, which is depressing to me

Oh noooo :( I thank the waitress too, it's reflexive - I see you're paying attention to me! Thank you! I appreciate it!

I meant really perfomatively over the top. My dad was the guy who wanted to know about the waiter's life and charmed the heck out of everyone, he just was never able to extend that same love and grace to his own family.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Mooseykins posted:

Oh i see. So instead of multiple seperate personalities, it's more of a person's single personality split into two "modes" of their "normal mode" and their "dissociative coping method" mode? The same personality, but exhibiting very different traits as coping method?

Would they switch between "modes" based on the situation they're in at a given time, or would it switch randomly?

Fascinating subject, maybe we need a dedicated thread for it. I love psychology and read about it frequently (Although don't always fully understand it.) partly out of curiousity to try and understand my own personality traits.

With stress-based dissociation, it occurs specifically due to something stressful. A big problem is that people with BPD also often end up with severe anxiety problems and depression, so just the normal stress of life that a neurotypical person could handle can trigger it. My friend dissociated just while we were at a bar because of issues she was overthinking in her life combined with a bout of depression. She didn't even remember doing it and it was absolutely terrifying to witness.

This is also where you get the trope of "repressed memories". Because their brain dissociated to save itself during severe trauma, the person may have forgotten what occurred. This doesn't mean dissociation is necessarily an "alternate personality", though. Outwardly it can manifest as numbness, as if they're unresponsive or in a dream state. Inwardly it's disconnecting from reality, feeling that what's occurring or even that you aren't real, like you're an outside observer of your body without control. This can also include temporary loss of memory of what occurred and a loss of their own identity.

iustorum_anime
Apr 4, 2016

How do I (M19) put my arm around my new girlfriend (F18) if I have really short arms?

quote:

The physics doesn't really work. She has her head on my shoulder, and the effortless shoulder grab that most other guys can pull off just doesn't work for me. See the attached diagram: https://imgur.com/a/oPFmgSv Would it be easier if I just held her waist? Should I just leave my arm down?

Also, when a girl puts their head on your shoulder, are you supposed to put your head on top of theirs (kind of like a head cuddle thing)? Or just leave your head straight up?

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

I'd like you to now turn to appendix D, sub-section L in the Guide to Touching Women, we're going to discuss breasts now.

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum

chitoryu12 posted:

In this case it manifested as her dissociation being referring to herself by an old nickname and becoming much more willing to engage in risky or self-harming behavior, which she may or may not have memory of after she snaps out of it.

The lack of memory thing is interesting. I've wondered before if some of the things reported by apparently mentally ill people on the internet could be explained by something like that.
Regulars of the political cartoon thread will remember Dees, who believed the CIA were breaking into his house to sinisterly pile up his sneakers. Then there's the "gangstalking victims" who think people are breaking in to rearrange their furniture and steal their medication. I wonder if having an internal security camera recording what's actually going on in their house would help someone like that, or if they'd just start to believe they were being impersonated also.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Mooseykins posted:

Also, what does all this red pill/blue pill stuff mean?

Red pill means you accept that you’re transgendered and decide to transition with all the difficulties it takes, blue pill means that you stick with your birth gender and deny your dysphoria

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

AITA for wanting to go to Disney and leaving my pregnant wife and one year old behind?

quote:

Here is the scenario, my (34 yr old M) parents own a condo near Disney World. Growing up, we spent all of the holidays at this condo and going to the parks, which is why Disney is one of my favorite places on earth. On top of this, I have found out that Disney is going to be revamping Epcot and by the time I go with my family and kids, it will be totally different. My parents are now retired and have decided to sell the condo for some extra money. My wife (31) and I have a lot going on right now as we have a 13 month old daughter and she is 20 weeks pregnant with our son, so I understood that it may be very difficult to visit the condo one last time. I am also saving up my leave at work for when the baby is born, so even more difficult to get there. Today, while driving in the car to lunch with friends, my wife said she might go to her hometown (an hour from where we live) to visit family in October for the weekend. She said it would be nice if I came, but not a big deal if I didn't. For awareness, I love her family and we are together all of the time. It's not like I don't see them often. It also happened to be a weekend where I already have Friday off, so I was thinking I could leave Thursday after work and come back on Sunday morning and spend a couple of days at the condo and see Epcot. She doesn't think it's a good idea that I go since she is pregnant and we have a one year old and its a plane ride away. This is our dilemma. Please discuss!

