Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for telling my GF's daughter she's not my daughter so don't expect me to pay?

Me and Diomara (12F) have had a rough summer. She's been more defiant than usual. I've been dating her Mom Mara (30F) for 2 years now. 9 moths ago, they moved in with me, Maple (33M). Both Dio and Mara have an on again/off again relationship with Dio's Dad (Dynasis). He's pretty much never paid child support, comes and goes as he pleases into Dio's life. Typical lovely-rear end part time Dad. I've tried to fill the Dad role in her life, while still understanding boundaries, taking things slow, etc.

This summer Dynasis decides he wants to be a real Dad and takes Dio in for a month. Good for him, not my business, and Mara agrees. When Dio came back home because school started she was a lot different. Really mean to me, very dismissive. A few days ago she got caught shoplifting at the mall. Security took her in then called Mara, who didn't answer, then called Dynasis, who didn't answer, and finally me. I answered. They told me I had to pick her up or she'll be handed over to juvenile.

I didn't say anything to her while I picked her up. I apologized to security, apologized to the store. I even tipped the security guards plus the store employees because its hosed up they had to deal with that. I assured them Dio would be punished appropriately.

​I'm speaking to her in a strong, affirmative, voice while we're in the car. NOT yelling, but in a fatherly tone, I suppose. I'm telling her how hosed up it is to steal, and how I dont gently caress with thieves, and how I absolutely don't voluntarily gently caress with any kind of police so I don't appreciate any of this nor will I accept it in my house. She snaps back that I'm not her Dad so don't ever tell her what to do. From now on, if I wanna tell her something I need to clear it with her real father first.

​That killed my soul. For the past year or so, I've treated her as my own daughter. I've paid for their housing, I've paid for her moms car, her schooling, her food, everything. Her bio Dad dropped $100 check off one time in the past year. The fuckin check bounced so I had to call him up and he brought cash over. I told Mara about all of this. She was appalled at what Dio said, but she never made Dio apologize because "she's not wrong, you're not her Dad."

​A couple of days later Dio asks me for some money to pay for her uniform/accessories she needs for a sport she's involved in. I say go ask your Dad. She scoffs and says her Dad doesn't have the money for it, so I have to pay for it. I tell her...I'm not her Dad so don't ever tell me what I have to pay for. She cried to Mara, who tells me I'm not being an adult about the situation. Mind you, I never received an apology or a thanks for our entire previous situation. Mara says Dio is a kid and I need to stop acting like a kid too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
You either want the guy to be the kids dad or you don't. Which is it?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I recommend singing "I wont make her apologize to you because you arent her dad" as a big showstopper number as you pack your bags and leave in what is the act 1 of your life.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Runcible Cat posted:

Honestly, I can believe it's a possibility. I've got a pair of cousins, a few years apart in age, who call themselves each other's stunt doubles because people so often mistake them for each other - even one of their boyfriends once that I know of, though that was in the pub rather than a pants-removing situation. They don't look identical when you see them together, but when you see one of them it's not unusual to have to look twice to make sure which one she is.

ED: yikes, hadn't read the "my wife tolerates being groped in her sleep as long as it doesn't wake her up". :catstare:

"tolerates" as in that conversation was definitely her telling him to stop doing it

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for telling my GF's daughter she's not my daughter so don't expect me to pay?

Me and Diomara (12F) have had a rough summer. She's been more defiant than usual. I've been dating her Mom Mara (30F) for 2 years now. 9 moths ago, they moved in with me, Maple (33M). Both Dio and Mara have an on again/off again relationship with Dio's Dad (Dynasis). He's pretty much never paid child support, comes and goes as he pleases into Dio's life. Typical lovely-rear end part time Dad. I've tried to fill the Dad role in her life, while still understanding boundaries, taking things slow, etc.

This summer Dynasis decides he wants to be a real Dad and takes Dio in for a month. Good for him, not my business, and Mara agrees. When Dio came back home because school started she was a lot different. Really mean to me, very dismissive. A few days ago she got caught shoplifting at the mall. Security took her in then called Mara, who didn't answer, then called Dynasis, who didn't answer, and finally me. I answered. They told me I had to pick her up or she'll be handed over to juvenile.

