Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I'm sorry for the dumb post on the previous page. I did not think anyone was allowed to see it except for my clique, who put up with my poo poo a great deal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Cavauro posted:

I'm sorry for the dumb post on the previous page. I did not think anyone was allowed to see it except for my clique, who put up with my poo poo a great deal

sorry the posting variance didn't break your way my friend

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Sour Diesel posted:

kawalimus is great and people melt the gently caress down over his football takes

the funny thing is, especially during the flacco years he was correct but just overreacted so people flipped out

the ravens would win games and he'd complain and it's because the wins would be really ugly and that's not a good sign if you wanna make a deep playoff run. but people would freak out and use the word "entitled" because apparently fans of lovely football teams act like victims of war crimes if a fan of a team that plays in january isn't posting allears emojis about their qb or whatever

I think one of the reasons I got so mad in those years particularly, was because I thought we were so talented. Especially once we brought Boldin in. I actually predicted a 14-2 season for us that year. I thought we were going to rip through things and I even remember in week 1 against the Jets(who were also supposed to be good that year) all the Jets fans were saying their team was better than the Ravens. But I said and insisted that our team was much better. And I wasn't wrong. And we won the game too. So I'd get super frustrated when we'd play these ugly as heck games with such a talented team and get so mad at Cameron and then Mattison and then I'd hate Harbaugh for not holding them accountable. And I was never sure about Flacco.

We had Boldin, Mason, Heap, and Houshmandzadeh that year as receiving options. Not to mention Ray Rice in his prime. And we would still struggle to get first downs! It was so, so frustrating to watch as a fan.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Kawalimus posted:

I think one of the reasons I got so mad in those years particularly, was because I thought we were so talented. Especially once we brought Boldin in. I actually predicted a 14-2 season for us that year. I thought we were going to rip through things and I even remember in week 1 against the Jets(who were also supposed to be good that year) all the Jets fans were saying their team was better than the Ravens. But I said and insisted that our team was much better. And I wasn't wrong. So I'd get super frustrated when we'd play these ugly as heck games with such a talented team and get so mad at Cameron and then Mattison and then I'd hate Harbaugh for not holding them accountable. And I was never sure about Flacco.

We had Boldin, Mason, Heap, and Houshmandzadeh that year as receiving options. Not to mention Ray Rice in his prime. And we would still struggle to get first downs! It was so, so frustrating to watch as a fan.

the real frustrating thing was seeing the offense hum in 2 minute drills when joe would call the offense and slot boldin while having pitta run up the seam, which was a huge indictment that the playcalling was the problem

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the combined age of those three WRs was 97, if you want to PM me and just talk.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Sour Diesel posted:

the real frustrating thing was seeing the offense hum in 2 minute drills when joe would call the offense and slot boldin while having pitta run up the seam, which was a huge indictment that the playcalling was the problem

Yeah that just plays into what I'm saying. It'd drive me nuts. We'd suddenly start looking great right at the end of halves or if we were down by a lot. And it was like...WHY are we not having all these neat playcalls and using these talents the way we should use them? We should be driving teams bananas. We should always have some matchup problem to exploit. So why aren't we???

Oh we also had LeRon McClain who was just about automatic from 3rd and 1. I've heard he's really struggling with brain damage :(

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Cavauro posted:

the combined age of those three WRs was 97, if you want to PM me and just talk.

Housh was the only one who really was past his prime but was still effective and had that big winning catch against the Steelers. Mason was still very good. And Boldin was right in his prime. Heap was still a major matchup problem and had an awesome diving catch in week 1 against the Jets. He could still make plays. But Cameron insisted that Heap should be primarily used as a blocker. Even though he was never really even good at that.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

You should have listened and sent me a PM. should have listened.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Cavauro posted:

You should have listened and sent me a PM. should have listened.

but i didn't want to just talk! I wanna go off on a ramble :) and remember all these old games. The good and the bad.