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Hobnob posted:

The lack of memory thing is interesting. I've wondered before if some of the things reported by apparently mentally ill people on the internet could be explained by something like that.
Regulars of the political cartoon thread will remember Dees, who believed the CIA were breaking into his house to sinisterly pile up his sneakers. Then there's the "gangstalking victims" who think people are breaking in to rearrange their furniture and steal their medication. I wonder if having an internal security camera recording what's actually going on in their house would help someone like that, or if they'd just start to believe they were being impersonated also.

Could be, though it could also be paranoid delusions causing them to see changes that aren't there or have logical explanations. Dissociation is most common in people who have suffered severe trauma and everyone I know who's suffered from it has borderline personality disorder caused by an abusive childhood.

ScentOfAnOtaku
Aug 25, 2006

I have no control, I just keep eating, and eating.

Pinecone Sample posted:

I(24f) met my gf(22f) through her mom(48f) whom I used to be intimate with......

Lol this will work out well I'm sure. I hope we get an update on it.

Edit: Disney dad is an idiot and can gently caress right off.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

ScentOfAnOtaku posted:

Lol this will work out well I'm sure. I hope we get an update on it.

Edit: Disney dad is an idiot and can gently caress right off.

He was a Disney son BEFORE he was a dad

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Hobnob posted:

The people actively blocking things out/hallucinating this bizarre parallel life of intrigue are generally doing it as a coping mechanism for something and aren't going to just go 'oh, I stand corrected' when faced with contradictory info. Like the gangstalking guys aren't just factually mistaken on where they left their shoes they're straight up schizophrenic, and an elaborate conspiracy of everpresent strangers to subtly gently caress with their reality is how they make sense of their brain constantly feeding them nonsense

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Sep 21, 2019

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

The people actively blocking things out/hallucinating this bizarre parallel life of intrigue are generally doing it as a coping mechanism for something and aren't going to just go 'oh, I stand corrected' when faced with contradictory info. They're not just factually mistaken in a way they can be reasoned out of.

Pretty much. I remember a while back I met some guy who had schizophrenia and he was talking about what it was like when he was unmedicated. He was saying that he felt like everything had a deep meaning to it, and how he would feel a ray of sunshine land on him and he’d know for a fact that it was god sending him a message saying that he didn’t need to eat or drink anything anymore.

You can’t reason yourself out of a mental illness like that

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Ziv Zulander posted:

Red pill means you accept that you’re transgendered and decide to transition with all the difficulties it takes, blue pill means that you stick with your birth gender and deny your dysphoria

This is a funny answer, because I think it's more or less actually what the directors actually had in mind.

But on the internet, where everything is terrible, 'red pill' means you're awake to certain 'facts' about women, like how they are cheating sluts, and why it's actually good to manipulate them. It's online neck beard woman haters who think they are smart.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

chitoryu12 posted:

Could be, though it could also be paranoid delusions causing them to see changes that aren't there or have logical explanations. Dissociation is most common in people who have suffered severe trauma and everyone I know who's suffered from it has borderline personality disorder caused by an abusive childhood.
I dissociate when I'm really depressed (derealization, everything feels off and dreamlike), but there's obviously a pretty big difference between that and dissociating so bad you might not even retain memories.

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Triangle tits and an annoying sex voice?

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

Hellblazer187 posted:

But on the internet, where everything is terrible, 'red pill' means you're awake to certain 'facts' about women, like how they are cheating sluts, and why it's actually good to manipulate them. It's online neck beard woman haters who think they are smart.

Ok, this is what i vaguely thought it meant, some kind of incel misogynistic attitude and weird pickup artist snide attacks meant to lower women's self esteem.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

chemtrail huffer posted:

How do I (M19) put my arm around my new girlfriend (F18) if I have really short arms?

Ah, such memories from when I was young and thought this sort of thing mattered.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Bruceski posted:

Ah, such memories from when I was young and thought this sort of thing mattered.

The most recent tyrannosaurus rex samples are 66 million years old but I guess youth is relative

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

chemtrail huffer posted:

The loving diagram killed me. Holy poo poo, everyone needs to click on that.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

The most recent tyrannosaurus rex samples are 66 million years old but I guess youth is relative

I said was young, not am.

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Triangle tits and an annoying sex voice?

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

limp_cheese posted:

The loving diagram killed me. Holy poo poo, everyone needs to click on that.

That was pretty special.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for doing a "nice guy" when a girl wouldn't date me?

I met up with a girl I used to be friends with many years ago. We stopped talking because she started dating a guy and brushing me off to the point where she didn't need to keep contact with me anymore.