I didn't say anything to her while I picked her up. I apologized to security, apologized to the store. I even tipped the security guards plus the store employees because its hosed up they had to deal with that. I assured them Dio would be punished appropriately.

​I'm speaking to her in a strong, affirmative, voice while we're in the car. NOT yelling, but in a fatherly tone, I suppose. I'm telling her how hosed up it is to steal, and how I dont gently caress with thieves, and how I absolutely don't voluntarily gently caress with any kind of police so I don't appreciate any of this nor will I accept it in my house. She snaps back that I'm not her Dad so don't ever tell her what to do. From now on, if I wanna tell her something I need to clear it with her real father first.

​That killed my soul. For the past year or so, I've treated her as my own daughter. I've paid for their housing, I've paid for her moms car, her schooling, her food, everything. Her bio Dad dropped $100 check off one time in the past year. The fuckin check bounced so I had to call him up and he brought cash over. I told Mara about all of this. She was appalled at what Dio said, but she never made Dio apologize because "she's not wrong, you're not her Dad."

​A couple of days later Dio asks me for some money to pay for her uniform/accessories she needs for a sport she's involved in. I say go ask your Dad. She scoffs and says her Dad doesn't have the money for it, so I have to pay for it. I tell her...I'm not her Dad so don't ever tell me what I have to pay for. She cried to Mara, who tells me I'm not being an adult about the situation. Mind you, I never received an apology or a thanks for our entire previous situation. Mara says Dio is a kid and I need to stop acting like a kid too.

Who is the adult here?

Oh, nobody?

cool

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

Smirking_Serpent posted:

A few days ago she got caught shoplifting at the mall. Security took her in then called Mara, who didn't answer, then called Dynasis, who didn't answer, and finally me. I answered. They told me I had to pick her up or she'll be handed over to juvenile.

She snaps back that I'm not her Dad so don't ever tell her what to do. From now on, if I wanna tell her something I need to clear it with her real father first.

Mara was appalled at what Dio said, but she never made Dio apologize because "she's not wrong, you're not her Dad."
“It’s okay to be a dick to the man who kept you out of juvenile, prevented you from getting a record, and has been helping us out financially - as long as you’re Technically Correct while spitting in his face.”
-Mom of a daughter who’s 100% committing another crime within three months.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Miss posted:

Who is the adult here?

Oh, nobody?

cool
Yeah, nah; best not to reinforce that they can be assholes like that and still expect him to pay for everything.
I mean, it's probably already too late, but the point remains

Malachite_Dragon fucked around with this message at 11:36 on Sep 22, 2019

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Smirking_Serpent posted:

This dude is a petty rear end in a top hat but the boyfriend seems like backup for the ex (who will be drop the second bio dad decides he wants to be a family man)

Like it’s expected for the kid to be sort of lovely with her being 12, but you can’t expect your partner to take up all the burden of being a dad and expect them to be ok with placing a deadbeat over them when it comes to all the decisions

DrManiac fucked around with this message at 11:49 on Sep 22, 2019

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I mean the ship hasnt so much sailed as gone aground with all hands on board lost

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

"Sorry, honey, but she's right: you're not her dad. She doesn't respect you as a father figure and frankly neither do I. Now cough up the cash for her Tennis uniform, you handsome ATM, you.

Why are you getting mad?"

