Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

No chance I would give up Jaire for Ramsey, even less chance I do it for two players.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
The better example is what the bears gave up for Khalil. Would you give up the same for Ramsey? I'd say no way

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
Nope.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
I wouldn't give up Jaire for anything baby

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/ChicagoBears/status/1174863440780939265

And he is the only one.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019
Is Dave Wannstedt's son or much younger brother the coach of the jags? They look quite similar

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Not finishing completely in the cellar?

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

I mean, file this under "if you think this is the only team that does this you're delusional", but just another example of the Lions doing one of their all-time greats dirty. I'm not surprised he wants nothing to do with them.

https://twitter.com/Deadspin/status/1175081705402753030

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
Those fingers :stare:

https://twitter.com/theMMQB/status/1175096062710861824

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
At a bachelor party we were throwing a football around and I jammed my finger so bad. It was swollen for a week and it hurt for literally 2 months. Imagining what a pro receivers hands go through when you’ve got a guy rifling balls at you or landing weird on a tackle. It’s a miracle any guys hands are remotely functional after they’re done.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Yea, my brother broke his pinky playing catch will coaching high school football once. Didn't realize he broke it until he finally went to the doctor like a week later. Ended up with a pin or two in the finger, and it's always slightly curled.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

:barf:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

soggybagel posted:

At a bachelor party we were throwing a football around and I jammed my finger so bad. It was swollen for a week and it hurt for literally 2 months. Imagining what a pro receivers hands go through when you’ve got a guy rifling balls at you or landing weird on a tackle. It’s a miracle any guys hands are remotely functional after they’re done.

Favre threw balls hard enough that he would break his receivers' fingers.

Does anyone have the Torry Holt picture where one of his fingers is at a right angle?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Robot football can’t get here fast enough.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

SKULL.GIF posted:

Favre threw balls hard enough that he would break his receivers' fingers.

I remember watching a video of Mike Homlgren on the sidelines yelling at Brett to put some touch on his balls. He never, ever did and would just rifle the ball in a very tight space with a flat rear end trajectory in order to get it past the coverage. He still had a cannon for an arm at age 38 when he left the Packers.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I'm sadly completely unsurpried to hear what Calvin is saying about how hosed the Lions training staff was. The guys in charge at the time were Mayhew and Schwartz and they were both incompetent jackasses whose incompetence permeated the entire team's culture. If I remember right, Quinn axed a TON of people in the training and conditioning when he was hired, so...all you can really do is hope all that particular brand of stupidity has been bled out of the organization by now.

https://twitter.com/Tswan64/status/1175073118852980736

This bothers me a little more (I dunno what Swanson had, another concussion? He didn't say), if this is another situation like Calvin's, I really thought better of Caldwell than that. :/

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

The best/worst thing from that Megatron piece was Kitna storming out of a meeting saying "This system is going to make us go 0-16" and then they went 0-16. I don't care what Browns fans say, or Bills fans say, the Lions are loving cursed. Cursed with lovely ownership to limp along in mediocrity for evermore

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

MJeff posted:

I'm sadly completely unsurpried to hear what Calvin is saying about how hosed the Lions training staff was. The guys in charge at the time were Mayhew and Schwartz and they were both incompetent jackasses whose incompetence permeated the entire team's culture. If I remember right, Quinn axed a TON of people in the training and conditioning when he was hired, so...all you can really do is hope all that particular brand of stupidity has been bled out of the organization by now.

https://twitter.com/Tswan64/status/1175073118852980736

This bothers me a little more (I dunno what Swanson had, another concussion? He didn't say), if this is another situation like Calvin's, I really thought better of Caldwell than that. :/

Its things like this that make me wonder wtf happened with Trent William's where he wont even play for Washington because of their medical staff.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
https://twitter.com/kmeinke/status/...edical-staff%2F

thanks for the corporate buzzword salad that conveys absolutely nothing, i suppose