They broke up, and she came running back and I blew her off. I felt so lovely about it because I heard much later on she had depression not long after and struggled making friends.

We met up recently and I apologized, she accepted. Not gonna lie, I was open to whatever happened. Whether she wants to be friends or date, I wasn't going to bail on friendship.

She made it clear she had a BF which sucks but I'm OK with. Eventually we started texting daily and hanging every week.

Something odd I noticed was she would always complain about having no money. She would suggest we'd go to mid priced places to eat, but then say "I didn't get paid from work so won't order anything".

And I just end up eating by myself. I've bought her food before when she was unemployed but she has a job now. Anyway she recently told me that when she was broke she went on tinder dates with guys to get a free dinner. That same day she brought up to me which places in my city do the best steak.

I told her I don't eat out often unless its a special occasion. She asked again about 5mins later and I changed the subject. We were supposed to hang out most of the day but she cut it off after 2hrs to go home after she dragged me to a restaurant she likes and we didn't get anything. She let me know she only had $25 in her account that has to last 2 days.

When she got her uber she started to cry.

I messaged her saying this just friends thing doesn't work for me and I don't want to go out for meals anymore and she just goes "sure, thanks for letting me know".

I text her a week later and ask how her week went. She didn't reply. After that I sent an angry text basically accusing her of trying to push my buttons to get free stuff from me and the friendship is officially over. AITA?

"I don't think I can be just friends."
"Ok."
"How did your week go?"
"..."
"YOU BITCH YOU WERE USING ME"

???

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Pinecone Sample posted:

"I don't give a gently caress about fairness that poo poo's for little kids so she deserves nothing, but also here's my 1000 word essay about how unfair alimony is"

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

AITA for hating my MIL peeping in my windows and ignoring her when she does?

quote:

I need a normal meter check because I don’t know if this is inherently rude or I if just have an oversensitive sense of privacy.

I don’t answer the door if I’m not expecting visitors. I’m an introvert who likes her own space, and I know my ILs don’t like to be left on the doorstep but if they don’t ask me if they can come by or ask if we’re available for a visit then I’m not going to reward that with a visit - I want them to stop dropping by, not be rewarded for doing so.

For a while it worked. I know they didn’t like it, but they were asking ahead of time to visit and we never said no. But now I am ready to drop with my second child and the uninvited visits and being left on the doorstep have started up again now that I’m on maternity leave and they know I’m at home.

On several occasions my MIL has not bothered to ring the doorbell or knock, and has gone straight to peeping into my living room window and knocking and waving to get the attention of me or my toddler instead. Once my toddler sees her grandma she starts pulling my hand to go and answer the door.

I fell for it the first time and MIL got a sneaky visit, but after that I ignored her and even when my toddler was dancing to go answer the door I left the room and went to distract her in the playroom where my MIL can’t see in.

I have told MIL to stop doing this. My husband has told his mother to stop doing this. I am worried that she is going to keep on at it knowing I will have a newborn and a toddler to wrangle in less than a week and I’m going to be exhausted.

I am freaking out at my husband insisting we need blinds on the front window and he just wants to talk to his mother some more.

Please tell me, am I an oversensitive rear end in a top hat or is my MIL a creep? (Or both!)

I have a mother who would do this but I introduced 3000 miles of distance and now it doesn't happen anymore (which now makes me realize that it was still happening when she lived ~100 miles away, holy poo poo).

I really don't understand this urge to drop by unannounced, even if you're family other people deserve a little advanced notice, just 1 phone call or even a text asking if it would be okay to come over would be fine!

Smackdillion
Feb 18, 2001

Someone paid :10bux: to give you this shitty icon and give Lowtax his cyborg spine parts

QuarkJets posted:

AITA for hating my MIL peeping in my windows and ignoring her when she does?

I have a mother who would do this but I introduced 3000 miles of distance and now it doesn't happen anymore (which now makes me realize that it was still happening when she lived ~100 miles away, holy poo poo).

I really don't understand this urge to drop by unannounced, even if you're family other people deserve a little advanced notice, just 1 phone call or even a text asking if it would be okay to come over would be fine!

It's easier to ask forgiveness than permission.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Midnight Voyager posted:

"I don't think I can be just friends."
"Ok."
"How did your week go?"
"..."
"YOU BITCH YOU WERE USING ME"

???

Somehow people are conditioned to think that ignoring a text is the worst insult you can possibly give.