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

this kid is 12 years old

sit down with her and talk about what the current family situation is, explain that you want to be part of her family but that it's a 2-way street and see if you can make that work; if it doesn't then I think you're also sinking your relationship with your girlfriend, so be prepared for that. step dads are a thing that kids have been dealing with for forever, you're not the first one to get reminded in a rude way that you're not their biological parent and you certainly won't be the last

"gently caress you, 12 year-old girl" aren't the right words to use, instead of doing that you should act like a parental figure and if your girlfriend isn't giving you that kind of support then it's time to pack your bags

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

QuarkJets posted:

this kid is 12 years old

sit down with her and talk about what the current family situation is, explain that you want to be part of her family but that it's a 2-way street and see if you can make that work; if it doesn't then I think you're also sinking your relationship with your girlfriend, so be prepared for that. step dads are a thing that kids have been dealing with for forever, you're not the first one to get reminded in a rude way that you're not their biological parent and you certainly won't be the last

"gently caress you, 12 year-old girl" aren't the right words to use, instead of doing that you should act like a parental figure and if your girlfriend isn't giving you that kind of support then it's time to pack your bags

Yeah but imagine what a badass you'd look like on the internet though when you roast her little head clean off with the perfect comeback.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

chemtrail huffer posted:

How do I (M19) put my arm around my new girlfriend (F18) if I have really short arms?

This is some Yahoo Answers poo poo, and I dig it.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

/r/relationships - I told the 12 year-old to gently caress off

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

snergle posted:

my friend has to wrestle a girl around this age and its 100% lose lose. you win youre the douche who beat up a girl you lose and youre the dumb gently caress who lost to a girl.

my sister had a judo match against some dude at that age and he just went whole hog and shattered her collarbone. gently caress it whatever

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Triangle tits and an annoying sex voice?

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

The White Dragon posted:

my sister had a judo match against some dude at that age and he just went whole hog and shattered her collarbone. gently caress it whatever

Equality. :colbert:

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Sounds more like he's the only one in that family that's working on upbringing.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I had a lady friend in high school who was in a few martial arts, she would've been pissed if her opponent had gone easy on her at competitions just because she was a girl.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Smirking_Serpent posted:

IT WAS ME, DIO!!!!!

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
You know what a 12 yr old girl needs when she has a kind of not there mom and a lovely father? Another adult to fail her.

I said some truly reprehensible poo poo around that age to my parents and loved ones when I knew something was up with me but couldn’t form it into something I felt others could understand. They recognized it as a sign of something deeper going on, and was there for me, helped me out, instead of stooping to my level. If she’s shoplifting at 12 with an iffy support network, especially from her biological parents - she loving needs help, not to be shoved down further. Something is UP.

Lt. Danger
Dec 22, 2006

jolly good chaps we sure showed the hun

good thing the OP hasn't failed her by showing relationships are about the needs of two people, not one

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

You can’t step up as a dad if the girl’s mom goes “:actually: you’re not her dad” after you had to fix a mess both the parents dropped the ball on.

Dude should just sever because the relationship will always be like that.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

You're loving dumber than a Fox News viewer. There's a huge difference between touching your partner when you wake up to initiate morning sex and groping him/her while they're sleeping on the couch in the middle of the night without so much as a glance at their face, hoping you can gently caress them before they wake up to tell you to stop.

Tjadeth
Sep 16, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
VOLUNTEER
:nyan:
I'm honestly surprised more people haven't brought up the high likelihood that he knew it wasn't his wife, but wanted to see how much he could get away with using that as an excuse.

If you read stories of "the time that guy I thought was trustworthy started groping me in my sleep", them claiming they thought it was their partner is like the #1 go-to when they're caught. Sometimes it's convincing enough that it might actually be true, but often it's a really blatant lie.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Tjadeth posted:

I'm honestly surprised more people haven't brought up the high likelihood that he knew it wasn't his wife, but wanted to see how much he could get away with using that as an excuse.

If you read stories of "the time that guy I thought was trustworthy started groping me in my sleep", them claiming they thought it was their partner is like the #1 go-to when they're caught. Sometimes it's convincing enough that it might actually be true, but often it's a really blatant lie.

Yeah this is likely the case to be honest. The whole scenario seems really plausible, but this is reddit were talking about so

Also judo kid is hosed either way so he may as well beat some rear end

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Yeah this is likely the case to be honest. The whole scenario seems really plausible, but this is reddit were talking about so

Especially given "So my wife’s sister is staying with us because she’s getting out of a relationship and her husband kicked her out." She's single and emotionally vulnerable and easily accessible, so she's a target.

