Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

generatrix posted:

Semi-Charmed Life is one of the best in this genre.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bba-dK_nS-M

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.
All Star is not a Shrek song. It is a Mystery Men song. Watch the video for the song. Does it have clips from Shrek? No. It doesn't.

Mystery Men may be mostly forgotten, but it is a far superior film to Shrek.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Master Twig posted:

All Star is not a Shrek song. It is a Mystery Men song. Watch the video for the song. Does it have clips from Shrek? No. It doesn't.

Mystery Men is number 1! All other superhero films are number 2 or lower! :colbert:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

This show had it's great through bad moments but it's pretty funny that it's lasting contribution to meme culture is this

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Master Twig posted:

All Star might not be a Shrek song, but Smashmouth is a Shrek band.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Lady Disdain posted:

I think those senior citizens are doing dips to keep their spookily powerful triceps in shape.

Literally broke a computer chair doing this

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Milo and POTUS posted:

Literally broke a computer chair doing this

I watched a kid knock out a couple of his teeth doing this between 2 plastic school chairs that were very obviously not heavy enough to support his weight without tipping backwards.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

That didn't happen to me but considering it was a rolly chair, I might just have gotten lucky

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Zedong gets a lot of men in trouble for rubbing on things they shouldn't.

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

ultrafilter posted:

All Star might not be a Shrek song, but Smashmouth is a Shrek band.

Shrek might not be the only movie All Star was in, but Shrek is a Smashmouth movie you twat

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

My brain is insisting that the tree pot is a juggalo face

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

loving lmao

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

:same:

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

It could also be Sans from Undertale

....Juggalo Sans

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

looks like a dog staring straight at the camera to me

Blurred
Aug 26, 2004

WELL I WONNER WHAT IT'S LIIIIIKE TO BE A GOOD POSTER

Guard: Wow, that guy is really putting "Zedong" in chairman Mao!
Guard 2: Yeah, talk about a dicktatorship of the proletariat!
Guard 3: Something, something the Schlong March!
Government: *executes everyone and bans Winnie the Pooh*

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

That dog is dead now :smith:

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Uh, I was going for “Semi-Charmed Life”. My bad though, I should have used more doo doos.

Johnny Aztec posted:

I do remember that anecdote about how Bill Murray took the Garfield: The movie job because he thought it was written by Cohen.

He also did the sequel to that movie. That doesn’t invalidate that anecdote, because... it’s Bill Murray.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

100%

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Metaline posted:

That dog is dead now :smith:

I just learned that from a friend, small world

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Well it is NOW

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Mierenneuker posted:

Uh, I was going for “Semi-Charmed Life”. My bad though, I should have used more doo doos.
No, it worked. As soon as I saw it the song/riff popped in my head and I would have called you a bastard if I hadn't been two pages behind catching up.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Why yes I do enjoy Reel Big Fish and also have crippling depression, why do you ask?

My favorite song of theirs is about how they don't like moshing. I don't know if there's a deeper meaning

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Art.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

But which member of the polycule took the picture?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

trapped mouse posted:

But which member of the polycule took the picture?

They're selfies

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Phlegmish posted:

My favorite song of theirs is about how they don't like moshing. I don't know if there's a deeper meaning

It's actually about people who are dicks in the mosh pit and thinking about the kind of person who is a dick in the mosh pit. It's pretty much "yeah we get that people want to mosh and we can't stop you but if you're the kind of person that goes into the mosh pit just to knock over people smaller than you then you're bad and should feel bad." You can read things more deeply into that and see the naked cynicism of the lyrics, really; there's always That Guy who will look for any excuse to get away with being a horrible person. You actually see this in every protest movement ever; That Guy shows up and deliberately tries to start a riot just so he can hurt people and probably get away with it. It's more about That Guy and the fact that he just ruins everything he touches for no other reason than he enjoys being a dick.

I think that's why RBF is so good; everybody can look at lyrics like that and think "gently caress, I know somebody like that." I went to high school with a kid that song precisely describes. He was a big, husky dude who played football and would talk about how his favorite thing was to wade into a mosh pit, run in a circle, and just plow into people that were off balance and smaller than he was. Moshing and slam dancing are fun as hell and enjoyable but it's too anonymous of an experience; that kind of person shows up and just ruins it for everybody else. The thing with moshing is that it's supposed to be fun and safe. You aren't there to hurt anybody you're there to just be this big energetic mass of people bouncing around and going where the force takes you. Yeah you might get a few bruises out of it but nothing serious.

Until That Guy shows up and deliberately punches people as hard as he can when nobody is looking.

OK yeah I'm listening to We're Not Happy Until You're Not Happy and basically every song on that album is pure magic but also depressingly real. One Hit Wonderful is another one of those "absolute truth" songs.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

That’s a whole lot of goddamn words in the funny pictures thread.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

I just learned that from a friend, small world

How would anyone know this?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

for you see......I was that dog! :ghost:

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Scratch Monkey posted:

How would anyone know this?

My friend just tied up the guy that owned the dog.

Prurient Squid
Jul 21, 2008

Tiddy cat Buddha improving your day.

Doctor Zero posted:

That’s a whole lot of goddamn words in the funny pictures thread.

Maybe that minion guy IS the jelly baby from your avatar!

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Well, so long as you're the lowest bidder.
I'd hate to see this project increasing the national debt.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

BrianBoitano posted:

Don't tell me the anti-suicide lyrics of Streetlight Manifesto are secretly pro-suicide :ohdear:

I know that the title for Blink 182’s anti suicide song Adam’s Song was actually taken from a Mr Show sketch where a band writes a song to convince a fan to commit suicide.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Teenage suicide- don't do it!