Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Chilichimp posted:

I mean... you can support a politicians policy proposals without supporting their candidacy for president.

Yes, people can be very dumb. As evidenced by her previous tweets where she "claimed a hood" or some other cringeworthy poo poo from a white woman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/WillVanguard/status/1175500323911294978

https://twitter.com/donnabrazile/status/1174758610565554177

:fork:

We have to win or whole lotta people gonna die.

Nonsense fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Sep 21, 2019

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/1175524590359105536

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer

Chilichimp posted:

I'm not certain there is enough wealth to sustain that indefinitely.

Doesn't mean we shouldn't try. If we're wrong, oh well.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Chilichimp posted:

I'm not certain there is enough wealth to sustain that indefinitely.

doesn't really need to be, the transition is the only hard part

once we're switched over from the horrible private insurance system it'll almost certainly cost less overall than we're spending now and we can work the kinks out (although I'll grant that building funding into a program is something I support for "it's harder for the reactionaries to destroy it") reasons

also blah blah MMT blah blah "how do we pay for it" is the wrong question blah blah

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Tulsi had to delete a Tweet of her supporting Modi again (the linked tweet was active for an hour or so but is gone now)

https://twitter.com/EoinHiggins_/status/1175515784040390657

Glasses Optional
Apr 23, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I asked Tulsi Gabbard today if she would nominate an atheist to the supreme court and if she believes that religion is a good thing in government. She said absolutely to the atheist and called using Christian values as a basis for government "Antithetical to American democracy."

She's like my bottom 3 candidates out of the pack, but that was a good answer I thought :unsmith:

Thats my Tulsa Oklahoma story.

Edit: This was at the steak fry, not at a rally or anything.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Glasses Optional posted:

I asked Tulsi Gabbard today if she would nominate an atheist to the supreme court and if she believes that religion is a good thing in government. She said absolutely to the atheist and called using Christian values as a basis for government "Antithetical to American democracy."

She's like my bottom 3 candidates out of the pack, but that was a good answer I thought :unsmith:

Thats my Tulsa Oklahoma story.

next ask if she'd appoint a muslim justice

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

the funniest thing of the campaign so far was tulsi posting a thirst trap tweet on i think monday.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/banditelli/status/1175542936542433280

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

imagine trying to force Warren to become Bernie instead of just supporting Bernie jfc

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

https://twitter.com/PotatoesOGrady/status/1175432939225657344?s=19

Yikes. I initially thought Warren would be just as good as Bernie but now I don't even think I'd want her to have a spot in his cabinet.

That being said, I can completely understand why many people really want to see a woman in the White House and brushing them off with a sarcastic "We 👏 need 👏 more 👏 female 👏 billionaires" or whatever is lovely. I hope Bernie chooses a great woman who shares his values as VP and that she can succeed him. From what I've read Nina Turner seems to be the name that pops up most frequently.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

bowser posted:

Yikes. I initially thought Warren would be just as good as Bernie but now I don't even think I'd want her to have a spot in his cabinet.

That being said, I can completely understand why many people really want to see a woman in the White House and brushing them off with a sarcastic "We 👏 need 👏 more 👏 female 👏 billionaires" or whatever is lovely. I hope Bernie chooses a great woman who shares his values as VP and that she can succeed him. From what I've read Nina Turner seems to be the name that pops up most frequently.

Nina seems pretty awesome (someone please give me the rundown if she's not) and I would like her to be his second because it would also let me put aside concerns about his age.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes
What can we do stop Warren's "Centrist-roading" of the progressive movement? Or do you guys think this is just liberals trying to control the narrative and stop us from having faith in good and cool leftist candidates?

https://twitter.com/brianneDMR/status/1175560652812763136

Typo fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Sep 22, 2019

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

RuanGacho posted:

Nina seems pretty awesome (someone please give me the rundown if she's not) and I would like her to be his second because it would also let me put aside concerns about his age.

Nina Turner is a delightful human being and I will fight tooth and nail to make her VP and probably President after that.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Lol remember when Warren got cheers for dunking on Delaney by asking him why he was running for president if all he had to say was to tell us we couldn't do things?

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

lol identity politics voters are literally going to destroy the planet so a few minorities can be billionaires

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
The worst thing for warren to do is actually talk about her policies and beliefs because they clash very hard with the progressive brand she's made for herself

can't have people figuring out she's a fraud until after the primary

TrixR4kids
Jul 29, 2006

LOGIC AND COMMON SENSE? YOU AIN'T GET THAT FROM ME!

