Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShadeofBlue
Mar 17, 2011

I just got destroyed by a hover guard sweepers in momir vig. It had no set symbol. WotC really just added that for momir, didn’t they?

Edit: oh they added a lot of stuff. That’s actually cool.

ShadeofBlue fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Sep 21, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vegetables
Mar 10, 2012

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

is there an alt-art showcase gingerbrute

kind of expecting there not to be just because wizards has such a long, long track record of being absolutely awful at knowing what players want to give them money for

I did think it was funny that the internal people at Wizards thought Gingerbrute was the absolute limit of silly, then the external marketing company used a much sillier version of it to promote the set, and now people are complaining that there’s no furious gingerbread woman legend in Eldraine

(Also there is no alt-art Gingerbrute in a special frame; only adventures get that this set.)

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Panzeh posted:

If your 'rogue deck' requires complete surprise to be effective, it was poo poo in the first place. Open deck lists at the time of the event are reasonable and result in far fewer non-games due to mulligan decisions in game 1.

Good point, rogue decks have never performed well and come out of nowhere

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Kanister is playing the Modern challenge with PO Urza. It's pretty sweet. If only his music was too.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Star Man posted:

Presenting decklists implies decklist registration.

This would be trash logistically for fnm.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Tom Clancy is Dead posted:

Kanister is playing the Modern challenge with PO Urza. It's pretty sweet. If only his music was too.

My friend, a deeply Polish person, maintains that Polish people have essentially zero cultural taste. Watching Sodek or Kanister stream proves that.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
Ah yes let's be racist because some twitch streamer likes gachi and anime music.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
There's always next for another eldraine set

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

moush posted:

Ah yes let's be racist because some twitch streamer likes gachi and anime music.

I'm ok with it

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

ShaneB posted:

My friend, a deeply Polish person, maintains that Polish people have essentially zero cultural taste. Watching Sodek or Kanister stream proves that.

moush posted:

:confused:

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Kanister is now double queued playing the semifinals of both Modern and Vintage challenges.

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
po urza is extremely dumb

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways

Ate My Balls Redux posted:

Good point, rogue decks have never performed well and come out of nowhere

The question is did they only do well because people didn't know their deck list, or because they were good, people didn't have experience playing against them or sideboard hate. Because only one of those changes with open deck lists.

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
most rogue decks that did well historically were not actually good and just ran hot through the tournament. the decks that were actually good quickly stopped being rogue decks for obvious reasons.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

vegetables posted:

I did think it was funny that the internal people at Wizards thought Gingerbrute was the absolute limit of silly, then the external marketing company used a much sillier version of it to promote the set, and now people are complaining that there’s no furious gingerbread woman legend in Eldraine

(Also there is no alt-art Gingerbrute in a special frame; only adventures get that this set.)

It's like the lore team, who wasn't even working there when "I want a banana this big" went on a card, have life-breaking PTSD from it.

Like "this fanfiction about Recess where Spinelli is in high school and a goth now and TJ smokes drugs" is the most important thing they've ever created and it's SERIOUS.

GoutPatrol fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Sep 22, 2019

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

A Moose posted:

I need some math done. What's the correct number of lands for a rakdos aggro deck that has 10 1-drops, 12 2-drops, and 12-3 drops? Right now I'm at 21, and I think that only works for Bo1 where the game feeds you free lands. Right now my deck tops out at giving me 3 lands per game, unless I start with 3 lands in my opener, which means I'll draw 12. is there a right way to do this? Also the deck has 2 Bontu and 2 Spawn of Mayhem. and roughly a 50/50 split of black and red which means I'm always color screwed unless my 2 lands in my opening hand are 2 different types.

I'm pretty sure this can't be done. I think I'll either have to scrap my top end because I'll never hit 4-5 mana per game, or cut a bunch of 2 and 3 drops for land. Now that I think about it, Mayhem Devil doesn't actually do anything, since it only combos with Priest of Forgotten Gods, Chandra, and Bontu. Bontu is uncastable, Priest is a lightning bolt for removal, and mayhem devil + chandra is a win-more condition.

Posting a full decklist would let us give better advice about your colors and mana needs, though my first question is why you would put Priest of Forgotten Gods in a self-described aggro deck to begin with.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

GoutPatrol posted:

It's like the lore team, who wasn't even working there when "I want a banana this big" went on a card, have life-breaking PTSD from it.