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Play posted:

thanks for the corporate buzzword salad that conveys absolutely nothing, i suppose

That's how you know they're lying.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Oh and big ups to Calvin for doing Mary Jane instead of popping pills. Smart man.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

The best/worst thing from that Megatron piece was Kitna storming out of a meeting saying "This system is going to make us go 0-16" and then they went 0-16. I don't care what Browns fans say, or Bills fans say, the Lions are loving cursed. Cursed with lovely ownership to limp along in mediocrity for evermore

I had no idea about this but that's awesome

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

to be fair, they might have won a game or two if Kitna had stayed healthy and they didn't bring in loving Daunte Culpepper.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Stafford once decided to play with a separated shoulder rather than forcing us to watch Dante Culpepper for a single down.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

I get the sense that, the 2008 Lions, at least they went 0-16 trying to win. Matt Millen wasn't trying to tank for draft position, or play stupid Moneyball games. He was trying his hardest to the put the very best team he possibly could on the field. He was just very, very bad at his job. I don't watch many Lions games, but that week 17 game against the Packers... that team was trying as hard as they could to win.

The 0-16 Browns? Moneyball bullshit, trading away their good players for more draft picks, etc.

The 2019 Dolphins? Well, they're being so brazen about their tanking, that the NFL competition committee wants to look into it, which... yeah, we'll see if anything comes of that. (I'm doubtful).

I would absolutely jack it if the NFL took away Miami's 1st round pick in the next draft.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
It's kinda different but I know the 2003 Tigers very, very, very much did NOT want to break the Mets worst record of all time. Pulling out 5 wins in their last 6 games to avoid it was that team's World Series. I imagine it was much the same for the 08 Lions.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

LabyaMynora posted:

I get the sense that, the 2008 Lions, at least they went 0-16 trying to win. Matt Millen wasn't trying to tank for draft position, or play stupid Moneyball games. He was trying his hardest to the put the very best team he possibly could on the field. He was just very, very bad at his job. I don't watch many Lions games, but that week 17 game against the Packers... that team was trying as hard as they could to win.

The 0-16 Browns? Moneyball bullshit, trading away their good players for more draft picks, etc.

The 2019 Dolphins? Well, they're being so brazen about their tanking, that the NFL competition committee wants to look into it, which... yeah, we'll see if anything comes of that. (I'm doubtful).

I would absolutely jack it if the NFL took away Miami's 1st round pick in the next draft.

The 0-16 Lions would get bulldozed by the 0-16 Browns every time, but both teams would stomp the poo poo out of the 0-14 Bucs

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Cross-posting from the news and views thread:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

LabyaMynora posted:

can you imagine how awful it must be for a backup or ST player on the Dolphins right now? they're using you as a literal and metaphorical battering ram to build a winning team you'll almost certainly never play on. you're potentially giving up years of future health for one 500k payday (two if you're lucky and they suck again next year) then very probably you're out of the league. I can't wrap my head around it

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Extremely troubling if true.

https://twitter.com/NickOlsonNFL/status/1175550298380800000?s=19

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Two mediocre quarterbacks

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Cousins: Better than thought?

Rodgers: Absolutely cooked if he is as good as cousins.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Cousins is either going to throw three interceptions and 180 yards tomorrow or light up Oakland for 400 yards and four touchdowns.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Wasn't there some tweet that showed for the last four years Rodgers and Dalton have been the same

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Rodgers barely played in 2017, and in 2018 had 2 INTs all season (both of which bounced off of Jimmy Graham's hands).

He is not Cousins-esque.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Raku posted:

Wasn't there some tweet that showed for the last four years Rodgers and Dalton have been the same

worse, flacco

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

Bip Roberts posted:

worse, flacco

Before that

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide
Basically Rodgers is a third tier qb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Bip Roberts posted:

worse, flacco

A stray comma somehow found its way into this Aaron Rodgers scouting report