Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

Drunk Nerds posted:

So campaign to have the "voting to remove bad trades" taken out before the draft starts.

You're a cool guy, but getting upset because people are debating about using an existing league rule to show their agreement/lack thereof for a trade is bad form. We're just debating about whether or not we should vote to reject this incredibly lopsided trade, which is a setting that's in the league. If trade vetoes weren't in place, I would definitely be on your side. But complaining about people discussing a veto rule that was in place at draft time is like complaining about 4 vs 6 pt passing touchdowns after the draft.

the talk about explaining trades, or collusion has never been mentioned once in the 2 (maybe 3?) years I’ve been in this league before.

I’m not sure why this year the trades are all the sudden such a big deal and people are demanding explanations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

spacejung posted:

If anyone has a better offer for ____________, post it right here in the thread

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Alright, I don't want anyone to think I just dismissed this out of hand.

I'm not inclined to overturn it but you get why people are dubious on this one, right? You traded away the #2 receiver on one of the highest scoring offenses last year, plus the #1 for another team (probably just a depth guy with that poo poo offense admittedly), for a 31-year old receiver coming off of an ACL tear. I'm not going to expect every trade to be accompanied by a long form essay but, yeah, there's a reason people are gonna ask about this and it might go a long way to getting past it if you could let us know why? Projections everywhere I look put those guys within ~20 point of each other. FWIW, I think you're also getting some more flak considering you drafted 4 QBs, which is not exactly ordinary. It's your prerogative and I'm not trying to give you poo poo about it; just saying that you're already on the everyone's radar for odd moves.

Edit: Just wanted to add, I get why both Spacejung and Alfala are irritated with this one. People were already up in arms about the Rogers/Davis trade earlier and if that's the level that's going to set people off there's going to be a lot of arguments.

Quiet Feet fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Sep 3, 2019

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
Sure I don't mind, essentially I just figured that Sanders would have enough floor to garner a few wr2 starts for me, while I perceive Ridley as more matchup dependent and, knowing myself, I didn't foresee starting him too often. I did factor in the achilles tear and age but it's not as big of a concern for me as it may be for some as I plan to work the wire a lot. And of course, given that strategy, Davis had become my lowest priority to keep and I decided to include him as more or less a sweetener (taking into acct my trade partner's freshly IR'ed roster spot).

I sent other variations of this trade for wr1 type players with correspondingly better packages and didn't get any hits. I'm sure those wouldnt have been popular either, and I certainly don't view this trade as a guaranteed win for me. If that was my litmus test I would never do a trade.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Zeke’s back!

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

NickRoweFillea posted:

Zeke’s back!

Boooooooooo!

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man

Quiet Feet posted:

Boooooooooo!

same.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Come on Melvin. Make it all worthwhile! :pray:

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Sammy Watkins is going BEAST MODE

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

NickRoweFillea posted:

Sammy Watkins is going BEAST MODE

yeah, it sucks

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

A trade came in:

Tyler Lockett for Kareem Hunt and Tevin Coleman

LOL

This is one of those “throw poo poo at the wall and see what sticks” trades right?

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
No pub is bad pub!

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

i assumed that you would get some sort of notification if someone placed a higher bid on a free agent, but both of the players i was trying to pick up went to someone else without my knowing it. guess i was wrong?

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Yeah there’s no notification. You bid blind. I believe it takes the bids in order so if you were outbid by someone in front of you on the waiver wire then you just get skipped.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I made this garbage thing but ESPN won't accept my Imgur link so I guess I'm not bothering with my team re-name.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

Oh god the feet lol

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

I know it’s early yet but I think I have highest single game point total locked down.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

aaaand Saquon is injured; can i just put my box of beer in escrow now?

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

funkybottoms posted:

aaaand Saquon is injured; can i just put my box of beer in escrow now?

