Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Jerkface posted:

I like Zenitsu because if Tanjiro came upon a demon with like some bizarre deformity and acid for blood he'd be like "Oh, poor thing, a life time of torment turned him into this monster... I'll hug him!" where as Zenitsu will rightly yell "You want me to fight this? Really? It has acid for blood you know that, right? I'm supposed to cut it but if it bleeds I'll die? What the gently caress?" ad infinitum like I would do.

Zenitsu would immediately run screaming from the xenomorph and you know it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Down With People
Oct 31, 2012

The child delights in violence.
Zenitsu would be a better protagonist than Tanjirou imo

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

Jerkface posted:

I like Zenitsu because if Tanjiro came upon a demon with like some bizarre deformity and acid for blood he'd be like "Oh, poor thing, a life time of torment turned him into this monster... I'll hug him!" where as Zenitsu will rightly yell "You want me to fight this? Really? It has acid for blood you know that, right? I'm supposed to cut it but if it bleeds I'll die? What the gently caress?" ad infinitum like I would do.

thats exactly why he rules, he's the only sane character around. he just wants to not die a horrible death and get some anime tiddies.

hell if he were alive today he'd have an account.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
With a rap sheet that goes on for ages.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Mulderman posted:

With a rap sheet that goes on for ages.

They would've banned him years ago for writing every post in all caps.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I just can't wrap my head around people saying zenitsu's reactions are sane or reasonable

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose
i dunno if you're only basing that on the show but i didn't think he was annoying as words in a bubble. the screeching though, yeah.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

zenitsu's reactions are about as sane and reasonable as tanjiro's inhuman magnanimity imo

it's just that being a screeching coward isn't generally considered admirable, aspirational etc

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
Does this show really have enough time left for another demon?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Yawgmoft posted:

iirc, no. the last episode should just be setup for the next season

show's been slow enough that it's gonna end in a weird spot. I figured at the start that the next arc would be where it leaves off

e: like there's a train coming up soon in the manga but if the show actually ends on 26 then there's no way they get through the whole thing in 1 episode at the rate they've been going. even a faster paced show couldn't pull that whole thing off in one episode

Manatee Cannon fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Sep 22, 2019

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Yawgmoft posted:

No. It will be good content though. I at least think it's pretty cool.

Raposa
Aug 4, 2007

That post went quite well, I think.
I rewound and watched the first scene before the theme song 5 times.

Tanjiro has a good face. It's a very :stonk: face.

Raposa fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Sep 22, 2019

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

BOOM! BOOM!

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

e: like there's a train coming up soon in the manga but if the show actually ends on 26 then there's no way they get through the whole thing in 1 episode at the rate they've been going. even a faster paced show couldn't pull that whole thing off in one episode

itd be a badass movie tho

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

https://twitter.com/mixedsoramame/status/1175392458387050496?s=20

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
The only problem I have with the younger butterfly girl is that they are telegraphing "future Tanjiro love interest" slightly too hard.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Yawgmoft posted:

The only problem I have with the younger butterfly girl is that they are telegraphing "future Tanjiro love interest" slightly too hard.

Don't worry there's no time for love when there's demons to hunt. Also, this the rare shonen where is no contrived LI.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

And from what I've seen of the anime no love triangle.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

dogsicle posted:

zenitsu's reactions are about as sane and reasonable as tanjiro's inhuman magnanimity imo

it's just that being a screeching coward isn't generally considered admirable, aspirational etc

I used to think so, but I don’t care if the medicine tastes like actual feces, I’m not risking my arms becoming stumps.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
The next arc is apparently going to be adapted as a special movie.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

MonsterEnvy posted:

The next arc is apparently going to be adapted as a special movie.

Indeed it is.

https://twitter.com/pkjd8I8/status/1177961281279496193?s=19

I guess it's because of the economical costs of keeping that level of animation, because I can't see why otherwise.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Don't care as long as they make it easily viewable outside of Japan.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

that makes a lot more sense then. it was a real weird place to leave off the season

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Well if they want to dump movie budget into the demon train arc what can I say

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Quick someone check if there are tax rebates for making anime movies

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Probably the best part of the plot developments is Muzan literally just rolling up a mook division because they aren't getting results. Who else has ever done that?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i am

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

also Train movie makes enough sense to me since it's a thing they can actually reasonably fit into a movie runtime

everything else is too long, though i'd hope they jump from the movie to an S2 of the next two big arcs

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day

Fabricated posted:

Probably the best part of the plot developments is Muzan literally just rolling up a mook division because they aren't getting results. Who else has ever done that?

Can't have new Hashiras if they can't defeat Lower Moons for the promotion.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

also the cg was loving amazing this episode

ufotable needs to animate this all the way to the current arc because holy shiiiiiittttt

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

I'm so excited for the movie and this was a great adaptation. I half expected a S2 announcement at the ever end since it's so popular v:v:v

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Already remarked on but god I hope the movie is easily accessible. I love the train arc a lot and Rengoku is wonderful.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

dogsicle posted:

also the cg was loving amazing this episode

ufotable needs to animate this all the way to the current arc because holy shiiiiiittttt
I mean, it seems like a no-brainer. Maybe it'll become their "thing" after the F/SN: Heaven's Feel trilogy is done?

I read the manga too, but please keep spoilers to a minimum, 'k?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Wark Say posted:

I mean, it seems like a no-brainer. Maybe it'll become their "thing" after the F/SN: Heaven's Feel trilogy is done?

I read the manga too, but please keep spoilers to a minimum, 'k?

That happened this episode.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
No I know but since Fabricated is the OP for the manga thread, I just wanted to pre-empt. Maybe it was a little bit uptight on my end since Fab has been a good goon, so maybe I need to knock it off. :sweatdrop:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I haven't read the manga and neither of those seemed like spoilers at all fwiw

Speaking of, time to cram my gaping eye holes full of manga

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Wark Say posted:

No I know but since Fabricated is the OP for the manga thread, I just wanted to pre-empt. Maybe it was a little bit uptight on my end since Fab has been a good goon, so maybe I need to knock it off. :sweatdrop:
It's cool not everyone has seen the ep yet.

The next arc being a movie kinda puts how much they stretched this recovery arc into context.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
This was such a fantastic adaptation. Really sets a new standard.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
From training arc to TRAIN-ING ARC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
I'm howling at that stinger

This show is so good