I might buy that someone might squeeze a buttcheek from behind out of mistaken identity. But you don't get to removing someone's clothing without noticing its a completely different person. If it started that way, he made the decision to keep going even after realizing it.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Xik posted:

Trigger warning for any mums itt

AITA for telling my SO he'll need to limit gym time after baby?

This right here? This is a family that needed to be vastly more proactive about birth control, because neither of them wants a second kid.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Dienes posted:

Especially given "So my wife’s sister is staying with us because she’s getting out of a relationship and her husband kicked her out." She's single and emotionally vulnerable and easily accessible, so she's a target.

I might buy that someone might squeeze a buttcheek from behind out of mistaken identity. But you don't get to removing someone's clothing without noticing its a completely different person. If it started that way, he made the decision to keep going even after realizing it.

The way I read it, he didn't realize she was staying with them until after this thing happened, but that's 50/50 a lie. The guy seems scummy for sure

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet

Antivehicular posted:

The 17-year-old boy is also a swimmer, which I think is the perfect conjunction of "black hole for any and all food in the vicinity." Three servings of a wedding buffet seems positively moderate.

My 19-year-old was on swim team all through high school and yeah, it's very polite of the kid to stick to only three trips

e: lol I should learn to refresh threads before posting

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I love these because they're a perfect rorschach for people to blow big steaming loads of projection onto

Personally I want to believe this is just some mgtow fanfiction

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Antivehicular posted:

The 17-year-old boy is also a swimmer, which I think is the perfect conjunction of "black hole for any and all food in the vicinity." Three servings of a wedding buffet seems positively moderate.

Yeah, it seems people think this is some fat slob of a kid, when in all likelihood he is a fuckin ripped swimmer that needs 4000 calories a day to function (he had TWO swim practices that day ffs)

Ebola Roulette
Sep 13, 2010

No matter what you win lose ragepiss.

Overwatch Porn posted:

apparently; my husband gropes me in my sleep all the time and because I love him and am attracted to him I have no issue with it since it often leads to super satisfying morning sex

Hmm that's almost like that's the difference here :thunk:

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Araenna posted:

Is it common for people not in the wedding party to get professional hair and makeup for a wedding? Is it because they're family and would be in the photos?

This is a money thing. 10 to 1, the groom comes from money, and spending on appearances like that is socially expected.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

Mooseykins posted:

Why do you find that troubling?

I was up too late and was making a joke that I thought worked in my very tired state, but it wasn’t actually related to anything currently being discussed in the thread, so it didn’t really work and then I fell asleep immediately after posting it. sorry for the confusion

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

I was up too late and was making a joke that I thought worked in my very tired state, but it wasn’t actually related to anything currently being discussed in the thread, so it didn’t really work and then I fell asleep immediately after posting it. sorry for the confusion

Fwiw, I laughed

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

She's not buried in my backyard, if that's what you were wondering. She's still alive and bitching, in Florida.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

Mooseykins posted:

She's not buried in my backyard, if that's what you were wondering. She's still alive and bitching, in Florida.

yeah that was the joke

sorry for implying you norman bates’d your ex

Barudak
May 7, 2007

DrManiac posted:

You can’t step up as a dad if the girl’s mom goes “:actually: you’re not her dad” after you had to fix a mess both the parents dropped the ball on.

Dude should just sever because the relationship will always be like that.

Honestly he should dump her because he couldn't even muster a "but in every other way our relationship is perfect" and if you cant even fake it that much youll never convince the mob that you arent two schlubs from Chicago, youre actually lady musicians.

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

yeah that was the joke

sorry for implying you norman bates’d your ex

Nah it's cool. I was kinda tempted to post "plot twist: she's buried under my porch"

She's cool, just hypersexualized and always horny. It seemed fun at first but i don't have the stamina for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

The White Dragon posted:

I'm not familiar with judo or the risks involved. Naturally people get injured by accident in this sort of thing, but is that something that can just happen or some Cobra Kai poo poo?