Like "this fanfiction about Recess where Spinelli is in high school and a goth now and TJ smokes drugs" is the most important thing they've ever created and it's SERIOUS.

spinelli wouldn't be goth, she'd have been butch, this fanfic is TRASH

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

mandatory lesbian posted:

spinelli wouldn't be goth, she'd have been butch, this fanfic is TRASH

Did I forget to tell you she can read people's minds when she touches them

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

Voyager I posted:

Posting a full decklist would let us give better advice about your colors and mana needs, though my first question is why you would put Priest of Forgotten Gods in a self-described aggro deck to begin with.

theyre talking about the rakdos aristocrats deck and for some reason (i think the reason is pretty obvious) completely dismissing the results/list of the really good aristocrats player that got linked for them

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

rock out with your stock out

Paradoxical outcome has no function but to be busted as hell in combo decks, also when looking up a deck list it said a playlist of opal was over 400 bucks so lol

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
mox opal is the best card in modern, closely followed by arcum's astrolabe

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
Notable angle shooter Bob Huang got DQed at GP Atlanta for marked cards.

https://twitter.com/Griselpuff/status/1175551933588938758?s=20

Yep, definitely marked.

lol at the story "oh i forgot that my two friends sleeved my deck for me and one sleeved lands one sleeved spells from two different packages of dragon shields"

Do dragon shields come in packs of 50 now?

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

LOL, nice one. "I'll do better at the PTQ tomorrow" at the end as well.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

I wonder if he didn't think up the terrible excuse until later or if he realized it wouldn't fly with judges but might with his friends.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Hellsau posted:

Yep, definitely marked.

lol at the story "oh i forgot that my two friends sleeved my deck for me and one sleeved lands one sleeved spells from two different packages of dragon shields"

Not surprising. Yuuya opened my eyes a bit.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Hellsau posted:

Yep, definitely marked.

They do sell them in packs of 50, I've never heard of anyone buying them though, and I think I've only seen them in classic, not matte. Could be wrong, but Dragon Shield's website is asking me for a WordPress password right now (lol) so I have no idea.

It's also true that two different packs of Dragon Shield matte blacks will have noticeable differences.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
It's karma for the really bad Mill video he did for CFB late last year :colbert:

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please
I dunno, I've got 2 decks and a cube in Dragon Shields and I've never seen variation like what he's describing. I've never heard of Huang being more angle shooty than your typical tournament grinder either. This is a weird DQ.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

"one of my friends did the lands and the other did the spells" is a really convenient/suspect explanation though, like why would you divide the labour that way? Wouldn't you just grab half each?

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

His lands were sleeved noticeably different from his spells. He admits this. That's a DQ. It isn't a single marked card, it isn't some random cards with scuffs. It's systematic markings that provide a major gameplay advantage.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
He could have had his deck sorted pre-tournament when sleeving. Also I'm not defending him but I have 100% had 2 batches of dragon shield black mattes have a different finish on them and not noticed until in-game at a weekly modern night. Make sure all your cards are sleeved from sleeves out of one box.

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways

Wafflecopper posted:

"one of my friends did the lands and the other did the spells" is a really convenient/suspect explanation though, like why would you divide the labour that way? Wouldn't you just grab half each?

The friend posted on Twitter, backing up his story: https://twitter.com/Rosezeiii/status/1175589788013006849 I’m still skeptical, but the story is plausible.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

GoutPatrol posted:

Did I forget to tell you she can read people's minds when she touches them

C'mon, link it

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

I have about 1200 modern cards sleeved in the same dragon shield classics and there is no visible difference in any of them. And I've bought them over 3 years or more.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

neaden posted:

The friend posted on Twitter, backing up his story: https://twitter.com/Rosezeiii/status/1175589788013006849 I’m still skeptical, but the story is plausible.

Yes, when I help people sleeve decks I always make sure one person sleeves only the lands and the other person sleeves everything but the lands. It is perfectly natural.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

PJOmega posted:

Yes, when I help people sleeve decks I always make sure one person sleeves only the lands and the other person sleeves everything but the lands. It is perfectly natural.

I could see it if he was running all basics that could conceivably be from the land box.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!

LifeLynx posted:

To be honest this list wasn't as fun once they removed the suspension reasons....

https://twitter.com/MTGOsalseo/status/1175004981252038656?s=19
this is hella dumb. how are a new generation of people going to make fun of reynad for being banned from mtg?

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Draxion posted:

C'mon, link it

This is burned into my head from reading fanfiction.net 20 years ago, I'm not going to look for it

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

PJOmega posted:

yeah, like i could see maybe each friend grabbing a stack of cards to sleeve, but for one person to sleeve ONLY the lands rather than the lands and some of the spells is a step too far in my opinion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Even if you do believe him, it's still a fully deserved DQ. If a series of wacky hijinks resulted in every land in my deck being smeared in marmalade, I still have a deck with marked cards.