Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

I’m a comparatively new arrival to the iOS app from Android (6 months), paged through the thread and didn’t find this:

When I click the :-) menu and get the smilies it works fine, but when I tap the :-) to input text again the custom posting menu at the top of the keyboard disappears (smilies, formatting, brackets, etc.). Am I exiting the smilie menu incorrectly or is something else going on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Now that iOS 13 is upon us, would it be possible to make it so dark mode synced with the os dark mode instead of brightness levels? I have my phone set to go dark mode on sundown and it would be nice to have this app sync with that.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

Midjack posted:

I’m a comparatively new arrival to the iOS app from Android (6 months), paged through the thread and didn’t find this:

When I click the :-) menu and get the smilies it works fine, but when I tap the :-) to input text again the custom posting menu at the top of the keyboard disappears (smilies, formatting, brackets, etc.). Am I exiting the smilie menu incorrectly or is something else going on?

Sounds like a bug, definitely not your doing.

SeANMcBAY posted:

Now that iOS 13 is upon us, would it be possible to make it so dark mode synced with the os dark mode instead of brightness levels? I have my phone set to go dark mode on sundown and it would be nice to have this app sync with that.

Yep!

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
hamburger and plat icon are not good

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

half right

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

Popping up from out of nowhere...

Are we berging on burging

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

I've removed the circle from the platinum icon and changed its sizing to 28px for @2x and 42px for @3x. It should still be dimmed grey.

It's amongst these other new icons here

Maybe the burger icon should be toggleable with a regular three stripe hamburger icon as the secondary option?

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I think the one or two people that have hated on the burger can deal with it versus really going down the rabbit hole on settings and preferences.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Awesome. Can’t wait for that. Thanks for the years of amazing work.:thumbsup:

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

The Dave posted:

I think the one or two people that have hated on the burger can deal with it versus really going down the rabbit hole on settings and preferences.

This

It adds character but is not lol wacky or distracting

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
Am I totally missing something or did the methodology for saving an image to your phone change or disappear?

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

spanky the dolphin posted:

I've removed the circle from the platinum icon and changed its sizing to 28px for @2x and 42px for @3x. It should still be dimmed grey.

It's amongst these other new icons here

Maybe the burger icon should be toggleable with a regular three stripe hamburger icon as the secondary option?

Actually the option should be to change it to the following:

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
Hamburgutton is GOOD

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

`Nemesis posted:

Am I totally missing something or did the methodology for saving an image to your phone change or disappear?

No intentional changes that I can recall. Where are you trying to save an image from?

If you’re in the image preview screen there’s a missing icon for "save image" in the share sheet, but it should still work.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

heeheex2 posted:

hamburger and plat icon are not good

Wrong, both are cute.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

`Nemesis posted:

if you're doing it through iOS (by long pressing the image)

you can change the list and make it so that save photo is the top choice in that screen by hitting edit and moving save photo to the top of favorites

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

i like the forum list expand/contract buttons. burger and plat should def go tho (or a toggle in settings)

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Just put in toggles for every feature ever added.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

withak posted:

Including your posting :dukedog:

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

withak posted:

those aren't features.

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

The dimmer text in beta looks great imo.

New beta plat is looking better than before, I've modded it one (last (I promise)) time. Do you think it's worth swapping out all the others in those folders now too or should it be implemented with new menus when that happens? I think they'd look better than what's in place now for what it's worth.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

pokeyman posted:

No intentional changes that I can recall. Where are you trying to save an image from?

If you’re in the image preview screen there’s a missing icon for "save image" in the share sheet, but it should still work.

Yea no idea, I upgraded my iPhone 8 to iOS 13 and the option to save the image was just gone.

Got my new 11 today and the same menu is wildly different; includes many more options as well as the save image function.

Just gonna chalk it up to some strange bug/upgrade issue.

Thanks for the reply.

Nuurd
Apr 21, 2005

I just upgraded my phone, and used the iPhone-to-iPhone data transfer. I think this ends up being pretty similar to a backup and restore, based on previous experience.

Awful app remembered my login, and might have even remembered which page I was reading, though I forget tbh.

I did notice that it didn’t transfer my default light/dark theme selections. I was reverted to “classic” for both, where I had been using the “bright” and “OLED” themes.

Obviously this is pretty small potatoes, but I wanted to report it.

Thanks for the great work!

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

heeheex2 posted:

those aren't features.

Doesn’t impact your life either yet here we are.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
On the latest beta it keeps crashing on replying to a thread.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

ijyt posted:

Doesn’t impact your life either yet here we are.

gently caress off dude.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

heeheex2 posted:

gently caress off dude.

Hey man this thread is a safe space if people can deal with my lovely ideas and tell me they’re bad you can handle the lightest or retorts.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

The dimmer text in beta looks great imo.

New beta plat is looking better than before, I've modded it one (last (I promise)) time. Do you think it's worth swapping out all the others in those folders now too or should it be implemented with new menus when that happens? I think they'd look better than what's in place now for what it's worth.

Can you make it the colour you want too? Including the dark theme variant if it’s different? Usually it’s easy for me to set a tint colour, but not so for images that end up among posts, because those are in a web view and CSS only lets me do so much.

Djarum posted:

On the latest beta it keeps crashing on replying to a thread.

Ok I’ve run into this a couple times too but it doesn’t happen everywhere, so I’m glad to hear it’s not just me. I’m having trouble reproducing it while debugging, but I’ll take a look. At a minimum I can see how to avert it, though I’d rather outright fix it (if that makes sense).

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

The Dave posted:

Hey man this thread is a safe space if people can deal with my lovely ideas and tell me they’re bad you can handle the lightest or retorts.

shitposting isn't a retort.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

heeheex2 posted:

shitposting isn't a retort.

This is the pot calling the kettle black my dude.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

pokeyman posted:

Not trying to call you out, but I’ve got the same issue. How should it “still work” when the button to do it is gone?

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

Grassy Knowles posted:

Not trying to call you out, but I’ve got the same issue. How should it “still work” when the button to do it is gone?

I’m still not sure which button we’re taking about. If I long-press an image in a post then it opens in a full screen viewer. Then if I tap the share button in the bottom right corner I get a share sheet with “save image” as one of the options. So I don’t think it’s gone? But I might be looking at the wrong button.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"
Oh my god I hate iOS so god damned much; you can scroll that share sheet up though it doesnt signify that in any way. I am a fool.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Grassy Knowles posted:

Oh my god I hate iOS so god damned much; you can scroll that share sheet up though it doesnt signify that in any way. I am a fool.

The new share sheet is loving awful

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Quantum of Phallus posted:

The new share sheet is loving awful

As a newbie to the ios version of the awful app, how do I make it show every post and not just the newest posts/my reply? Context of a discussion is important to me.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Hit "Previous Posts" at the top.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

withak posted:

Hit "Previous Posts" at the top.

I can't make it the default mode?

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

pokeyman posted:

Can you make it the colour you want too? Including the dark theme variant if it’s different? Usually it’s easy for me to set a tint colour, but not so for images that end up among posts, because those are in a web view and CSS only lets me do so much.

I've changed them all to be consistent with what the currently used icons look like. So you shouldn't need to alter any code, just replace the icons themselves.

Link

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"

something fucky going on with the bookmarks listing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

I've changed them all to be consistent with what the currently used icons look like. So you shouldn't need to alter any code, just replace the icons themselves.

Link

Thanks!

Mad Wack posted:

something fucky going on with the bookmarks listing

Agreed! I'll add it to my list.