I saw a youtube video of when the Ravens lost 25-0 to the Bucs in 2002. it was iinteresting to watch. I was kinda surprised the Ravens released it. I was at that game too. It was right after Johnny Unitas died and my dad was like "Johnny U will bless Chris Redman from heaven!" and the Bucs proceeded to chew him up.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Sep 23, 2019

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

voted 1

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

i would love to Just Talk with you kawalimus you are my friend and wonderful to talk to because you are my friend

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Sour Diesel posted:

i would love to Just Talk with you kawalimus you are my friend and wonderful to talk to because you are my friend

I don't Just Talk very well sadly. But I can ramble. So that's what I do.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
My ravens brethren (not pop dog) I made this in honor of the new young guns of the league

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

i voted 5, bet you didnt see that coming

hows it feel to be owned?

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Kawalimus please get your dad a forum's account

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Doltos posted:

My ravens brethren (not pop dog) I made this in honor of the new young guns of the league

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Voted 3 just to keep things even Steven.

Kawalimus posted:

Oh we also had LeRon McClain who was just about automatic from 3rd and 1. I've heard he's really struggling with brain damage :(

I hadn't heard that. I'm sad now. You've made me sad! And on this, the day of my Ravens losing. I feel forlorn.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Mystic Stylez posted:

Kawalimus please get your dad a forum's account

He'd never post on a place like here. Online posting isn't his bag. But he was very dramatic about his sports!! Especially in those days. He had a bad alcohol problem back then too. But he doesn't drink anymore. When we lost to Pittsburgh in 2002 and left the stadium he was just yelling and arguing with random steelers fans.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

Doltos posted:

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Do the Browns draft a QB in 2020? 2nd round?

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Gatts posted:

Do the Browns draft a QB in 2020? 2nd round?

JFC stop being dramatic.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Doltos posted:

can we make this the thread background

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Flikken posted:

JFC stop being dramatic.

Yeah, Baker's a little disappointing in 3 games this year, but he's a 2nd year QB. I'm giving it at the very least until the end of this season if not next before I'd really start thinking he was dead to us.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

im glad you finally worked an 88 into your posts doltoid

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Kawalimus posted:

He'd never post on a place like here. Online posting isn't his bag. But he was very dramatic about his sports!! Especially in those days. He had a bad alcohol problem back then too. But he doesn't drink anymore. When we lost to Pittsburgh in 2002 and left the stadium he was just yelling and arguing with random steelers fans.

My dad owned a Bengals bus and him and his buddies would park it out on the stadium concourse right outside the gates and watch the game in the bus on a tv

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

oh, a beng-ALS bus, my mistake

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

tied for third place and looking to move up after the big important game next monday night

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy we all lost today :toot:

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Fire Freddie Kitchens and insert some competence into Baker’s backbone

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Now that’s an ending to a Browns game for sure.

Baker just looks like a different guy than last year. His confidence doesn’t seem to be there.

Bigass Moth fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Sep 23, 2019

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

Browns choose the Brownsiest way to end the game. They drive down inside their own five then never even attempt a run, or show the threat of a run. Our worst plays of the night were all when Baker was running around trying to create plays, so lets run four straight bootlegs to end the game.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Bigass Moth posted:

Now that’s an ending to a Browns game for sure.

Baker just looks like a different guy than last year. His confidence doesn’t seem to be there.

I think he's shook from being built up by the hype and smashed into reality.

He also has a serious case of happy feet, running away from the pressure before it's there and even when it's not there at all.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

tthey should be called the god drat grays because they've lost their Hue!

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Ghost Dog posted:

im glad you finally worked an 88 into your posts doltoid

Cavauro posted:

tthey should be called the god drat grays because they've lost their Hue!

Good jokes, good thread, bad division filled with losers. Goodnight all.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me
3 weeks, 3 wins

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

Doltos posted:

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Why are his arms a different color?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Thank you AFC North for all also losing the week the Ravens had to play the Chiefs, very kind of you