Yeah, hang on let me get you the address for the Antonio Brown Memorial for hosed Seasons.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Quiet Feet posted:

Yeah, hang on let me get you the address for the Antonio Brown Memorial for hosed Seasons.

they renamed the the Le'veon Bell Memorial Memorial for hosed Seasons?

also, i have/had Antonio Brown, Brees, Barkley, Devin Singletary, AJ Green, and Michael Gallup in my work league #fmffl

funkybottoms fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Sep 23, 2019

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

Wtf I have never seen a fantasy score this ridiculous. This means the rest of my season is cursed right?

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

deedee megadoodoo posted:

Wtf I have never seen a fantasy score this ridiculous. This means the rest of my season is cursed right?

"Huh? What's he going on about? It's only 129. Oh wait, no, Deedee is somebody else. Isn't he JJ Arcega White claaaaaaaaaaaaaaah holy poo poo." :stare:

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

deedee megadoodoo posted:

Just saw it. It always feels good to make all the right starts.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

All those points, but you are playing me, so it's almost a waste.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
Wow most leagues would have chucked some FAAB at Gallman... if you wish you had, send me an offer

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

spacejung posted:

Wow most leagues would have chucked some FAAB at Gallman... if you wish you had, send me an offer

"Trade me for the guy none of you wanted" might not be the strong play you think it is.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

Quiet Feet posted:

"Trade me for the guy none of you wanted" might not be the strong play you think it is.

Thanks for the constructive criticism you are starting Adrian Peterson in 2019

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Hey I do need an rb2 and I can tell you're super confident in Gallman so I sent you an offer for another one of your backs.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

Quiet Feet posted:

Hey I do need an rb2 and I can tell you're super confident in Gallman so I sent you an offer for another one of your backs.

Had to decline unfortunately. If you want to counter you can always throw in wr7 horseman spudpecker, teams in need generally have to overpay a bit

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

spacejung posted:

Most leagues are terrible and want terrible players. My team is a dumpster fire and I still want no parts of Wayne Gallman.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
Wow the 0-3 teams are owning me a lot in this thread. If I could see their posts from my vantage point up here at 3-0 I can only imagine the pain they would inflict. Clearly I should drop the young upstart Wayne Gallman, whose value is less than the bottom rostered player of so many teams.. worse even than Adrian Peterson... Malcolm Brown... TJ Hockenson... Harrison Butker... and even the Jaguars Defense and thusly I just about ought to end my fantasy career. Goodbye cruel league...

e: j/k.... I'm back in the mix baby.

trade offers sent

spacejung fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Sep 26, 2019

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

spacejung posted:

Wow the 0-3 teams are owning me a lot in this thread. If I could see their posts from my vantage point up here at 3-0 I can only imagine the pain they would inflict. Clearly I should drop the young upstart Wayne Gallman, whose value is less than the bottom rostered player of so many teams.. worse even than Adrian Peterson... Malcolm Brown... TJ Hockenson... Harrison Butker... and even the Jaguars Defense and thusly I just about ought to end my fantasy career. Goodbye cruel league...

e: j/k.... I'm back in the mix baby.

trade offers sent

I'm not saying my standard are high, just that I have them. :v:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Hey, while I'm here anyone want this burger I found in the trash? It was on the very top on top of a newspaper It only has one bite out of it.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Quiet Feet posted:

Hey, while I'm here anyone want this burger I found in the trash? It was on the very top on top of a newspaper It only has one bite out of it.

No, but if you've got some French fries I know where we can find a whole bunch of salt.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
To be fair my post may look extremely stupid now, but it would be even worse to make it later in the season when I'm 3-8 so best to just get it out of my system

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Why the gently caress did I start Green Bay’s defense

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

NickRoweFillea posted:

Why the gently caress did I start Green Bay’s defense

because they had gotten a whole bunch of sacks and turnover the past three games (i played them in my work league, ugh)

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

hey, guess which dogshit Giants running back already has twice as many fantasy points as Barkley got last week

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

That's one hell of a week-to-week swing by JJAW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

I told you my team is cursed now.