Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Brawnfire posted:

God drat it!!! I'm gonna go bananas!

Don’t you do it! Don’t you go bananas!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Oh it's happening!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZ6Ev46i2to

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
Going bananas like that seems like it would feel really good

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
No American Dad at all, 10-11pm all Family Guy. Wonder if it means no new episodes till next March like last year.

Vvvvv Doesn’t mean much, last season a bunch of episodes got shunted off to this season.

Macdeo Lurjtux fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Sep 10, 2019

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
There’s two more eps listed for this season, but no dates yet.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

No American Dad at all, 10-11pm all Family Guy. Wonder if it means no new episodes till next March like last year.

Vvvvv Doesn’t mean much, last season a bunch of episodes got shunted off to this season.

Ew, not even an American Dad rerun?

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

The_Doctor posted:

There’s two more eps listed for this season, but no dates yet.

Probably the Christmas episode.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Not sure of the real source of the info, but it's been going around that the last 2 episodes of the season are now going to be part of season 17 next year.

https://www.bubbleblabber.com/exclusive-american-dad-season-16-wrap-delayed-until-2020-for-tbs/

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I was personally hoping for the same as earlier this year where season 15 ran straight into season 16.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

The_Doctor posted:

I was personally hoping for the same as earlier this year where season 15 ran straight into season 16.

Yeah, that was nuts. There was new American Dad for a looooooong run this year. It was great.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

PostNouveau posted:

Yeah, that was nuts. There was new American Dad for a looooooong run this year. It was great.

I think we earned that after several seasons of "We'll be back with more episodes [SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK]!"

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

PostNouveau posted:

True but i still wasn't mentally prepared for the season to end so suddenly :saddowns:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
maybe over the break Hulu can update with the new seasons :argh:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

9:11 to 9:12 - think about 9/11.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
TBS is canceling a lot of comedies recently. Hopefully AD will keep going.

Or maybe Adult Swim can pick it up.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Zero One posted:

God I hope not, this show may be 16 seasons long but it's still in its prime and I don't want to see it cut down.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
I think the George Clooney episode is when the show hits it's stride.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Zero One posted:

Isn't it only like 2, over the last 4 months?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

There better get a Christmas episode this year :mad:

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
looking at the unscheduled episodes on wiki, there's one christmas title listed

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Isn't it only like 2, over the last 4 months?

Not sure in the timeline but they are moving away from scripted comedy.

quote:

The decision to cancel The Detour — co-created by Jones and his wife and producing partner Samantha Bee — arrives as WarnerMedia-owned TBS has continued to re-evaluate the state of scripted fare on the formerly comedy-focused basic cable network. TBS has also canceled the comedies Angie Tribeca, Wrecked and People of Earth.

Rumors continue to swirl that TBS' originals could move to HBO Max, parent company WarnerMedia's forthcoming streaming service which is overseen by TBS and TNT head Kevin Reilly. TBS' current scripted roster includes the Nasim Pedrad entry Chad; the TNT import Snowpiercer; the anthology Miracle Workers; Search Party (which is awaiting a season three premiere date after last airing in December 2017); The Last OG; and the bubble show The Guest Book.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/jason-jones-detour-latest-scripted-cancellation-at-tbs-1236794

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I liked/loved all 3 of those shows. Didn't know they cancelled wrecked but I do feel Angie Tribeca had run its course

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I feel like AD makes enough from syndication and streaming that they won't mess with it.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

I was watching an episode of Jeopardy and one of the clues was "This man played for the Dodgers and is believed to have invented the high-five." I had no idea Dusty Baker was a real person and is believed to actually have invented the high-five.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

limp_cheese posted:

I was watching an episode of Jeopardy and one of the clues was "This man played for the Dodgers and is believed to have invented the high-five." I had no idea Dusty Baker was a real person and is believed to actually have invented the high-five.

I literally can't imagine a world without the hi-five. Realizing the fist bump is older than the hi-five was a mindfuck

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

limp_cheese posted:

Does he play a beautiful gilded pedal harp??

This show surprised me with all three pedal harps shown throughout the seasons being all different models and correctly drawn. :colbert:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

“Dylan was bad, and now we have the jar.”

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

limp_cheese posted:

The 70s was a dark time when all 5s were low 5s.

Also, would Jeopardy have accepted Glenn Burke?

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
Glenn Burke was a part of the clue. It was something like "This person is credited with inventing the high five with Glenn Burke."

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

limp_cheese posted:

Not only is he real, he actually voiced himself in that episode. Dusty Baker is a cool dude.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Not only is he real, he actually voiced himself in that episode. Dusty Baker is a cool dude.

No poo poo. I thought for sure it was Gary Anthony Williams. This loving show...

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
I'm 90% sure that Gary Anthony Williams voiced Dusty Baker in that episode and the American Dad wiki is wrong.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
An internet based information page that gets updated by unvetted users got some detail wrong? Well COLOR ME SHOCKED!

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

No one's answering my question: Does he or did he ever play the harp? :colbert:

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Gaunab posted:

I'm 90% sure that Gary Anthony Williams voiced Dusty Baker in that episode and the American Dad wiki is wrong.

Entirely plausible, I am completely prepared to wrong about this.

Plant MONSTER. posted:

No one's answering my question: Does he or did he ever play the harp? :colbert:

according to my research (by which I mean googling "Dusty Baker Harp") no he does not, I'm sorry to say.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
The whistle-blower is going to turn out to be Roger.

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Zero One posted:

God I wish.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Zero One posted:

Everything has been happening since the Area 51 raid... :thunk:

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Any chance the lyrics are:

"My baby loves that chicken noodle soup
Waitin' in long lines
For that newly invented chicken soup
Gotta get that sweet, sweet, sweet, sugary soup"

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
Hulu updated their poo poo