Typo posted:

What can we do stop Warren's "Centrist-roading" of the progressive movement? Or do you guys think this is just liberals trying to control the narrative and stop us from having faith in good and cool leftist candidates?
If you live in Iowa (or anywhere really) you should be volunteering for Bernie yesterday.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

Phi230 posted:

The worst thing for warren to do is actually talk about her policies and beliefs because they clash very hard with the progressive brand she's made for herself

can't have people figuring out she's a fraud until after the primary

if warren wins I'm just giving up, at least if biden wins AoC can win 2024

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

bowser posted:

gently caress coddling this garbage.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Typo posted:

if warren wins I'm just giving up, at least if biden wins AoC can win 2024

Idk I would like to see her be a senatorial thorn in the side for a while. Not because she needs to be, or something, just because it would be great.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Typo posted:

https://twitter.com/brianneDMR/status/1175560652812763136

To a person who thinks Warren's proposal's are backed by deliberate thought because they are more wonkish? Nothing.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

Judakel posted:

To a person who thinks Warren's proposal's are backed by deliberate thought because they are more wonkish? Nothing.

the poll seems off to me, if even in DnD which is dominated by white liberal number fuckerstain types Bernie is the candidate of choice, it's transparent his support would be higher in real life with working class and minority voters

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Typo posted:

the poll seems off to me, if even in DnD which is dominated by white liberal number fuckerstain types Bernie is the candidate of choice, it's transparent his support would be higher in real life with working class and minority voters

Could be low-info voters getting wind of media coverage of Warren as the "plans" candidate and liking the sound of that without looking into it much.

I'm still not putting any stock in polls prior to 2020 and, honestly, not even after that.

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

Office Pig posted:

gently caress coddling this garbage.

What garbage? There's a key difference between "it's time for [any woman] to be President" just for the sake of it being a woman and "if there's a truly progressive woman who fits the requirements for VP, it's not a bad idea to choose them over equally progressive men".

It's no different than any affirmative action policy that takes into account historical and continuing structural roadblocks that screw over and limit women. Like, for example, politicians that refuse to hold private meetings with women because that makes God angry.

Unrelated,

https://twitter.com/BernieUpstateNY/status/1175547452289638401?s=19

They're so unbelievably blatant with this poo poo.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Honestly it's going to be fun watching the media do everything they can to get Warren the nomination over Sanders and then immediately do a complete 180 and attack her non-stop until election day should she secure it since the actual goal is to stop Bernie.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Typo posted:

DnD doesn't mean anything anywhere.

KingNastidon
Jun 25, 2004
did the voters and media folks miss the memo that bernie sanders is the compromise candidate?

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

KingNastidon posted:

did the voters and media folks miss the memo that bernie sanders is the compromise candidate?

Jesus christ man.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

bowser posted:

after a skim i'm not actually unusually worried about this Josh Delaney guy, despite a Jacobin hit paragraph

one year as teacher for TFA (fine whatever), one year as a fresh young face on their policy board (the worst thing on his resume, seems to have been focused on community engagement stuff), then into Harvard for his masters in ed policy, then more-or-less-directly into Warren's senatorial 'cabinet', where he's spent the last five years

I don't think a year in TFA policy stuff causing him to go "ooh, this stuff is interesting" is in itself that much of a problem; Harvard's education program is probably more important as an influence. If you want to look at his mindset and products, you should look at Warren's education votes and thoughts as a Senator and a presidential candidate, which... you should be doing anyway?

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Sep 22, 2019

Glasses Optional
Apr 23, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

TrixR4kids posted:

If you live in Iowa (or anywhere really) you should be volunteering for Bernie yesterday.

Pete pete pete

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

GreyjoyBastard posted:

after a skim i'm not actually unusually worried about this Josh Delaney guy

one year as teacher for TFA (fine whatever), one year as a fresh young face on their policy board (the worst thing on his resume), then into Harvard for his masters in ed policy, then more-or-less-directly into Warren's senatorial 'cabinet', where he's spent the last five years

I don't think a year in TFA policy stuff causing him to go "ooh, this stuff is interesting" is in itself that much of a problem; Harvard's education program is probably more important as an influence. If you want to look at his mindset and products, you should look at Warren's education votes and thoughts as a Senator and a presidential candidate, which... you should be doing anyway?

The same Warren who says she supports M4A one minute and then doesn't the next? I am not going to bet on her future decisions based on her voting record in congress.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

edit nm

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Spit it out.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Judakel posted:

Spit it out.

Judakel posted:

The same Warren who says she supports M4A one minute and then doesn't the next? I am not going to bet on her future decisions based on her voting record in congress.

i disagree with your position but it's less dumb than the Jacobin attack

there you go, it wasn't an interesting post

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

That would be pretty shocking. How would the race's dynamics change if they were done to four candidates in a month?

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

GreyjoyBastard posted:

You're half right, at least.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

GreyjoyBastard posted:

i disagree with your position but it's less dumb than the Jacobin attack

The Jacobin attack must've been good, considering you're saying it was dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

GreyjoyBastard posted:

after a skim i'm not actually unusually worried about this Josh Delaney guy, despite a Jacobin hit paragraph

one year as teacher for TFA (fine whatever), one year as a fresh young face on their policy board (the worst thing on his resume, seems to have been focused on community engagement stuff), then into Harvard for his masters in ed policy, then more-or-less-directly into Warren's senatorial 'cabinet', where he's spent the last five years

Warren is pro-charter as gently caress, as has been brought up numerous times, she will absolutely not be rejecting TFA shitheads.